DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

You're throwing the kitchen sink at my top villager. Reaction to being voted feels guilty.

It's interesting the last bit of bold, you're discussing stuff which never crossed my mind, and I am a villager not in the know.

You're assuming they don't have a nightkill. That's a really friggin odd thing to assume ever.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? Cause if we lynch a towny first couldnt we, those alive in thread, direct them on who to kill during the night? Like we could take two votes during the day. Vote 1 = the official lynch vote, Vote 2 = the unnofficial, NK whoever has majority.

Pral Question: Do we see roles when we lynch someone and do the mafia have a NK in this game? I ask because at night those who are dead vote on who dies that night. So it would make sense for the mafia to not have an NK right? Or else two people die and thats crazy fast.

I almost forgot this game wasnt experimental.

Yes, you will see the roles and alignment when someone is lynched

As to whether the mafia has NK this game, PAFO :)

Oh @Pral If someone is dead and an android, is to cool for them to leave messages/posts/cases about living players for the active players to read and use once night ends? I assume so but I wanna check with you first.

Not only they can leave messages, but they can post actively, discuss stuff/gameplay during night. They are virtually like a normal player during night. 

Living players can also post during night. FYI

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends

;_;

I'm sorry Lenlo... I'll see how things progress, but as of right now you give me shivers.. like the cold breath of a wolf down my neck...

Ouch.

Dice, don't lynch Zander. The wolves have to eat him.

Ohhhh...

I´m soon going to bed but just wanted to let you know that I´m feeling so happy right now. I´ll probably get some kind of anxiety attack tomorrow when there are 20 pages of spam but right now I got this great fealing. Almost like when I started to play. Ah... 

I want to apologize for this in advance put its not gonna slow my roll so glgl Tina!!!!!

:D I might have to skip your posts or lynch you then. 

Good night everyone!

SAVAGE

Talk about a fast start.  >_>

Merry Christmas!  We have to go visit my parents an hour away yet.  I'll dive in tonight.

Merry Christmas! 

nobody else has earned a card yet

considering it the highest prize in our new society.

I will fight for one of those cards. I will kill for one of those cards. Just name a name.

You don't kill to be in the village you lynch wolves.

Still brown nosing for the village card. Not a good look.

Reminds me of a wolf sniffing at the door hoping someone will open it.

Happy Christmas!

<3

Joyful Christmas!

I have to say Pizza, the lack of huge numbers of words in your posts is disturbing.

Joke or serious? 

Tell me about my double VC plan! Gimme thoughts Zander, I know you can have them!

Ill have to re read the rules for the first part cause I kinda dont understand but I will do so after when i get the chance.

Thoughts:

Cory-  Has looked fine thus far nothing to set my off

Pizza- Same as Cory.

Sooh- Liked her little Sass.  It was something i noted in her town game.  easy to fake but like it so far.

You-  Good so far.

Nolder- Waiting

Besie- Shes only played 1 game where she was scum.  She was confident and did well in that role so Ill have to see more before I can form an opinion.

BFG- Nothing real bad but I guess I thought id see i dont know more...enthauism, I know she hates randing Mafia but its early.  Something i watching.

Nikon- No idea not much and never played with before

Dice- His reaction to my point are a little much imo.  Someone certainly on my radar atp.

Shad- Nothing

Tina-  Ive played with before but have found scummy generally.  Dont have a solid read on her at all atp

I dont think I missed anybody???

Your wait is over, I'm here. Sup.

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? Cause if we lynch a towny first couldnt we, those alive in thread, direct them on who to kill during the night? Like we could take two votes during the day. Vote 1 = the official lynch vote, Vote 2 = the unnofficial, NK whoever has majority.

Pral Question: Do we see roles when we lynch someone and do the mafia have a NK in this game? I ask because at night those who are dead vote on who dies that night. So it would make sense for the mafia to not have an NK right? Or else two people die and thats crazy fast.

