DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cory talk to me about Pizza, did it like not seem weird he straight up gave both of us a town read off the bat?

Pizza is one of those players that consciously obscures some of the stuff he does for raisins who really cannot be taken at face value and needs to be considered more for what's going on in the back of his head.

When I have a good feel on that I'll let you know, but right now he could be anything at all

I wasnt trying to put words on your mouth brother, but a Good Sign is pretty obv an indicator of you thinking its coming from what you perceive as a Town Cory post though right?

I just dont feel that it would be alignment indicative of Cory imo.

Also was looking for a response from you. :wink:

and you just did it again.

vote zander

This is odd. I dont feel like a wolf, especially wolf dice, would go for someone like Zander immediately off something like this. Its just so... weak. Like "putting words in someones mouth", when its something as minor as this, is a horrible push. So bad it might actually come from a townie, but I dunno. From what I read no one else seems to have a problem with it. Either that or no one has bothered to comment on it yet.

Why "especially wolf dice"?

This is the post iirc that had me scum reading him early in Matrix, prior to his fight with Nomi where I derpcleared him:

Thane was also mafia with you in arthurian mafia, Yates. Iirc he was mostly inactive and oated by. Not vastly different from star wars.

Whoever asked about Hallia - shes been less active her past few games, and was mafia in a couple, but she wasn't overly active in a town game. My key with her isn't the number of posts but how she's using them. Town Hallia is usually (slighty) more forthcoming with reads and some sort of justification.

When she doesn't say anything or doesn't really back anything is when I worry.

So we are giving road maps for Hally to use to avoid things if she is mafia now? Noted

You've played with Dice a good bit lately. Elaborate on how strength of arguments factors in to how you read him.

Sorry if I'm slow to respond, I'm cooking tea

<snip>

I get what youre saying now as referring to Len.

Also i see where youre coming from with my initial comment on Pizza being ok....its now changed.

My read on Besie is pretty serious.  I mean its only her 2nd game.  The first she was scum and hydra with me.  Her confidence was really good in her scum game as I find it is here as well but the difference is her ISO reads/list.  There really didnt appear to be any TMI type stuff.  And I feel her analysis game from not knowing who is who is that makes sense.  Im not saying i CANT be wrong I just really dont think I am.

Bolded....very interesting comment as Cory is currently voting her.  That comment pinged me for some reason now I gotta figure out why.

Why are Dice and Len your most solid reads thus far?

Dice really isn't?

Lenlo's thought process regarding how the night vote could go down seems 'honest', most of his disagreements seem to be genuine misunderstandings, not a huge fan of the train (but that's relatively minor), I like that he's engaged. I wouldn't say it was a solid read, there are a few points where he misses the joke and I'm not seeing the humour I want yet and I don't like the delay on his reads, but broadly speaking and overall I like his approach.

Sooh is a bit more of an indescribable feeling. I don't get any impression that she's guarding her words. BUT I don't think I've ever played with her as mafia so I can't say it's a confident read yet.

If anyone is curious since I'll be blabbering a lot.

In general I would say people I feel I read well in this game, and will usually have their correct alignment by the end of d1:

Dice

Zander

Tina 

BFG

In general I would say people I feel I read ~okay in this game and should have at least an okay bead on:

Sooh

Lenlo

Nolder

Shad_

Pizza

The rest are all people I have no familiarity with and for the most part am going to struggle to read accurately.

:laugh:

Will you hate me if I say that a bad read on Dice, Tina or myself is something that I look for as a 'tell'

Just so you know BFG, im not gonna be very delayed anymore. Im back home in my apartment from christmas which means I have more than a phone to work with. As for humor eh. It comes and goes.

/shrug, it's not particularly important and I'm not even sure it's a tell, I just miss it :/

Dice is very ON tonight 

think it could be a good sign

What are your thoughts of Dice currently Sooh?

*snip*

I think that his being ON and noticing things is a good thing, and I think he has kept going in a good direction from that. 

I'm not sure however that you're spinning one on Dice saying he's scummy because of it. I think you're just not reading his posts right :tongue:

fwiw I disagree.

You disagree about what? That I doubt you're trying to spin Dice as guilty or that you're not reading his posts right?

