DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Is there anyway to find a list of characters in each book?

I'm trying to find a list of new characters in The Gathering Storm, characters we didn't see in earlier books.

is there an easy way to do that?

Wotmania had a similar function when it was around.  As far as I am aware, the function was not transferred to anywhere.

Closest current option might be the chapter summaries at various sites.

I've got it. Use Google to search for [First appeared TDR site:wot.wikia.com] (brackets mine, play with it a little to search for other books). Didn't think of it until now.

Hey, I've an ideer - would Morgase, or Dyelin, or someone like that not recognise Luc if he came a calling?

I mean, he was v casual with being out and about in Emond's Field where all the hillbillies wouldn't know him from Adam, but I'd imagine someone with a better grasp of Andoran political families would spot him.

I just think we're in for some big reveals with him - Gitara's Foretelling,etc. He obv has a major purpose.

Oh God no, no sentiments. I'm just wondering if his arrogance extends to him strutting his stuff in the wrong place at the wrong time, and someone spotting him. Although of course, it'll prob wind up like Nyn seeing Isam in TAR, but not bothering to mention it to Lan/ even Cadsuane, obliquely, after.

I'm not sure belief couldn't refer to the Whitecloaks - they are the ultimate dogmatic ideological society. And, with Galad at the helm, they will back Rand 150%. Once Galad realises Rand is def going to fight the DO. Cos it's the right thing to do. And, I don't think he would hold any inherent problem with fighting alongside damane.

Of course it could be a very simple, straightforward, totally obvious thing to say, too... How helpful are chaos and apathy?

Another question, wildlife in TAR we were told was a no, right?  Or some?  We were told during a Wolf Dream segment I think.  I can't seem to recall this bit.

Au contraire, the Unseen World has its own wildlife. It's trained animals that don't appear there.

And one more, people say the Eye of the World wasn't used for its intended purpose, do we have a source to that?  Or is it something we've heard and heard and just took for fact?

I don't think anyone takes this for fact. It's just been suggested, and there isn't much in the way of evidence either way.

It comes from this quote in tEotW
but your right there is no evidence

Is there anyway to find a list of characters in each book?

I'm trying to find a list of new characters in The Gathering Storm, characters we didn't see in earlier books.

is there an easy way to do that?

Wotmania had a similar function when it was around.  As far as I am aware, the function was not transferred to anywhere.

Closest current option might be the chapter summaries at various sites.

I've got it. Use Google to search for [First appeared TDR site:wot.wikia.com] (brackets mine, play with it a little to search for other books). Didn't think of it until now.

this site is new and not fully up to date yet but it might help http://www.wotdb.com/

I'm not sure belief couldn't refer to the Whitecloaks - they are the ultimate dogmatic ideological society. And, with Galad at the helm, they will back Rand 150%. Once Galad realises Rand is def going to fight the DO. Cos it's the right thing to do. And, I don't think he would hold any inherent problem with fighting alongside damane.

Of course it could be a very simple, straightforward, totally obvious thing to say, too... How helpful are chaos and apathy?

Yup. Where I'm coming from is the beginning of TDR where it is hinted that Tuatha'an = belief give strength. Among other interesting things as Perrin saying 'there must be another way'.

Can we get a list of questions we would like to have answered by BS at the book signings for ToM book tour.

Remind me closer to the tour and I'll sticky a thread for that purpose on the non-spoiler board.

In TFOH there were some hints that Leane might be ahem... leaning (I ask for your pardon for this) towards Logain.

I'm in the middle of LOC in my reread but I can't remember if this "relationship" has gone deeper or if it has been left there. That might be something of minor importance in Tarmon Gaid'on, but still important. Leane/Logain bonded.

In TFOH there were some hints that Leane might be ahem... leaning (I ask for your pardon for this) towards Logain.

I'm in the middle of LOC in my reread but I can't remember if this "relationship" has gone deeper or if it has been left there. That might be something of minor importance in Tarmon Gaid'on, but still important. Leane/Logain bonded.

I'm up to Morgase's flight from Rhavin and have not noticed Leane doing anything other than teasing Logain, and I remember her continuing to do so.  I do not think she was ever attracted to him and I know that the have not hooked up and are not likely to do so.

Ive got a couple, but i'll start with this one...... who sent the Aiel thru a gateway after Mat in his tent when he was outside in his undies, LoC, Chapt 22 "Heading South", pg 341 in the hardcover edition?

Screw it, heres my other 2...What thought nuzzled the corner of Ny's mind, LoC 'Dreams and Nightmares', pg 256, hardcover.

and finally.... who was looking out the 2nd story window when Theodrin caught Ny eavesdropping on Tarna and the Salidar Hall, LoC, 'Questions and Answers', pg 231 hardcover.

sorry to lump them, but i'm too impatient to space them out, hahahahaa