I can't think of any reason that purposefully lynching town is a good idea.

Scenario 1: lynch mafia Day 1, the night vote will kill town. So we're one town down, one mafia down, barring other shenanigans...

Scenario 2: lynch town on purpose Day 1, the night vote will kill either town or mafia, best case scenario we're still one town one mafia down, worst case scenario we're 2 town down...

Just lynch the mafia imo

Letting people know who you'd vote to kill at night is a good idea though :)

BFG is town.

Lenlo you around still?

Why dont you wanna talk to me....sadface.gif.

Because I wanted to ask Lenlo about his read on Dice ldo

ok but.....

:wub:

The rules/setup of this game are a little confusing for me so imma just stick with my KISS Rule!!!

Keep It Simple Stupid- JUST LUNCH THE WOLVES!!!!!

Xander town as well. 

I dont understand why you are fighting this.

We lynch Town D1 - We control the mafia NK hopefully, kill the scummiest person by thread consensus.

We lynch Scum D1 - Scum get to control the N1 NK, game continues as normal.

Yeah your right, D1/N1 scum lynchs/vigs are uncommon. But it doesnt matter if we arnt using a vig shot. We are using the mafias own NK. Seriously we pick a name out of a freaking hat, 25% change to get mafia on the lynch, 27% chance on the NK.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KEEPING TWO VCS TODAY HURT TOWN?

Scenario 1: We kill a townie to control the 2nd vote...where we could still be wrong

Scenario  2: Scum get to control N1 NK and game is normal

What's the problem with Scenario 2 again exactly?

I mean I want to lynch the mafia but if we're wrong...you get what you want anyway.

So what's the big deal?

Ah sorry sorry. I completely forgot about the customary stupid tax slap. Consider it done.

Still sucking up...

Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion, 

I think we're most likely going to kill more town than mafia anyway, so unless we do a magical Christmas sweep of scumbags town should have control over the NK. I read the initial post to mean that we didn't have a traditional scum NK, but I'll wait until post N1 to make any conclusions. 

Reading people is hard. I wish I had more from Nikon, but I'll give him a temporary Christmas pass for now. As for Lenlo, he does seem more towny to me after a few pages. I'm a bit worried about clearing him for derpy reasons though. 

Dice and ZanZan are not reading each other right I think, but nothing makes me think scum tactics yet.

I don't follow where he could start looking more townie.

I need a specific post number where you began to change your mind. Or even a page number would be helpful. If you would please, my dear.

Tough to give specifics on a tone read. Add that to that the fact that his tone has changed for me now. His first posts seemed guarded as far as I remember.

Like I said earlier I almost want to derp clear him for posting that he wants to lynch villagers, but then again Tina brings up a fair point about him here.

Why would that be clearing?

Hi Nolder :smile:

Hello. I don't think we've played before.

Not yet. This is only my second game. :happy:

I am going to make a slight rule change.

As such, the number of characters in this movie are less and I don't want people to play the game based on the characters. So, 

CHARACTER CLAIMS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Yes, sir.

I am also all caught up, but I have to stop playing for a while.

See you in many hours.

Current lean

Askthepizzaguy (Oh hai! I put myself at the top of my own list again!)
Dice +11 ** Some counterindicators/worries about deepwolfin, but feel even stronger about Dice's opening in general than last game which was a solid townread
Cory +9 Villagery af
Zander +9 so many null posts because you're you. Still, it's nice to see you're villaging again.
BFG +3 Looking better than last game. :)
BlomBesie +1 I need more time to read you.
Nikon +0 Nothing bad, think you're town but I can't base that on much yet.
Nolder 0 <--------Most of Nolder's stuff is within the past several posts and I haven't sat and mulled them yet. Preliminary: Looks good! Probably above Besie!
Tina -1 Early bad stuff (2 posts) mitigated a bit, possible distancing from Lenlo in progress. But, hey, looking better.

