DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Greandal is dead...

Who kills Graendal? And, as long as we're asking, does Egwene kill Mesaana?

If you really want to know...Rand. And no, she doesn't. One other Forsaken dies in the book.

Wow, after not much happening in the lights favor in the last few books it seems like the Shadow is finally taking a few hits for a change

so it is really because of the taint?i know semi wasn't lying,but i tough she was wrong;so no logain in this book,why? what's he doing?and what's happened to the red who came to the black tower:did they get to bond the warder taim promised them? does egwene know of the "two deal".and what about the new hall,who from the former hall get to be part of it?

about siuan and leane did each of them get,like elaida,the fate they deserve(promoted for the first,stilled for the later)?

did really nothing interestinghappen while perrin pov(sanderson sould have just skiped his and gawin-and other useless sublot-pov and split the book in two,instead of forcing us to pay more...well i know it's too late to complain but i just had to say it.

no more question,just a small request:have mercy of my "tired for reading too much eyes" and stop using small character,please.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. With Cadsuane, everything is a battle of wills. It has been written that Egwene has a stronger will than anyone. Ever. Ergo, Cadsuane will bow to her if they meet.

No, it has been written that Nynaeve has a stronger will than anyone, and Egwene herself says the same. You don't see Cadsuane bowing and scraping to her, do you?

i think the dragon has the strongest will in any age as he hasnt been ever broken by the DO in 100s of lives

and yet both nyvaeve and egwene have both been broken by mortals means

hello. can someone pm  me a brief summary of what happens with a few of the main characters?

i'm mostly interested in egwene, and rand, of course. but is there any mention of Lan riding across the borderlands at all? is eqwene the amyrlin over a united tower( or is it in the works)? what happens in the scene that jason in his review refers to as dumai's wells, but without the other asha'man?

and it really is silly to post RAFO type teasings in a spoiler thread. if we didn't want spoilers we wouldn't be here

well said,but instead of pm only one,it would be bes if someone could organize all those spoiler in 1 structured summary,i'm a little lost.

i'm also curious about what's the two scene jason was talking about:

-the "dark one" with rand

-the one supposed to be one of the best of the serie(he said everyone would know what's he talking about after reading the serie)

if you could include that in a good summary...i won't get  read the book before a week after everyone sinse i live in fance;i know many are in the same case in this forum.

Seriously i doubt you guy realize the luck you have to live in the country of hollywood(best movie ,serie tv,music and fantasy novel)...one week wil be long...

and it really is silly to post RAFO type teasings in a spoiler thread. if we didn't want spoilers we wouldn't be here

I agree.Why won't anyone post real spoilers.I can see the people who have agreements with Tor,but anyone else just post them.

Perhaps because the people posting in this thread so far have an ethical compass.

What's the point of giving everything away?  To spoil everything for everyone?  To kill sales of the book to the maximum extent possible?

A few small teasers are fine, but to paraphrase Mat, "Don't kill the goat."

Perhaps because the people posting in this thread so far have an ethical compass.

What's the point of giving everything away?  To spoil everything for everyone?   To kill sales of the book to the maximum extent possible?

Meh, if people don't want to be spoiled they shouldn't read spoiler threads :).  Saying people are having an ethical compass for not posting spoilers in a thread specifically marked "spoilers" and read by people knowing they are going to see spoilers, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Personally, I don't care about spoilers because reading the book is about the journey, so to speak, not about the destination.  No one page summary will ever give the visceral feeling that reading a truly good, dramatic scene in a book ... even if I saw I chapter by chapter summary I'd still read, just to feel the rush of the scenes.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things the people that are reading this thread at this point in time are most likely long-time hard-core fans, and are likely to buy the book regardless of what they think about the book based on the thread.

Besides the besides, this thread has had 11192 views as of the time of this post.  At least 50 of those are from me alone, just keeping visiting to see if anything new is here ;).  Assuming I'm average for people reading this thread (long time fan dying for news, even though it comes out in a few days), 11192/50 ~ 225 individual people looking at this thread.  Even if 40% decide not to buy the book, thats only ~100 people to not buy the book, something that I doubt will break the book.  You could also argue that a like percentage will buy the book that weren't going to before, since it looks so darn cool.

My point is that people read spoiler threads for spoilers, and know they are going to see spoilers, so why not ... post more spoilers :)?

