DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Have we gotten an explanation as to why there were blue flashes when Thom fought the Myrddraal at Whitebridge while Rand and Mat escaped yet or is it still a RAFO?

Basically still RAFO, but we've gotten two answers. The first, Thom's favorite couple of daggers are very special. The second, that the flashes began before Thom reached the Myrrdraal.

Moghedien gets a seal at Tanchico. Why didn't she take it to Shayol Ghul?

Maybe because it is Nynaeve and Elayne that took the seal, not Moghedien. She fled after her failure against Nyn, who shielded her.

No, Val's got a point. Moghedien saw it first, but chose to disguise it rather than take it. Why did she do that? And if the Shadow isn't interested in acquiring the Seals, why attack Devram and Dobrain?

She probably wanted to hide it while she was increasing chaos in the country... she wanted to retrieve it later, I think.

And I think that if the bad guys had managed to successfully make all they planed, it would have been hard for the good guys to go so far. So in order for the Light to win, the bad guyq shall ve dumb and highly incompetent. And selfish.

To deepen the question. SO far Taim has shown more proficiency with the one power no? Considering we know he has his own weaves, even teaching one to Rand. Whereas we have seen, little to no innovation from Logain. Or does he have his own assortment of tricks as well?

Firstly, Rand may be considerably stronger then both, as he was very likely no where near his full strength, since he was only about a year into learning to channel at the time. Secondly theres been little about Logain's abilities, altho in TSR at Tear someone Mat overheard talking about Logain said he was very powerful, being able to flatten a village himself or something like that.

To deepen the question. SO far Taim has shown more proficiency with the one power no? Considering we know he has his own weaves, even teaching one to Rand. Whereas we have seen, little to no innovation from Logain. Or does he have his own assortment of tricks as well?

Firstly, Rand may be considerably stronger then both, as he was very likely no where near his full strength, since he was only about a year into learning to channel at the time. Secondly theres been little about Logain's abilities, altho in TSR at Tear someone Mat overheard talking about Logain said he was very powerful, being able to flatten a village himself or something like that.

that was just a rumor probably. rand cant even do that unaided now i wouldnt think

yeah true. Still he's strong enough to have his own faction in the black tower and I don't think that was too long after he escaped Salidar.

that was just a rumor probably. rand cant even do that unaided now i wouldnt think

In LOC when Sulin walks in on Min sitting on Rand's lap she drops the tray she is carrying in shock.  We have Rand's POV at this point and he thinks Sulin's shock is due to Avi having just left and Rand snuggling with Min so quickly...I don't think Rand is right, but I don't know what really happened either..anyone??

As Luckers said, Taim and Logain are extremely close in strength, probably so close that it'll simply come down to experience and which one has the funkier weaves (if they end up battling against each other at all.) I would lean more toward Taim only because Logain has complained about Taim teaching weaves only to his select few Asha`man, which suggests that he may know more then Logain. However, thats purely speculation.

Have we gotten an explanation as to why there were blue flashes when Thom fought the Myrddraal at Whitebridge while Rand and Mat escaped yet or is it still a RAFO?

This page talks some about it::

http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/2_nondark/2.3_one-power/2.3.04_op-blades.html

I swear if this is one of the mysteries that's never solved I'll be disappointed, I've wanted to know since reading EotW for the first time

This page talks some about it::

http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/2_nondark/2.3_one-power/2.3.04_op-blades.html

I've read the passage too, and Thom crashes into them before the Myrdraal can draw his blade(only managing halfway drawing it), before they fall to the ground.  Then we get the blue light and Thom screaming.  You know what that means.  Owyn...Thom not seen but out and about Winternight...Thom can Channel!  Jk.  But RJ is quoted as saying Thom's best two knives are special?  Wonder what it all means?  Bet we'll find out next book.

Also did we ever find out what Thom was doing on winternite, when he was not seen by anybody but his cloak was burnt. Are Thoms knives mini shocklances like that darkfriend sister in KoD. And does Thom still have his knives, i seem to remember him losing them in a couple of trollocs or something and he said "those were my best knives"

I think it's in the BUT topic, but someone mentionned Ishamael's chord to the DO being severed during Tear's fight. Does this mean Moridin was reborn without that chord? My question more specifically, even though I think the answer is positive, is: Does the DO can "redo" that chord to ensure total obedience of its subject, if he wants to obviously?

Moreover, I don't remember it, but why in the first place did Thom go to Emond's Field? Has it been explicitly written or is this just a hell of a coincidence?

Also did we ever find out what Thom was doing on winternite, when he was not seen by anybody but his cloak was burnt. Are Thoms knives mini shocklances like that darkfriend sister in KoD. And does Thom still have his knives, i seem to remember him losing them in a couple of trollocs or something and he said "those were my best knives"

I think it's more likely that they're just Power-wrought. And you're right, that scene was in Aridhol, but it was a mistake. Later editions read 'second-best'.

I think it's in the BUT topic, but someone mentionned Ishamael's chord to the DO being severed during Tear's fight. Does this mean Moridin was reborn without that chord? My question more specifically, even though I think the answer is positive, is: Does the DO can "redo" that chord to ensure total obedience of its subject, if he wants to obviously?

I think it stands to reason that anything the DO can do, he/she/it can also reproduce.

Moreover, I don't remember it, but why in the first place did Thom go to Emond's Field? Has it been explicitly written or is this just a hell of a coincidence?

The Village Council calls him for Beltine/Winternight.

Oh, right... stupid me. So it was just pure chance he was the one to be chosen/to accept.