DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

This was his reason.

If you are talking about the ghost thing, Turin started that.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[v] Dice {/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.  

This was his reason.

I wasnt talking about the Ghost part it was the issue of not liking the feeling from the post which iirc I mentioned first.

Am I wrong on this?

[v] Dice {/v]

This was his reason.

I wasnt talking about the Ghost part it was the issue of not liking the feeling from the post which iirc I mentioned first.

Am I wrong on this?

Technically yes, you used those words first. But under the pretense that ghost=bad, him suggesting that dice was calling himself a ghost was the first suspicion.

#195 Turin is calling Dice a wolf for posting a ghostbuster meme about ghosts and not responding to him? I don't get it.

#212 @Turin: I've actually played with John before on JN so he's not new to me, I find him to be rather abrasive at times. But I'm also not going to hold back and let him use general tells on actions that are completely null, that's just silly

#220 @Eldrick: irt me making reads, I did throw a few out on my last post at the bottom. Not confident in any of them yet but they're more YOLO than anything. Maybe a bit LESS YOLO than Tsuki's reads which were odd.

Direct Replies

alanna is new to me... Hate that opening, smells funky as hell... - SERIOUS

dice claimed ghost *nods*... but claimed Townie ghost? O.o - SERIOUS

Rey says Towny too often to be sincere - SERIOUS

Turin is scum, because he married Ithi. Also, his favorite dessert is apparently Trifles... words are hard. - JOKRIOUS - Not Kidding... Turin is always scum until proven innocent - I remember that much :)

I think I am going to enjoy playing with Rey.

Teammates - SERIOUS

Hi, BFG <3 - SERIOUS

Turin wanted to know what was serious or joking... so here.
Allana comes in all cheerful-like, tell me about yourself, A/S/L like this is an AOL chat room. I don't like that, hence smells funky. Then she ignores it for 3-4 pages? Give me something to tunnel at.

@ Turin: Did not pursue ghost claim because I knew someone would pull an Eldrick... See below... 1 Townie ghost, maybe. 2?? Inconceivable... One of the two is shank-worthy.

Serious about Rey... me thinketh he protests too hard.

Again... Turin is scum until proven innocent. For 'reasons'... BUT, all jokes aside, I read Turin as Town atm due to year-old meta recollections... *shrug*

Serious - latch onto one insignificant slip up and catch the whole team. Was this the slip?

Serious - Duh

I don't think ghost = scum

I'm a ghost too.

i haven't seen the whole movie, but are all ghosts bad ghosts?

GhostBUSTERS... You or Dice are on the naughty list.
Also, how the blazes have you not seen this movie? How old are you?

Ohhhh I can't even articulate how much I hate this post! First of all, his reads were all serious. That's like me scum reading Cory because he doens't like sour cream or calling Zander a wolf because he has a beard.

You seriously didn't like my entrance because I wanted to know a little bit about players I've never talked to before? It was a conversation starter to see who you are and where you're at as far as experience with the game. I think that's a pretty legitimate way to get information about other players and get conversation going.

Secondly, nobody is scum until proven innocent. Because someone is only proven inno by coroner report or cop peek. That's it. Hence starting people at null and valuing their performance +/- from that point. I don't like starting anyone at scum, because they're much more likely to be town anyways. (Wolves are minority or something?)

About saying "town" too often: this is a general tell that isn't a tell and means nothing. Should be null for any alignment.

Lastly, saying "if there are multiple ghosts, one must be town and the other scum" is setting up lynches and is disgusting. You have no idea how the mod set up the game, you have no idea whether the characters are 100% of their alignment so basically the only reason you'd want to make this assumption is to push a lynch which is scummy and bad. (Rey points this out on #232 apparently, + for him)

[v]Tsuki[/v]

And again, on this post. Do you REALLY think that Wolf!ghost!Eldrick would claim ghost if he really was a wolfy ghost? lol if you think people just straight up claim mafia around here.

#237 #238 OMG Tsuki's pushes are WEAK

/stopping at the top of 13 in my catchup for a moment before my post gets too long

I'm here, gong to catch up really quick. Hello all

Lainey!!!!

<3 <3 <3

Hi darling!!

Hey Laine!

Any reads yet?

Turin was okay as of my last catch up, but he's slipping a little bit. Tsuki scummy, Rey good, Eldrick you're towny, Lenlo is meh. I also want Shad to be more involved to get a better read. BFG sitting in null with John and Niniel. Zander is townish but not outside of scum range aorn

[v] Dice {/v]

This was his reason.

Am I wrong on this?

Technically yes, you used those words first. But under the pretense that ghost=bad, him suggesting that dice was calling himself a ghost was the first suspicion.

No I didnt like the at the wolves or to the wolves part he said.  Felt forced or disingenuous imo.

But this may be pointless back and forth.  It was just something I noticed.

I'm here, gong to catch up really quick. Hello all

Lainey!!!!

<3 <3 <3

Hi darling!!

Hey Laine!

Any reads yet?

Turin was okay as of my last catch up, but he's slipping a little bit. Tsuki scummy, Rey good, Eldrick you're towny, Lenlo is meh. I also want Shad to be more involved to get a better read. BFG sitting in null with John and Niniel. Zander is townish but not outside of scum range aorn

Lainey im sorry if i missed it but can you elaborate in your Turin and Rey reads please?

Top of 13, I think Tsuki focusing on such a small thing like "omg he said town three times" is scummy, it makes him look like he's being productive and hunting but there's no substance behind the push.

#256 Rey so townie, y'all. Get with it.