Part 2

Sooh

Sorry Sooh.

I don't like the way she continuously insists that Zander will read her wrong. Initially, I thought it was fine, since it's kinda true. Zander always votes her off D1 when she's Town (as I've been told - no personal experience). 

But then she continued, with it. Insisting that Zander will get her read wrong. It started to feel like she might be hiding something and is trying to convince Z not to vote for her since he's "always wrong about her". 

*snip

I want to say that I believe Sooh defending Pizza is just who she is. Protective of loved ones. I don't think it shows any kind of alignment at all. I don't agree with Zander calling it "sass", unless that refers to her protecting him. If it was someone else that she wasn't as close to, I might think that it could possibly indicate alignment. As it is, it does not [imo].

*snip*

Zander has read me wrong many many times. It's sort of our thing now. Last time he read me correctly as a villager he was scum. That's what I'm trying to point out. 

Part 3

Dice

I believe he was honestly just annoyed with Zander that put words into his mouth. I have to say that I agree with Dice. From my pov Z did do that. Whether it was to get the desired reaction or not.

*snip*

Looked like two stubborn men not seeing the other's view properly, BUT:

Dice's reaction WAS a bit of a overreaction though, as Z implied and Len said as well, and that puts him in the maybe scum [null to scum] for me.

*snip*

I further believe that the Dice-Lenlo conflict was completely unnecessary, especially the math part. Why do people keep arguing about something that matters nothing to seeing their alignment? [specifically at this point in the game, because I, for one, can see no alignment coming from that whole conversation.]

Dice and Lenlo are finding fault in each other but I don't know if both would be scum. I know Len hates bussing and I don't see Dice being the type that does it, so I don't know. For now, that's just my current opinion.

I also have Pizza as null-scum, but only slightly.

I think it is mostly because I'm still getting used to his gameplay. The main reason why he's just above/below null to me is because of this post:

Looked for picture of a guy holding a card, I was going to write "townie" on it.

So like a dumbass I googled "Townie", because google apparently knows what I want to write on the blank card. This is how my mind works.

I was not aware it was a brand of bicycle. Holy crap, there's like nothing else, just endless pictures of bikes.

.. which is a completely useless post. During Diablo, I made such a completely useless post as a means to hopefully convince people of how towny I was (which I was not). I KNOW you're not me, Pizza, but for now, it is a slight irritation in the back of my mind. I'll see how the game goes and change your alignment if necessary.

In terms of Dice I mentioned earlier this post that I think his going after little things is a good thing, and I maintain that it is. I think for Dice it's just two modes. Hide or gung ho. Gung ho is more likely towny in my opinion. I have Dice among my town reads. 

As for Pizza I haven't really mentioned anything yet, have I? The post in which you and I believe Nolder said I was "defending" him I was merely pointing out that this is Pizza, and an evil laugh to start up a game can mean anything from that he's excited to be a townie to admitting his guilt as a a scum. That post is very much null to me. 

I do want to point out that Pizza was very quick at buddying up with Cory and ZanZan, which is something I'm more wary of than anything. Buddying up to the loudest townies (if they are townies) might be a good scum strategy if you can get away with it. 

It's too early in the game for me to be able to say anything definite about Pizza's alignment, and I will seriously look sideways at those who say they have a definite read already. 

Catching up, starting from page 16.

Gonna do a reads list before ISO's and see if anything changes plus i have to many null's not enough info to go on arp:

Besie- ive explained my thoughts on her numerous times. But is my strongest read thus far.

Cory- Though I know Cory is fully capable of fooling me I dont think he is atp.  Ive liked most of his posts and also feel when he backed off a solid Town read of me prolly came from Town!Cory cause he knows if he was a Wolf he could just pocket me.

Shad-  Not a lot to go on but since he's been back on today he's making some insightful posts and thoughts. 

BFG- Havent seen some of the stuff im looking for yet but its early and shes engaged more then her start last game but not at the point of what im looking for yet.

Lenlo- Has made some posts I liked (concerning Dice for example and Im agreeing with some of his thoughts on Pizza as well) .  He's made some comments and posts that really pinged me and looked bad/strange.  Big reason he's not lower though is the fact he built very quickly concerns me greatly.

