DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

29 minutes ago, Elglin said:

Even though they seem to have aged the characters, that's still too much of a gap. Especially as Josha Stradowski does pass somewhat convincingly for someone in his late teens/early twenties.

Precisely.  I don't care if the actress is 75 if she can convincingly pull off Min.  But the age gap actually feels larger than it is numerically.  I only looked it up because it felt off when I watched it and was surprised that it's actually as small as it is (and 10 years is still not a small age gap).  

1 hour ago, Elglin said:

To me, it's like Rand's shaven head - I don't think it's right, but it's a minor issue, all things considered.

Josha mentioned Rand's hair in one of the interviewa. It's only logical to cut when trying to hide or process all of the new info he learned in S1. I'd say it's even clever for him.

1 hour ago, Guire said:

So you didnt like going back to bed with trollocs, fades, and Ishy dancing in your head? Probably good they changed it. Experiencing Lanfear in middle of the night is definately too much.

I didn't like avoiding spoilers all day 

12 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

Anybody notice the little faded battle at the corners of each poster? I think it’s a Shinaran fighting a Seanchan! 

I think that is Uno on the left. Is that Perrin kneeling on the right with Loial in the background?

If I was able to ask the actors a question it would be, "What part(s) of the season have you personally seen ? If not do you plan on watching it when it releases?

I've heard that many actors don't watch the shows they act in, and I'm curious about the WOT cast. 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:17 AM, DreadLord31 said:

Really? I would say that being put in a box and being taken out only to be beaten would cause quite a bit of mistrust 😂

And Elaida was shady from book1. 

And I think book and show have done a decent job of showing the nuance to: not all Aes Sedai are alike. Liandrin has got the RBF down. Alanna has warned Moiraine about the dangers of the WT. Tv Thom was the best part of the show & he definitely, albeit briefly, warned the boys not to go to Tar Valon. 

I guess, for me, I didn’t like RJ’s obsession with WT politicking. Wish the show would cut most of that. But I think Rafe has said that, that’s one of his favorite parts — so I can be disappointed without being able to complain “it’s not like the books!” 

I mean the WT politicking is a key key part of the whole story. The idea that a powerful body created to keep the world safe almost destroys it because they all work against each other. It makes Egwenes clever maneuvering of the tower even more impressive of you see just how devious these women who are much much older can be day to day. If you cut it all out then Egwenes story might as well be removed. 

31 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

New clip. Rand&Logain.

Thanks for logging the clip for us.  Now this is interesting, I appreciate the call back to the scene from season 1.  Now I believe this is just a revamp of of Logain's talent to see Ta'veren rather than a change to the magic system.  The biggest support for this is that Logain sees Rand after being gentled.  Maybe I am wrong and they will have Rand being able to see a glow around other male channelers but we will see.

Also something from the books that always bothered me; we have Suian and Logain as people with the talent to see Ta'veren.  How do they know that is the reason they are glowing?  Have they seen so many that they were able to piece it together?

11 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Thanks for logging the clip for us.  Now this is interesting, I appreciate the call back to the scene from season 1.  Now I believe this is just a revamp of of Logain's talent to see Ta'veren rather than a change to the magic system.  The biggest support for this is that Logain sees Rand after being gentled.  Maybe I am wrong and they will have Rand being able to see a glow around other male channelers but we will see.

Also something from the books that always bothered me; we have Suian and Logain as people with the talent to see Ta'veren.  How do they know that is the reason they are glowing?  Have they seen so many that they were able to piece it together?

Yeeeah, I think one just needs to "gird their loins" more. These writers don't know which end is up. The way that dialogue reads makes it seem (especially if you have no book knowledge) that male channelers can see other male channelers glowing (and how strong they are, based on how bright they glow) -- even after being gentled? 

Your explanation is a whole lot more reasonable -- but do you think they're gonna explain that in the show? Heck no. They're just going to piss off book readers and confuse everybody else. LoL 

But. Brilliantly acted. And paced well, and I too liked the flashback to S1 with explanation. It's just a magic-system and lore mess -- which was the same thing with S1 right? I mean, opening scene was "we don't know if the Dragon was reborn as a man or a woman". Ok? Yeah, we bloody do.             

The actors are doing awesome, the writers tick me off!

Edited by DreadLord31

42 minutes ago, Ralph said:

is it clear he can still see him glowing? 

