DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

It's worth noting that the other epigram has been reproduced over on RAFO. Not sure if it would be okay to reprint it here as it's somewhat more spoilery (though still pretty cryptic).

Post, please ... this IS the spoiler board ;)

Hmm, here it is, courtesy of Larry/Dylanfanatic:

At the end of time,

when the many become one,

the last storm shall gather its angry winds

to destroy a land already dying.

And at its center,

the blind man shall stand

upon his own grave.

There he shall see again,

and weep for what has been wrought.

- from The Prophecies of the Dragon,

Essanik Cycle. Malhavish's

Official Translation, Imperial

Record House of Seandar,

Fourth Circle of Elevation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how many of you read Readandfindout.com (the new wotmania) but user LTArmstrong posted the following.  I do not make any representations of the authenticity of what I copied and pasted since I have not read the book, but I suspect it is accurate. 

I have posted in 1 point font.  If you decide to read it, copy and paste it into a word processor (probably Word) and increase font size to 10 or 12 or higher to read it.

"SPOILERS…SPOILERS…SPOILERS…SPOILERS

Don’t say that I did not warn you>>> SPOLIERS>>>SPOILERS>>>SPOILERS

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

An open letter to Cannoli and the rest “Aegwenist’s”:

Most of you have not read the book yet. But when you do you will see a woman that has gone to the wall for the good of the world, the sacrifices that Egwene and Verin make to cleanse the tower and make it whole cannot be discounted by anyone that have even a shred of objectiveness in them. The Gandhi like courage that Egwene shows in her fight for the heart and soul of the Tower that she cannot be bent or bowed. And the wrath, organization and righteous vengeance that she shows when she almost takes on the entire the entire Seanchan attack force while drugged with Fork root with nothing but the novices for support can only be admired. Do not discount the Inn keeper’s daughter, because she DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. At the end of this book she has united and cleansed the tower of the Black Ajah and now has them preparing to meet their Ji’e’toh to the world and more importantly to Rand.

However all that Egwene has done in this book is nothing compared to the sacrifice of Verin, Verin of the Black Ajah!!!! (I never saw that coming). 70 years spent corrupting her soul to gather the names to expose them to the world. And in the end, the only way she could do it was by taking her own life.

But Egwene knew what to do with those names there was no dancing around, there was not hand washing, there was no “Moghedien part II” escapes for them. Egwene stilled them, and executed them. she was hardened by her time spent with the Aiel. She did not blink, she sent them to meet the Headsman.

What Egwene did, had to be done. And without the Aes Sedai whole, cleansed and behind him, Rand cannot win the final battle. Without Egwene; Rand cannot win. "

I don't know how many of you read Readandfindout.com (the new wotmania) but user LTArmstrong posted the following.  I do not make any representations of the authenticity of what I copied and pasted since I have not read the book, but I suspect it is accurate. 

[/qoute]

It is.

Though Eggy seems to want to control or watch Rand, which is a little scary

It's worth noting that the other epigram has been reproduced over on RAFO. Not sure if it would be okay to reprint it here as it's somewhat more spoilery (though still pretty cryptic).

Post, please ... this IS the spoiler board ;)

Hmm, here it is, courtesy of Larry/Dylanfanatic:

At the end of time,

And at its center,

the blind man shall stand

upon his own grave.

There he shall see again,

and weep for what has been wrought.

- from The Prophecies of the Dragon,

Essanik Cycle. Malhavish's

Official Translation, Imperial

Record House of Seandar,

Fourth Circle of Elevation.

WOW! I got chills reading that epigram. It sounds EPIC! Somethimg that perhaps happens in TGS perhaps? Perhaps a prophecy of what Rand will undergo at TG?