Sooh-  ALWAYS read her wrong.  Have liked her sass but again easy to fake.  Couple things she said have made me wonder though...

Dice- I do tend to read Dice better as the game goes on.  But and again sorry if Im wrong brother but some of his responses seem over the top/over reacting to me.  And it feels like he's stretching as well at some points.  I know Dice pretty well away from the game to know he can get annoyed easy and can be stubborn.  So I wanna see how he comes back in but i cat really shake the stuff Ive mentioned from him.

Pizza- I know what a great player he is and can just be doing stuff that I don't get/understand from a Town!Pizza mindset but that early clear of me and Cory does not sit right with me.  Almost like a TMI thing and same with some of the comments he made concerning Lenlo.  I dunno it just seems weird.  Also not seeing the wordy posts I seen from him in Nightmare

Need More.

Tina- Never been able to read her right.  Wanna gather more info from others on her.

Nikon- Nothing to go on with both content and Meta.

Nolder- Not much to go on yet.

Strength of argument factors rather importantly to my read of everyone Shad. And his have been particularly weak this game. "Zander annoyed me" "Your ignoring my opinion" "Your math is wrong"

Maybe I'm confused here. Does this bother you irt Dice?

LOL Dice! Hi everyone :happy:

Are you town????!!!!

we may need to leave her alive a couple of days even if she isnt. We need to get some tells for her...

The bold actually doesnt sit right with me. Leave her alive even if she isnt town? Are you saying you know she isnt town, that if we somehow mechanically find her to be scum we shouldnt lynch her or what? Cause if we know she isnt town wouldnt that mean we already found tells/errors in her play? This doesnt sit right with me Dice.

Red is a pretty extreme stretch mate.  Curious how Dice responds to this.

Yes to both.  I also commented on this I believe.

What kind of tells are those? Cause to me she looks very different from the previous game. Shes active for one, though I suppose its abit early to say that cause last game she kinda dipped for D2 on.

One WoT type posts.  She can really break down a game well when she Town!BFG and Ive got mad respect for her and her skills when I see this.

Two- Enthusiasm.  I know she hates randing wolf.  She started out ok EARLY on in Nightmare but it started to taper off.  And she started to make mistakes.  

2 things I always look for from her.

What kind of tells are those? Cause to me she looks very different from the previous game. Shes active for one, though I suppose its abit early to say that cause last game she kinda dipped for D2 on.

One WoT type posts.  She can really break down a game well when she Town!BFG and Ive got mad respect for her and her skills when I see this.

Two- Enthusiasm.  I know she hates randing wolf.  She started out ok EARLY on in Nightmare but it started to taper off.  And she started to make mistakes.  

For the record, WoT type posts is only half a tell. I 'can' WoT as mafia, the difference is in the content of them /shrug

The second is hey, very true and the last is regrettably true

And finally telling somebody what the tells are you're looking for... probably not the best idea :p

Cory talk to me about Pizza, did it like not seem weird he straight up gave both of us a town read off the bat?

Pizza is one of those players that consciously obscures some of the stuff he does for raisins who really cannot be taken at face value and needs to be considered more for what's going on in the back of his head.

When I have a good feel on that I'll let you know, but right now he could be anything at all

Thank you sir!!!!!

For the record, WoT type posts is only half a tell. I 'can' WoT as mafia, the difference is in the content of them /shrug

The second is hey, very true and the last is regrettably true

And finally telling somebody what the tells are you're looking for... probably not the best idea :p

Yes content was part of that but I didnt clarify.

lololololololol

And as to the last Im Town BFG I have no worries about what I say,  Some things can be faked ofc but not always as good as the person thinks they are!!!!!

Sooh curious what you think of me so far

So far I haven't seen anything that I dislike in your posts. To me you seem to be noticing a bunch of subtleties in other people's posts and pointing them out. I like that. You're town lean for now, and I hope it doesn't change. 

Tina and Lenlo are not w/w. Which is a big deal in a small game if Tina is indeed a wolf which is what is in my soul believes in the weird depths my mind won't venture

I am always wary of Tina. The one time I wasn't she was a wolf. I don't have a lean there yet this game though. 

Archived