DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

It's my early impressions. Wanted to help get the game started. Over 100 posts and almost none were gameplay. So I put my thoughts out there. I stand by those impressions.

Okay but what's informing those impressions? Do you see why to me, as someone who isn't you, these reads might come across as fake?

Tone of their posts thus far based on meta and gut.

In this game if anyone has anything better they are going on regarding their reads I'd love to know what... 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting a little sad about the implications of this post and the direction I can clearly see you going in.

??

Really??

What are you sad about??

That I need to hold Leelou to the fire for a bit??

Far too many nulls! 

Townie lean

Talmanes - I’ve liked his responses so far, townie lean 

Very slight townie lean, still null

Hallia - spam and one game related post: 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes

AJ - I like his conversation with Talmanes, didn’t feel forced. Too early to firmly put in a town pile though. 

Firmly Null

Verbal - full spam, complete null. I need something from you, dear. 

Seph - less awkward than previously seen at the start, still null

Dice - checks in, says he’s in 3 games and only a total of 3 posts so far. Not really expecting much for awhile here. 

Rhea - answer Yates’ question, then pops in twice during the day adding nothing. 

Zander - eh, nothing so far

Eh on the lower side of the null pile

Yates - questioned both Talmanes and Rhea on their experience and thoughts of Yates being a bully. SPAM, SEPH, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SEPH. Not really digging the push on Seph yet. 

Ley - hint of being twitchy over one vote, but nothing has stuck out for me. I don’t really remember much of Ley’s play style so unless I see something in either direction on my own, I’ll defer to other town reads in regards to Ley

RTE - SPAM, doesn’t like Hallia and Ley, votes Ley. I’m not seeing much out of the ordinary for Hallia. I don’t really remember much of Ley’s style to judge if it’s a misrep. 

Is his vote on seph the only thing different about his posting and mine?

@Zander: My unvote post was without doubt my first game-related post. Also, if I seem defensive to you, well, that sounds good, because I hear that very often when town. Apparently it's part of my meta even though I try not to be too defensive.

no it doesnt

someone verify?

:rolleyes:

Even for a BT game surprisingly little content thus far but we all need to start somewhere.

Two people who stand out most to me so far are Ley and Hallia. 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes.

Hallia is trying too hard to look townie and has been doing some buddying and cheerleading so far. Too safe, too "pro-town".

Ley is playing way too safe for his usual style. Too reserved, conservative, and logical. He's not being as bold or on edge as usual. Seems fake.

Of the two, I'm going to Unvote. Vote Ley.

How could you possibly say this at that point in the game?  I mean, until today the game was pretty much Yates and I posting back and forth a bit.

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

And backtracking based on Ley's response.  Meh.

Townish:

AJ

Talamanes

...maybe Leelou

Null:

RTE

Wolfish

Yates

Seph

Ley

Rest: undecided

What is the difference between null and undecided for you?

null ive had mixed feels for.

I'm getting a little sad about the implications of this post and the direction I can clearly see you going in.

??

Really??

What are you sad about??

I would rather you sit on it a little and see where it goes, instead of being this blatant about it.

Even for a BT game surprisingly little content thus far but we all need to start somewhere.

Two people who stand out most to me so far are Ley and Hallia. 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes.

Hallia is trying too hard to look townie and has been doing some buddying and cheerleading so far. Too safe, too "pro-town".

Ley is playing way too safe for his usual style. Too reserved, conservative, and logical. He's not being as bold or on edge as usual. Seems fake.

Of the two, I'm going to Unvote. Vote Ley.

How could you possibly say this at that point in the game?  I mean, until today the game was pretty much Yates and I posting back and forth a bit.

That's fair. Guess you haven't been mafia in a while, basing it on my feeling of your gameplay. I just think when you play more carefully and restrained, I link that caution to you being scum. In past games I probably held on for too long as you probably showed me enough to prove otherwise. But not the case yet this game.

And backtracking based on Ley's response.  Meh.

Townish:

AJ

Talamanes

...maybe Leelou

Null:

RTE

Wolfish

Yates

Seph

Ley

Rest: undecided

What is the difference between null and undecided for you?

null ive had mixed feels for.

But what is the difference then for undecided?  Isn't that like saying the same thing?  Scum hide in the semantics, so let's just be super clear here.  Why have 2 buckets for this?

Not really digging the push on Seph yet.

Let me ask you something because I'm a little concerned that others might be thinking this is a legitimate point based on where I am in "reads" lists; do you think I'm actually pushing Seph? Like, do you think I'm legitimately trying to sell that I found Seph scummy because he didn't unvote me after I made a lulz statement [regarding rule 9] that he missed and didn't unvote?

