DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, Ocarina of Time.

Well we can wait or it could end literally now. I'm ready now.

I'm certainly not trying to make anyone else rush into a lynch, so if others want to hold off, they're certainly welcome to.

I've made my case for why I think Zander firstly and RTE secondly are scum. RTE has only made me think even more so he is scum. I personally see no reason to stall, but to each his own.

Well, we are getting serious. 

I do not post much. I'm full time in school and full time working, so I will post once, maybe twice a day. 

What I think so far is that there has been a lot of spam. Spiderman/Batman stuff is all fluff.

Hallia not posting much makes me nervous. Needs to come play. 

Dice is Dice.

--

Did I miss anyone?

[v]Hallia[/v]

I will start there!

What is the difference between Hally and me at this point?

@Zander: My unvote post was without doubt my first game-related post. Also, if I seem defensive to you, well, that sounds good, because I hear that very often when town. Apparently it's part of my meta even though I try not to be too defensive.

no it doesnt

someone verify?

:rolleyes:

I will confirm that Ley is Defensive a LOT

@Zander - what have I done to make you think there's any chance I'm scum?

You are in the game

I doubt he'll say anything to change my mind.

This worries me. We are 14 pages in and ure mind is locked already?

@RTE my problem with you is that you didn't just throw down a vote, you justified it (though not well) which makes me see it as going for a lynch not a reaction. You're reasoning did not make much sense. And now you seem to only be interested in stalling and getting eyes off you, not moving forward with the game like you claim you were trying to. Instead of giving any new information or insights, you invite and say you really aren't sure who you think is scum. This seems like trying to back down because you know you're found out.

The only reason Zander is higher on mg list than you is because hey jumped on the vote quickly without so much as even coming up with weak accusations like yourself. This seemed like an opportunistic bandwagoning attempt that he tried to hide with spam.

The fact that you are trying to clear him as town makes me even more suspicious of both of you.

But you arnt voting your top scum read on D1 with days left to go because of a  lack of support? and voting consolidation already?  Not buying.

vote Talmanes

I am not scum. Those were my impressions at a time when most people weren't giving any. I wanted to get a conversation and gauge a reaction from Ley based on my vote. I think both of these things happen.

I think Yates is town here as is Zander. I understand that people who haven't played with him would be wary but his play thus far looks town to me.

I find it notoriously difficult to read Hallia. But I do think her early posts looked like someone trying to look very town. This isn't unlike her usual play but it doesn't mean I am not wary of her in most games.

I wanted to prod Ley a bit and see what happened. His game was very clean thus far and he was less emotional and reactive than usual. I liked how he responded to me.

Verbal is a null for me so I'm wary. I don't play with Leelou enough but I know she is experienced and have played with her before. Won't be able to read her until later.

Rhea looks town here. Talmanes I haven't played with yet. Excited to see what BFG brings to the table. Saw nothing noteworthy from Seph.

Unvote

Your scum team. What is it?

Also, how do you manage to not have the unvote bolded when it's as easy as [ unvote ]?

@Talmanes: It's a hybrid hammer, there's no need to consolidate. The longest train is lynched, majority or not.

VC

Yates (1) - Seph

RTE (4) - AJ, Hallia, Yates, Leelou

Ley (1) - Zander

Zander (1) - Talmanes

Talmanes (1) - Dice

Not voting:  Verb,  Ley, Rhea, RTE

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. 

Deadline is Friday 9 PM CET. 

Countdown

I counted RTE´s unvote but I don´t think Talmanes unvoted before he voted again. Correct me if I´m wrong. 

Trying to draw me out isn't going to work, RTE. It doesn't take a lot of reading to realize that, actually, I belong to a minority that has already made a game-related post.

Interesting that this was your first impression of the vote. Why is that?

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

Not sure how you're getting that he was playing carefully or restrained at the point you voted him, or how you would expect him to change your viewpoint based on the content he's provided.

RTE typical gameplay from what I've seen. 

What was typical about it?

People in the game who are not me.

Dicey imo

Probably.

stuffs like this as well.

"I love me some me."

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

That's not the way it looked to me when your follow through was Batman pics and more Spidey memes.

Oh and @ Andrej - I believe you were in the last game I played, quite a while ago. I've also seen a lot of you around the BT to know some of your style.

I think I remember now. Time's Once Upon a Time game? You were mafia, iirc.

