DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

So I quote the post where I state exactly why I'm doing it - to steal all the Verb spiderman memes. 

This concept is dumb and is the one you keep pushing as if it makes you look good.

I'm gonna prevent a bunch of spam by creating it myself? Awesome job, dude.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...I'm already in trouble for being online at work so I'm gonna make this quick. This probably in reverse order. Sorry...

Okay - I'm having a problem with this game already.

This universal Hally Town read is really REALLY bothering me. How is Hally green already? She can easily fake involvement for a day phase. This isn't new information. PLUS - she hasn't been THAT involved. Not enough that you guys are giving her a dark green read for, anyway? What am I missing? This isn't even to say I think Hally's scummy [though she's had some sketch] but what the heck, people?

For me, it is the light jabs she's throwing out that show she's reading the thread and looking for stuff to scumhunt with.  Sealing the deal is that I agree with what she's pointing out, and it doesn't feel like a stretch to me.  Early 'legit' scumhunting is a towntell for many people, Hallia included.  I was so bad at reading her for quite a while, and then the light bulb turned on and I've been pretty accurate with reads on her ever since.  I'm not clearing her or anything, or else I'd have her as blue.  But I am taking her off the table for any type of lynch discussion until she does something to place her there.  Same deal with Leelou - my greens are not getting lynched while I'm alive.

This ^^

I've played with Hallia in many games and there is a difference. She would make a terrible poker player. (Love ya Mentee!)

Evening <3

Hello :)

Why Rhea had you so high on her town list.

So then you change your mind about Verbal? I didn't see anything that I thought was scummy to start with. It's still early. 

Because you've all put your eggs in one (wrong) basket and there is nothing close to a viable competing trains. At least if everyone gives a reads list go from there after my lynch. 

Deadline is sometime tomorrow? Show us who is scum if you are town. This tail between your legs thing isn't helping your case at all. 

Im not sure I like this exchange. 

And BFG. 

Morning.

Rhea,why would you have Verb so high? What has he done to merit it?

What has he done not to?

Yes. When I struggle to understand the rationale behind the vote.

I know why I have Verb as a high null for example. So if you have a problem why not ask? I agree with the BFG read being odd though.

Why is the BFG read odd? 

That's my point. You have two players who hadn't really done...well...anything game related that warranted such a townish read. Verb at least has now done so.

I surprisingly do well at poker! XD

I am a horrid liar otherwise.

Ley...I completely forgot you in my list. Sorry.

I need to get off here and I have a meeting after work. I will be on before I hit the sack though. 

I need to have time really read this stuff. You guys need to not make too many assumptions on what I'm posting because I really haven't had time to look at it properly. Most of what I post is gut feelings. I'm not a great caser. Is caser a word?

Ok...my boss is staring at me.  :dry: GTG!

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  Can you explain it as if I'm dumb(er than I look)?

He's saying that he wasn't defending Rhea, but questioning Halla's logic instead.

So if I was hoping for some insight into town!Yates' mind, or if maaaaayyyyyybe I was making a potential scum!Yates have to make something up to answer my question, he can now just lean on your answer instead.

Not that I would need AJ's help but I thought that was abundantly clear??

Here's the entire unedited post being called into question by AJ in his argument:

Lol I think it's a great reads list!

Don't understand some of them like RTE but I don't see why you would vote her for it? She hasn't even explained how she arrived at those reads yet.

I literally asked Hally why disagreeing with a reads list was enough to vote someone. People disagree on reads ALL THE TIME. That simple.

Then I went on to explain that the reason I wasn't following the logic is because Rhea hadn't even explained any of her reads yet. You'd think someone would ASK HER how she got those reads???

Somehow AJ is trying to equate THAT to my questioning of him and saying it's somehow a double standard. Which is farcical.

Good morning!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night. Was up late with homework and passed out. At work now, going to be on/off all day. WIll try to post more.

Here's a few things....

