DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished reading the book a few hours ago.  I bought the hardbound copy about two days ago ;D.

Its fantastic.  Great job by Mr. Sanderson, he really pulled this one off.  If your a fan of this book, you won't be disappointed.  Just two more books till the end, can't wait, but I believe it will be worth the wait.

So I finished it a couple of weeks ago and have kept my mouth shut (as I promised the one who gave it to me).  As we're now closer to release date, I can answer a few questions if people want...though I won't give away anything major (since you don't want me to deep down).

Short (non-spoiler) review:

It's very good and is fast paced.  Lots and lots of stuff happens and several things that people have been puzzling about for 10 years get resolved.  A number of times I could tell that RJ hadn't written what I was reading (but not in a bad way).  One or two chapters I thought I could tell that BS had to invent some plot related things, but overall my sense was this was very true to the original plotline that RJ had in mind.  Anyway, ask away...I'm at y'all's disposal.

Just finished reading the book a few hours ago.  I bought the hardbound copy about two days ago ;D.

Its fantastic.  Great job by Mr. Sanderson, he really pulled this one off.  If your a fan of this book, you won't be disappointed.  Just two more books till the end, can't wait, but I believe it will be worth the wait.

Where did you buy it? At this point I'm ready to fly to another country just to finally get it!

well a LOT of things happened. especially with tons of Darkfriends showing up! I don't want to spoil the fun but let's just say TDR hit two birds in this book (at least with where I am now)

Btw, the conversation with Verin is.... :o

@Leftturnarrow:

Ah well, thanks for replying.

I'm just getting a little worked up about people casually mentioning they've finished the book. I'm like: What!? :o

I totally understand.  I've been wanting this book as long as you.  And I've been tortured for the past few weeks by not being able to talk about it.

Where did you buy it? At this point I'm ready to fly to another country just to finally get it!

I'm from the Philippines.  I bought the book from one of the leading bookstores here, well actually my girlfriend was the one who found the book and bought it for me, which was a good thing because it was the only copy in the store :o.

I was really surprised that there was a copy before the release date.  My girlfriend says maybe the bookstore had the copy because maybe they did some pre-ordering stuff, I don't know, but I sure am glad that I have a copy myself.

[quote author=LeftTurnArrow link=topic=49099.msg1323485#msg1323485 date=1256052827

Anyway, ask away...I'm at y'all's disposal.

Hmmm... Do the Seanchan attack by air, landing on the top of the Tower? And does Elaida survive this book?

You really want me to answer this?  These are pretty big spoilers.  I will say that a lot of interesting things happen in the tower during the book.  PM me if you really want specifics about this.

Can someone please explain to me where you all got the book? It won't be released until the 27th of october , will it?

Some independant booksellers, especially outside the US, aren't aware of the release date and have copies on the shelf.  It's an incredibly small number though.

Archived