I have posted in 1 point font.  If you decide to read it, copy and paste it into a word processor (probably Word) and increase font size to 10 or 12 or higher to read it.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Most of you have not read the book yet. But when you do you will see a woman that has gone to the wall for the good of the world, the sacrifices that Egwene and Verin make to cleanse the tower and make it whole cannot be discounted by anyone that have even a shred of objectiveness in them. The Gandhi like courage that Egwene shows in her fight for the heart and soul of the Tower that she cannot be bent or bowed. And the wrath, organization and righteous vengeance that she shows when she almost takes on the entire the entire Seanchan attack force while drugged with Fork root with nothing but the novices for support can only be admired. Do not discount the Inn keeper’s daughter, because she DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. At the end of this book she has united and cleansed the tower of the Black Ajah and now has them preparing to meet their Ji’e’toh to the world and more importantly to Rand.

However all that Egwene has done in this book is nothing compared to the sacrifice of Verin, Verin of the Black Ajah!!!! (I never saw that coming). 70 years spent corrupting her soul to gather the names to expose them to the world. And in the end, the only way she could do it was by taking her own life.

But Egwene knew what to do with those names there was no dancing around, there was not hand washing, there was no “Moghedien part II” escapes for them. Egwene stilled them, and executed them. she was hardened by her time spent with the Aiel. She did not blink, she sent them to meet the Headsman.

What Egwene did, had to be done. And without the Aes Sedai whole, cleansed and behind him, Rand cannot win the final battle. Without Egwene; Rand cannot win. "

I need to stop reading this. Any chance the mods can set up a mini-spoiler thread?

On the epigram:

At the end of time,

I still think all the worlds are beginning to merge as I stated before even seeing this based on the ghosts walking. I could be very wrong, but what else would this be talking about?

On Verin:

Sigh... I knew I should have stopped reading this thread until I read the book. I am just going to pretend I didn't read that so I can be surprised when it comes up in the book.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I need to stop reading this. Any chance the mods can set up a mini-spoiler thread?

Not until the book is in wide release. We're trying really hard to let those who want to read it completely cold have that opportunity.

On the epigram:

At the end of time,

I still think all the worlds are beginning to merge as I stated before even seeing this based on the ghosts walking. I could be very wrong, but what else would this be talking about?

On Verin:

Sigh... I knew I should have stopped reading this thread until I read the book. I am just going to pretend I didn't read that so I can be surprised when it comes up in the book.

There is still one more juicy surprise here and I don't think it has been revealed yet.  It will be awesome.  All is not lost for you my friend.  My advise is, stop reading this forum now before somebody reveals it.

The thing about all these spoilers so far is the tell us the what but it doesn't tell us the why, which is a good thing.  The journey can be almost as interesting as the end result, which is one reason I don't PM anyone.

On Verin, she was the original Snape only not detestable in the least.

So there's this little bookstore I've been hitting up for the past couple of days to see if they got the book yet.  I luckily stopped by this afternoon and the owner said they just received the shipment about an hour ago, 4 copies ordered, 1 with my name on it.  That was around 6 hours ago.

I'm not gonna get into spoilers yet, because honestly I think you'll appreciate the book more if you wait, you'll realize "how much more precious is the anticipation than the gift itself."  (paraphrasing a little, here)

I will so though that this has got to be one of the darkest and grittiest books I've ever read.  I'll echo what everyone else says: lots of shit happens.  I'm only on page 360 right now, and there's about 400 pages left.  By page 360...well, I've gone through so many emotions, I'm almost numb.  But I'm sure there's a lot more to come.

You'll love it.  For real.

So there's this little bookstore I've been hitting up for the past couple of days to see if they got the book yet.  I luckily stopped by this afternoon and the owner said they just received the shipment about an hour ago, 4 copies ordered, 1 with my name on it.  That was around 6 hours ago.

I'm not gonna get into spoilers yet, because honestly I think you'll appreciate the book more if you wait, you'll realize "how much more precious is the anticipation than the gift itself."   (paraphrasing a little, here)

I will so though that this has got to be one of the darkest and grittiest books I've ever read.  I'll echo what everyone else says: lots of shit happens.  I'm only on page 360 right now, and there's about 400 pages left.  By page 360...well, I've gone through so many emotions, I'm almost numb.  But I'm sure there's a lot more to come.

