DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

As long as we're on the topic of Rand/Egwene, Deadsy, here's a question for you, again based on what I was told...

Is it true that, after Egwene gets control of the White Tower, she is even more determined to get Rand under her control? Change it to "guidance" if that word is offensive, but it means the same thing to me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there are no more Font 1s. :P

- No, Rand is not planning to bend to anyone's will. These are all opinions by readers who have read the book. Me for instance, my opinion is that Rand will bend his knee to the Seanchan to fulfill the prophecy (and because *SPOILER*before he went to Dragonmount, he went to Ebou Dar and finally realized that the cities controlled by the Seanchan are more stable and peaceful compared to his. Sooner or later he will decide that Rand's cities will be under control to Tuon's cities). But like I said, this is just my opinion. *And oh, I have a copy of the book since the other day. ;D

-Yes, Egwene is more than ever determined to 'GUIDE' Rand into the Last Battle. Can you think of any Aes Sedai not thinking the same?

I do prefer though reading the book first before making any judgement so that you'll see what they (those that give spoilers) mean. Otherwise, state it that its only an opininon, and not a fact. *peace* ;)

Is it true that, after Egwene gets control of the White Tower, she is even more determined to get Rand under her control? Change it to "guidance" if that word is offensive, but it means the same thing to me.

No more than usual.

On a different topic... isn't Nynaeve one of your favorite characters? She has more presence in this book since she's had since LoC or CoS.

I'm not sure I liked Nynaeve here though. She became a tool for Cadsuane (even though she doesn't like it.) She also kept pressing Rand to help with the Borderlander or sending an army to Tarwin's Gap (i understand her though since Lan's her husband). But still, if only she knew Cadsuane's plan and not just blurt out Perrin's location...

I really like what Min said though. That it was ALL their fault because they were trying to control Rand...

No more than usual.

On a different topic... isn't Nynaeve one of your favorite characters? She has more presence in this book since she's had since LoC or CoS.

Yep, Nynaeve is one of my favorites and, definitely my favorite female character. I saw she only has four POVs, though, so I assumed she wasn't much of a presence in the book (as usual) and didn't even bother asking about her after I saw that because I figured we'd barely see her and that she wouldn't be doing anything other than worrying about Rand or being in Cadsuane's shadow.

Does she actually do anything of use? I loved her in KoD, and thought she was freaking amazing, but I want to see her do something other than wring her hands and follow Cadsuane around like a puppy dog. I miss the Nynaeve that got things done and took no crap off anyone. I know she goes off on Tuon about Mat (after I saw the quotes you put up, I called my friend and asked him if that came from Nyn, lol) but that still isn't doing anything.

I'm not sure I liked Nynaeve here though. She became a tool for Cadsuane (even though she doesn't like it.) She also kept pressing Rand to help with the Borderlander or sending an army to Tarwin's Gap (i understand her though since Lan's her husband). But still, if only she knew Cadsuane's plan and not just blurt out Perrin's location...

I really like what Min said though. That it was ALL their fault because they were trying to control Rand...

Ah, just as I feared...Nynaeve was Cadsuane's lapdog, huh? And Cadsuane didn't even bother filling Nynaeve in on anything?

Who did Min say that to? Cadsuane? Nynaeve? Both of them? Whoever it was, all I have to say is, 'Yay, Min!'. Though, in my opinion, she was partially to blame as well...she's the one who spilled all of Rand's secrets to Cadsuane in the first place.

OK, I can't help myself. I have to know. Is Mesaana exposed/captured/killed when the Tower is attacked or during the Purge? And please tell me that Katerine Alruddin meets a horrible fate. Since I found out a certain character that I've been fond of turns out to be something other than expected, is her demise an attack from others in her Ajah? I couldn't help myself, I read the favorite chapter/scene thread. I have had this notion that at some point Demandred would end up wearing the male a'dam with Mesaana and Semirhage each holding one of the attached leashes.

