DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

Because you've all put your eggs in one (wrong) basket and there is nothing close to a viable competing trains. At least if everyone gives a reads list go from there after my lynch. 

You do realize we have more than a day left? More than enough time for other trains, like one on AJ, to pop up.

@Yates: Sorry for putting you third. I could've also put you two places higher. There's not really a reason I didn't. As I already said, it's all very close together for me, and nothing really stands out. By the end of day 2 it's certainly not impossible people from the top of the list are at the bottom and vice versa. In fact I wouldn't have given a list yet, had RTE not asked for it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

That's not the way it looked to me when your follow through was Batman pics and more Spidey memes.

Per my invisible post...

I'm going to use up all the spiderman so Verb can't use it.

Do you feel up to that point there was any reason to be putting you anything other than null? Or town, more specifically?

You just made my point. In my mind I should have been no lower than null for either of them. But what's weirder is this... Leelou had me 3rd most scummy.. Zander had me 3rd most scummy.

I don't really have an exact reads list yet, because I base D1 reads mostly off of general feelings, but I think it'd be this order, from town to mafia:

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's *still* happening. How are these guys all placing me in exactly the 3rd most scummy spot? Coincidence? You know I don't believe in coincidence in mafia games. There's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Not sure what sort of reaction/analysis you were going to get from it. Don't really like how you're focused on the wording either.

???

The reaction I was looking for was... ANY?

The reason I focused on the word push is because I wanted to know if she thought it was a legit push vs an activity prod?

And both of these things were covered later. So this leads me to YOUR reads list. What the ACTUAL crap is this? Leelou is DARK green for you? Really?? You quoted her all of zero times and give me exactly zero reasons to be convinced this is a real read. Which is ironic given your RTE read on two levels. One, you are calling RTE "brick red" for doing the same thing and TWO, *I* am the mf-er that challenged RTE on that spurious reads list in the first place, yet you have me firmly in null as if I hadn't already answered all of your concerns above OR driven that conversation.

[unvote]

RTE jumped to some conclusions on Day 1 with what is POTENTIALLY a fake read list. But I don't understand the CONVICTION with which you or Talmanes are pursuing this wagon as if it is actually a slam-dunk case. It's not. It's just a reasonably mediocre case for a Day 1 lynch. But the more important thing is how people are treating this wagon. And it's fishy.

I'm more inclined to vote AJ or Talmanes at this point.

I'm going to be traveling for work today but I'm going to reassess the state of the game when I get back. I'm not having fun right now and that usually means it's because one of my friends is scum. And that stinks.

Yates, you are up to my high null almost town pile. I'll update my list shortly, still just waking up. 

Because you've all put your eggs in one (wrong) basket and there is nothing close to a viable competing trains. At least if everyone gives a reads list go from there after my lynch. 

Deadline is sometime tomorrow? Show us who is scum if you are town. This tail between your legs thing isn't helping your case at all. 

Townie read

Hallia - in line with her townie posts and involvement. Strongest town read I have so far

Townie lean, still null

Yates - feeling better about you now that you are digging into the game.  

Verbal - I want to put you in my town pile, but I need just a little bit more from you. You are almost there, honey. 

Ley - trending up, liking the way he's been with RTE

Dice - like his post with his vote on Talmanes, hoping to continue to see this from Dice

Firmly Null

Rhea - reservations still. Didn't like the vote on Hallia and the easy unvote. Watching for now. 

Seph BFG - [seph] less awkward than previously seen at the start, still null, waiting for BFG to really get into the game. 

Eh on the lower side of the null pile

Talmanes - I initially liked his posts, but his change to RTE from Zander felt a bit awkward, so he's trending down 

Zander - not sure if I'm going to have a very good read of Zander. Watching for a couple things I saw when I was mentoring Talya and it's too early to see if they've been hit. Not getting the best vibes from his list or interactions with Yates yesterday. 

AJ - Starting to get a bit sketched out by AJ's postings. 

RTE - Still not thrilled with his postings, if he's town I really wish he'd step it up and work towards getting out of his lynch

@Yates honestly I would be more inclined to think you were scum if you didn't remind me so much of someone I played with a long time ago. Could be really annoying, but had a way of seeking scum.

It seems I'm not going to get Zander today so I will wait and [v] Vote RTE [/v] instead. I'm perfectly happy to lynch RTE but I will be watching Zander like a hawk.

little early d1 to not vote your top scum read......

Let's hold off at putting him any higher u,til,we hear from him. It looks like he's at l-2

prolly Town!Hallia in da house

I doubt he'll say anything to change my mind.

Not re-evaluating your reads is good???

Well, we are getting serious. 

I do not post much. I'm full time in school and full time working, so I will post once, maybe twice a day. 

What I think so far is that there has been a lot of spam. Spiderman/Batman stuff is all fluff.

Hallia not posting much makes me nervous. Needs to come play. 

Dice is Dice.

--

Did I miss anyone?

[v]Hallia[/v]

I will start there!

What is the difference between Hally and me at this point?

@Zander: My unvote post was without doubt my first game-related post. Also, if I seem defensive to you, well, that sounds good, because I hear that very often when town. Apparently it's part of my meta even though I try not to be too defensive.

no it doesnt

someone verify?

