DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.

Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

GhostBUSTERS... You or Dice are on the naughty list.

Also, how the blazes have you not seen this movie? How old are you?

I went back and Tsuki actually pings me but for another reason.

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell...

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard.

Teammates

Hi, BFG <3

Now I'm silly AND funky  :sad:

And emo

Don´t know where he is going with this. 

Tunneling, love, tunneling. I don't like those that haz the emotionz...

Nice way to subtly join Turin.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.

Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

What is wrong about Laine's opening? It was a lighthearted way to start the game. To get to know the players she doesn't recognize.

Why is Turin scum until proven innocent to you?

What about Shad's comment makes you think it was a slip? It reads to me as liking another player's game so far, which is null.

Rey describe youre town and scum game for me please.

Anyone who knows him please weigh in.

Been too long for anyone to really do this Zander

But as a welcome back

Vote Rey    been too long Rey

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

Lynch Zander D1 for my WiM?

If hes a wolf im all for it. Kinda doubt he is tho

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

I get the theory but Id suggest you set it aside in regards to Zander. He will probably call himself town like 20 times this game. No matter what his alignment.

Above was Dice's vote on Rey. I'm not sure what he was trying to actually get out of the vote. From where I'm sitting it looks more like it is just a parked vote while he nudges at other people. 

Hi Rey, I don't think we have

Think we may have briefly met before though. You had an exciting job travelling to places such as the Middle East I think I remember?

Now I feel bad :(

Exciting is probably subjective but yes :)

Don't sweat it! Nice to re-meet you so to speak. 

He has now posted but didn't mention your vote on him. What did that tell you? 

Also a fan of Rey right now. Good amount of snark, makes rereading more enjoyable. Not alignment indicative though, but probably want to keep him around for fun factor. lol

#88 @Rey In regards to meta-play, it's been heavily used recently, more among some players than others. Sometimes it's used to make really accurate cases, sometimes it totally screws us over, so it just depends. I think it's a good tool to get some early reads in a game though. If we know how people generally react, it's somewhere to start from.

Thanks for being a fan. 

I think this meta-game play is nonsense personally, but I also see where you're coming from.

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

I like that Turin is making a concerted effort this early to point out potential scum teams. I also note that statistically speaking, at least one of either his himself or his yolo team is scum. 

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

Rey hasnt even responded to it yet. I think its quite alright to leave a joke vote there til the joked one actuaslly sees it.

I think your stretching for something and im ure pick cause zander and john are being dopey.

FOS

Hey Dice, nice to see you again. Thanks for the welcoming vote, it made me feel all warm and gooey inside. 

I agreed here. I personally thought Turin was stretching on Dice for his joke vote on me. But, I don't like the whole "Dice claims ghost" situation: 

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

oh and Turins thing about  did dice claim a ghost.  i actually thought that was a rhetorical question which is why i didnt answer it

now im not gonna answer it cause i dont want to

I agree with Tsukibana here when he says: 

But I obviously think he's talking nonsense when he says: 

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Teammates - SERIOUS

I haven't been challenged on anything to protest at all. 

To my knowledge, there are no "good ghosts" in the film. However, lets not work on the assumption that the mod hasn't tweaked things around here. Everyone knows mods make changes to setups and are not necessarily ever always adherent to the original material. I think its reasonable to assume that Tsukibana knows this.

If we assume that statistically, at least one of Turin plus his yolo team (Zander, Dice, Tsukibana) are scum, my money is on Tsukibana right now. I get the feeling either Dice or Eldrick are also his pals. ​Dice, your post on not wanting to answer comes across as shady. 

To that end, Vote: Tsukibana.

I'd like to hear more from Shad and BFG, who haven't said a lot of much. 

He has now posted but didn't mention your vote on him. What did that tell you? 

Just that I wanted to gather my serious game-related thoughts in one post, and that my slowness isn't helped by the immensely clunky quote system. 

@ Rey, the phrase "protests too hard' meant you said towny way too often in the first couple of pages... should I actually count?

Lol, you agree with me and then vote me... *shakes finger*

Mhm, go back and count the number of times I said I was town. Outside of my intial response to Alanna's "A/S/L" question, I haven't said it once.  