- No, Rand is not planning to bend to anyone's will. These are all opinions by readers who have read the book. Me for instance, my opinion is that Rand will bend his knee to the Seanchan to fulfill the prophecy (and because *SPOILER*before he went to Dragonmount, he went to Ebou Dar and finally realized that the cities controlled by the Seanchan are more stable and peaceful compared to his. Sooner or later he will decide that Rand's cities will be under control to Tuon's cities).

Sure there's peace and stability on the surface in a police state. Rand gives rights to the common man/woman on taking over cities/countries, the Seanchan brutally crush anyone who questions their way or the highway attitude.

Ok, having read the Prologue, do we find out what happened to Tylee? And following on from that do the Seanchan blood (especially the Empress formerly known as Tuon) finally believe in Trollocs and Fades now as a real threat, or are they still largely dismissive?

I not really new, used to post loads but I can't remember my login :( and well I really wanted a ask a question plz forgive me if some has asked this but have been skim reading:

Who does kill Tuon?

thanks

Sorry please ignore my above question i have read the thread

Second to the request of WATCHER above...was Mesaana's secret identity revealed and was she captured/killed?  Specifically, was Mesaana revealed as Danelle?  She's really the only remaining Forsaken where reasonable guesses as to her identity could be made until recently, with more info on Demandred.  In my opinion, Moghedien isn't masquerading as anyone and Sylvdane is a small possibility, but Cyndane likely isn't assuming an identity either.  For Demmy, I'm reserving judgement until I find more information.

Thanks to all of you posters who have had the good fortune to get the book early and are willing to share!  :)

whoa! that was one very heated discussion about Egwene and Rand. since this is the spoiler thread anyway, no one will smite me for finally clearing this things with egwene and rand right?

here goes, by the end of the book rand would realize that in order to win the last battle he would have to ask for some help. all throughout the book he's always like "i should be fighting this battle" or "the pattern forced me to be the main man of this batlle,. no one else matters as long as i fight the DO" and all that shit. but then that's just not right. i mean he has the whole world to help him fight the shadow. he tried so hard to be storng like cuendillar but he'll later realize then even cuendillar breaks. he'll realize what it means to be human. so yeah, although it's not been directly said in the book that rand will bend his knee to egwene or tuon, he will surely bend his knee not because he's egwene and tuon's lapdog but because he RESPECTS Egwene as the Amyrlin and Fortuona as the Empress and seek for their help to fight with him.

Ok, the question : Asmodean ;)

Did i miss something, or where there no clues Greandal killed asmo? From what we know, Brandon wrote a scene or is going to write a scene where he is going to put the killer into.

Now that Greandal is dead, that is not going to happen, or at least, she cannot reveal that she killed asmo. Unless she somehow escaped, or Asmo returned back to life again. Anyone knows the time lapse between tFoH and TGS.

For me it decreases the chance Greandal killed Asmo........ What does everyone else think?

OMFG. I would rather freak out about Verin and the spoilers about her that have just left me flabergasted than argue about Rand and Egwene. My favourie series of all time just continues to amaze the shit out of me and constantly reinforce exactly why I love it so much. Thanks so much James Rigney/ Robert Jordan/ Brandon Sanderson. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gassed in Shienar.

here goes, by the end of the book rand would realize that in order to win the last battle he would have to ask for some help. all throughout the book he's always like "i should be fighting this battle" or "the pattern forced me to be the main man of this batlle,. no one else matters as long as i fight the DO" and all that shit. but then that's just not right. i mean he has the whole world to help him fight the shadow. he tried so hard to be storng like cuendillar but he'll later realize then even cuendillar breaks. he'll realize what it means to be human. so yeah, although it's not been directly said in the book that rand will bend his knee to egwene or tuon, he will surely bend his knee not because he's egwene and tuon's lapdog but because he RESPECTS Egwene as the Amyrlin and Fortuona as the Empress and seek for their help to fight with him.

Since when does showing respect to someone mean you have to bend knee to them? Bending knee to someone is showing deference to someone, not respect. You bend knee to your better, not to your equal. If Rand does bend knee to Egwene or Tuon, then he is admitting - to them as well as to the rest of the world - that he is not their equal but rather subservient to them. I really hope you're wrong in thinking that he's going to do that, but I have a sinking feeling that you're spot on.

Archived