:rolleyes:

I will confirm that Ley is Defensive a LOT

@Zander - what have I done to make you think there's any chance I'm scum?

You are in the game

I doubt he'll say anything to change my mind.

This worries me. We are 14 pages in and ure mind is locked already?

@RTE my problem with you is that you didn't just throw down a vote, you justified it (though not well) which makes me see it as going for a lynch not a reaction. You're reasoning did not make much sense. And now you seem to only be interested in stalling and getting eyes off you, not moving forward with the game like you claim you were trying to. Instead of giving any new information or insights, you invite and say you really aren't sure who you think is scum. This seems like trying to back down because you know you're found out.

The only reason Zander is higher on mg list than you is because hey jumped on the vote quickly without so much as even coming up with weak accusations like yourself. This seemed like an opportunistic bandwagoning attempt that he tried to hide with spam.

The fact that you are trying to clear him as town makes me even more suspicious of both of you.

But you arnt voting your top scum read on D1 with days left to go because of a  lack of support? and voting consolidation already?  Not buying.

vote Talmanes

Dice pretty towny here imo.

I am not scum. Those were my impressions at a time when most people weren't giving any. I wanted to get a conversation and gauge a reaction from Ley based on my vote. I think both of these things happen.

I think Yates is town here as is Zander. I understand that people who haven't played with him would be wary but his play thus far looks town to me.

I find it notoriously difficult to read Hallia. But I do think her early posts looked like someone trying to look very town. This isn't unlike her usual play but it doesn't mean I am not wary of her in most games.

I wanted to prod Ley a bit and see what happened. His game was very clean thus far and he was less emotional and reactive than usual. I liked how he responded to me.

Verbal is a null for me so I'm wary. I don't play with Leelou enough but I know she is experienced and have played with her before. Won't be able to read her until later.

Rhea looks town here. Talmanes I haven't played with yet. Excited to see what BFG brings to the table. Saw nothing noteworthy from Seph.

Unvote

Your scum team. What is it?

Also, how do you manage to not have the unvote bolded when it's as easy as [ unvote ]?

@Talmanes: It's a hybrid hammer, there's no need to consolidate. The longest train is lynched, majority or not.

really??

Trying to draw me out isn't going to work, RTE. It doesn't take a lot of reading to realize that, actually, I belong to a minority that has already made a game-related post.

Interesting that this was your first impression of the vote. Why is that?

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

Not sure how you're getting that he was playing carefully or restrained at the point you voted him, or how you would expect him to change your viewpoint based on the content he's provided.

RTE typical gameplay from what I've seen. 

What was typical about it?

People in the game who are not me.

Dicey imo

Probably.

stuffs like this as well.

"I love me some me."

:wub:

Let me assuage your fears, since you missed the post where I spelled it out for you. It's an intentional derail. I was trying to intentionally derail the spidey meme in advance. You're welcome.

That's not the way it looked to me when your follow through was Batman pics and more Spidey memes.

Oh and @ Andrej - I believe you were in the last game I played, quite a while ago. I've also seen a lot of you around the BT to know some of your style.

I think I remember now. Time's Once Upon a Time game? You were mafia, iirc.

I can get people that have never played with me maybe thinking that was a weird or "opportunistic" push. But I expect people like you, AJ, Zander, Verb, and even Seph himself to know my game better than that.

Personally, I don't really have much reason to be town reading you yet.

Also, I'm not sure why you're asking Seph for his interpretation when that has nothing to do with Leelou's POV.

These reads look totally made up to me. Like, it's CRAZY how made up they look.

Have to agree here though. I don't see how he came to those conclusions based on such little real content.

It's my early impressions. Wanted to help get the game started. Over 100 posts and almost none were gameplay. So I put my thoughts out there. I stand by those impressions. 

Meh.

I'm getting a little sad about the implications of this post and the direction I can clearly see you going in.

I wouldn't mind you expanding on this a little.

what do you think Yates?

i wanted a reaction and i got one.

have i voted you?  that should tell anyone who has played with me something there...

What reaction were you looking for/got and what do you think it means regarding Yates?

would NOT have. Would NOT have expected to put me there.

Why? Do you feel up to that point there was any reason to be putting you anything other than null? Or town, more specifically?

His reaction to what kinda pinged me a bit and a little pressure.  tbh i thought he was a little too defensive. not in my town pile atp.

Can everyone post a reads list please before my lynch?

meh.

Why do you give up so easily? If you are town, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't get lynched, because you are for certain a mislynch, while someone else might be mafia. (yes, I know, later on that sometimes changes, but on Day 1 certainly not)

I don't really have an exact reads list yet, because I base D1 reads mostly off of general feelings, but I think it'd be this order, from town to mafia:

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's all very close, though. From "town side of null" to "scum side of null", basically, and most could move up or down one or two places.

REALLY???!!!!......

meh...

Long story short:

RTE is probably just an easy mislynch.

Leelou is probably Town.

AJ is probably scum trying to pocket her.

AJ is probably scum with Talmanes.

well he seems to have already given up....