I can get people that have never played with me maybe thinking that was a weird or "opportunistic" push. But I expect people like you, AJ, Zander, Verb, and even Seph himself to know my game better than that.

Let's ask...

@Seph - did you feel like I was legitimately pushing you? Or did you read that as Yates carrying a joke vote to try to prod for reactions/game involvement?

No, I found it a waste of time, which is why I didn't like it. 

@Leelou: Look at this...

Yates I haven't played with before, not sure yet, pushed to get the game going.

How is it Rhea, someone I've never played with before, saw exactly what I was doing and it wasn't completely obvious to you??

Do you see me calling you scum? No. Just that I didn't like it. 

Eh. Sort of?

Yates - questioned both Talmanes and Rhea on their experience and thoughts of Yates being a bully. SPAM, SEPH, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SEPH. Not really digging the push on Seph yet.

What did you not like about it?

Far too many nulls! 

Townie lean

Talmanes - I’ve liked his responses so far, townie lean 

Very slight townie lean, still null

Hallia - spam and one game related post: 

Oh. Townie Leelou pokes out her head, me likes

AJ - I like his conversation with Talmanes, didn’t feel forced. Too early to firmly put in a town pile though. 

Firmly Null

Verbal - full spam, complete null. I need something from you, dear. 

Seph - less awkward than previously seen at the start, still null

Dice - checks in, says he’s in 3 games and only a total of 3 posts so far. Not really expecting much for awhile here. 

Rhea - answer Yates’ question, then pops in twice during the day adding nothing. 

Zander - eh, nothing so far

Ley - hint of being twitchy over one vote, but nothing has stuck out for me. I don’t really remember much of Ley’s play style so unless I see something in either direction on my own, I’ll defer to other town reads in regards to Ley

RTE - SPAM, doesn’t like Hallia and Ley, votes Ley. I’m not seeing much out of the ordinary for Hallia. I don’t really remember much of Ley’s style to judge if it’s a misrep. 

Is his vote on seph the only thing different about his posting and mine?

His vote on Seph, his asking people pointedly who is scum with Seph. You were pure fluff. So yes. I don't think he's scum, but he's on the lower side of my null pile right now. Gun to head, I'd vote RTE. 

@Zander - what have I done to make you think there's any chance I'm scum?

the fact you had to ask that.  and make PEOPLE should know this or that about me.  the fact that you have to defend/explain yourself to this many people 10 pages into day 1.

and other little things that just seemed off to me:  like the seph vote and follow up. and the fact you felt like you had to respond to my joke about the claim

and the fact I dont feel this start was like the last game you towned in that i played, Bellicheat,

is that enough??

i almost feel you're being a tad....defensive...for you.

Eh. Sort of?

What did you not like about it?

When do I ever like anything that you do in a game? 

??

Really??

What are you sad about??

I would rather you sit on it a little and see where it goes, instead of being this blatant about it.

If the two of you gang up on me this game, I'm going to be pretty mad at you. 

the fact you had to ask that.  and make PEOPLE should know this or that about me.  the fact that you have to defend/explain yourself to this many people 10 pages into day 1.

LOL - NONE of that was a factor when you made your reads list. So I'm not buying what you are selling, brother.

The rest of it is clearly me vetting you and Leelou. You both acted I wasn't Yates-ing [TM].

If the two of you gang up on me this game, I'm going to be pretty mad at you.

He goes high and I go low? Could happen.

Just want you to make a little better sense. That pithy one liner thing above, while adorable, didn't actually answer my question or do anything to help me determine your alignment. Just as an example.

LOL - NONE of that was a factor when you made your reads list. So I'm not buying what you are selling, brother.

The rest of it is clearly me vetting you and Leelou. You both acted I wasn't Yates-ing [TM].

i like how you didnt include the things that started it in the first place Yates. like the seph interaction and reaction to my joke i MENTIONED IN THIS SNIPPED POST.

....right

i like how you didnt include the things that started it in the first place Yates. like the seph interaction and reaction to my joke i MENTIONED IN THIS SNIPPED POST.

....right

I was trying to save you some embarrassment. I mean, the Seph interaction thing is the whole reason I'm calling your "read" into question, as an example. The fact that you COINED a term for it [Yates-ing TM]? And that wasn't your first assumption? That's an AWFUL look, bro.

....right

I was trying to save you some embarrassment. I mean, the Seph interaction thing is the whole reason I'm calling your "read" into question, as an example. The fact that you COINED a term for it [Yates-ing TM]? And that wasn't your first assumption? That's an AWFUL look, bro.

#TrustTheGut

dude i find it even more funny that you're getting worked up about it and feel im likely to be right.

....didnt you make the "Afraid to shake the tree remark"

your subsequent defensiveness, explanations and responses only solidify it more for me.

Archived