DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

"Do you think this is alignment indicative of me?"

^^^ this = thread turds

Questions like this are setups for tangental theory arguments that lead nowhere. I answer "yes" and you can debate it, I answer "no" and you can debate it. It doesn't lead to actual scum hunting, it just leads to debate that scum can hide in.

The comment I made, that you telling others what your tells are, is not typically a strong townie thing to do. Infer what you want from that.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ this = thread turds

Questions like this are setups for tangental theory arguments that lead nowhere. I answer "yes" and you can debate it, I answer "no" and you can debate it. It doesn't lead to actual scum hunting, it just leads to debate that scum can hide in.

The comment I made, that you telling others what your tells are, is not typically a strong townie thing to do. Infer what you want from that.

You do things your way and ill do them mine.

We can agree to disagree or you can come at me about it.

Regardless Im not changing my style.

Ive asked you some other questions in my catch up, would you mind answering them please?

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way.

Would you say you "touched base" on Zander already? What made you think he and Dice might be w/w?

Shad youre asking more questions then seemingly digging in and giving your ow opinions.  Why?

Shad gonna Shad imo

What makes this white knighting?

Defending/Assisting someone who should/can defend himself/tear apart my logic without help.

I didn't read it that way.

I don't think Rey needs help as either alignment defending the point that an "I'm town" claim is null. I took Eldrick to be prodding your slot, for much the same reasons I was. You interpreted it as white knighting. /shrug

I don´t know anything about this theme either. Except that there are ghosts and that there are people that hunts ghosts and that there are some kind of green slime.

You havent seen Ghostbusters...WOLFY

lolololololololol

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

Bold is his reasoning. I agree with it and it is one of the things that perks my ears up too. (i.e. Zander using the PM thing to atempt to hard clear himself in GnD) You see it as alignment neutral for Zander specifically. He sees it as a general tell. ( at least that is my take on it) 

Also the underlined, You see something that sits odd you push to see what develops. I can appreciate that. 

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.

HAHA! I just called him a hypocrite too. Apparently it's okay for him to make comments on reads but not okay for anyone else, I can see where Dice is coming from

It might help you to think of John as a cross between Mynd and Darthe. But with a different sense of humour. Hr is a "beat the grass to startle the snakes" type player. 

If he gets under your skin you could ask him to go find his "Princess Sparklebutt" siggy :tongue:

Even if you wanna use this weak reasoning, maybe not weak for John because he doesnt know me but for you it is.

In the GnD reference you used what was my alignment that game Turin?

And me calling myself Town or lets hunt the Wolves is completely null for me.

Where are you going with this irt to me?  This is one of those weak pushes Ive talked about from you last game,  I know I was wrong but its something Im noting cause Ive seen it before from Scum!Turin.

Want to hear you answer some of my questions.

Red, did you get the impression that Turin was suggesting otherwise?

Seemed like it.

Am I reading it wrong iyo?

I didn't read it that way, but I want to hear Turin explain for himself.

^^^ this = thread turds

You do things your way and ill do them mine.

We can agree to disagree or you can come at me about it.

Regardless Im not changing my style.

Ive asked you some other questions in my catch up, would you mind answering them please?

Give me a recap of your questions and I'll be happy to, I'm not pouring over that crap - be direct, don't weave questions you expect answers to into multi-quotes and commentary directed at different people. 

And there's no disagreement to be had... tangents about theory, setup, and the like are all pitfalls for the town. This isn't opinion. 

There's a time, in most games, where bringing in notes about theory and hypotheses about setup makes sense, but it's not on D1, before most of the game has even really contributed. As far as I'm concerned, the level of depth of the game so far is superficial. We'll get deeper, but as of now, I'm glad we've got a few days to develop some things. Just need to get past some of the basic mafia lines of quesitons like "do you think I'm town" and "what do you think that makes my alignment is". Passive questioning that avoids accusation never reaches the point where town vs. scum logic gets evaluated. You won't consistently catch anything doing that stuff.

