DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you want in-depth spoilers? Sheriam is BA

In fairness, that isn't a spoiler at all. We've known that since what, Book 8 at least?

No we don't. That event on book 8 indicated to the contrary, in fact, and many people's suspicions had been laid to rest.

I'm interested to see how this is handled.

Especially how the fact that two of Siuan's close friends were Black Ajah. Does this mean that the Shadow supported Siuan's rising to the Seat, hoping to influence her through her friends?

More importantly, while it makes sense for the BA to want a Rebellion, it does not make sense at all that Sheriam refused the Amyrlin Seat when she had such strong support for it. Her first refusal might have been politics, but why did she give in to the demand for Egwene to be raised? Surely, she could have kept the rebellion alive better as Amyrlin than as Keeper?

It will also be intersting to see who was beating her. I still think it was Lelaine, and Lelaine had no clue Sheriam was Black.

New member here. Honestly, from reading a variety of spoilers and so on, this really sounds like a good candidate for best book in the series thus far.

That statement by no means denigrates Jordan: he spent ages setting up a thousand plot lines in endless suspense so that now they could be closed out in exciting ways.

But the fact that so many reveals and close outs are occuring, and that people are generally extremely pleased with the ebb and flow of the book, indicates this is one hardcore piece of kit :)

Joe

P.s. Despite not being a member of the forum, I've been reading the series since ~1996 and have read and re-read all the books anywhere from 5-20 times each. Ridiculous how much my life has evolved with these characters in the back of my head.

So, obviously, I need to review info on Verin theories (and what happened 70 yrs ago, etc).

And I need to review the Sheriam's loyalty debate.

Any other general topics that I should refresh my recollection on in order for a big reveal in TGS to really hit home with me?

thanks!

-g

What about Rand and Tuon? Does Rand do the whole kneeling thing? Or is he caught with a male a'dam? Who gets the upper hand in the meeting?

Rand does not kneel.  No the Seanchen don't snap an a'dam around his neck, but....  In my opinion I'd say neither gets the upper hand. 

Does he find out that she's Mat's wife?

What about Rand and Tuon? Does Rand do the whole kneeling thing? Or is he caught with a male a'dam? Who gets the upper hand in the meeting?

Rand does not kneel.  No the Seanchen don't snap an a'dam around his neck, but....  In my opinion I'd say neither gets the upper hand.   

Does he find out that she's Mat's wife?

No...I can't wait for when he does, though.

Ok...

First off, is Chapter 22 a Rand PoV?

Second, does Egwene do any cool OP stuff in this book?

Third, and please, only a yes or no for this:

My guess at Verin's secret: She knew a new Dreamer would have to come, a woman who would be the counterpart to the DR and whose strength in TAR would be necessary for the LB.

Am I even close? (Only yes or no please!)

Ok...

First off, is Chapter 22 a Rand PoV?

Second, does Egwene do any cool OP stuff in this book?

Third, and please, only a yes or no for this:

My guess at Verin's secret: She knew a new Dreamer would have to come, a woman who would be the counterpart to the DR and whose strength in TAR would be necessary for the LB.

Am I even close? (Only yes or no please!)

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Nope...try again

OT -- I have a fairly long train ride (from Philly to Baltimore) every day after work, and over the past month I've been checking Dragonmount daily for spoilage, and the few details we're able to glean in this thread (although some major plot points) are making me even HUNGRIER for this book!! I'm refreshing the board once a minute looking for new posts in this forum! --- end OT rant

Okay -- real answers --

Does Elaida finally get her comeuppance?  Is she finally deposed disgracefully?

Do any Forsaken die in this book?  Main characters (aside from the one that was revealed in mini-text)

Is there a visit to the Tower of Ghenji and do we see Moiraine alive?

How's 'dem for some spoilers!?

Archived