DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

but what i'm waiting more than anything is rand using another type of tp;the one coming from the creator(what everyone call "the light").

dark one tp=pure evil-spirital power,one power=neutral-physical power(used by good guy as much than evil one)and creator'tp-spiritual power- for rand(with maybe callandor as new kind of sa'angral thus"sword of light")and probably mat and perrin("the three becoming one")with ashandarai and hammer.

i know this no a new theory,just wanted to see if other think like me:if as of aol lost,it's because they put all their hope in one power(CK)no the creator pure power,the shayol gul wasbmade with the light and can be whole again only with the same power(like rand wound can't be healed with one power).

from my understanding the true source (saidar/saidin) was the polar opposite to the true power.  it turns the wheel while the dark opposes it.  i don't think we'll see any manifestion of the "light" as another source of power

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Moiraine know that Verin was Black Ajah?  In her last letter, didn't she say to be as suspicious of Verin as of Alvarin?

Yup.  And the vast majority of folks have been blowing it off for the last few years because RJ was talented at fielding our interview questions (she 'has held the Oath Rod'...well, that doesn't mean anything!), and at making her point of view impossible to read.  Used to be that most people were convinced she was Black or Purple (which, as someone mentioned before, really turned out to be correct on both points), but over the years people just quit talking about it, because we knew we just had to wait to see what was up with her, lol.  

I am reminded of this, from a letter RJ wrote to a fan (note that this is around the time Lord of Chaos was released):

Letter to Tom McCormick from RJ - December 1993

One thing -- don't think you've reached bottom in your digging. I tried to make the books fairly simple on the surface, and quite complex underneath. You've dug up a number of points that I thought I had buried well enough that they wouldn't come to light for some time yet (don't expect me to say which ones), and you've also dug up one or two that I never buried in the first place (no hints there, either). Jordan's Law, I think, can better be stated along these lines: "Ah, you think you know how the game goes now? Very good, gentlemen. What say we increase the bets just to make it interesting?"

RJ gets a lot of criticism for 'bogging down' in books 8-10 (fan opinion on which books were 'slow' varies but those are the top votes, in increasing order).  But he was just laying conspiracies and clues and red herrings, no real way to know which was which.

For instance, I got nearly 100 Theorylanders to join my faction, The Great Purge, which predicted that Alviarin would be busted by Egwene and the Hunters to facilitate the Purge.  Chapter 12 had me convinced that this would happen more than ever.  Then, out of freaking nowhere comes Verin, the most mysterious character in the books, to bust the Blacks instead.  RJ is awesome.   ;D  I also had a faction that Moiraine would be the catalyst for Rand's laughter and tears, rather than Cadsuane.  I thought that Cadsuane's thing that she had to teach the Asha'man was the red herring, and Moiraine was the real deal.

I still think Moiraine will be queen of Cairhien, though.  Would just be too awesome.  Will be okay if it doesn't happen, so long as it's something else cool instead, but come on...it's hard to beat Moiraine and Thom being queen and king of Cairhien.  Legends in the Game....legends period.  Moiraine took out Lanfear in Cairhien, and several important Cairhienin either witnessed it or arrived right after.  Thom killed Galldrian, creating the vacancy on the throne in the first place.  Moiraine thinks a quiet life would kill Thom.  She's probably right.  And Siuan is probably right that Moiraine would be a wonderful queen....just like Moiraine was right that Siuan made a wonderful Amyrlin (okay that's debatable).   ;D

Yeah, the second was her usual.  But there wasn't much more she could have done to guard what she was supposed to guard.  There was a big fat plot twist that she wasn't expecting.

Also, Semirhage was hurting Min, and that caused Rand to flip on Semirhage.  After that, he went for Cadsuane.

Of course not.  We have viewings of all three women standing over his dead body, after all.  And since we know Elayne's not in the book, then obviously the other two are okay.   ;D

Good point! :)

Though even a short time with Semirhages tender mercies is likely to leave a lasting impression I would think. What was Min's mental/physical state after the Semirhage debacle? Hope she is ok.