The lurky, lurky style of play that DMers usually employ isn't any fun either. Stick your necks out, don't be afraid to clash with people. It's a game. Don't be afraid to be wrong, don't be afraid that you might get lynched. Uncork it. It's more fun that way... :)

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Rey (1/7): Dice

Dice (2/7): Zander, Turin

Tsuki (2/7): Rey, Shad

Turin (1/7): John

Not voting

(7)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

Rey describe youre town and scum game for me please.

Anyone who knows him please weigh in.

Been too long for anyone to really do this Zander

But as a welcome back

Vote Rey    been too long Rey

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

Lynch Zander D1 for my WiM?

If hes a wolf im all for it. Kinda doubt he is tho

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

I get the theory but Id suggest you set it aside in regards to Zander. He will probably call himself town like 20 times this game. No matter what his alignment.

Above was Dice's vote on Rey. I'm not sure what he was trying to actually get out of the vote. From where I'm sitting it looks more like it is just a parked vote while he nudges at other people. 

Hi Rey, I don't think we have

Think we may have briefly met before though. You had an exciting job travelling to places such as the Middle East I think I remember?

Now I feel bad :(

Exciting is probably subjective but yes :)

Don't sweat it! Nice to re-meet you so to speak. 

He has now posted but didn't mention your vote on him. What did that tell you? 

red  thats just made the FOS a vote. Turin has been around long enuff to understand joke votes

as for rey   oh dear! he didnt answer me yet!  oh look he did just below this   

definetly think turin is trying to grab hold of anything he can no matter how thin

Also a fan of Rey right now. Good amount of snark, makes rereading more enjoyable. Not alignment indicative though, but probably want to keep him around for fun factor. lol

#88 @Rey In regards to meta-play, it's been heavily used recently, more among some players than others. Sometimes it's used to make really accurate cases, sometimes it totally screws us over, so it just depends. I think it's a good tool to get some early reads in a game though. If we know how people generally react, it's somewhere to start from.

Thanks for being a fan. 

I think this meta-game play is nonsense personally, but I also see where you're coming from.

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

I like that Turin is making a concerted effort this early to point out potential scum teams. I also note that statistically speaking, at least one of either his himself or his yolo team is scum. 

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

Rey hasnt even responded to it yet. I think its quite alright to leave a joke vote there til the joked one actuaslly sees it.

I think your stretching for something and im ure pick cause zander and john are being dopey.

FOS

Hey Dice, nice to see you again. Thanks for the welcoming vote, it made me feel all warm and gooey inside. 

I agreed here. I personally thought Turin was stretching on Dice for his joke vote on me. But, I don't like the whole "Dice claims ghost" situation: 

oh look not only does he respond even he thinks turins stretching

i think zander is in his town mode yeah

the 2 votes have kinda annoyed me.  Zanders is making me want to headdesk while yelling gimme a break in disbelief and John    who i have played with before     just  made himself a hypocrite which i hate. I hadnt remembered him voting anyone else and still dont but am taking you at ure word at this point

over all their votes are a waste of time. 

So, voting and pressuring = waste of time? I guess we should all be able to make our reads on the game when everyone is joking around not talking about the game, as you seem to have done?

Who knows this guy's meta? Is he always illogical and over-defensive? 

And no, you didn't "prove" me to be a hypocrite. You proved that you really don't understand gameplay all that much.

Red   no voting ME is a waste of time

i dont have to prove you a hypocrite   i simply stated my opinion that you are

also at ITHI and JOHN

can john please edit post #245?  specifically alannalyns name      waves the pg13 sign   also watch the swearing plz john

Reading is hard right Zander?  Cause apparently you dont understand the word TEND   its not a solid word. As for the red   had I even posted between saying that and now?  How would you know whether im progressing my read or not if i havent posted?

I think you've given me too easy of a Town read Dice.  I didnt say you locked it in but still atp theres not a lot Ive dont if anything I couldnt do as Scum,

So are you saying that you can read me Town atp but me reading you Scum is stupid, you see the disconnect there right?

You didnt make any progression on me, that was the point, you were just Zander is Town or likely Town.  I know some people are easier reads but I know you know that Im not.

For someone who talks about Tone reading, why do you have a problem with me not liking that sentence?  I even said I dont know if TMI was the right word but that it pinged me. I mean you know we are very similar players. 

