DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Feast!

Welcome, one and all, to the White Tower Feast!  Trestle tables are arrayed and waiting, so choose a seat and join us!  Regardless of your Org or Div affiliation, all are welcome to our tables!  While you are enjoying the delectable treats set out, please take the time to introduce yourself to people around you!  Chime in with something about yourself, so we can all get to know you better!  If you are participating in the Raising Day festivities to fulfill a requirement, be sure to read the thread on the Aspirant Common Room for instructions on how to get credit!  I will get us started, so you all can learn a bit about the gal now known as Mother!

I'm Claire, and I am a mother of an adorable 1 year old girl.  I'm currently 25, turning 26 later this month, so get your bribes (erm...presents) ready!  I work from home as a graphic and web designer as well as portrait photographer. 

I've been a member of DM and the WT Org since 2000, and currently am a member at the Seanchan Org, Illuminators Org, Shayol Ghul Org, White Tower Division, Black Tower Division, and Freelanders Division.  In my spare time, I enjoy reading, music of all sorts, creating digital art like photomanipulations, occasional online gaming (WoW and Star Wars Galaxies), and of course, making TONS of to-do lists.

I am a sucker for sweets, especially cookies and cream ice cream!  I try to refrain as much as possible though, since I have lost all my baby weight and would like to KEEP it off.  We recently moved to Texas and remodeled a home which we are now happily living in.  Although I never expected to call myself a "Texan", we are settling in and definitely enjoying the weather.

I can't really think of much else at the moment, so feel free to ask me any questions if you're curious! And now it's YOUR turn, so take a moment and let us know about yourself!

Claire

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, everything looks delicious, Mother!

Let's see . . . about me . . . I'm Daruya (given name is Tina) and I'mm the mother of 2 amazing boys, ages 10 and 11.  I'm older than you and have a birthday coming up next month (I share a b-day with Harry Potter!).  I'm a mechanical engineer working as the lead system engineer for a weapon system.  My husband is a medically retired Navy diver (mixed gas) and is currently a PTA, CLT-LANA.  We live in Florida, we have 2 dogs and 2 Arabian horses and we live on 5 acres in a new house we had built last year. 

I've been a member of DM since 2006 and am a member of the WT, Aiel, and Kin.  I enjoy reading, riding, singing (am in the worship arts team at my church as a background vocalist), swimming, whitewater rafting (though I don't get any opportunities in Florida), camping, playing on the Wii (a few games, anyway) and have recently discovered Farm Town on FaceBook.  :o  What else?  Oh . . . though I've lived in Florida for a long, long, long time, I could see myself moving elsewhere some day.  Preferably near mountains.  ;D

How cool is that?!  What bloodlines do you have?  My gelding is CMK/Russian and hubby's gelding is Crabbet/Polish.  Both flashy chestnuts.  Revere (hubby's gelding) is a bright chestnut, minimally expressed sabino (lots of "chrome") and Taz (my gelding) is a darker, reddish chestnut rabicano.  Do you show?  I used to.  Taz went to the Crabbet Celebration (with his breeder) as a weanling in 2001 and took 1st in a field of 13 in the SHIH 5 & Under class!  He was the youngest horse in the class.  Karlan Downing and Liz Salmon were judging the show; Karlan judged the SHIH class.  :D

Are you on any horse forums, like ABN?  I'm wondering if we've "met" elsewhere and don't even know it! LOL!

I'm not on any horse forums, but I am working on an Arabian wiki start-up website I own called The Arabpedia.  I'll send you info if you want to check it out!  We have mostly pure Polish, and we breed for black.  We've got mostly Tabasco, Leeonardo and Bask lines, and we just got a Padron's Psyche chestnut mare to breed to our perlino Quarter Horse stud.  I have a gelding who's my favorite and he is the spitting image of Khemosabi, I wish we'd never had him gelded!  I took one of my mares to the Buckeye Classic a few years ago and we got 3rd in the breeding mares confirmation class.

Thanks, Kelly!  Come out of that shell and share a bit, if you feel like! :D

Yeah I forgot, you probably don't know much about me do you.  :D  I'm Kelly, I live in Alabama, 30 years old, currently in college and just applied for the Nursing program *crosses fingers* I'm trying to get my RN certification.  I'm divorced, no children, but I spoil my sister's daughters until I have my own.  ;)  I'm active in the Ogier and Kin, former Ogier Org Leader for several years.  I've recently been diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis and trying to deal with the treatments for that, but we managed to catch it early so the doctors are very hopeful that it won't cause any serious damage from here on out with their help.  ;D  I've been here at DM for almost 5 years now, in July actually.  I've seen you around a lot, but never really got to know you, now maybe we'll have that chance.  :)  I look forward to what you have planned for the WT, and I hope that you enjoy your new job!

