DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurin meets Rand when Rand thinks he is meeting with the entire Borderland army.  Hurin informs Rand that the Army will meet with him in the place that has ter'angreal that prohibits men and women from channeling (Far Madding).  Hurin seems to idolize Rand, but Rand with his new emotionless personality disabuses Hurin that he is the same Rand.  If I recall correctly, Rand even uses the one power on Hurin to sort of hang him with air (not like a hangman, but just floating in the air) in the open when they first meet.  Hurin did smell lots of violence on Rand.

Hurin meets Rand when Rand thinks he is meeting with the entire Borderland army.  Hurin informs Rand that the Army will meet with him in the place that has ter'angreal that prohibits men and women from channeling (can't remember the name of the city - maybe Far something?).  Hurin seems to idolize Rand, but Rand with his new emotionless personality disabuses Hurin that he is the same Rand.  If I recall correctly, Rand even uses the one power on Hurin to sort of hang him in the open when they first meet.  Hurin did smell lots of violence on Rand.

How sad. Poor Hurin. I hope Rand (who I understand is sane at the end) has another happier meeting with Hurin in the next book. Does Rand think about Hurin at all after he becomes better?

What did Rand say to Hurin about the meeting? Did he agree? Given everything, it really does seem like it is a trap and Rand would have to be crazy to go back there.

If Rand does go back there he take some Asha'man, Aes Sedai and a few armies.  We've seen two wells, there could be more or a forsaken could be there and have figured out how to beat the ter'angreal.  I know Rand and the wondergirls like to spring traps but after being caught in so many I hope someone has sense.

Rand does not think about anyone after he become better.  It occurs at the very end of the book (last page).  I am still not sure what happened to LTT or how much better he really is.  He does laugh, though, a genuine laugh sitting on top of Dragonmount.

He went to Dragonmount to think about his life and how he had not made himself hard enough to stamp out his emotions which left him vulnerable to pain.  He wanted to destroy the world to end man's suffering of the Wheel always turning and "having to live over and over again".  He realized that the ability to love again was why they fought at every turning of the Wheel.  He destroyed the access key because it was too powerful to use ever again.

She didn't do anything to make him angry other than her usual - she was framed for something.

Really? Who framed her? Was she exonerated in the end?

i'd like to know more about cadsuane;so rand used tp,i tough it would happen,what i don't understand is why the dark one allowed it to happen;was it to make "the chosen one" betray the creator?

anyway i'm glad he finally goes to dragonmount,the place of his death and rebirth,his"grave"but what i'm waiting more than anything is rand using another type of tp;the one coming from the creator(what everyone call "the light").

dark one tp=pure evil-spirital power,one power=neutral-physical power(used by good guy as much than evil one)and creator'tp-spiritual power- for rand(with maybe callandor as new kind of sa'angral thus"sword of light")and probably mat and perrin("the three becoming one")with ashandarai and hammer.

i know this no a new theory,just wanted to see if other think like me:if as of aol lost,it's because they put all their hope in one power(CK)no the creator pure power,the shayol gul wasbmade with the light and can be whole again only with the same power(like rand wound can't be healed with one power).

Archived