You'll love it.  For real.

You're in for a treat in the next hour or two of reading.  The Tipsy Gelding and A Night in Hinderstrap, I love these two chapters, very scary ;D.

Without going into all the details of the Seanchan attack, can it be said that after all the time spent building up the rebel army, acquiring a great captain to lead it, that when the attack came, they played a minimal at best part saving the White Tower? Not Bryne himself, but the whole army they built up?

Well, I don't have the book, but I've had no problem reading this thread.  :) I've always been pretty good on enjoying a read even if I know the ending. Take HP6. Skipped to the end and read about Dumbledore. Still, after knowing I enjoyed finding out how/why it happened.

On to the point, though. I was wondering if, since we have the Chapter titles, we can get the page number for each Chapter. I have to POV for each from Theoryland.com but I'd really like the page numbers too.

Okay, I like the part about Verin, but... *sighs*

It irks me to no end that Egwene gets all the credit for defeating the Black Ajah. Pevara and that lot had been busting butt to take them out and should have gotten some sort of recognition at the very least and, even better, been the ones to finally take care of the problem. Could Egwene be any *more* of a Mary Sue? She single-handedly defeats the Seanchan, then defeats the Black Ajah as well?? Of course everyone at the WT will worship her now. And, no doubt (based on the spoilers I've been given) Rand will go bow down at her stinking feet and swear fealty to her so she can be the one to defeat the Dark One as well. The Creator forbid someone else (like Rand!) actually gets to accomplish something on their own without her bloody interference!!!   :-[

It irks me to no end that Egwene gets all the credit for defeating the Black Ajah. Pevara and that lot had been busting butt to take them out and should have gotten some sort of recognition at the very least and, even better, been the ones to finally take care of the problem. Could Egwene be any *more* of a Mary Sue? She single-handedly defeats the Seanchan, then defeats the Black Ajah as well?? Of course everyone at the WT will worship her now. And, no doubt (based on the spoilers I've been given) Rand will go bow down at her stinking feet and swear fealty to her so she can be the one to defeat the Dark One as well. The Creator forbid someone else (like Rand!) actually gets to accomplish something on their own without her bloody interference!!!   :-[

Oh come on! You're hating that Egwene gets to do something without even reading about how she does it? Talk about entering the book biased!

Have you read the book yet to see who it plays out? You should do that before leaping about like this.  Also, last i checked, neither Jordan nor Sanderson were teenage girls. I'm not sure Egwene could be an example of a self insertion character.

Oh come on! You're hating that Egwene gets to do something without even reading about how she does it? Talk about entering the book biased!

I don't mind that she gets to do "something", but to defeat the Seanchan all by her self (essentially) while doped up on forkroot (when the Seanchan gave Rand and the Asha'man a run for their money, which makes them look pathetic) then follow that up by single-handedly taking out the Black Ajah (despite the fact that it was Pevara and that group who were doing a lot of legwork for it but bah, they don't matter once the Creator's chosen gets her hands into it, right?) is a bit too much. What next? Is she going to sprout wings and fly to prove that she is the Creator personified?

The part that irritates me the most is the fact that, at the end of all this, she is still dead, bound, and determined to get Rand under her thumb so he jumps when she snaps her fingers and doesn't put a foot out of line unless she orders it. Throw in the fact that (this from another person who read the book) Rand is coming around to the fact that he "should" bend knee to Egwene and swear fealty to her, and there's no bloody reason for me to read it. All that stuff Moiraine said long ago - about him needing to be free to do what he must instead of being controlled (and yeah, I know she was lying as well, but still...) - is just crap. The point of all this seems to be that Rand must be on a leash (not a literal Seanchan leash, but a leash all the same) for Egwene to control or he'll screw it all up and bring about another Breaking. After all, the guy the Pattern chose to save the world is just a guy...and we all know guys can't do squat unless a woman tells them how to do it.

Archived