Mendorah:  Maybe we can get a meet-up set for sometime around our birthdays!

Kelly:  I'm hoping we get to know each other better, too!  Good luck on the Nursing certification, one of my Aunts has been an RN for years and loves it!  It is good that you caught the Autoimmune stuff early, my mother's best friend has been dealing with lupus for years now and it's done a number on her before they caught it.  Spoiling nieces is great, and the best thing about being an Aunt is you can always hand the kids back when they cry/poop/are making trouble!

Greetings and Congrats to our new Mother! *goes out of protocol and hugs Claire*

I'm Naeann, a Yellow sister.  I have been at DM for two years 1 month now.  I'm the FDM leader in the Aiel, apparent "chanman" for the Seanchan, Black ajah in Shayol Ghul, and also play tons of the mafia games.  I have two warders, Daetirion and Vemynal.  Real life me... I just turned 28.  I live alone in a little apartment in Independence, Missouri.  I'm what's called "3rd key" at a little retail store 5 minutes from my house.  It is just under assistant manager.  No kids but like Kelly I just spoil my nieces and nephews. I also spoil my new baby brother.  Yes, that's right.  My dad remarried and now they have an adorable 3 month old named Roman.  My dad is 64 and his oldest kid is 45.  Quite the age gap we have.

Oh, and I'm a gemini too!

Hope you don't mind, but I've poked the lumies writers to come drown you in limericks.  I'll start.

There once was a Sedai named Claire

Whose Avvy had quite awesome hair

But then she was raised

and all were amazed

Soon frizzies and gray appeared there

(And yes, Kath - the "Sedai" was just for you  ;D)

Nae: I totally understand the age gap thing; my sister is 12!  I lived in Lawrence, KS for the last 7 years before moving to Texas, and I got up to Independence mall quite frequently when I had to go train somebody at the portrait studio there in Sears!  Oh, and Geminis unite!  *high five*

Kivam: Joram can attest that I am a fan of limericks, but most of mine are sadly not for family viewing *g*  Great lim, and I should totally age my avatar to match it in a few months!

I'm Tig (In RL Tim), I'm 18, and have been here since August 2006. I'm currently living with my brother on his berry farm up in wintery Alberta, Canada (Yes, it snowed last Friday. I was not impressed) In total, I have 3 brothers, aged from 33 to 28, so I too have the age gap. :P I'm currently working at a Dollar store chain called Dollarama where I'm the Senior Keyholder (which sounds just like Nae's Third Key thing) In the fall, I plan to go to school up in northern Saskatchewan (More winter XD).

To do, I like video games (Tales of Symphonia ftw!!), reading books (of course), swimming, volleyball, teh interwebz, singing and dancing (not usually around people ;D). I color my hair very frequently. In the last while, it's been monthly. :P I have 3 bondeds here, Nae, Nyn (Yellows), and Adanza (a Green).

He also likes inflicting people with pop videos... and people say I'm a sadist! :o

Let's see... most of you guys know me well enough, but might as well play along, eh?  I'm Raeyn, or Virginia outside the computer box.  I'm 27, from Dallas, TX (Sorry Claire - the COOL side of the metroplex!... okay... once was... shut it! <__<), and living in the United Kingdom with my husband of almost two years, Neil... who is British.  We're expecting our first child on the next Binary Day (01/01/10), and have a cute little maisonette above a bookie's shop, which is, of course, actually owned by our two cats, Batman and Poison.

I read, I game... I do artsy things... whatever takes my fancy.  Right now, my fancy's run off on me, so I'm just sort of kicking back. ;)

[radio edit] Oh, and I've been a member of the site since December 2000, and a member of this Org since 19 January 2001.  Yup.

I swore at Kath's retirement to never call another Amyrlin "Mumsy", so I have decided to call you Mama Claire....hope that's ok ;)

I've been a member of DM since midyear 06 *just realizes she's been here 3 years :o*. I've been a member of other orgs, but due to time restraint, I'm really only active in the Tower...though I do visit the Ogier occasionally.

IRL: I'm 29 years old. No husband (though I have my prospect :P) or kids, and just got my first nephew last month (also a Gemini) so the spoilage is in full effect! :D

I grew up and still live on the family cattle ranch in rural central Florida. I love the outdoors and anything to do with marine biology.

