DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

Since Verin exposed the BA, there are still those that are amongst the other camps. Namely, Elza, who has sworn fealty to Rand. Speaking of that, Verin should have known that Elza was when she wove her strange compulsion on her, or any of the other's that were captured at Dumai's Wells that may be BA. I don't think we even have a clue that any of the one's bonded to Asha'man loyal to Logain are. I know all the ones that Suian sent Elayne, Egwene and Nyneave are all accounted for, except one, Jeaine Caide. Elayne has the rest of them that survived, except for Liandrin, who was with Suroth. I just hope Katerine Alruddin got the chopping block.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Verin exposed the BA, there are still those that are amongst the other camps. Namely, Elza, who has sworn fealty to Rand. Speaking of that, Verin should have known that Elza was when she wove her strange compulsion on her, or any of the other's that were captured at Dumai's Wells that may be BA. I don't think we even have a clue that any of the one's bonded to Asha'man loyal to Logain are. I know all the ones that Suian sent Elayne, Egwene and Nyneave are all accounted for, except one, Jeaine Caide. Elayne has the rest of them that survived, except for Liandrin, who was with Suroth. I just hope Katerine Alruddin got the chopping block.

Actually we know for a fact that none of the Aes Sedia the Asha'man bonded aren't BA because Alviarin said she was ordered to make sure no BA were sent in Toveine party, because the Shadow knew how many Asha'man there were so knew it would be a disaster.

Apparently Rand nearly balefires Tam? Anyone willing to explain why? What is that all about?

Tam mentions that Cads sent him to try to help Rand. Just mentioning her name sets Rand off.

Uh, lets just say Elza won't be troubling Rand again. Ever.  ;)

-------

On a side note, does anyone know if mb has read TGS yet? I was just linked to this from another thread in the forum.  :)

This page speculates about the 'aiel' attack on the Aes Sedia:

http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/1_dark/1.4_whats-up-dark/1.4.07_demira.html

I doubt Verin since she is Light-sided and since she has been with the rebel Aes Sedia embassy during the whole time they were there.

The most likely person who ordered would to me be Fain.

Emphasis with bolding is mine.

I can't wait until Tuesday. I want to start discussing some things here, but with so many people peeking in, I don't want to ruin it for any of them. Grrr....

I can't wait until Tuesday. I want to start discussing some things here, but with so many people peeking in, I don't want to ruin it for any of them. Grrr....

This attitude makes no sense. This is a spoiler specific thread inside a spoiler specific forum- you have to have acknowledged twice that you want to know to be in here, *and* actively read it. You are not responsible for other people's self-control. They are.

So who are the BA with the SAS?  Small print is okay...

Ok, here it is.

Sheriam and Moria

Small text although the first was very obvious for those who were looking. I had this person on my list for quote some time now. The second was a surprise, but after looking back it makes sense.

Only those two?  Wow!  I'm surprised...

They were the only ones named. There are about 70 others in the camp. There is a short list of some, but it doesn't specify which of those is SAS and which is TAS. You would have to do some book digging to find out most of them.

This attitude makes no sense. This is a spoiler specific thread inside a spoiler specific forum- you have to have acknowledged twice that you want to know to be in here' date=' *and* actively read it. You are not responsible for other people's self-control. They are.[/quote']

Agreed.  I have a problem with dropping hints though, and Isa has (along with another person) inspired a really evil teaser in spoiler tags in my sig at Theoryland.  I'm going to change it now, but I have had it up for several hours today.   ;D  

I have justified it to myself because I know that I haven't really spoiled anything for anyone, just given vague hints and heightened opportunity to cave in to the temptation of looking at spoilers.  But I should really have more self control...

On a happy note, I didn't harass any bookstore employees today.

Only those two?  Wow!  I'm surprised...

They were the only ones named. There are about 70 others in the camp.

Okay.  Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

I knew there were a lot of blacks, but the number itself. The forces of the Light are surely hurting after the BA revelation. (and it was stated that was certainly not all of them)

Only those two?  Wow!  I'm surprised...