#269 (y) Boyfriend :wub:

Kind of get where you're coming from but it's not a good strategy. I got tired of mis reading Dice every game so I just started slotting him town for funsies and then I defended him like an idiot in the Harry Potter game. Soooo basing reads on past distrust or failed attempts is probably a bad idea.

Do you think he's being honest?

Shad who are you referring to here?

#311 Agree with Shad on this reaction from Tsuki

#312 @Z: Yes, leaning town on Eldrick and more nullish on Dice. I can't quite decide yet and want to reread him for a better feel.

#325 townie post from Zander

"Do you think this is alignment indicative of me?"

^^^ this = thread turds

Questions like this are setups for tangental theory arguments that lead nowhere. I answer "yes" and you can debate it, I answer "no" and you can debate it. It doesn't lead to actual scum hunting, it just leads to debate that scum can hide in.

The comment I made, that you telling others what your tells are, is not typically a strong townie thing to do. Infer what you want from that.

Wrong. The discussion is important because you can understand the other players better and see where they're coming from/what their thought process is that brought them to that conclusion.

For instance, if I say that x is not alignment indicative for Zander, then that is a null lean. If I say xyz is a townie/scummy move for Zander to make, then that gives you an idea on both of our alignments. Eg: am I telling the truth? Am I pushing an angle to get him lynched? Is this TMI?

This really just comes down to playstyles and it's a little ridiculous for you to come in here and say certain syles are "thread turds" just because you're unable to understand the benefit they provide.

#337 Niniel can you please watch the multiquotes? Trying to read those on mobile is hell. Perhaps spoilering unimportant bits or just trimming them down?

Okay then... I have some light town reads on Eldrick, Turin, Rey, Zander, and Shad in no particular order.

Eldrick has been coming off good tone wise and I'm not really seeing him as scummy right now.. I'm also feeling positive on him claiming ghost with everyone calling ghosts scummy but that's probably a terrible way to develop a read.    Turin isn't a strong read at all and some of it might be wishful thinking but I don't believe he is a wolf. He's feeling like he did last game where I got a good town read off him but it's too early to tell. I didn't exactly buy his push on Dice though, so there's that. It just sort of fell flat for me, which is why he fell down a little bit in my reads. Other than that, thread presence and tone are both good enough for a light town read.    Rey just feels genuine and I've found myself agreeing with his points and thought process. That's a good enough reason to call him town for now, imo.      Zander and Shad are the two that I wanted to hold back on and watch a little bit. I think Zander is close to being a stronger town read, I need a little bit more to be sure. Some of his responses where I feel like he would have reacted more strongly/differently as scum haven't happened and I'm not sure if that's the effect of the drugs or townie Zander, but I'm leaning more town than drugs lol.      Shad isn't nearly as involved as I would expect but there have been a few posts that I see coming from him more often as town than as wolf. Still more on the nullish town side for me though. Give me moar.

I have a good null section of BFG, Dice, John, RTE.    RTE hasn't said anything as far as I remember. I think there was an intro post and that's it?      John is a difficult read for me, I know he can easily fall into that town leader spot as scum and that's what's making me a little suspicious of him right now. I'm not really sure what to make of him yet.    Dice was leaning townish but I'm not sure I want to commit to that yet. I need to reread his posts to give something more substantial. There have been some awkward posts from him, and that's something I'm keeping in mind putting him back in the null/mixed category.     BFG is closer to town than any of them, I would really like to talk to her RT and get some of her thoughts on the other players before I commit to any read.

Lenlo is leaning scummy. I'm not seeing a town!Lenlo yet this game and some of his remarks earlier in the game that I called out haven't been answered yet from what I can tell.    Tsuki is straight up a scum read, I do NOT like his pushes, they're weak and make no sense, and pressure there hasn't made him look any better.

That's an interesting insight on John, but I feel he's coming from a towny POV. If he's fooling me, then he's being successful at it.

I don't agree with your read on Lenlo. He is typically low content early as both alignments, and his lack of involvement isn't alignment indicative.

Need to see more from RTE. I only remember being in a game with him once, and I think I was scum then, so I have basically no info on him.

I really like your recent content, Laine, and I'm starting to get town vibes from you. Keep it up!

I'm not lynching Rey today. He's had good content and a solid towny attitude. He's one of my stronger town reads.

There have been some things about Tsuki that haven't sit well with me, like him thinking that I was white knighting when I was trying to figure out his motive. I was wrong about my reasoning, but the way he came after me about it was really weird. I agree with Laine about his post listing how his points were serious was bad. A lot of them weren't good reasons. They weren't necessarily scummy ones either, though. I'm on the fence about voting him. He's definitely worse than others are right now, but I'm not convinced that he's scum.

I have mixed feelings about Turin and dice. There has been some stuff from them that I like, but people are also bringing up decent points against them too.

As I said before, I liked the fact that Shad and I both noticed John being towny early. It was a good look for him that he saw what I saw. I didn't like the fact that he thought I was trying to discredit something when I was trying to understand it. I'm not sure how I feel about him.

And I don't have a read on BFG. I'll have to go over her stuff and see what she's said.

And now I feel stupid. It just clicked that Turin was talking about Rey.

I don't follow you Eldrick. When Turin said:

Yep. Towniest town to ever town.

He was replying to Zander. I think he may have been referring to my "Towny town who towns" phrase in a tongue-in-cheek manner. A reference, which by the way, I got from Zander's profile text  :tongue:

And how do you not follow? He was talking about you to zander. It was still about you.

Also this so isn't a topic worth discussing anymore, so I'm gonna stop here.

No. I was replying to a direct question from Zander about me. I used the phrase because it is in his member title. 

Archived