DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I feel better now that I know I didn't read it wrong after all.

Also, I got the impression from someone at rafo.com that Rand actually died in this book.  I saw very little past chapter 23 - but it seems way too early for that??

Cool, so it's left open, huh?  Lews Therin has 'left his head' before...but I'm interested to see how this one reads.  And yeah, I wasn't trying to say that you implied that would count as Rand's death by the prophecies - that's just a popular theory that I hate.  I've never denied that it could happen - Lews Therin 'dying' - just that it would count as Rand dying.

In your opinion, does it count for Min's 'touch/merge' viewing?

Cool, that's what I figured.  Did you catch my edit question - do you think it counts as Min's 'touch/merge' viewing?  I've had my money on that being Rand/Moridin since Knife of Dreams came out, and I find it hard to see it being about Rand/Lews Therin, even knowing this.

If it's not in the book, then who confirmed it?  ???

EDIT: I did find this in the book:

Rand reached down, touching the sword he wore at his waist. It was the curved one, with the scabbard of black, painted with the twisting dragon, red and gold. For more reasons than one, it made him think of the last time he had been in Falme.

After that he starts talking about how Turak was the first man he killed with a sword. But more reasons than one... I guess it makes sense that the sword is Justice.

But I still want to know who confirmed it  :P

If it's not in the book, then who confirmed it?  ???

EDIT: I did find this in the book:

Rand reached down, touching the sword he wore at his waist. It was the curved one, with the scabbard of black, painted with the twisting dragon, red and gold. For more reasons than one, it made him think of the last time he had been in Falme.

After that he starts talking about how Turak was the first man he killed with a sword. But more reasons than one... I guess it makes sense that the sword is Justice.

But I still want to know who confirmed it  :P

And it probably looks like Turak's.

But it was confirmed by Jason and Katherine that the sword is Justice.

yeah, he balefired Semirhage to oblivion using the true power

Can you tell us why he used true power instead of saidin? Is there an actual reason (cant channel saidin at the time or somesuch) or is it just accidental due to his link with Moridin?

Archived