DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Hey Zander, im number two in posts and you have more than twice as many as me. Dangit man.

this was commented on im pretty sure,  but after looking back it feels...i dunno forced I guess.  Im going to be ISO'ing Len soon enough.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

i think i wanna vote Len....Ill ISO first but this.......

Shad I don't disagree in general to that post readwise, but I'm not going to expand on anything just yet.

I know your faith in me is probably low considering you've never seen me as a villager but I'd highly recommend you abandon your recency bias because I at least believe my village game is a great deal stronger than my wolf game and I think at least a few people here that know me would agree. Fear of my wolf game gives you exactly zero reason to ignore my reads when I am a villager and is perhaps my greatest pet peeve when I am one.

If I do something you feel is wolfy, call it out, but I will take very poorly to any attempts to say "Cory is villagery but he's villagery as a wolf so I'm not going to listen to him" because I'm also villagery as a villager and I put out an exhaustive effort to get games right because I'm a weird overdedicated perfectionist with a lot of time.

Just one of the many reasons I love you LDO!!!!!!

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends

;_;

I'm sorry Lenlo... I'll see how things progress, but as of right now you give me shivers.. like the cold breath of a wolf down my neck...

Ouch.

Dice, don't lynch Zander. The wolves have to eat him.

Ohhhh...

I´m soon going to bed but just wanted to let you know that I´m feeling so happy right now. I´ll probably get some kind of anxiety attack tomorrow when there are 20 pages of spam but right now I got this great fealing. Almost like when I started to play. Ah... 

I want to apologize for this in advance put its not gonna slow my roll so glgl Tina!!!!!

:D I might have to skip your posts or lynch you then. 

Good night everyone!

SAVAGE

Talk about a fast start.  >_>

Merry Christmas!  We have to go visit my parents an hour away yet.  I'll dive in tonight.

Merry Christmas! 

nobody else has earned a card yet

considering it the highest prize in our new society.

I will fight for one of those cards. I will kill for one of those cards. Just name a name.

You don't kill to be in the village you lynch wolves.

Still brown nosing for the village card. Not a good look.

Reminds me of a wolf sniffing at the door hoping someone will open it.

Happy Christmas!

<3

Joyful Christmas!

I have to say Pizza, the lack of huge numbers of words in your posts is disturbing.

Joke or serious? 

Tell me about my double VC plan! Gimme thoughts Zander, I know you can have them!

Ill have to re read the rules for the first part cause I kinda dont understand but I will do so after when i get the chance.

Thoughts:

Cory-  Has looked fine thus far nothing to set my off

Pizza- Same as Cory.

Sooh- Liked her little Sass.  It was something i noted in her town game.  easy to fake but like it so far.

You-  Good so far.

Nolder- Waiting

Besie- Shes only played 1 game where she was scum.  She was confident and did well in that role so Ill have to see more before I can form an opinion.

BFG- Nothing real bad but I guess I thought id see i dont know more...enthauism, I know she hates randing Mafia but its early.  Something i watching.

Nikon- No idea not much and never played with before

Dice- His reaction to my point are a little much imo.  Someone certainly on my radar atp.

Shad- Nothing

Tina-  Ive played with before but have found scummy generally.  Dont have a solid read on her at all atp

I dont think I missed anybody???

Your wait is over, I'm here. Sup.

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? Cause if we lynch a towny first couldnt we, those alive in thread, direct them on who to kill during the night? Like we could take two votes during the day. Vote 1 = the official lynch vote, Vote 2 = the unnofficial, NK whoever has majority.

Pral Question: Do we see roles when we lynch someone and do the mafia have a NK in this game? I ask because at night those who are dead vote on who dies that night. So it would make sense for the mafia to not have an NK right? Or else two people die and thats crazy fast.

I almost forgot this game wasnt experimental.

I can't think of any reason that purposefully lynching town is a good idea.

Scenario 1: lynch mafia Day 1, the night vote will kill town. So we're one town down, one mafia down, barring other shenanigans...

Scenario 2: lynch town on purpose Day 1, the night vote will kill either town or mafia, best case scenario we're still one town one mafia down, worst case scenario we're 2 town down...

Just lynch the mafia imo

Letting people know who you'd vote to kill at night is a good idea though :)

BFG is town.

Lenlo you around still?

Why dont you wanna talk to me....sadface.gif.

Because I wanted to ask Lenlo about his read on Dice ldo

ok but.....

:wub:

The rules/setup of this game are a little confusing for me so imma just stick with my KISS Rule!!!

Keep It Simple Stupid- JUST LUNCH THE WOLVES!!!!!

Xander town as well. 

I dont understand why you are fighting this.

We lynch Town D1 - We control the mafia NK hopefully, kill the scummiest person by thread consensus.