I can get people that have never played with me maybe thinking that was a weird or "opportunistic" push. But I expect people like you, AJ, Zander, Verb, and even Seph himself to know my game better than that.

Personally, I don't really have much reason to be town reading you yet.

Also, I'm not sure why you're asking Seph for his interpretation when that has nothing to do with Leelou's POV.

These reads look totally made up to me. Like, it's CRAZY how made up they look.

Have to agree here though. I don't see how he came to those conclusions based on such little real content.

It's my early impressions. Wanted to help get the game started. Over 100 posts and almost none were gameplay. So I put my thoughts out there. I stand by those impressions. 

Meh.

I'm getting a little sad about the implications of this post and the direction I can clearly see you going in.

I wouldn't mind you expanding on this a little.

what do you think Yates?

i wanted a reaction and i got one.

have i voted you?  that should tell anyone who has played with me something there...

What reaction were you looking for/got and what do you think it means regarding Yates?

would NOT have. Would NOT have expected to put me there.

Why? Do you feel up to that point there was any reason to be putting you anything other than null? Or town, more specifically?

Egwene stepped into Tel´aran´rhiod. The World of Dreams had always been dangerous, unpredictable. Lately, it was even more so. The grand city of Tear reflected strangely in the dream, the buildings weathered as if by a hundred years of storms. The city walls were now little more than ten feet high, their tops rounded and smooth, blown by the wind. Buildings inside had worn away, leaving foundations and lumps of weathered stone.

Chilled by the sight, Egwene turned toward the Stone. It, at least, stood as it had. Tall, strong, unchanged by the weathering of the winds. That comforted her. 

Important??

Don't remember if this is a passage from the book or something.

That's my question, Leelou.

Was that a push?

You said "No, it was needless and annoying" which leads me to believe you don't think that was a push.

How are we BACK to you calling it a push???

Meh. Not sure what sort of reaction/analysis you were going to get from it. Don't really like how you're focused on the wording either.

I am not scum. Those were my impressions at a time when most people weren't giving any. I wanted to get a conversation and gauge a reaction from Ley based on my vote. I think both of these things happen.

I think Yates is town here as is Zander. I understand that people who haven't played with him would be wary but his play thus far looks town to me.

I find it notoriously difficult to read Hallia. But I do think her early posts looked like someone trying to look very town. This isn't unlike her usual play but it doesn't mean I am not wary of her in most games.

I wanted to prod Ley a bit and see what happened. His game was very clean thus far and he was less emotional and reactive than usual. I liked how he responded to me.

Verbal is a null for me so I'm wary. I don't play with Leelou enough but I know she is experienced and have played with her before. Won't be able to read her until later.

Rhea looks town here. Talmanes I haven't played with yet. Excited to see what BFG brings to the table. Saw nothing noteworthy from Seph.

Unvote

First bold: Explain your intent a little better, because to me it looks like you took 3 posts from Ley and characterized them as aligning with whatever scum meta you supposedly have.

Second bold: You said that you associate a non-reactive Ley as being scum. To me, it looked like he took the whole thing pretty cooly. Seems he thought you were just trying to call him out and didn't react in an emotional manner imo. So seeing that and looking at what you say about his meta - how was his response a good one iyo? Shouldn't that have been EXACTLY what you were looking for if you thought he could be scum?

Hello :)

Hi! :wub:

@Talmanes: It's a hybrid hammer, there's no need to consolidate. The longest train is lynched, majority or not.

Not a huge fan of Talmanes switching like that - but it could just be that he's unfamiliar with the lynch mechanics.

Trying to draw me out isn't going to work, RTE. It doesn't take a lot of reading to realize that, actually, I belong to a minority that has already made a game-related post.

Interesting that this was your first impression of the vote. Why is that?

Because he's been going after me every game for several games in a row now and got it incorrect every time.

Egwene stepped into Tel´aran´rhiod. The World of Dreams had always been dangerous, unpredictable. Lately, it was even more so. The grand city of Tear reflected strangely in the dream, the buildings weathered as if by a hundred years of storms. The city walls were now little more than ten feet high, their tops rounded and smooth, blown by the wind. Buildings inside had worn away, leaving foundations and lumps of weathered stone.