@Dice, what was different at that point between you and Hally was meta. I just played with both of you and I didn't see anything different in your D1 play to that point, but Hally was too quiet for D1.

@Leelou, yes I unvoted Hally easily enough, she came in with a decent amount of posts and they read pretty decently to me. 

@ AJ, RTE at that point hadn't posted anything that I read as scummy. You may have a different point of view, but that was my opinion. 

My reads from town to scum...

Leelou
BFG
Yates
Verbal
RTE
Hallia
Dice
Zander
AJ
Talmanes

I will try to get back on at lunch and post why I read that way. 

OK...I'm already in trouble for being online at work so I'm gonna make this quick. This probably in reverse order. Sorry...

Okay - I'm having a problem with this game already.

This universal Hally Town read is really REALLY bothering me. How is Hally green already? She can easily fake involvement for a day phase. This isn't new information. PLUS - she hasn't been THAT involved. Not enough that you guys are giving her a dark green read for, anyway? What am I missing? This isn't even to say I think Hally's scummy [though she's had some sketch] but what the heck, people?

For me, it is the light jabs she's throwing out that show she's reading the thread and looking for stuff to scumhunt with.  Sealing the deal is that I agree with what she's pointing out, and it doesn't feel like a stretch to me.  Early 'legit' scumhunting is a towntell for many people, Hallia included.  I was so bad at reading her for quite a while, and then the light bulb turned on and I've been pretty accurate with reads on her ever since.  I'm not clearing her or anything, or else I'd have her as blue.  But I am taking her off the table for any type of lynch discussion until she does something to place her there.  Same deal with Leelou - my greens are not getting lynched while I'm alive.

This ^^

I've played with Hallia in many games and there is a difference. She would make a terrible poker player. (Love ya Mentee!)

Evening <3

Hello :)

Why Rhea had you so high on her town list.

So then you change your mind about Verbal? I didn't see anything that I thought was scummy to start with. It's still early. 

Because you've all put your eggs in one (wrong) basket and there is nothing close to a viable competing trains. At least if everyone gives a reads list go from there after my lynch. 

Deadline is sometime tomorrow? Show us who is scum if you are town. This tail between your legs thing isn't helping your case at all. 

Im not sure I like this exchange. 

And BFG. 

Morning.

Rhea,why would you have Verb so high? What has he done to merit it?

What has he done not to?

Yes. When I struggle to understand the rationale behind the vote.

I know why I have Verb as a high null for example. So if you have a problem why not ask? I agree with the BFG read being odd though.

Why is the BFG read odd? 

I want to see the reasons for your reads list plz rhea

Hiya BFG - gimme some thoughts lady!

AJ - Do you think Rhea and Yates could be teammates?

I dont.

So I quote the post where I state exactly why I'm doing it - to steal all the Verb spiderman memes.

This concept is dumb and is the one you keep pushing as if it makes you look good.

I'm gonna prevent a bunch of spam by creating it myself? Awesome job, dude.

A. I don't care if you think it's dumb. I didn't ask for your opinion. We aren't hydra.

B. I'm not pushing it as if it makes me look good. I used that as an argument as to WHY I did it since people made it sound like I was spamming for the sake of spamming.

C. Thanks. And by "BUNCH OF SPAM" I would like to go ahead and quantify that BUNCH for you. 6. I posted 6 pictures. EGREGIOUS!!!

Hiya BFG - gimme some thoughts lady!

<snip>

Lol, so far nothing but generic stuff. At the moment the thread is out of sequence and I'm missing at least 8 pages all together.

In a generic sense a Day 1 RTE train worries me as he's normally a pretty easy mislynch when town, but I haven't reached the reason for the votes yet so I may well be wrong. The train's also died and no others built, so that's also interesting.

Paying attention to Talmanes after the conversation last night. I'm not sure yet if it's just a different play style.