Phew! Just finished chapters 22 and 23 and I had to take a break. Wow... All I can say is that, if Brandon wrote this chapter, he stayed very close to what I would have expected from RJ. Wow... Admittedly, there was a bit of disappointment as the build up over said item and what we finally get out of it didn't line up, but still...

Ok, I can breathe again, back to reading.

shinji, i've been keeping a running list in a text file on my computer. so excluding the chapter titles and epigrams (posts 197 &  200), this is a digest of all the spoilers so far from the 300+ that I have read guiltily. (ignore any spelling errors, and I may have missed one or two...)

I'll be nice enough to use a small font, for the following list....

Hurin, the sniffer, is featured.

Aldrin, the Cairheinin captain that was unearthing the male Choeden Kal, is an integral part of the book.

Mat is attacked by bubbles of evil, which are significantly worse.

Aviendha goes back to Waste.

Rand teaches Narishima how to burn a forsaken out of the pattern, which he apparently learned from Moridin.

the death of tuon refers to her crowning as empress: becoming fortuona

Rand and Tuon meet, but do not come to a truce because of pride issues. Nynaeve sticks up for Mat's character.

Cadsuane tries to use Tam against Rand, who nearly uses balefire on him.

rand has a change of heart in Veins of Gold

Graendal and another Forsaken die, and one more is in serious trouble, possibly dead.

The Seanchan attack. elaida is taken by them, and ?is possibly renamed suffa?

Egwene fends off the Seanchan with the help of the novices while under the influence of forkroot. She was using sa'angreal.

Verin reveals that she is Black Ajah, having had to join to avoid being killed. She had been studying them for 70 years. She reveals them and dies.

Sheriam and lots of other Aes Sedai are black ajah.

Egwene has the Black Ajah killed off, and unites the tower.

no details on demandred or asmodean's killers yet No Taim, Black Tower, or bonding of Ashaman fiasco mentioned. No Tower of Ghenjei. No Elayne.

What's the point of giving everything away?  To spoil everything for everyone?   To kill sales of the book to the maximum extent possible?

This is called The Gathering Storm Spoiler Board and the very first post says you may discuss the whole book here and I don't think there are too many people on the Dragonmount forum who aren't going to buy the book,spoiled or not.

hAs it occured to anyone that if the seanchan have mesanna it actually may not be the best thing, sure she's a captive and out of comission, but Think about everything that mogi taught eg and co. And thanks to beonin, they can at least travel bc she taught elaida in kod and now she is a damane. This could actually be a disaster. I know that it had to happen and all, but still.

hAs it occured to anyone that if the seanchan have mesanna it actually may not be the best thing, sure she's a captive and out of comission, but Think about everything that mogi taught eg and co. And thanks to beonin, they can at least travel bc she taught elaida in kod and now she is a damane. This could actually be a disaster. I know that it had to happen and all, but still.

I know a good number of people that weren't going to buy the book until I spoiled them and got them interested. I can't imagine why spoilers would make anyone not want to buy it.

I'm happy with this one - there were a lot of things I was right about, and a lot of surprises too, just the right combination to make me happy, I think.  I will concur that chapters 22-23 are the first 'OH SH-' moment of the book, where you really just kinda have to stop and scream to yourself for a minute.

Personally i don't want to spill all the beans because i would want to find what happened myself. but since im here in the SPOILER thread, then it's stupid to argue whether to spoil or not, right? so you really want spoilers? then you shall have it

Rand will tap the True Power.

haha, I just gave that one at the Malazan forums, and got the impression it hadn't been posted anywhere else.  ;D 

I didn't post that one at Theoryland, but I did get one of my Theoryland friends to guess it by leading him around a little.  Okay, a lot.  That one was counterintuitive - we all knew Rand was headed for the merge-whatever thing, but I don't think anyone expected it to step up that quickly.

Also, sdboka - I didn't actually get to buy the book, just got to read it in store.  So I'm confused about a few bits I had to read really fast, and that's one of them - did he or did he not balefire her with the True Power?  I read earlier in this thread that it was a weave to rip her out of the Pattern that he learned from Moridin (perhaps in Tel'aran'rhiod in book 3).  Anyway, I saw that bit and my mind categorized it as 'balefire'.

Archived