DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

This is going to be soooo funny later.

John, I see what you are trying to say, but your wrong about me. I was suss of Dice from his intro post.

Unrelated:

I did say I was the "towniest town to ever town in response to zander. It is a common current phrase(you can even see it in his member title).

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

It's mafia. Everyone is going to say they are town.

Zander was laying it on super thick early, so I used it as a loose reason to get an early vote on him to get things rolling. Honestly, this isn't the type of thing that usually leads to finding scum. Scum is found in the nuance of gameflow. For instance, a loud, forceful townie like me can sell a lynch pretty hard... scum loves to get behind me, let me do the legwork on lynching townies when I'm wrong. So, the way I play I typically keep an eye on who is getting on trains I create, or nudging them, and especially when they aren't founded in strong substance.

In this case, I think Turin did exactly that after Zander and I dropped votes on Dice.

Unvote,

Vote Turin

I like this reasoning. What do you think about Dice at this point?

I think I figured out how not to keep quoting giant walls of text.

Dice could be scum, for the reasons I pointed out already when I voted him. However, my experience on DM has been marred by me leading lynches on townies that over-defend, over-react, and under-apply logic... making them easy to mislynch. This idea, in part, informed my suspicion of Turin, he seemed to swoop-in in a very advantageous way... which is a scum marker. I could be wrong on both. It's going to take me a bit to get a feel for the DM play style... where I play, it's more aggressive and I know everyone's meta. I wanted to play here BECAUSE I don't know anyone's meta. I needed a fresh challenge.

Yeah, sure, solid way - explain your methodology so that no one falls for it...

+1 this guy (girl?)

I've been playing for years. Using this technique, and talking openly about, and it still works. 

Regardless, I came over to try to fold some new meta into my play, and to refine some other stuff. It's not the only trick in my bag, so to speak.

This is going to be soooo funny later.

John, I see what you are trying to say, but your wrong about me. I was suss of Dice from his intro post.

Unrelated:

I did say I was the "towniest town to ever town in response to zander. It is a common current phrase(you can even see it in his member title).

Why is it going to be "soooooo funny"? 

It's mafia, we're all wrong more often than right. That's the nature of it.

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

Zander was laying it on super thick early, so I used it as a loose reason to get an early vote on him to get things rolling. Honestly, this isn't the type of thing that usually leads to finding scum. Scum is found in the nuance of gameflow. For instance, a loud, forceful townie like me can sell a lynch pretty hard... scum loves to get behind me, let me do the legwork on lynching townies when I'm wrong. So, the way I play I typically keep an eye on who is getting on trains I create, or nudging them, and especially when they aren't founded in strong substance.

In this case, I think Turin did exactly that after Zander and I dropped votes on Dice.

Unvote,

Vote Turin

Am I wrong from this that you are saying your vote on dice was for a flimsy reason, to see who would follow?

It was just asked by someone else, but I also want to know. What is your read on dice right now?

I like this reasoning. What do you think about Dice at this point?

I think I figured out how not to keep quoting giant walls of text.

Dice could be scum, for the reasons I pointed out already when I voted him. However, my experience on DM has been marred by me leading lynches on townies that over-defend, over-react, and under-apply logic... making them easy to mislynch. This idea, in part, informed my suspicion of Turin, he seemed to swoop-in in a very advantageous way... which is a scum marker. I could be wrong on both. It's going to take me a bit to get a feel for the DM play style... where I play, it's more aggressive and I know everyone's meta. I wanted to play here BECAUSE I don't know anyone's meta. I needed a fresh challenge.

Sorry, I meant, what do you think about Dice now, given your opinion on how Turin reacted? Do you still feel the same way? 

Yeah, sure, solid way - explain your methodology so that no one falls for it...

+1 this guy (girl?)

Guy. The name is female, and there is a story behind it, but I am male. (Means MoonFlower)

Unvote,

Vote Turin

Am I wrong from this that you are saying your vote on dice was for a flimsy reason, to see who would follow?

It was just asked by someone else, but I also want to know. What is your read on dice right now?

I would call anything this early in the game "flimsy", so yes. That's what made Turin jumping on board get my attention.

I've already addressed the other question.

Sorry, I meant, what do you think about Dice now, given your opinion on how Turin reacted? Do you still feel the same way? 

I've answered this as much as I have an answer for it, for now. It's early, I don't mind sticking my neck out to get some stuff rolling... but I never just make things up.

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Rey (1/7): Dice

Dice (2/7): Zander, Turin

Tsuki (1/7): Rey

Turin (1/7): John

Not voting

(8)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Rey (1/7): Dice

Dice (2/7): Zander, Turin

Tsuki (1/7): Rey

Turin (1/7): John

Not voting

(8)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

This is a point that I feel is underappreciated here. There's no reason to rush into a lynch, but there's also no reason to wait until right before DL to converge on someone either.

I was liking his tone but then he got stoopid and voted me. His reasoning for that is lolworthy seeing as i only said KINDA doubt it. Im not totally sold he just sounded good so far.

What was lolworthy about it? I've never seen scum!Zander's tone fall to hell before he's been outed by other means and knows he's probably going down. I thought your read on him felt way too easy too, hence the question. <_<

Morning :smile:

Zander's early seriousness is probably a good look for him?

And I like Dice's tone on this page, but it's all defence so I'm not sure how indicative it is of anything :unsure:

Would you say he jokes longer before diving in as scum?

I'm feeling good about John so far. I hope it continues so I can start building my town core.

And as I said in my list of thought, I don't trust Shad.

[v]Shad[/v]

Haven't seen anything remotely scummy yet, and this is a good place to add some pressure IMO.

Would you say, dear Eldrick, that you are a superstitious Mafia player?  :tongue:

Kind of get where you're coming from but it's not a good strategy. I got tired of mis reading Dice every game so I just started slotting him town for funsies and then I defended him like an idiot in the Harry Potter game. Soooo basing reads on past distrust or failed attempts is probably a bad idea.

Do you think he's being honest?

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way.

Would you say you "touched base" on Zander already? What made you think he and Dice might be w/w?

Archived