We lynch Scum D1 - Scum get to control the N1 NK, game continues as normal.

Yeah your right, D1/N1 scum lynchs/vigs are uncommon. But it doesnt matter if we arnt using a vig shot. We are using the mafias own NK. Seriously we pick a name out of a freaking hat, 25% change to get mafia on the lynch, 27% chance on the NK.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KEEPING TWO VCS TODAY HURT TOWN?

Scenario 1: We kill a townie to control the 2nd vote...where we could still be wrong

Scenario  2: Scum get to control N1 NK and game is normal

What's the problem with Scenario 2 again exactly?

I mean I want to lynch the mafia but if we're wrong...you get what you want anyway.

So what's the big deal?

Ah sorry sorry. I completely forgot about the customary stupid tax slap. Consider it done.

Still sucking up...

Sup Nol.

Why do you have me as town?  And it seems like youre sussing Lenlo.  Which upon my catch up isnt necessarily a bad thing but who else is standing out if anyone atp?

I'm looking at Lenlo, Sooh, Nomi, and Dice.

Not necessarily in a bad way yet but they've all caught my attention.

You're town because you want to lynch wolves. What else is there?

Unless you're lying I guess. That would be a terrible thing to do though.

I dont hate your looking at list at all Nol.

And no Im not lying here.  I just wanted to know why you were town reading me.

Can you elaborate on what you like about it? You had Sooh, Pizza and Lenlo as null to town, and were looking at Dice and me.

I am also all caught up, but I have to stop playing for a while.

See you in many hours.

Current lean

Askthepizzaguy (Oh hai! I put myself at the top of my own list again!)

Dice +11 ** Some counterindicators/worries about deepwolfin, but feel even stronger about Dice's opening in general than last game which was a solid townread

Cory +9 Villagery af

Zander +9 so many null posts because you're you. Still, it's nice to see you're villaging again.

BFG +3 Looking better than last game. :)

BlomBesie +1 I need more time to read you.

Nikon +0 Nothing bad, think you're town but I can't base that on much yet.

Nolder 0 <--------Most of Nolder's stuff is within the past several posts and I haven't sat and mulled them yet. Preliminary: Looks good! Probably above Besie!

Tina -1 Early bad stuff (2 posts) mitigated a bit, possible distancing from Lenlo in progress. But, hey, looking better.

Shad -1 POE and didn't like his opener post. Should be null but it's not null.

Sooh -6 Nulls and questionable posts and outright weirdness. I need more villageriness.

Lenlo -18 He's at about 95% of where BFG was last game already. It's all been bad, every one. I stopped giving him scum points at a certain point because there was little point.

DONT PUT YOURSELF ON THE LIST!!!!! lololololol

Dice shouldnt be that high at all imo.  Please delve deeper into that!!!!

I still find your reads on Cory and myself way too sure atp.  Poss TMI?

What differences have you picked up on from BFG this game?  I aint seen anything really different atp.

Pizza Im starting to worry about you brother.....your posts are wordy enough either....

Honestly? It's mainly the enthusiasm.

I know it's kind of your thing and you bring it to every game but I can't help but get drawn into it.

It'll probably take a better mind than mine to suss you out if you're wolfy.

My WIM cannot be matched!!!!!

Concerning Besie's posts: #'s 293, 295, 296 and 297

OK straight up PSA: Short of a major slip up or Red Peek NOBODY is lynching Besie!!!

Any of those who disagree with this will feel the RIGHTEOUS WRATH of THE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL's

If this dont come from a Towny mindset I just dont know what the hell else would.

Thats is all...Like I played her one game with her as both Minority Village and Hydra this is not the same at all imo.

BESIE

Can you elaborate on what you like about it? You had Sooh, Pizza and Lenlo as null to town, and were looking at Dice and me.

Really BFG???  Its strange you brought this up....like I was asked for thoughts from like what 9-10 pages in before re read and after more information and posts and I gave them and you think that this is weird or strange or for whatever reason you brough it up????!!!!

BFG you are concerning me with this.  Like Ive brought up points after I posted that and youre choosing to go with this and not consider what ive said.....

re read and get back to me on this please.

Dice- Ive talked about and mentioned reactions and stretching.

Sooh- I liked her early sass but mentioned how easy that it for someone to fake.  Mentioned more upon catching up and re reading today.

Lenlo - Has made some points I agree with so yes theres that.  But looking back some of his posts have been bad looking.

Pizza- Is unsettling.  Not posting wordy posts, clearing me and Cory way too early imo and his read of Dice.  almost feels kinda like tmi.

I actually have Lenlo as a villager by a relatively fair margin

But I'm not going to intervene yet, just make sure not to hammer, I think he's L-2 or L-3 and this is a hybrid hammer game

Why?