They were the only ones named. There are about 70 others in the camp.

Wow.  That's more than I think a lot of people expected.  I think we all figured there had to be quite a few, but there wasn't a whole lot of evidence of their efforts.  I guess Verin discovered about one per year!  ;D

The one was common knowledge on spoiler threads already.  The other, in retrospect, is interesting, but as was said, not surprising.  It casts suspicion on some others, but not strong suspicion, really.  I was hoping some others would be named, though.  It's kind of disappointing to get only two.

That was only the Salidar Aes Sedai. Including the Tower Aes Sedai and those Aes Sedai out and about, Verin discovered 204 Black AS. The Red and Green had the most. The White had the fewest.

We also know that there are no longer any Blacks among the Salidar Sitters unless they know of a way to fool the Oath Rod. Note that this was hinted at when Egwene was wondering about Mesaana's whereabouts.

204 black sisters out of about 500 total is a huge number. no wonder nobody trusts aes sedai :o

i would like to know how verin died/revealed the names.

Where did you get 500? There are around 1,000 Aes Sedai.

After the split:

300ish Tower AS

300ish Rebel AS

300ish AS like Cadsuane who didn't rebel, or heed Elaida's call to come back to the Tower.

That was only the Salidar Aes Sedai. Including the Tower Aes Sedai and those Aes Sedai out and about, Verin discovered 204 Black AS. The Red and Green had the most. The White had the fewest.

We also know that there are no longer any Blacks among the Salidar Sitters unless they know of a way to fool the Oath Rod. Note that this was hinted at when Egwene was wondering about Mesaana's whereabouts.

Okay, so that means that Janya wasn't Black.  We already pretty much knew that she wasn't, because Alviarin would have made sure she was called to depose Elaida if she had been, but it's nice to have confirmation.  I suppose Egwene could have simply neglected to reveal a Black Sitter in her mind, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah, RJ pointed the same thing out on his blog at one point, and it was pretty obvious seeing as how Red and Green are the biggest Ajahs, and White the smallest.  Blues would have the next least amount, etc.

The numbers of Black sisters in each Ajah are proportional to the total number in that Ajah. So while the Reds have more in total number, its the same percentage as the Whites.

Is enough information given out on the breakdown to say that? I'd find it more realistic if some ajah's had a higher percentage of members Black then others. It'd make an extra twist on the Ajah interaction - 'Ha! Your ajah, every 3rd woman was black, we barely had one in 5'. Claws out  :P

204 black sisters out of about 500 total is a huge number. no wonder nobody trusts aes sedai :o

The oath sworn to the DO in part states that "I will serve him until the hour of my death."

She negated the oath by taking a poison that she knew would kill her within one hour. This is how she was able to reveal the Black Ajah and betray the DO during the hour of her death.

I am curious about three more things at the moment:

1.  Is there any indication that Sheriam was turned or not in her POV? Or did she join willingly?

2.  It is said that the identity of Mesaana has been narrowed down to three people - who are those three people?

3.  Is there any more information on the Ajah Head conspiracy?  I noticed we get two points of view (Jesse and Adelorna) but I didn't make it to either of those.

Where did you get 500? There are around 1,000 Aes Sedai.

After the split:

300ish Tower AS

300ish Rebel AS

300ish AS like Cadsuane who didn't rebel, or heed Elaida's call to come back to the Tower.

i stand corrected. i'd neglected the neutral sisters out in the field.

on another note, how did semi escape? last i read, she was being held prisoner and interrogated by sisters with rand (cadsuane, merise, etc) and they would have kept her shielded at all times.

Shaidar Haran freed her.  Apparently this was part of Moridin's plan to accomplish two things: 1) revenge on Semirhage for her harming Rand (and therefore himself), and 2) make Rand feel pain of heart by torturing Min and also by provoking him into killing a woman, and mistrusting another woman close to him.

Archived