DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

I don't remember the movie terribly well to know if there'd be multiple ghosts that could be town, but don't you think mafia would have safe claims?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 30. And as I said I've tried watching it. I just couldn't get into it.

Important rule to base your life upon: when watching a movie, ask yourself, "Is Bill Murray in it?" If the answer is "yes", continue watching.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

I don't remember the movie terribly well to know if there'd be multiple ghosts that could be town, but don't you think mafia would have safe claims?

TBH, I can't think of a single benevolent ghost in the movie...

I think their safe claims wouldn't be ghosts.

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.

Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

What is wrong about Laine's opening? It was a lighthearted way to start the game. To get to know the players she doesn't recognize.

Why is Turin scum until proven innocent to you?

What about Shad's comment makes you think it was a slip? It reads to me as liking another player's game so far, which is null.

This might seem a bit silly, but I don't really ever remember scum!Eldrick trying to discredit weak suspicions like this. He's not entirely aware as mafia of what the average town player would regard as a serious concern vs a trivial observation, and his scum game has never had much buddying to it either. More of a suss everyone and see what sticks approach, often peppered with TMI attempts to link towns to his scum mates. I really doubt he makes this post if he's w/w with Rey, and it's really not the sort of approach he takes as mafia in general.

TBH, I can't think of a single benevolent ghost in the movie...

I think their safe claims wouldn't be ghosts.

I'm not going to jump to that, but I've never seen a player roll in and outright claim their mafia character unless the roles are pure random and any character can be scum.

Ugh... setup talk isn't going to get us anywhere until we see some deaths.

Slimer was a "good" ghost in that he became a sort of mascot for the 4 ghostbusters.

Dana, Sigourney Weaver's character, became Zuul the big bad boss ghost.

There's Stay Pufft marshmallow man ghost.

There the ghost dog monster.

There's several random ghosts.

There's the girl receptionist lady, annie potts i think played.

There's some prick who wants to shut them down.

There's rick moranis the key holder or soemthing liek that.

The setup can go in any direction. FOS the people that keep wanting to theorize around it at this stage, all they're doing is creating a cover for scum to operate under false assumptions of the setup.

Rey describe youre town and scum game for me please.

Anyone who knows him please weigh in.

Been too long for anyone to really do this Zander

But as a welcome back

Vote Rey    been too long Rey

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

Lynch Zander D1 for my WiM?

If hes a wolf im all for it. Kinda doubt he is tho

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

I get the theory but Id suggest you set it aside in regards to Zander. He will probably call himself town like 20 times this game. No matter what his alignment.

Maybe Im reading the bold wrong, but my God it pinged me. 

Reads almost TMI ish maybe the word or term Im looking for.  But couple that with his opening which felt a little forced imo and his easy Town read on me when Im still WELL within my Scum range atp reads wrong to me.

[v] Dice [/v]

Right lets look at this shall we.

The bold bit pinged you right Z??  the bit where I say lunch wolves, poke fun  AS I HAVE DONE BEFORE by saying lynch you and then point out we could do both....cause you know you could be scum.  Thats TMI is it? And too jokey for you despite the fact that ive joked about lynching or killing you how many times now?

gimme a break.

next

Reading is hard right Zander?  Cause apparently you dont understand the word TEND   its not a solid word. As for the red   had I even posted between saying that and now?  How would you know whether im progressing my read or not if i havent posted?

I think you've given me too easy of a Town read Dice.  I didnt say you locked it in but still atp theres not a lot Ive dont if anything I couldnt do as Scum,

So are you saying that you can read me Town atp but me reading you Scum is stupid, you see the disconnect there right?

You didnt make any progression on me, that was the point, you were just Zander is Town or likely Town.  I know some people are easier reads but I know you know that Im not.

For someone who talks about Tone reading, why do you have a problem with me not liking that sentence?  I even said I dont know if TMI was the right word but that it pinged me. I mean you know we are very similar players. 

And as far as jokes didnt you push/catch Lainey in Belicheat from a joke.

Ive not locked you in but I dont like your game thus far.  Time will tell.

0d9bc4a49c4f4fed0c8970ac82b5c2778c8dba2b

Zander  please explain how u find this forced    unless you mean forced as in i used a pic of a FORCE user.

And i want an actual explanation  not just it feels

56227881.jpg

to the wolves

0d9bc4a49c4f4fed0c8970ac82b5c2778c8dba2b

This was the whole quote.  You talking to or addressing the wolves part was what bothered me.

