DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

28 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

No idea what time it is available here in the UK, all I keep seeing is 1st sept, is that midnight lol or a different time? 

The release time is 12 am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), which means that if you're in the UK, you're a bit under 6 hours away from the drop.

For the US, the release times are as follows:

8 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)

7 pm CST (Central Standard Time)

6 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)

5 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Edited by DigificWriter

3 minutes ago, DigificWriter said:

The release time is 12 am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), which means that if you're in the UK, you're a bit under 6 hours away from the drop.

For the US, the release times are as follows:

8 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)

7 pm CST (Central Standard Time)

6 pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)

5 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Most parts of the US are currently using daylight saving time.  Did you mean to write these as standard time?  If so, does that mean that the relevant times are 1 hour off for most US viewers?

6 minutes ago, Samt said:

Most parts of the US are currently using daylight saving time.  Did you mean to write these as standard time?  If so, does that mean that the relevant times are 1 hour off for most US viewers?

I'd forgotten about that. The times themselves are accurate, but instead of being Standard Time, they're Daylight Time.

Edited by DigificWriter

4 minutes ago, Samt said:

Thanks.  It makes a difference for us in Arizona.  I'd say we're backwards, but not doing daylight saving time should be the way everyone does it.

If you're in Arizona, I'm pretty sure the premiere time is 5 pm since, as you mentioned, DST isn't a thing there (and shouldn't be a thing anywhere else).

Edited by DigificWriter

• Community Administrator
4 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Of all the early reviews, IGN is the sole detractor so far.

What I find odd... Who reviewed it? Who wrote the article? I can't find any name attached to that article at all.

Wonder if they read my post?
Cause they finally put their name on the article... or at least, name.
image.png

12 minutes ago, Skipp said:

New video on Prime youtube.

New scenes when they talk about Mat, Aviendha and Selene, all in the 2nd half of the video.

Great to see a few more snippets from season 2. :flamingsword:

The amateur quality of the narrator speaking over the video hurts the overall presentation though, imo.

7 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Great to see a few more snippets from season 2. :flamingsword:

The amateur quality of the narrator speaking over the video hurts the overall presentation though, imo.

Agreed, I muted the video and just read the captions part way through.

2 minutes ago, swollymammoth said:

Bro, it's right there. Samantha Nelson. Gosh, you're such a stan it's unbelievable. image.png.ddf30ffc3209131ea2aedf0a57ea934a.png

50 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Wonder if they read my post?
Cause they finally put their name on the article... or at least, name.
image.png

It is now.
It was not earlier.

Please try to keep up. You're four hours late to the party. Calm down, stan.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230831135219/https://www.ign.com/articles/the-wheel-of-time-season-2-episodes-1-4-review-prime-video

image.png

11 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

It is now.
It was not earlier.

Please try to keep up. You're four hours late to the party. Calm down, stan.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230831135219/https://www.ign.com/articles/the-wheel-of-time-season-2-episodes-1-4-review-prime-video

image.png

Yeah man, cool. I apologize. I never should have questioned your delusional conspiracy theory by which, out of sheer nerd insecurity, you meant to discredit the only review on the internet that disagreed with your pre-meditated opinion of a show you've never seen. 

I yield. 

3 minutes ago, swollymammoth said:

Yeah man, cool. I apologize. I never should have questioned your delusional conspiracy theory by which, out of sheer nerd insecurity, you meant to discredit the only review on the internet that disagreed with your pre-meditated opinion of a show you've never seen. 

I yield. 

What nerd Conspiracy?
At the time, it was the only negative review. They never bothered to put their name on the article. It was sus.

IGN is also the same outlet, that gave S1E8 a 9 out of 10, but called the intro to episode 7"too long and gory". That's an objective fact, not a conspiracy.

I then went on to say that I take IGN's reviews with a grain of salt...

And here you are, casting stones. Again. After a 5 month hiatus. Why Stan? Why?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_wheel_of_time/s02/reviews?intcmp=rt-scorecard_tomatometer-reviews

So far 3 splats up on Rotten Tomatoes. (IGN isn't on there)

Here's a quote from The Times of India.

While the direction and writing are consistent, if not gripping, mention of a single actor is difficult in this context for few have steady screen time or lengthy tracks. Lavish in scale, this series is strictly for those who watch fantasy shows

This came off as a review done by someone who doesn't like Fantasy giving it a 3 out of 5. 
Is that good or bad? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Jon from WoTup has leaked a most anticipated casting for season 3.  There have been a lot of discussion whether Elaida would be cut or merged since we have not seen her yet so I am glad we got this news.  The casting is a bit of a surprise for many people who naturally assumed this actor was going to play another role.

Spoiler

Shohreh Aghashloo will be playing Elaida Sedai!

1 hour ago, Skipp said:

Jon from WoTup has leaked a most anticipated casting for season 3.  There have been a lot of discussion whether Elaida would be cut or merged since we have not seen her yet so I am glad we got this news.  The casting is a bit of a surprise for many people who naturally assumed this actor was going to play another role.

Hide contents

Shohreh Aghashloo will be playing Elaida Sedai!

Well that was some brilliant manipulation deserving of Elaida by many people, including Shohreh in convincing the fanbase she would be Cadusane lol 

1 hour ago, Scarloc99 said:

Well that was some brilliant manipulation deserving of Elaida by many people, including Shohreh in convincing the fanbase she would be Cadusane lol 

right!?

I'm excited this is her role, since it will not only mean more screen time but also a very juicy role to take over. She's going to bring a powerful depth to that character, and I can already imagine how intense some of the scenes between her and Egwene will go in the later seasons. 

13 hours ago, Storeebooq said:

right!?

I'm excited this is her role, since it will not only mean more screen time but also a very juicy role to take over. She's going to bring a powerful depth to that character, and I can already imagine how intense some of the scenes between her and Egwene will go in the later seasons. 

Elaida and Egwene just "discussing" things is going to be great TV. 

2 weeks after the premier and we are past the middle of the season. Still waiting to see an official press release on WOT viewership.  When Jack Ryan released this July they had a pr out days after talking about how many people tuned in.  Hopefully the numbers don't disappoint too much.... the silence is worrying.  

On 9/14/2023 at 8:21 PM, Pandemonium said:

2 weeks after the premier and we are past the middle of the season. Still waiting to see an official press release on WOT viewership.  When Jack Ryan released this July they had a pr out days after talking about how many people tuned in.  Hopefully the numbers don't disappoint too much.... the silence is worrying.  

Wot has been #1 on Prime Video for a few episodes now. It's #3 on IMDb after One Piece and Ahsoka. It's #8 on Rotten Tomatoes most popular current shows. I guess those are good signs though I would also like some statistics