Not sure I really get the argument that Yates was trying to derail the thread either, or at least he wasn't the only one posting spam at the time. From what I can see so far, AJ and Talmanes got ~pretty serious early on, Hallia and Leelou were mixing serious and fluff to different degrees. Yates, Verb, Zander were more fluff than other stuff. Although Yates had also been engaging people very early game. In general the game had been pretty light though and no deadline posted...

I feel like you're over exaggerating the importance of my vote. Its a good way to ensure said person doesn't ignore you. If she were at l-2 or some such I could see the big deal. But she's not. She has my vote on her and that's it. Can you see why the fuss you're putting up over it is raising red flags?

It's a double standard because you are saying it makes me look suspicious but don't comment on the fact Rhea also didn't provide evidence.

You haven't outright said one way or another, actually, so I suppose you could answer that question now.

Does your logic only apply to me and not her? Why/why not?

The sequence being the posts that could actually have been commented on that were relevant to gameplay instead of more spam before you were gone for the night.

How is that hard to understand???

It isn't You just haven't showed me how my SIX PICTURES interrupted scum hunting. It should be quite simple. You post a link to some scum hunting that was happening. Then OH NO!!! YATES IS DERAILING THE THREAD HERE!!!

Takes like - two links. 3 if you want to go crazy.

I feel like you're over exaggerating the importance of my vote.

LOL - I'm not going to requote my post because I *JUST* did it in response to Verb. No. I don't get the fuss. People disagree about reads all the time. You voted because you disagreed with her reads without asking her to prov her reads. Seemed weird so I asked you about it. Because that's my job.

It's a double standard because you are saying it makes me look suspicious but don't comment on the fact Rhea also didn't provide evidence.

You haven't outright said one way or another, actually, so I suppose you could answer that question now.

Does your logic only apply to me and not her? Why/why not?

I haven't actually said ANYTHING about Rhea. I asked Hally why she voted for someone simply for disagreeing with a reads list.

Dice is the first person to ASK Rhea to explain her reads list. And he JUST did it.

My argument with you was me reading you. That has nothing to do with anyone else. We'll see how she responds to Dice. If it's an empty list? I'll have questions for her too.

It isn't You just haven't showed me how my SIX PICTURES interrupted scum hunting. It should be quite simple. You post a link to some scum hunting that was happening. Then OH NO!!! YATES IS DERAILING THE THREAD HERE!!!

This argument is becoming pointless.

Show me where I said that you interrupted scum hunting. I said that there were posts you could've commented on but instead posted spam. My entire point has been that you claimed to have ended it and that I said it was false.

If you want examples, I have already given them. Look at pg 5-6. Talmanes/Leelou start talking. Hallia gives out an early read that could've been clarified. Was it much to comment on? Not exactly - but for the current state of the game I think you could've at least mentioned them versus posting your last few memes/video, "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" line before you were gone for the night. The thread progressed from that point because players like myself, Leelou, Talmanes, Ley started to interact and things picked up the next morning.

This argument is becoming pointless.

Show me where I said that you interrupted scum hunting. I said that there were posts you could've commented on but instead posted spam. My entire point has been that you claimed to have ended it and that I said it was false.

If you want examples, I have already given them. Look at pg 5-6. Talmanes/Leelou start talking. Hallia gives out an early read that could've been clarified. Was it much to comment on? Not exactly - but for the current state of the game I think you could've at least mentioned them versus posting your last few memes/video, "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" line before you were gone for the night. The thread progressed from that point because players like myself, Leelou, Talmanes, Ley started to interact and things picked up the next morning.

Ok, I think I misread you earlier :blush: nvm

That's not really my style of play. I try not to lead a crusade against someone unless I have something to go on. Once there is more content and I can catch hints of things here and there I will compile and post.

I'm willing to let some spam slip because it's day one, and I know that for at least some of the people doing it it's their normal posting style. I don't think were in too much danger of a deadline so for now I'll wait and watch and see what happens.

What changed your mind between this and yesterday when you were ready for Day to end?

Archived