Not a you feel to it imo.

Morning :smile:

Zander's early seriousness is probably a good look for him?

And I like Dice's tone on this page, but it's all defence so I'm not sure how indicative it is of anything :unsure:

A non Scum hunting Die as proved by your game is more likely Scum!Dice then not.

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

I read this as a joke. I think Zander is reading too much into it.

What does this make you think irt my alignment then?

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

It read as a joke to me or carryover from Eldrick but I do agree

PLease give some reasons for your Yolo reads please.

@ Rey, the phrase "protests too hard' meant you said towny way too often in the first couple of pages... should I actually count?

Lol, you agree with me and then vote me... *shakes finger*

Mhm, go back and count the number of times I said I was town. Outside of my intial response to Alanna's "A/S/L" question, I haven't said it once.

Three time in one post, sir, did you say the word

I'm an old timer who hasn't played in a while. I'm a towny town who towns. My current thoughts are that I'm enjoying the chocolate chip cookie I'm currently eating, which also answers the dessert question.

So, yeah. But your focus on defending/attacking a page 6/7 read less than 12 hours into the game is duly noted, sir :)

I never said you claimed, I said you said Towny too often...

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

The second part, about protesting, was me rewording the above phrase so I was not just repeating myself...

but it IS him SAYING town 3 times :P

I think a normal negative towny response is something like "who gives a crap how many times he used the word; my point was the statement felt forced". You seem a bit excessively concerned with justifying your wording here.

Kind of get where you're coming from but it's not a good strategy. I got tired of mis reading Dice every game so I just started slotting him town for funsies and then I defended him like an idiot in the Harry Potter game. Soooo basing reads on past distrust or failed attempts is probably a bad idea.

Do you have a read eother on him yet Lainey?

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

Is the keeping of the joke vote the only reason youre voting him Turin?

What is the connection youre seeing that you are tying him and I together?

I think a normal negative towny response is something like "who gives a crap how many times he used the word; my point was the statement felt forced". You seem a bit excessively concerned with justifying your wording here.

I've never been normal in my life. And if my feeling had been codified well enough for me to state it that way, perhaps I might have :P

I'm more concerned with those people that joined forces in response to what I said...

but it IS him SAYING town 3 times :P

But it isn't the issue you are making it out to be.

He's also not the first person to say it. Turin did it too. Why aren't you getting on his case for doing that too?

Im not making it an issue, Rey is.

I'm always on Turin's case.

Why are you white-kinghting? Or do you have a reason for defending Rey and pointing me at Turin you wish to elucidate?

What makes this white knighting?

I don´t know anything about this theme either. Except that there are ghosts and that there are people that hunts ghosts and that there are some kind of green slime. 

You havent seen Ghostbusters...WOLFY

lolololololololol

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

Bold is his reasoning. I agree with it and it is one of the things that perks my ears up too. (i.e. Zander using the PM thing to atempt to hard clear himself in GnD) You see it as alignment neutral for Zander specifically. He sees it as a general tell. ( at least that is my take on it) 

Also the underlined, You see something that sits odd you push to see what develops. I can appreciate that. 

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

HAHA! I just called him a hypocrite too. Apparently it's okay for him to make comments on reads but not okay for anyone else, I can see where Dice is coming from

It might help you to think of John as a cross between Mynd and Darthe. But with a different sense of humour. Hr is a "beat the grass to startle the snakes" type player. 

If he gets under your skin you could ask him to go find his "Princess Sparklebutt" siggy :tongue:

Even if you wanna use this weak reasoning, maybe not weak for John because he doesnt know me but for you it is.

In the GnD reference you used what was my alignment that game Turin?

And me calling myself Town or lets hunt the Wolves is completely null for me.

Where are you going with this irt to me?  This is one of those weak pushes Ive talked about from you last game,  I know I was wrong but its something Im noting cause Ive seen it before from Scum!Turin.

Want to hear you answer some of my questions.

I don´t know anything about this theme either. Except that there are ghosts and that there are people that hunts ghosts and that there are some kind of green slime.

lolololololololol

Bold is his reasoning. I agree with it and it is one of the things that perks my ears up too. (i.e. Zander using the PM thing to atempt to hard clear himself in GnD) You see it as alignment neutral for Zander specifically. He sees it as a general tell. ( at least that is my take on it) 

Also the underlined, You see something that sits odd you push to see what develops. I can appreciate that. 