Chilled by the sight, Egwene turned toward the Stone. It, at least, stood as it had. Tall, strong, unchanged by the weathering of the winds. That comforted her. 

Important??

Don't remember if this is a passage from the book or something.

If you'd have read the opening post, you wouldn't be asking that question. Of course you could also have read it while wondering about wheter it was important or not.

Not a huge fan of Talmanes switching like that - but it could just be that he's unfamiliar with the lynch mechanics.

He's been gone for a while, and when he was here before that, hybrid hammers were very uncommon, so that could be it. It took some getting used to for me, too.

Leelou

Ley

Talmanes

Hallia

Dice

Everyone else pretty much null atm.

Might color RTE a nice brick red because I think his "impressions" early are hollow and his reverse on Ley doesn't really fit with what he said originally when he voted him.

Ley seems okay for how he reacted to RTE's poke. He's involved and gearing up and iirc the last time we played in Darthe's game he made himself pretty clear. Hoping to see that again.

Talmanes trended down a bit because I don't like the theory behind moving to RTE over Zander at this point when the crux of his case on Zander was that he looked to be joining an easy bandwagon on Ley. Could be that he just isn't familiar with how hybrid games work, but I still want to see how he progresses. I still liked our conversation earlier.

Hallia seems okay - hoping she continues being involved.

Dice is almost purely soulread.

1) Because he's been going after me every game for several games in a row now and got it incorrect every time.

2) If you'd have read the opening post, you wouldn't be asking that question. Of course you could also have read it while wondering about wheter it was important or not.

1) Okay.

2) Yeah - really I just don't remember if that's a quote from the book or not, which is why I asked. If it's just a quote then probably not important. Not too focused on it at this stage, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Why do you give up so easily? If you are town, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't get lynched, because you are for certain a mislynch, while someone else might be mafia. (yes, I know, later on that sometimes changes, but on Day 1 certainly not)

I don't really have an exact reads list yet, because I base D1 reads mostly off of general feelings, but I think it'd be this order, from town to mafia:

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's all very close, though. From "town side of null" to "scum side of null", basically, and most could move up or down one or two places.

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

That's not the way it looked to me when your follow through was Batman pics and more Spidey memes.

Per my invisible post...

I'm going to use up all the spiderman so Verb can't use it.

Do you feel up to that point there was any reason to be putting you anything other than null? Or town, more specifically?

You just made my point. In my mind I should have been no lower than null for either of them. But what's weirder is this... Leelou had me 3rd most scummy.. Zander had me 3rd most scummy.

I don't really have an exact reads list yet, because I base D1 reads mostly off of general feelings, but I think it'd be this order, from town to mafia:

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's *still* happening. How are these guys all placing me in exactly the 3rd most scummy spot? Coincidence? You know I don't believe in coincidence in mafia games. There's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Not sure what sort of reaction/analysis you were going to get from it. Don't really like how you're focused on the wording either.

???

The reaction I was looking for was... ANY?

The reason I focused on the word push is because I wanted to know if she thought it was a legit push vs an activity prod?

And both of these things were covered later. So this leads me to YOUR reads list. What the ACTUAL crap is this? Leelou is DARK green for you? Really?? You quoted her all of zero times and give me exactly zero reasons to be convinced this is a real read. Which is ironic given your RTE read on two levels. One, you are calling RTE "brick red" for doing the same thing and TWO, *I* am the mf-er that challenged RTE on that spurious reads list in the first place, yet you have me firmly in null as if I hadn't already answered all of your concerns above OR driven that conversation.

[unvote]

RTE jumped to some conclusions on Day 1 with what is POTENTIALLY a fake read list. But I don't understand the CONVICTION with which you or Talmanes are pursuing this wagon as if it is actually a slam-dunk case. It's not. It's just a reasonably mediocre case for a Day 1 lynch. But the more important thing is how people are treating this wagon. And it's fishy.

I'm more inclined to vote AJ or Talmanes at this point.

I'm going to be traveling for work today but I'm going to reassess the state of the game when I get back. I'm not having fun right now and that usually means it's because one of my friends is scum. And that stinks.

Long story short:

RTE is probably just an easy mislynch.

Leelou is probably Town.

AJ is probably scum trying to pocket her.

AJ is probably scum with Talmanes.

Leelou is not getting pocketed by AJ. The more AJ has Leelou as town, the more paranoid she gets. Heh. 

Archived