No wait, if Rand balefired Semirhage then Min should be completely fine right?

Rand pretty much hits rock bottom in terms of being crazy pants in this book. Its rather chilling to read how far he is prepared to go.

I'm not sure anyone answered this yet, but by the end of the book is rand still crazy?

To this, I must say RAFO. This is one thing I will not reveal until the book is released.

Of course not.  We have viewings of all three women standing over his dead body, after all.  And since we know Elayne's not in the book, then obviously the other two are okay.   ;D

Good point! :)

Though even a short time with Semirhages tender mercies is likely to leave a lasting impression I would think. What was Min's mental/physical state after the Semirhage debacle? Hope she is ok.

No wait, if Rand balefired Semirhage then Min should be completely fine right?

I have no idea what happens, but after balefire memory remains, so if Semirhage burned off Min's arms and legs and Min was healed by balefire then she would still remember the pain, and the missing limbs.

Well that's not good, though if the Sa'angreal didn't go to there's a slight possibility someone could repair it.  Also, he is near Tar Valon.

The Sa'Angreal exploded. Which makes me wonder how much it destroyed...

So, what is it that Cadsuane does in this book that makes Rand so angry? What is up with her in general?

Let's just say we get to see what the "male a'dam" or whatever it is called and Cadsuane was the one supposed to be keeping it safe. Semirhage uses a different name for it.

That among other things, makes Rand swear he will kill her the next time he sees her face. Being AS, she quickly finds a way around this.  ;)

(also apologies for the double post, wasn't intentional)

Rand killed Min. "LTT" added her to the list in Rand's head.

WHAT? Is Min dead - and by Rand's hand??? Tell me it's not true...

I always believed she would die with Rand at the end.

Plus, if she is dead, what about all these foretellings of him dead with three women, including "she who sees beyond"? Or would that be Egwene now?

Plus, if she is dead, what about all these foretellings of him dead with three women, including "she who sees beyond"? Or would that be Egwene now?

I'm pretty sure this one is a lie.

I'm pretty sure this one is a lie.

Sigh... do I have to give out more spoilers. Balefire... It burns a thread out of the Pattern before the current time erasing any events caused by that person during that period of time. I am simply stating that the voice in Rand's head adds her to the list of dead women. I don't want to give away any more spoilers. If you want to know why I say what I say and don't mind a spoiler or two for this scene, you can PM me.

What I posted wasn't a lie, it was my interpretation of what happened due to what was said by that voice in Rand's head. Why would it add a woman to the list of dead women if she wasn't actually dead. Ok, enough ranting for one night.

Sigh... do I have to give out more spoilers. Balefire... It burns a thread out of the Pattern before the current time erasing any events caused by that person during that period of time. I am simply stating that the voice in Rand's head adds her to the list of dead women. I don't want to give away any more spoilers. If you want to know why I say what I say and don't mind a spoiler or two for this scene, you can PM me.

What I posted wasn't a lie, it was my interpretation of what happened due to what was said by that voice in Rand's head. Why would it add a woman to the list of dead women if she wasn't actually dead. Ok, enough ranting for one night.

Thanks for the clarification. But how and why would Rand kill Min, even if his deed was undone by balefiring Semirhage? Is this what brought about his decision to go to Dragonmount - the parallels to LTT are too obvious here...

Aargh I know I should wait three more days to find out, but it feels like an eternity and so far amazon didn't even start to prepare my shipment - it would be a real bummer if my copy arrives late...

Thanks for the clarification. But how and why would Rand kill Min, even if his deed was undone by balefiring Semirhage? Is this what brought about his decision to go to Dragonmount - the parallels to LTT are too obvious here...

Aargh I know I should wait three more days to find out, but it feels like an eternity and so far amazon didn't even start to prepare my shipment - it would be a real bummer if my copy arrives late...

I think this was already spoilered, but I am not going to post it. If you want to know, you can PM me with questions and I will respond.

As for his decision to go to Dragonmount, it was something worse that caused this -- much, much worse. Now if that doesn't make you want to find out what happens later in the book, nothing will.

Archived