DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think zander is in his town mode yeah

the 2 votes have kinda annoyed me.  Zanders is making me want to headdesk while yelling gimme a break in disbelief and John    who i have played with before     just  made himself a hypocrite which i hate. I hadnt remembered him voting anyone else and still dont but am taking you at ure word at this point

over all their votes are a waste of time. 

So, voting and pressuring = waste of time? I guess we should all be able to make our reads on the game when everyone is joking around not talking about the game, as you seem to have done?

Who knows this guy's meta? Is he always illogical and over-defensive? 

And no, you didn't "prove" me to be a hypocrite. You proved that you really don't understand gameplay all that much.

I'm getting confused by you now Eldrick. You are saying that you are voting shad because you have been fooled by him previously and you are slotting Dice as town because you have misread him mafia in the past. 

It sounds like you want to be able to back away from your voting history. 

Yes.

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

Noted that you're a ghost. Let's not speculate about setup until we gather a bit more evidence though... setup speculation creates a cover for scum, and allows them to fuel wrong theories that send townies off on tangents.

I don´t know anything about this theme either. Except that there are ghosts and that there are people that hunts ghosts and that there are some kind of green slime. 

Hey you! I can't believe you haven't seen this movie... sad face.

Vote: Zander

Game has to start somewhere. I don't presume to know if him mentioning "getting the wolves" constantly is alignment indicative, but I tend to think over-selling yourself as town is a scum marker.

So, let's see what happens, shall we?

Bold is his reasoning. I agree with it and it is one of the things that perks my ears up too. (i.e. Zander using the PM thing to atempt to hard clear himself in GnD) You see it as alignment neutral for Zander specifically. He sees it as a general tell. ( at least that is my take on it) 

Also the underlined, You see something that sits odd you push to see what develops. I can appreciate that. 

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

HAHA! I just called him a hypocrite too. Apparently it's okay for him to make comments on reads but not okay for anyone else, I can see where Dice is coming from

It might help you to think of John as a cross between Mynd and Darthe. But with a different sense of humour. Hr is a "beat the grass to startle the snakes" type player. 

If he gets under your skin you could ask him to go find his "Princess Sparklebutt" siggy :tongue:

I can't believe you just compared me to Darthe. He's a trainwreck.

I'm an aggressive player, but I don't do illogical, self-serving, dumb shyt that screws the entire town over. LOL

If it helps, I don't know you..

Also, if I don't' know you, you probably don't know me? I would assume. Idk... I just see several names I don't recognize lol (several being 3)

I was just being obtuse  :wink: 

I'm an old timer who hasn't played in a while. I'm a towny town who towns. My current thoughts are that I'm enjoying the chocolate chip cookie I'm currently eating, which also answers the dessert question. 

And who might you be?

Yep. Towniest town to ever town.

@ Rey, the phrase "protests too hard' meant you said towny way too often in the first couple of pages... should I actually count?

Lol, you agree with me and then vote me... *shakes finger*

Pulled quotes to prove my point.

Sure, Rey did it first, but Turin did the EXACT same thing you are getting on Rey's case for shortly afterwards.

Why is it not ok for Rey to do this, but it is ok for Turin to?

If this is a reason to suspect someone, why aren't you also going after Turin for it? That was my point.

I'm not saying you should. I'm pointing out that you aren't. Huge distinction.

I never said you claimed, I said you said Towny too often...

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere

The second part, about protesting, was me rewording the above phrase so I was not just repeating myself...

I used the phrase "Towny towny who towns" once in reply to a post asking people to introduce themselves and their alignment, ergo, I must be insincere. 

I'm an old timer who hasn't played in a while. I'm a towny town who towns. My current thoughts are that I'm enjoying the chocolate chip cookie I'm currently eating, which also answers the dessert question. 

So, yeah. But your focus on defending/attacking a page 6/7 read less than 12 hours into the game is duly noted, sir :)

Mm, it's called playing the game. Inactivity is what kills the town, making arguments and pursuing leads is what gets us moving. 

Not a big fan of making observations claiming statistics without any other basing on it.

You can say the same thing about any group of players.

Equally, its as good a place to start as any. Its better actually, as it involved the people who had done the most talking at the time. There's always going to be at least one scum getting in early on the conversation, and there is always going to be another one who remains on the down-low. 

We need more input from people like Lenlo, Shad and BFG. 

Not a big fan of making observations claiming statistics without any other basing on it.

Most mafia games have between 25-33% of the player pool as scum. You can say the same thing about any group of 4 players, which was basically the point of his statement. 

You know you don't have to post the whole quote, right?

I'll trying to figure out how ...

And now I feel stupid. It just clicked that Turin was talking about Rey.