Shad -1 POE and didn't like his opener post. Should be null but it's not null.
Sooh -6 Nulls and questionable posts and outright weirdness. I need more villageriness.
Lenlo -18 He's at about 95% of where BFG was last game already. It's all been bad, every one. I stopped giving him scum points at a certain point because there was little point.

Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion, 

I think we're most likely going to kill more town than mafia anyway, so unless we do a magical Christmas sweep of scumbags town should have control over the NK. I read the initial post to mean that we didn't have a traditional scum NK, but I'll wait until post N1 to make any conclusions. 

Reading people is hard. I wish I had more from Nikon, but I'll give him a temporary Christmas pass for now. As for Lenlo, he does seem more towny to me after a few pages. I'm a bit worried about clearing him for derpy reasons though. 

Dice and ZanZan are not reading each other right I think, but nothing makes me think scum tactics yet.

I don't follow where he could start looking more townie.

I need a specific post number where you began to change your mind. Or even a page number would be helpful. If you would please, my dear.

Tough to give specifics on a tone read. Add that to that the fact that his tone has changed for me now. His first posts seemed guarded as far as I remember.

Like I said earlier I almost want to derp clear him for posting that he wants to lynch villagers, but then again Tina brings up a fair point about him here.

Why would that be clearing?

The answer is I don't know. I felt yesterday like I was condemning him too soon, so I was looking for more villageryness in his posts today. Bear in mind I've read the posts only once so far so I'm going off memory. I haven't started rereading yet and I won't really do that for a while. 

You're all making good points about Lenlo, so I should perhaps have gone with my initial read. I was just worried it was too easy. Right now though it seems the villager shoe doesn't fit for him. 

Not sure where you get all my minus points from. I pointed out last night that I thought Lenlo was behaving strangely. Today I decided to give him a pass for a while. I may have been wrong about giving him a pass, but I know how much it sucks to be condemned for having awkward tone, which it seems like you're doing to me now. 

@ zander    this  Zander was putting words in my mouth when called on it was all like oh ok   but im still right.     is why i voted

len at none point   and iso isnt working so i cant quote it   you were like   dont know if thats vilagery of dice or not   that heming and hawing

Ok ty.  i think you jumped at something pretty weak there Dice but tbh I can see you doing that as either alignment fwiw.

After reading the thread my main focus is on Lenlo. 

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

So you are saying that Dice is mafia then? This is interesting in two ways:

1. You asked Pral a question about the nk in the thread once he had gone. You knew we would not get an answer in some time. But then you assume that there are no ordinary nk´s and base your ideas on that as if it was true. That made me think that you had tmi. 

2. If you think that Dice is mafia (like I take it), then it´s weird that you are not voting him. 

Alright. I disagree but thats your opinion. Id like a quote when you get the chance so I can see exactly what you mean cause if thats all you got its still weak as I have said in many games that I am bad at reading you and dont see what others do when they call you town.

Thing is though, your not voting me for that one point. You voted me when I told you your opinion on the 2nd VC was poorly backed up/explained. You got annoyed at me and voted me. then you come back with this later. Im gonna need an actual case before I take your vote on me seriously. I hope you understand.

The way you seem to point out Dice as mafia (without saying it explicity) and then saying it´s just observations and ask him to understand that you don´t like his case makes me think of a mafia that doesn´t dare to follow through. 

As for Dice, I think he is town. I think he has been overreacting but the way he is been active and started to get serious gives me that feeling. 

[unvote]

[v] Lenlo [/v]

I dont hate Tina's logic here. 

First!!! ...[snipped by Pizza]

Posted before the mod. Obv scum. ...[snipped by Pizza]

How serious is this, Lenlo? (bolded)

He's made some direct scum call out type posts.  I need to think on this and re read.  If feels a little like Matrix from him. 

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends

;_;

I'm sorry Lenlo... I'll see how things progress, but as of right now you give me shivers.. like the cold breath of a wolf down my neck... 