@ Rey, the phrase "protests too hard' meant you said towny way too often in the first couple of pages... should I actually count?

Lol, you agree with me and then vote me... *shakes finger*

Mhm, go back and count the number of times I said I was town. Outside of my intial response to Alanna's "A/S/L" question, I haven't said it once.  

Three time in one post, sir, did you say the word

I'm an old timer who hasn't played in a while. I'm a towny town who towns. My current thoughts are that I'm enjoying the chocolate chip cookie I'm currently eating, which also answers the dessert question. 

So, yeah. But your focus on defending/attacking a page 6/7 read less than 12 hours into the game is duly noted, sir :)

I never said you claimed, I said you said Towny too often...

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

The second part, about protesting, was me rewording the above phrase so I was not just repeating myself...

Rey describe youre town and scum game for me please.

Anyone who knows him please weigh in.

Been too long for anyone to really do this Zander

But as a welcome back

Vote Rey    been too long Rey

alright boys who we lunchin

i'm in charge now

Wolves or Zander  possibly both

Lynch Zander D1 for my WiM?

If hes a wolf im all for it. Kinda doubt he is tho

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

I get the theory but Id suggest you set it aside in regards to Zander. He will probably call himself town like 20 times this game. No matter what his alignment.

1. bold item: why do you "kinda doubt" he is?

2. bold item: why "set it aside"? the game has to start somewhere, why extinguish pressure on someone before letting it play out a little... not very strong town logic in that, town should want pursuits to make reads from

Already answered but I was leaning town on him so far

2  it was a suggestion that u use something else on Zander cause thats meaningless when it comes to him. You dont wanna do that? ok dont.

@ John

He's claimed scum in like 85% of the games Ive played with him as BOTH alignments....lolololololol

CalderGOAT

<3

heh, interesting... so, tell me more about this vote you put on dice, I'm not sure I'm following your accusation in the post you quoted

He gave me a pretty easy Town read,  Dice has played a lot of games with me.  He should well know that Ive done nothing so far that I couldnt have as Scum. 

He threw a pretty easy read to through out there.  It reads to me like he knows Im Town but doesnt want to much work into progressing the read if that makes sense. I know Dice likes tor read Tone and is a gut read player but I feel like Dice should still be more suspicious of me atp.

I also tend to find jokey Dice to be scummy more often then not.  That being said I know he can be jokey as Town as well so this is more of a feel for me but when I factor in the other things he doesnt sit right with me atp.

Frankly, I find the fact that anyone has an actual read on anyone in under 10 pages, with almost NO game content posted to be complete bull... so I agree with you, but for a separate set of reasons.

unvote, vote Dice

and yet your voting on page 7 which would seem to constitute a read. Hypocrite much??

Nope.

Voting isn't always a way of professing a read. Sometimes it's just an instrument you have to use to get things moving... when there's been almost no gameplay, a vote like the one I made on page 7 has no substance behind it. It's as good as a guess, however, it got people talking about the game... instead of whatever that "getting to know" you puke that anal lynn posted.

As far as I'm concerned, you're over defending to Zander, and you're treating your "reads" as though the game is 60 pages deep and there's a lot to go on. 

Unrelated: I forgot how much I hate the nested quoting on this site. 

but it IS him SAYING town 3 times :P

But it isn't the issue you are making it out to be.

He's also not the first person to say it. Turin did it too. Why aren't you getting on his case for doing that too?

Im not making it an issue, Rey is.

I'm always on Turin's case.

Why are you white-kinghting? Or do you have a reason for defending Rey and pointing me at Turin you wish to elucidate?

but it IS him SAYING town 3 times :P

But it isn't the issue you are making it out to be.

He's also not the first person to say it. Turin did it too. Why aren't you getting on his case for doing that too?

Im not making it an issue, Rey is.

I'm always on Turin's case.

Why are you white-kinghting? Or do you have a reason for defending Rey and pointing me at Turin you wish to elucidate?

I'm not doing any of those. I'm digging in and trying to figure out the reasons behind actions.

I'm getting conversation going and getting topics to talk about.

Archived