And as far as jokes didnt you push/catch Lainey in Belicheat from a joke.

Ive not locked you in but I dont like your game thus far.  Time will tell.

blue  explain the disconnect to me   just being town doesnt mean you cant be stupid. 

red   sometimes you are bro

and seriously  stop wasting ure time and go find a wolf to lynch 

I´m joining the Tsuki wagon.

[v] Tsuki [v]

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

I just reread the whole thread. I didn't personally have an issue with Tsuki. Both of you apparently do, but neither are voting him. Interesting.

@Turin, your problem with him seems to be that he doesn't have a problem with dice soft claiming a ghost. I personally know this isn't an issue. As I have already mentioned, I am a town ghost. It must just be flavor.

@Niniel, I don't see what you're getting at. Can you explain?

How do you defend against words like funky and emo. Throwing suspiciouns (or at least trying) on Laine without anything more than two words that doesn´t mean anything. 

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.

Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

GhostBUSTERS... You or Dice are on the naughty list.

Also, how the blazes have you not seen this movie? How old are you?

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky  :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

Tunneling, love, tunneling. I don't like those that haz the emotionz...

Nice way to subtly join Turin.

Don´t like his reasons for tunneling Laine. (See above.)

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

oh and Turins thing about  did dice claim a ghost.  i actually thought that was a rhetorical question which is why i didnt answer it

now im not gonna answer it cause i dont want to

I agree with Tsukibana here when he says: 

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

But I obviously think he's talking nonsense when he says: 

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Teammates - SERIOUS

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

I haven't been challenged on anything to protest at all. 

To my knowledge, there are no "good ghosts" in the film. However, lets not work on the assumption that the mod hasn't tweaked things around here. Everyone knows mods make changes to setups and are not necessarily ever always adherent to the original material. I think its reasonable to assume that Tsukibana knows this.

If we assume that statistically, at least one of Turin plus his yolo team (Zander, Dice, Tsukibana) are scum, my money is on Tsukibana right now. I get the feeling either Dice or Eldrick are also his pals. ​Dice, your post on not wanting to answer comes across as shady. 

To that end, Vote: Tsukibana.

I'd like to hear more from Shad and BFG, who haven't said a lot of much. 

I agree with the bolded. 

@ Rey, the phrase "protests too hard' meant you said towny way too often in the first couple of pages... should I actually count?

Lol, you agree with me and then vote me... *shakes finger*

Thin. Because Rey voted Tsuki?

but it IS him SAYING town 3 times :P

But it isn't the issue you are making it out to be.

He's also not the first person to say it. Turin did it too. Why aren't you getting on his case for doing that too?

Im not making it an issue, Rey is.

I'm always on Turin's case.

Why are you white-kinghting? Or do you have a reason for defending Rey and pointing me at Turin you wish to elucidate?

I think Eldrick was asking a good question.

No, not much yet. As I said before I got a good feeling about John trying to start the game. Just want to point out that if I remember it right, he makes those U-turns as both alignments. But still on the + side. Also got a good feeling about Laine. That´s it for now. Need to go to bed. :)

Really hate to tell you this john but a***   not something that gets used on these boards. verbal might let it fly on the mafia boards where things are a little looser but this is a social org board   it doesnt fly here plus it comes across as insulting to laine

also crap wasnt my problem  try where u say p^^^^    

you dont like our rules? play elsewhere

Dice.

You are not the Mod of this game.

Please desist

If anyone has any problems with another's posts pm the mods. We do not have shouting fits in the middle of Mafia games. We will deal with anything that needs dealing with.

This conversation is over.

In a game of this size would you not say if you picked 4 people one of them is most likely gonna flip Scum?

Give some reasons for this thought with the players you selected please.

I've already explained my reasoning for this Zander. The 4 mentioned are as good as any at this point, and includes some of the biggest talkers (including yourself). There's typically a scum lurking in plain sight at the beginning, nice and loud, while another is paying the quiet game. Your style and your constant banging on about metagame frankly reads like gibberish to me, and I'll agree with John that its of limited use anyway:

^^^ this = thread turds

Agreed.

Archived