I don't follow you Eldrick. When Turin said:

He was replying to Zander. I think he may have been referring to my "Towny town who towns" phrase in a tongue-in-cheek manner. A reference, which by the way, I got from Zander's profile text  :tongue:

I used the phrase "Towny towny who towns" once in reply to a post asking people to introduce themselves and their alignment, ergo, I must be insincere. 

Mm, it's called playing the game. Inactivity is what kills the town, making arguments and pursuing leads is what gets us moving. 

Um, whut? Doesn't compute.

I agree with both of the last two.

The second part, about protesting, was me rewording the above phrase so I was not just repeating myself...

I'm an old timer who hasn't played in a while. I'm a towny town who towns. My current thoughts are that I'm enjoying the chocolate chip cookie I'm currently eating, which also answers the dessert question. 

So, yeah. But your focus on defending/attacking a page 6/7 read less than 12 hours into the game is duly noted, sir :)

Equally, its as good a place to start as any. Its better actually, as it involved the people who had done the most talking at the time. There's always going to be at least one scum getting in early on the conversation, and there is always going to be another one who remains on the down-low. 

Solid post Rey, with one exception... I think saying "always" is a wrongful assumption. Typical, yes... but not always.

I agree with the bolded.

It isn't a reason by itself, though. Active people are around to talk to and get information from to look over. Inactive people are people that will have to be dealt with later because of the lack of information. I'm against the concept of lynching someone because they are inactive.

I used the phrase "Towny towny who towns" once in reply to a post asking people to introduce themselves and their alignment, ergo, I must be insincere

This is called sarcasm. 

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

It's mafia. Everyone is going to say they are town.

Zander was laying it on super thick early, so I used it as a loose reason to get an early vote on him to get things rolling. Honestly, this isn't the type of thing that usually leads to finding scum. Scum is found in the nuance of gameflow. For instance, a loud, forceful townie like me can sell a lynch pretty hard... scum loves to get behind me, let me do the legwork on lynching townies when I'm wrong. So, the way I play I typically keep an eye on who is getting on trains I create, or nudging them, and especially when they aren't founded in strong substance.

In this case, I think Turin did exactly that after Zander and I dropped votes on Dice.

Unvote,

Vote Turin

And now I feel stupid. It just clicked that Turin was talking about Rey.

I don't follow you Eldrick. When Turin said:

He was replying to Zander. I think he may have been referring to my "Towny town who towns" phrase in a tongue-in-cheek manner. A reference, which by the way, I got from Zander's profile text  :tongue:

And how do you not follow? He was talking about you to zander. It was still about you.

Also this so isn't a topic worth discussing anymore, so I'm gonna stop here.

I think too much time is now being invested in "who said they are town, and how many times did they say it". 

Zander was laying it on super thick early, so I used it as a loose reason to get an early vote on him to get things rolling. Honestly, this isn't the type of thing that usually leads to finding scum. Scum is found in the nuance of gameflow. For instance, a loud, forceful townie like me can sell a lynch pretty hard... scum loves to get behind me, let me do the legwork on lynching townies when I'm wrong. So, the way I play I typically keep an eye on who is getting on trains I create, or nudging them, and especially when they aren't founded in strong substance.

In this case, I think Turin did exactly that after Zander and I dropped votes on Dice.

Unvote,

Vote Turin

Solid playstyle. Good way to scum hunt.

Equally, its as good a place to start as any. Its better actually, as it involved the people who had done the most talking at the time. There's always going to be at least one scum getting in early on the conversation, and there is always going to be another one who remains on the down-low. 

Solid post Rey, with one exception... I think saying "always" is a wrongful assumption. Typical, yes... but not always.

I stand corrected John. I can't guarantee its always the case, but then, this is a game that tends to follow certain rules. Typically is better than nothing. One of those four early big talkers (Turin/Zander/Dice/Tsukibana) is going to turn out scum. 

Noted. Please use my patented sarcastrophes from now on: <* Sarcasm *>

I can't promise that, it lessens the impact of the sarcasm. 

Unvote,

Vote Turin

I like this reasoning. What do you think about Dice at this point?

I agree with the bolded.

It isn't a reason by itself, though. Active people are around to talk to and get information from to look over. Inactive people are people that will have to be dealt with later because of the lack of information. I'm against the concept of lynching someone because they are inactive.

We're on the same page here. 

And how do you not follow? He was talking about you to zander. It was still about you.

Also this so isn't a topic worth discussing anymore, so I'm gonna stop here.

Fair enough. I would say he was referencing me not talking about me, but I'll leave it for him to clarify. You're right that it's also irrelevant. 

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Rey (1/7): Dice

Dice (3/7): Zander, John, Turin

Tsuki (1/7): Rey

Not voting

(8)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM GMT

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

Archived