DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

In TFOH there were some hints that Leane might be ahem... leaning (I ask for your pardon for this) towards Logain.

I'm in the middle of LOC in my reread but I can't remember if this "relationship" has gone deeper or if it has been left there. That might be something of minor importance in Tarmon Gaid'on, but still important. Leane/Logain bonded.

I'm up to Morgase's flight from Rhavin and have not noticed Leane doing anything other than teasing Logain, and I remember her continuing to do so.  I do not think she was ever attracted to him and I know that the have not hooked up and are not likely to do so.

Mmmh, there's a scene in Salidar I think where Min thinks about this flirting and contemplates Leane as being attracted to the guy... Well, maybe I've pushed too far the flirting consequences.

Ive got a couple, but i'll start with this one...... who sent the Aiel thru a gateway after Mat in his tent when he was outside in his undies, LoC, Chapt 22 "Heading South", pg 341 in the hardcover edition?

We don't know. This was considered for the Big Unnoticed Thing, but Peter Ahlstrom ruled it out. The most common suggestion is Sammael.

and finally.... who was looking out the 2nd story window when Theodrin caught Ny eavesdropping on Tarna and the Salidar Hall, LoC, 'Questions and Answers', pg 231 hardcover.

Nynaeve was eaverdropping on Sheriam and co. Tarna had left the room. The most likely candidate for the watcher is in fact Tarna because of that--she leaves the first story room, and a few minutes later someone begins watching from the second story. Then Tarna rocks up at Nynaeve's room stating that she knew she and Elayne were there despite the fact that the Rebels attempted to hide them from her.

There's something else, something she says which hints at this, but I don't have my books on me right now. But yeah, Tarna seems the most likely candidate.

Alas, this one isn't a simple question at all. Many methods have been suggested, most notably pushing it through a Gateway, or hitting it hard with something wielded with the OP (the same way Elayne tossed poo at Mat). People keep coming up with volcanoes as well, perhaps because of the way Terminator II ended :)

Search for "kill gholam", you'll find many threads.

Is there any theory that Taim is Moridin in disguise somewhere or how else he might have avoided going nutty after channeling for 15 years?

Many, many, many theories about Taim. I wouldnt know where to start.

Theres no evidence to say Taim is deffs not Moridin,  but it is highly unlikely.

The best theory, or most likely, is Taim is just Taim, possibly got lucky, possibly trained by Ishamael when he was free, its not exactly clear.

How can the gholam be destroyed?

The SteelyPips website had a lot of options:

http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/1_dark/1.6_beasties/1.6.2_gholam.html

unfortunately that site hasn't been updated in a long time.

I assume it merged into one of these other Wheel of Time sites.

edit: looks like it was taken over by dragonmount.

I wish they would have kept all the great theories from SteelyPips.

Is there any theory that Taim is Moridin in disguise somewhere or how else he might have avoided going nutty after channeling for 15 years?

Many, many, many theories about Taim. I wouldnt know where to start.

Theres no evidence to say Taim is deffs not Moridin,  but it is highly unlikely.

The best theory, or most likely, is Taim is just Taim, possibly got lucky, possibly trained by Ishamael when he was free, its not exactly clear.

I remember reading that Taim has been unaffected by taint, even before Rand cleansed it. Is this any indication of him being a forsaken in disguise?

I remember reading that Taim has been unaffected by taint, even before Rand cleansed it. Is this any indication of him being a forsaken in disguise?

Sure there is (for example, his referrences to the 'so-called Aiel'), but this question is better suited to any number of Taim-specific threads on this board.

EDIT: Sorry, I've read that as 'is there any...' rather than 'is this...'. Disregard my answer.

Sure there is (for example, his referrences to the 'so-called Aiel'), but this question is better suited to any number of Taim-specific threads on this board.

FWIW, we don't know he is unaffected. We only have his assurance that he is not mad (and Perrin's sense of smell at Dumai's Wells). 

How can the gholam be destroyed?

The SteelyPips website had a lot of options:

http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/1_dark/1.6_beasties/1.6.2_gholam.html

this is my theory about the Gholam
every thing u ever wanted to know about the gholam but were afraid to ask!!!

There is a lot of people who think the Gholam is immune to the power . if we just look at what has been explained already we should realize that is both right and wrong! Let me explain.