Gross

Gross

You do realize we have more than a day left? More than enough time for other trains, like one on AJ, to pop up.

@Yates: Sorry for putting you third. I could've also put you two places higher. There's not really a reason I didn't. As I already said, it's all very close together for me, and nothing really stands out. By the end of day 2 it's certainly not impossible people from the top of the list are at the bottom and vice versa. In fact I wouldn't have given a list yet, had RTE not asked for it.

agreed

why do you feel the need to apologize for a read?.....lololololol

Deadline is sometime tomorrow? Show us who is scum if you are town. This tail between your legs thing isn't helping your case at all. 

+1

Good morning!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night. Was up late with homework and passed out. At work now, going to be on/off all day. WIll try to post more.

Here's a few things....

@Dice, what was different at that point between you and Hally was meta. I just played with both of you and I didn't see anything different in your D1 play to that point, but Hally was too quiet for D1.

@Leelou, yes I unvoted Hally easily enough, she came in with a decent amount of posts and they read pretty decently to me. 

@ AJ, RTE at that point hadn't posted anything that I read as scummy. You may have a different point of view, but that was my opinion. 

My reads from town to scum...

Leelou
BFG
Yates
Verbal
RTE
Hallia
Dice
Zander
AJ
Talmanes

I will try to get back on at lunch and post why I read that way. 

I'm always open to change my mind, simply doubted it would happen.

Apparently I forgot to invite Zander and hadn't voted for RTE anyway.

I actually missed the part about being a hybrid game, as I'm used to mod kill if no one chosen, but nevertheless I stand by my actions. I've explained them quite rationally as well.

To prove my point I'll keep my vote on Zander and see how much good it does there verses my second choice.

Why do you give up so easily? If you are town, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't get lynched, because you are for certain a mislynch, while someone else might be mafia. (yes, I know, later on that sometimes changes, but on Day 1 certainly not)

Leelou

AJ

BFG

Verbal

Hallia

Dice

Zander

Yates

Talmanes

RTE

It's all very close, though. From "town side of null" to "scum side of null", basically, and most could move up or down one or two places.

REALLY???!!!!......

I don't see the problem here. Yeah, well, of course it is the feel from Seph and not BFG, but that doesn't change anything.

agreed

why do you feel the need to apologize for a read?.....lololololol

He called me out on it, I told him that it was a "more or less" place and happened to use the word "sorry". That happens.

Good morning!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night. Was up late with homework and passed out. At work now, going to be on/off all day. WIll try to post more.

Here's a few things....

@Dice, what was different at that point between you and Hally was meta. I just played with both of you and I didn't see anything different in your D1 play to that point, but Hally was too quiet for D1.

@Leelou, yes I unvoted Hally easily enough, she came in with a decent amount of posts and they read pretty decently to me. 

@ AJ, RTE at that point hadn't posted anything that I read as scummy. You may have a different point of view, but that was my opinion. 

My reads from town to scum...

Leelou
BFG
Yates
Verbal
RTE
Hallia
Dice
Zander
AJ
Talmanes

I will try to get back on at lunch and post why I read that way. 

Where am I on that list?

Yes. When I struggle to understand the rationale behind the vote.

I know why I have Verb as a high null for example. So if you have a problem why not ask? I agree with the BFG read being odd though.

I feel you on RTE, Tal. I'm not yet sold in Zander. He's being awfully Canadian though.

Not even.  He didn't even APOLOGIZE for calling me scummy.  And that in itself is scummy.

I'm giving Zander one more chance to be serious for a second and tell me if he was being earnest in his read on me or if he was just throwing paint on the wall to see what stuck.

what do you think Yates?

i wanted a reaction and i got one.

have i voted you?  that should tell anyone who has played with me something there...

This is kind of a 'fake' line to use - everybody says this, so I don't see how this should be something that helps you.

YOU PRESENTED IT AS A PUSH. And that in fact was annoying the way YOU WENT ABOUT IT.

So why didn't you just say "yes" when I asked, "Prodding for conversation is needless and annoying?"

I happen to disagree with your assessment. I don't think I went too crazy. I simply asked the same question to a few people to try to get them engaged in the game, even if it was just to say "you so crazy!"

Yates, you are arguing with me over something silly. I already have you moving up on my list. Watch me if you must, but seriously let's move on. I don't want to drown the game in this. 

Wohoo!  This combo of posts, and a few subsequent ones, gives me the pleasure of presenting to you all, a townie Leelou.  My "sad" comment to Yates failed miserably.  I was trying to see if he'd expound on what I perceived as him getting ready to attack Leelou, and he apparently wasn't.  But it worked out in the end, because her responses to him can only come from town!Leelou.

/happy

I'm always open to change my mind, simply doubted it would happen.

Apparently I forgot to invite Zander and hadn't voted for RTE anyway.

I actually missed the part about being a hybrid game, as I'm used to mod kill if no one chosen, but nevertheless I stand by my actions. I've explained them quite rationally as well.

To prove my point I'll keep my vote on Zander and see how much good it does there verses my second choice.

I think I want to put Tal up into the greens as well.  This post is awesome. 

Archived