I want specifics here.

What is Lenlo doing which makes you shiver? As descriptive as you can.

Sooh this is one of those posts that makes me stop and and groan!!! 

Were they or were they not iyo?

It may just be my opinion but I feel that people who use the "Derp" excuse to clear someone is more likely Mafia themselves...(FYI- what I tried to do to NotBob at first in Diablo)

Then after all is said and done....you leave a possible out.

I know IM HORRIBLE at reading you Sooh...but you are now on my radar!!!!

Last one was Pg 1. This is Pg 2

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

I cant wait to see it thats for sure.

LOL Dice! Hi everyone :happy:

Are you town????!!!!

we may need to leave her alive a couple of days even if she isnt. We need to get some tells for her...

The bold actually doesnt sit right with me. Leave her alive even if she isnt town? Are you saying you know she isnt town, that if we somehow mechanically find her to be scum we shouldnt lynch her or what? Cause if we know she isnt town wouldnt that mean we already found tells/errors in her play? This doesnt sit right with me Dice.

Red- deja vu

Maroon- reaching

Wolfy brainwave detected. Exterminating the pesky intruder.

THIS IS MY VILLAGE, WOLF.

Vote: Lenlo

Interesting Pizza.  Im catching up now....I'll see what you say but I may ask you to elaborate more on Len.

Pizza, Cory have you played together before?

Matrix, where he fooled-ed me good. Also Zander.

But they're both townies this game.

You're clearing both if us pretty early this game brother.  I felt I towned pretty solidly last game and it took you awhile to clear me.  Can you explain your reads on us some please.

cause ure killing more townies early BFG and for no real gain. townies are probably gonna outnumber the mafia later on anyway and at that time will have more info

a worst case type scenario? dead people kill town thats 1 mafia kill town thats 2 vig kills town thats 3 sk really stretching kills town 4

thats FOUR town dead in one night. its TOTALLY a worst case stretch but this isnt a basic game

We don't know theres a vig and Pral said the double lynch was being balanced by town having fewer roles.

But regardless, I'm not asking why the night lynch itself is a bad idea, but why a second vote to keep track of who the still living players would lynch at night is a bad idea.

No we dont  but like i said thats me stretching a worst case scenario

I just want to state my opinion on the entire argument that originated from this post:

I think Len was just honestly trying to explain his idea on a possible tactic. I can see your opinion, Len, but I think I'm going to stick to Zander's KISS rule. To me, it feels like keeping town alive is more important than having them as droids for the NK's.

Besie not being considered for lynch today!!!!!

+1 to the above.

Clarify- keeping village alive.

vouch Pizza here!!!!

Recommended:

Everyone should name a minimum of 2 suspects a day. If one dies, their second suspect counts as a vote for the other at night.

preference is always for the top 1 suspect, ofc.

I'm going to reread before telling you my two top suspects.

Let me know what you come back with please!!!

Hey Zander, im number two in posts and you have more than twice as many as me. Dangit man.

Seems like a really bizarre thing for a villager to be concerned with this early in the game.

Reads to me like you're consciously trying to win the sort by postcount scum war, and feel the need to highlight you're posting.

Totally unnecessary and several of your other posts also read like fishing for villager points. It's not working for me.

You're radiating scumitude so much that I need to encase you in lead and dump you at the bottom of a cooling pond. I'm also ready to pull the trigger with no regrets.

FWIW-  He could be just looking at how to Town like a Pro 101 from me!!!!

lololololololol

Your... what?

You're throwing the kitchen sink at my top villager. Reaction to being voted feels guilty.

It's interesting the last bit of bold, you're discussing stuff which never crossed my mind, and I am a villager not in the know.

You're assuming they don't have a nightkill. That's a really friggin odd thing to assume ever.

Why is DIce your top town read atp Pizza?  Also one could day I went at Dice too.  How come youre not mentioning me at all or is it the difference in approach?

Archived