[v]Tina[/v]

Why?

You guys are all like "he got so insistent on his point when others said it was bad" but it was just Dice. There was 1 person actively talking to me about it. Not 3 or 4, 1 and he was using math that doesn't work.

On the phone and about to drive back to home for an hour and a half. Respond in depth when I arrive but I'll say this. My train built pretty quickly while I was asleep. That's usually not a good indicator that the person your about to lynch is scum, on D1.

I actually have Lenlo as a villager by a relatively fair margin

But I'm not going to intervene yet, just make sure not to hammer, I think he's L-2 or L-3 and this is a hybrid hammer game

Why?

[v]Tina[/v]

Why?

I'll talk more when I feel its necessary

It doesn't right now and you also know that I know what I'm doing so I would avoid shoulder tugging, friend

My train built pretty quickly while I was asleep. That's usually not a good indicator that the person your about to lynch is scum, on D1.

Listen very closely:

If you are a villager it is very possible that I can save you today. Doing so would take considerable effort on my part, but that's my job, so it is what it is. It's also a risk on my part to put my faith on my read on you, especially if it's against consensus.

I say all of this for exactly one reason:

You better have something much better than the above. It's hilariously irrelevant to your alignment. I have no interest in what other people have done IRT you. You want to save yourself, you make this game about your own volition. Pointing out what other people have done as a reflection on your alignment is always going to be something I ignore.

My train built pretty quickly while I was asleep. That's usually not a good indicator that the person your about to lynch is scum, on D1.

Listen very closely:

If you are a villager it is very possible that I can save you today. Doing so would take considerable effort on my part, but that's my job, so it is what it is. It's also a risk on my part to put my faith on my read on you, especially if it's against consensus.

I say all of this for exactly one reason:

You better have something much better than the above. It's hilariously irrelevant to your alignment. I have no interest in what other people have done IRT you. You want to save yourself, you make this game about your own volition. Pointing out what other people have done as a reflection on your alignment is always going to be something I ignore.

I quoted Prals vote count and Len made a post....prolly the only reason I havent voted him yet besides I wanna do some ISO's is how quick things happened with him.  But hes made some bad posts....

Really BFG???  Its strange you brought this up....like I was asked for thoughts from like what 9-10 pages in before re read and after more information and posts and I gave them and you think that this is weird or strange or for whatever reason you brough it up????!!!!

BFG you are concerning me with this.  Like Ive brought up points after I posted that and youre choosing to go with this and not consider what ive said.....

re read and get back to me on this please.

Dice- Ive talked about and mentioned reactions and stretching.

Sooh- I liked her early sass but mentioned how easy that it for someone to fake.  Mentioned more upon catching up and re reading today.

Lenlo - Has made some points I agree with so yes theres that.  But looking back some of his posts have been bad looking.

Pizza- Is unsettling.  Not posting wordy posts, clearing me and Cory way too early imo and his read of Dice.  almost feels kinda like tmi.

Interesting reaction :unsure:

I didn't say it was weird to bring up opinions on people after being asked, I'm asking why they changed so much, since I don't follow why from your posts.

So yes, I thought it was interesting and wanted you to elaborate

Between your reads post and that one,

You asked Lenlo for thoughts

Not fighting anything (referring to Lenlo double vote count idea?)

Said Lenlo is one of your favourite players

Sort of back tracked on Dice

Agreed with Tina about Lenlo

Agreed with Pizza that Lenlo is scummy

Your potential change of opinion on Sooh is pretty well explained

Asked Pizza why he's clearing you, Cory early

Said Dice is stretching

And then don't hate Nolder 'looking at list'

Since then you've started again and seem to be using posts that originally you liked from Pizza (enough that nothing stood out to you) to think he's worth watching, agreed with Lenlo that Pizza isn't being 'wordy' and want to vote Lenlo for #reasons

You've asked if it's that easy (Lenlo mafia?), but I still don't know why you're finding Lenlo scummy. You're quoting posts and bolding stuff, but not explaining why you think it's scummy and I don't feel like assuming things for you

I get that it's early days, but I don't understand your thought process yet this game. Your opinions seem more 'fluid' then I'm used to, for example you were ok with Pizza until Nolder said he was watching him, then agreed he was worth watching. You were ok with Lenlo until Tina and Pizza started getting suspicious then agreed. And it may just be coincidence, but I'm used to you leading more than this /shrug

You disagree with most of Pizza's town reads, say nothing about his nulls or mafia leans, so I'm left assuming you currently have most of the thread as null-mafia which also seems 'off' for you. (except Besie, and I don't know yet how much value to put into your read on her or if it's anther Laine type read

I'm not sure what it means yet for your alignment, I suspect that if I get chance this afternoon I'll be reading through some of your old games to get an indication.

Archived