Oh, and I just bought a "Dirty Little Limericks" book for the boyfriend not too long ago.  :P

LOL I have horses too, well my parents do since while I have a big backyard it's against our ccnr's to have horses. *G* My parents have raised Arabs, ours are spanish, polish, and I had a crabbit for a long time. Let's see, I am 28 years old, a Scorpio, born close to the cusp. I am a stay at home Mom for 2 amazing children. Jackie is 7 and Jacub turns 1 on Friday. I like to scrapbook and generally do arts and crafts. I am a Green and have been for almost 6 years. *G*

Well let's see...

My name is Heidi, I'm an Aries (very much so!), and I'm 27. I've been married to my husband Scott for the past five years, and we have two daughters--Ashleigh Isabelle (3.5 yrs), and Norah Grace (11mos). I'm a Graphic Design Student, and I do some photography jobs on the side. When I'm not on Dragonmount I enjoy reading, playing WoW, being artsy, and gardening. I'm the Shayol Ghul Org Leader and Asst. Org Admin. I also hang out at the 'Chan and I like to play in the mafia games. The White Tower was the first Org I ever joined, and that was back in Jan. of 2005. Though I've gone on hiatus in the recent months from this Org, I am a sister of the Green Ajah.

And to participate in the horse discussions, I grew up on a farm with lots of horses! We had an Arabian, but she was a real pain in the butt. She had only been green broke so we had to saddle break her and it just wasn't fun. We also had a QH/Belgian mix, a thoroughbred we rescued, two Appaloosa's, a Tennessee Walker, a Morgan, a donkey and a couple ponies that roamed about with the dogs. We didn't breed them or anything, we just love riding trails and such.  :D

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... are we there yeeeeeeetttt?

Sorry ... couldn't resist  ::) ;D

*Tries to divert the Mother's wrath* ooooh I found this totally awesome Synonym site! *points*

:D

So about myself: 43, born and raised in Cape Town, single, no children, one cat. I studied languages and accountancy at University, then got a job at the largest Church Archives in the Southern Hemisphere. Worked there for 13 years (started on Friday the 13th, too  :P). Through the years there I handled various sections, like the Library and the Photo Collection, but I ended up being in charge of just over 2000 Church Scribes (laymen) and Ring Scribes (I don't know the translation for that, but they're the preachers in charge of a group of Churches). I rewrote the Archive section of the Church and edited the rest of the Church Laws pertaining.

After that I bought an art gallery, sold that after a few years and then started my current job, which is Rental Administrator (I do mostly the financial stuff and other admin for residential rental agency, though sometimes I get to toss people out of their houses ... fun  ::)).

Joined DM in December 2006, became a Red a few months after. Last year I joined the WT at the RP side (MoN there), and also the BT (Org Side). I have 2 Warders (Damon and Vanion), who incidentally also both belong to the BT (I'm a Red, ok? lol). I'm Souvra bonded to a Blue (Jhae), a Gray (Cairos), 2 Greens (Kara & Rashi), a Yellow (Dah) and a White (Delenn). I'm also bonded to 2 BT boys on the Org side (demonspawn and Simon).

I happen to also love horses  ;D

Grew up on a farm, you know?

Personal life: what's that?  :P

Oh yes - I'm a Leo

We have cow working horses...nothing purebred, and most of them locally bred  :) I'd love to have a Cracker horse  ;D

and have recently discovered Farm Town on FaceBook

I have also made that recent discovery, and it should come with an addiction warning.....like cigarettes!

Far! I am also an Aries  8)

Lovely Idea, this thread.

*waves her cane at all the young ones* Oi, let me by!

*clears her throat* I am one of those cranky and opinionated ancient Aes Sedai around here. I started to lurk in 2000, joined the WT January 2001 just before the Community and RP split. My real life name and former handle here is Andrea. I was once quite active in the Green, Red and White forums and bonded my warder Daemon Ronshor soon after we were raised. I have one Souvra, the former Head of the Greens Jaydena, who I consider a sister to me. Now I spend more of my time lurking than posting, although I've grown more active in the Greens in recent months. In RL I'm a Web Designer graduate and work at an Internet Advertising company as well as a Barista at a coffee shop mostly to fill in hours, but also to save up money to get married next year. I draw, write and am often rather unconventional in my ideas, although I consider them innovative. :)

*Bows her head to Mother* And my services are at your disposal should you need them, Claire.

Archived