1. We know a lot about the power. And  that there is a male part and female.

2. We know the 2 parts are different.

3. We know that there are male and female Gholam.

4. We know They were made to assassinate Aes Sedai. No other reason.

5. We know they can sense the ability to channel.

6. We know that a male gholam makes female flows disappear.

7. We know Mats medallion makes female flows disappear.

8. We know that the medallion hurts the Gholam.

9. We know that things made to work for or against the male and female powers work  in  different ways.

10. We know “Gholam were created in the middle of the War of the Power, during the Age of Legends”

So with this info we can extrapolate what about the gholam? Any question you can think of.

1. Male gholam were made to kill female channelers

2. Male gholam were made of and using Saidar, And that is why it cant hurt them

3. Female  gholam were made to kill males.

4. Female  gholam were made by and of Sadin. And that is why it cant hurt them.

5. Also it is why a gholam “can sense the ability to channel, if they're within, say, fifty paces of you. They can feel the power in you, too”

Further clarification Both types are made of the power type they kill (like a walking Eye of the World or a flesh bag filled with sadar/sadin ) which tells us  that.

1. no weapon can hurt them .

2. why they are so fast.

3. why they have no bones.

4. Why they're strong enough to rip a door off steel hinges with one hand

This also confirms a other often debated question

1. Mat’s medallion works against both types.

2. Why  Mat’s medallion works on the gholam is that it is taking the flows and unraveling them (think of it like slow bailfire to the ghoalms skin.) or more simply poking small holes in a ziplock / flesh bag full of liquid sadar/sadin. It will take a lot of pokes or one big tear to get the sadar/sadin to drain out.

So now what these fact make me theorize is

1. It drinks blood as a food to keep its energy

2. The blood of an Aes Sedai is like a drug increasing his power in just about every way.

3. gholams are blood junkys

4. And that is why a bag of  sadar/sadin would kill people that can use it

We are keeping pretty much everything that is still valid. We are adding a lot more than we are cutting, so most of the old theories will still be there.

FWIW, we don't know he is unaffected. We only have his assurance that he is not mad (and Perrin's sense of smell at Dumai's Wells). 

I agree. Of course, if you'll search for "Taim" you'll surly find another thread in which some evidence that Taim has used the TP was discussed (Sharaman, I know YOU've seen it. I'm talking to Alfreo). If indeed he has/had access to it, it might be considered evidence that the DO offered him the same protection that the Forsaken have.

I'm confused!

What Tarmon Gai'don (Last Battle) means?

R. Jordan or B. Sanderson have ever revealed if TG will take place somewhere in Randland or if is an event that will happen everywhere in WoTverse?

Where will Borderlanders, Seanchans, wolves from TaR, AS, Aiels and Rand fight?

Is TG local or universal?

Though if I remember correctly Sammael has told us that Randland proper is going to be the battlefield, so the warfare will probably be contained to the main continent (of course, the battles being fought in Seanchan right now are the result of Semirhage's actions, and the same for Shara and Graendal, so I guess the chaos does span the entire known world).

Still, we have Verin's comment on TG not being fought the way Rand assumes it is, so who knows.

If Alanna were in danger would Rand feel the desire to protect her because of the bond, or is that factor only because of the relationship with the bonder/bondee outside of the bond itself?

As far as I know, a desire to protect isn't part of the Bond. It's only part of being a friend (and, to a Warder, self-preservation, I guess).

Have we seen Aes Sedai "lying" with a delay?

I mean, can an Aes Sedai say for instance "I will never do that" and later do it having forgotten it or not thinking the same at this very moment?

That would not qualify as a lie in their eyes, wouldn't it?

Or will it be... printed into their mind and become binding?

Have we seen Aes Sedai "lying" with a delay?

I mean, can an Aes Sedai say for instance "I will never do that" and later do it having forgotten it or not thinking the same at this very moment?

That would not qualify as a lie in their eyes, wouldn't it?

Or will it be... printed into their mind and become binding?

I think it comes down to whether or not they think / realize they are lying.

The AS who was with Egwene and then went back to Elaida (name failing me - Beonin?)... she was fine with her duplicity until Egwene pointed out the inherent lie.  She was then unable to continue it.

I think that's been explained before as intention, rather than statement of fact - like when your mother swears she's gonna beat the arse off you - (what, was that not everyone's mother?) and she means it, but deosn't generally do it...

Yeah seems like the Oath prevents an AS from speaking something she knows to be untrue. Which, as Rand (I think) thought before, leaves a barn door worth of wiggle room.

Moggy's first instinct is self preservation - she's the spider, sitting in the shadows patiently plotting. She's already had runs in with Nyn and Birgitte, and she can obv tell that Elayne is no weakling in the OP. She's not gonna strike in such a public area. Too many variables.