[v] Dice {/v]

HAHA! I just called him a hypocrite too. Apparently it's okay for him to make comments on reads but not okay for anyone else, I can see where Dice is coming from

It might help you to think of John as a cross between Mynd and Darthe. But with a different sense of humour. Hr is a "beat the grass to startle the snakes" type player. 

If he gets under your skin you could ask him to go find his "Princess Sparklebutt" siggy :tongue:

Even if you wanna use this weak reasoning, maybe not weak for John because he doesnt know me but for you it is.

Where are you going with this irt to me?  This is one of those weak pushes Ive talked about from you last game,  I know I was wrong but its something Im noting cause Ive seen it before from Scum!Turin.

Red, did you get the impression that Turin was suggesting otherwise?

oh and Turins thing about  did dice claim a ghost.  i actually thought that was a rhetorical question which is why i didnt answer it

now im not gonna answer it cause i dont want to

Whats your read on Turin?

Also through Pg12- I dont think Tina and Tsu are likely to be w/w.

And I dont really know what to make of Tsu-Rey yet, Ill need some more to go on before I feel confident enough to give them a read other then null atp.

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

It's mafia. Everyone is going to say they are town.

I'm a bit more interested in why claiming town became a hot topic than in the fact that people did it.

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

It's mafia. Everyone is going to say they are town.

Zander was laying it on super thick early, so I used it as a loose reason to get an early vote on him to get things rolling. Honestly, this isn't the type of thing that usually leads to finding scum. Scum is found in the nuance of gameflow. For instance, a loud, forceful townie like me can sell a lynch pretty hard... scum loves to get behind me, let me do the legwork on lynching townies when I'm wrong. So, the way I play I typically keep an eye on who is getting on trains I create, or nudging them, and especially when they aren't founded in strong substance.

In this case, I think Turin did exactly that after Zander and I dropped votes on Dice.

Unvote,

Vote Turin

So what are your reads of Dice an I then?

Not a big fan of making observations claiming statistics without any other basing on it.

You can say the same thing about any group of players.

Equally, its as good a place to start as any. Its better actually, as it involved the people who had done the most talking at the time. There's always going to be at least one scum getting in early on the conversation, and there is always going to be another one who remains on the down-low. 

Solid post Rey, with one exception... I think saying "always" is a wrongful assumption. Typical, yes... but not always.

I stand corrected John. I can't guarantee its always the case, but then, this is a game that tends to follow certain rules. Typically is better than nothing. One of those four early big talkers (Turin/Zander/Dice/Tsukibana) is going to turn out scum. 

In a game of this size would you not say if you picked 4 people one of them is most likely gonna flip Scum?

Give some reasons for this thought with the players you selected please.

This is going to be soooo funny later.

John, I see what you are trying to say, but your wrong about me. I was suss of Dice from his intro post.

Unrelated:

I did say I was the "towniest town to ever town in response to zander. It is a common current phrase(you can even see it in his member title).

Really want to see Dice's response/reaction to this.

?

Youre saying youre suss of me but yet you seem to be sheeping me Turin, why?

Jesus 6 day long D1? Yeah, no way all of that is being used.

This 100%

Actually I'd like to know this myself. You recently touched base on dice and zander, but you haven't given any reason for Tsuki IIRC.

TBH, Tsuki is the most YOLO of the three. It is only the bold below. He acknowledges Dice claiming ghost but doesn't seem to want to pursue it in any meaningful way.

Would you say you "touched base" on Zander already? What made you think he and Dice might be w/w?

Shad youre asking more questions then seemingly digging in and giving your ow opinions.  Why?

I'm 30. And as I said I've tried watching it. I just couldn't get into it.

Important rule to base your life upon: when watching a movie, ask yourself, "Is Bill Murray in it?" If the answer is "yes", continue watching.

Solid life advice being dropped by Shad ITT

Zander, telling people what are and are not tells for you... isn't really the most townie posture you can take.

So do you think this is alignment indicative of me in some way?

Im Meta player, most everything is gonna be Meta based from me.

Im explaining things that new responses with my Meta and for new players who dont know me.

I mean this really shouldnt be a Scum tell unless I was playing off site where everyone didnt know me,  I mean Im obv not gonna lie about my Meta and the the like when 80% of the players in this game would be able to tell if Im lying cause we've played a bunch with me.

But if you think about it some, maybe Id like to see if those who do dispute any of it.

Thoughts/comments?

lolololololololol

[v] Dice {/v]

Red, did you get the impression that Turin was suggesting otherwise?

Seemed like it.

Am I reading it wrong iyo?

Archived