I don't understand the question? In the scene (Logain has already been gentled when he's in the cage in Tar Valon), and he sees Rand glow. Which then begs the question, why isn't he currently seeing Rand glow? Unless Skipp is right and it's really that Logain has a talent for seeing Taverene & he's mistaking that for seeing men who can channel; I.E the writers are so brilliant they're playing mind games with us -- having characters say things that aren't true, but their perspective ... and the audience has to figure that out. 

13 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

I don't understand the question? In the scene (Logain has already been gentled when he's in the cage in Tar Valon), and he sees Rand glow. Which then begs the question, why isn't he currently seeing Rand glow? Unless Skipp is right and it's really that Logain has a talent for seeing Taverene & he's mistaking that for seeing men who can channel; I.E the writers are so brilliant they're playing mind games with us -- having characters say things that aren't true, but their perspective ... and the audience has to figure that out. 

apologies you are quite correct I misremembered the sequence

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

is it clear he can still see him glowing? 

It seems clear that Logain was looking right at Matt and Rand.  He then started maniacally laughing as he likely recognized someone was there that would destroy the world more than he ever did.  This is pretty much how it played in the books, the show just couldn't show Rand glowing because of the mystery of who was the dragon reborn on season 1.  I bet we will hear Logains version of this event, and maybe even see the glowing in a flashback, when Rand and Logain meet up in season 2.  

20 minutes ago, Ralph said:

apologies you are quite correct I misremembered the sequence

You know ... I'm just, gonna do my best to just take the show as it's own thing ... and think of it as "loosely based on the WoT"; and then I'll just be happier. LoL 

3 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

It seems clear that Logain was looking right at Matt and Rand.  He then started maniacally laughing as he likely recognized someone was there that would destroy the world more than he ever did.  This is pretty much how it played in the books, the show just couldn't show Rand glowing because of the mystery of who was the dragon reborn on season 1.  I bet we will hear Logains version of this event, and maybe even see the glowing in a flashback, when Rand and Logain meet up in season 2.  

Did you watch the clip above? That's exactly what we get -- but we have Logain dialogue where he says, "I can see when another man can channel". 

16 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

You know ... I'm just, gonna do my best to just take the show as it's own thing ... and think of it as "loosely based on the WoT"; and then I'll just be happier. LoL 

Did you watch the clip above? That's exactly what we get -- but we have Logain dialogue where he says, "I can see when another man can channel". 

didn't see it yet, but taking a look now.  so I guess it was more about seeing a man who can channel than a taveren.  

5 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

so I guess it was more about seeing a man who can channel than a taveren. 

Well, that's the way they made it sound; it could be mind-games/character fallibility; but that complicates things so much -- like, if you're a non-book reader -- you're just going to go, "Ok, so I guess, even if you loose your power, you can still see other people who have the power? Or, at least, Logain can?" 

Edited by DreadLord31

46 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

Well, that's the way they made it sound; it could be mind-games/character fallibility; but that complicates things so much -- like, if you're a non-book reader -- you're just going to go, "Ok, so I guess, even if you loose your power, you can still see other people who have the power? Or, at least, Logain can?" 

but they still make it sound like it is a talent specifically Logain has and not others. 

Is it clear in the books that after stilling a woman can't sense another woman's ability to channel? not the same as seeing weaves. 

1 minute ago, Ralph said:

but they still make it sound like it is a talent specifically Logain has and not others. 

Is it clear in the books that after stilling a woman can't sense another woman's ability to channel? not the same as seeing weaves. 

That's true, technically he says, "I can see when another man can channel."

You know, I don't remember ... 

So maybe I'm just over-reacting.

47 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

That's true, technically he says, "I can see when another man can channel."

You know, I don't remember ... 

So maybe I'm just over-reacting.

I don't remember either way as well

but to be honest, this wouldn't bother me. they needed to keep logain noticing rand, and this is simpler than explaining ta'veren etc.

although the mention of ta'veren in s1e1 with no explanation of anything does bother me

Yeah, Min didn't really land for me. In saying that the cast and performance is probably the best quality for the show for me, so let's see how she goes.

I do miss the goofy Min we meet in Bearlon, all giddy and excitable, trying to play it cool with meeting the love of her life 😢

Though this Min does look like she could pull off one of my favourite Min quotes..

Spoiler

"Angry cat noise"