DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Moreover, I don't remember it, but why in the first place did Thom go to Emond's Field? Has it been explicitly written or is this just a hell of a coincidence?

The Village Council calls him for Beltine/Winternight.

Oh, right... stupid me. So it was just pure chance he was the one to be chosen/to accept.

Just a weaving of the Wheel. Like Rand falling from the wall in Camelyn and meeting Elayne, or running into Loial in the library.

Is all the Black Rock stuff we're seeing male cuendillar, like females make white cuendillar?  This has been RAFOd I think, but I'm wondering for things like the Black Tower and the place Moridin is at now that Graendal "thinks" Mori just happened upon it, but could he have had the Asha'man make it?  I dunno.

The males making black cuendillar part seems common sense to me at least though.

No, the Black Tower and Moridin's fort are just black rock.

Graendal would probably have recognised that substance and remarked on it.

Ditto all the AS in the BT.

Black is a cool colour or at least, both taim and Moridin think it is.

Producing cuendillar in that quantity would require huge numbers of male channellers beavering away day and night (assuming it is saidin produced). It would also be a beeyatch to work architecturally.

Or first, they'd have to contruct vast forts of iron, and then cuendillar them.

Yeah I was thinking that.  I don't believe they went and Ogier'd up all the places.

edit:  Moridin found the place, then cuendillar'd the beeyotch is what I mean.

But really was just wondering if people thought male cuendillar would be black.

That idea has a nice ring to it. You do have to ask yourself, which female AS helped LTT construct the Seals, then? Most of them swore to the Fateful Concord.

Regardless, that doesn't mean that every black stone seen in the books is Heartstone.

And one more, people say the Eye of the World wasn't used for its intended purpose, do we have a source to that?  Or is it something we've heard and heard and just took for fact?

I'm still looking through the Q&As can't find anything though.

Another question, wildlife in TAR we were told was a no, right?  Or some?  We were told during a Wolf Dream segment I think.  I can't seem to recall this bit.

Au contraire, the Unseen World has its own wildlife. It's trained animals that don't appear there.

And one more, people say the Eye of the World wasn't used for its intended purpose, do we have a source to that?  Or is it something we've heard and heard and just took for fact?

I don't think anyone takes this for fact. It's just been suggested, and there isn't much in the way of evidence either way.

Yeah I was thinking that.  I don't believe they went and Ogier'd up all the places.

Awful waste of time, metal, resources - why bother? The black-white colour thing may also be a function of what base material was used, or a slightly different weave for different colour (can you get rainbow cuendillar?) though most people seem to think it is a saidin-saidar difference.

(If "Saidared" is a verb ala Mat, why not cuendillar?)

Awful waste of time, metal, resources - why bother? The black-white colour thing may also be a function of what base material was used, or a slightly different weave for different colour (can you get rainbow cuendillar?) though most people seem to think it is a saidin-saidar difference.

(If "Saidared" is a verb ala Mat, why not cuendillar?)

Is it a waste?  It only took Egwene and Leane to do the Tar Valon harbor chain and that's huge, right?  If I'm Moridin, see a huge fortress, and know I got a few hundred Asha'man to mosey on down to help fortify even more why not?

Anyway I still don't think it is, if anything it's some True Power/DO infestation in the Blight one.

Men can make the actual rock/sand/earth flow and form up(think of the black wall around the black tower), that's their part, it was mentioned when Elaida is building her own palace, she mentions few sisters have any sort of aptitude binding the stone, then again dissasembling the harbor chain tower later, undoing the weaves block by block.  Men use the power to flow and shape the stone, and can change it with the power much like power wrought blades have been drawn forth and made from the earth.  It is essentially "changed" and no longer normal stone. 

Men can make the actual rock/sand/earth flow and form up(think of the black wall around the black tower), that's their part, it was mentioned when Elaida is building her own palace, she mentions few sisters have any sort of aptitude binding the stone, then again dissasembling the harbor chain tower later, undoing the weaves block by block.  Men use the power to flow and shape the stone, and can change it with the power much like power wrought blades have been drawn forth and made from the earth.  It is essentially "changed" and no longer normal stone. 

I think the change from normal stone to power wrought stone is about teh same in comparrison as crude iron to refined steel or somethign similar to that

In past lives has the Dragon ever gone over to the Shadow? We have a few quotes supporting this but in a recent thread it was mentioned RJ went back on the earlier interviews and the Dragon never went over. If true would love to see that quote and some clarification. Thanks.

IIRC, RJ either said Ishy was wrong when saying that, or Ishy was a liar. The CoL has been turned to the Shadow sometimes, but nothing is said about the Dragon.

If the Aes Sedai who made the Eye used their own body to filter the taint to fill the pool, wouldn't it be possible with a similar method to cleanse the madness in the Men's mind and bodies?

In past lives has the Dragon ever gone over to the Shadow? We have a few quotes supporting this but in a recent thread it was mentioned RJ went back on the earlier interviews and the Dragon never went over. If true would love to see that quote and some clarification. Thanks.

This comes up a lot.

RJ said yes, that soul has gone over before and the result was a draw.

However, the "Dragon" was a political name for Lews Therin.

Which is why Rand is "The Dragon Reborn"

Since neither Lews, nor Rand has ever gone over to the Shadow, technically the "Dragon" never has.

This comes up a lot.

RJ said yes, that soul has gone over before and the result was a draw.

However, the "Dragon" was a political name for Lews Therin.

Which is why Rand is "The Dragon Reborn"

Since neither Lews, nor Rand has ever gone over to the Shadow, technically the "Dragon" never has.

Thanks for clearing that up Doc! The quotes we have are so strong for the CoL soul going over I didn't think RJ would go back on that.

Moreover, I don't remember it, but why in the first place did Thom go to Emond's Field? Has it been explicitly written or is this just a hell of a coincidence?

I take they invited him after he arrived; not anytime before.

As far as I am aware, no one in the town had any prior knowledge.

From what I remember, the books do not tell.

I take they invited him after he arrived; not anytime before.

As far as I am aware, no one in the town had any prior knowledge.

From what I remember, the books do not tell.

remember thom muttering shortly after the council kick him out of the inn before fain arrives, he grumbled about arriving in the middle of the night, and the mayor making a big deal about it and thom mutters that he shouldnt have to put up with it after all they asked him to come. Plus there where rumors about a gleeman before thom arrived meaning that someone in the council let slip that they were trying to get a gleeman to come

Ok.

Another question. I'm in the middle of a re-read and not yet to the parts where we see seafolks. Have we seen seafolks darkfriends yet? Among channelers?

Cause I can't remember one, and I can't imagine the seafolks having no darkfriends at all.

We see a seafolk DF in the TGH prologue, at the DF gathering.