DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

My vote on RTE was for him ostensibly trying to get Ley modkilled after claiming cop. Just an unbelievably antitown move. Weird that the only other one to say anything about it was Turin.

However, (Unvote) voting Basel seems like the best way to go today. There's ample evidence against him, don't buy that he didn't know the VC (he would have had to know Ley had a lot of votes, if he was worried at all about that he wouldn't have voted him so quick), don't like his response to Turin saying Ley is always over defensive, and he makes a pretty good info lynch I'd say(Dice recently soft defended him).

Incidentally, my vote on Ley was a joke vote as well. I just accused him of what he had just talked about always getting accused of (distancing and defending). I even said he was distancing from "as-yet-unnamed scum", which should have made the joke obvious. Anyhoo, fos to any of the peeps trying to scold Ley for claiming. As Turin and Ley have already pointed out, he was essentially in a no win situation.

But an even bigger fos for those who came out scolding town for running the cop up to claim. Lenlo is the obvious one here, and uberscummy for that move. I think Dice was the other, can't remember.

Also think Talya might have been caught up in a bit of a slip regarding her automatically accepting Let's claim as definite, and not considering that he could be mafia fake claiming.

So Basel, Lenlo, Dice, Talya, and RTE all have a bit of egg on their face imo. Mebbe throw CS on that list as well for scolding Ley bout his claim. And all of it came from running Ley up. So I don't thing things are that bad at all, considering.

Most games allow role reveals.  Do you really think RTE was trying to get him mod killed?  I don't.  Looks like your trying too hard.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Len, did you think that Pral was trying to say that himself or did you see it as part of the Despo impression? I read it as the latter. That he was in character. That is something Despo would say when he was getting ready to either get on his soap box or start a conspiracy theory. 

Wait where did Despo impression come from? Are we talking about the same post or did I just completely miss something?

Csarmi says that a cop view won't work on him on Night 1, why say this? it looks at bit suspicious now that we know Ley is the Cop. I then start thinking they could be working together. a note to keep.

I believe it should be obvious. The pro-town move is to not let the cop waste a view on you. Note that I was also interested in the reactions (nothing noteworthy).

Des says he has reads on Ley and Lenlo

But he doesn't say what sort of reads now does he? I assumed he meant scummy.

So your original comment on the validity of a Cop view was a fabrication?

Not sure I understand the question.

I said that cop view wouldn't work on me on N1. To be more specific, the cop would get no result.

No fabrication.

Vote Count

Ley (1):  Darthe

Csarmi (2): NotBob, Basel

Lenlo (3): Csarmi, Des, Talya

Basel (5): Ed, Turin, Cloud, Ley,  Lenlo

Not voting: Dice,   Pralaya, RTE, Via

With 15 players alive it takes 8 to lynch. 

Deadline is Friday 9 PM CET. (GMT +1) 

25 hours and 35 minutes left.

I think this should be right.

A little more than 15 hours before hammer time.

Oh yeah, @NotBob: Obviously I didn't think there was any real threat to Ley getting modkilled, but RTE trying to draw attention to the claim as a possible rule infraction set off major pings for me. Even IF a townie was legitimately worried about Ley breaking the rules, they wouldn't draw more attention to it. It's an anti-town move, plain and simple.

Still think Lenlo's the best chance for catching scum today. Basel's responses to pressure seem somewhat townie, I like how he called out Darthe for defending him

Ley is always superdefensive. Heck the list of rules in itself is indication of that. I would be shocked if Ley was ever cool under fire. 

I think putting him to L-2 was too far for that point in the game. Especially with no deadline(I think). 

Basel, did you know your vote put him to L-2? were you not worried he could get blind hammered?

I tend to agree with this for the most part.  Except for the part where he challenges Basel.  I'm just not sure where it matters where/when the votes were cast as no one knew he's the Cop until he claimed.

Unfortunately, Ley's D1 play reminded me of a player at JN who often plays the loose cannon as VT on D1 or D2.  Often it led to an early exit but what he was doing was creating a meta so when he was scum he could get away with playing scummy.  The best play IMO was to lynch him early and often. 

I cannot recall playing with Ley before so have zero meta on him.  Over-defensiveness and irrational need to make this all about him probably would have led me to vote him without the reveal.

Well, I'm not TRYING to create a meta so I can get through as scum, and in fact I don't even think I can. It's VERY hard for me to play like someone else than I currently am. I've tried in the past to play less "over-defensive and with an irrational (and tbh, without realizing) need to make this all about me" and more like in general, but it just didn't work. So now I've decided to try it an other way, and instead try to explain people a bit what I find important in mafia games, and that I'll play that way, no matter what other people think. And reacting to pressure is something I feel just CANNOT be done right, so I won't bother trying to improve myself there anymore, when there's a lot of scum-hunting skills to improve.

Len, did you think that Pral was trying to say that himself or did you see it as part of the Despo impression? I read it as the latter. That he was in character. That is something Despo would say when he was getting ready to either get on his soap box or start a conspiracy theory. 

Wait where did Despo impression come from? Are we talking about the same post or did I just completely miss something?

Yes, you completely missed something.

Oh yeah, @NotBob: Obviously I didn't think there was any real threat to Ley getting modkilled, but RTE trying to draw attention to the claim as a possible rule infraction set off major pings for me. Even IF a townie was legitimately worried about Ley breaking the rules, they wouldn't draw more attention to it. It's an anti-town move, plain and simple.

Still think Lenlo's the best chance for catching scum today. Basel's responses to pressure seem somewhat townie, I like how he called out Darthe for defending him

Why Len?

Basels response was townie because basel is town.  

Your logic on RTE fails to hold up to logical scrutiny.

@Turin: you should ALWAYS be nervous when playing with me :wink:

@Lenlo: Skimmer

@Basel: reads?

@des: my reads thus far have been strongest on Darthe (for his defense... and he just said that I am town, not that I look town or seem town or am most likely town, which shows a strange degree of certainty IMO), Csarmi for stirring the pot with Ley the strongest, and RTE for going for the modkill. Talya also pings me somewhat for showing certainty over Ley.

Why Len?

Basels response was townie because basel is town.  

Your logic on RTE fails to hold up to logical scrutiny.

Vote Count

Lenlo (3): Csarmi, Des, Talya

Basel (5): Ed, Turin, Cloud, Ley,  Lenlo

Not voting: Dice,   Pralaya, RTE, Via

8 hours left. 

Csarmi says that a cop view won't work on him on Night 1, why say this? it looks at bit suspicious now that we know Ley is the Cop. I then start thinking they could be working together. a note to keep.

I believe it should be obvious. The pro-town move is to not let the cop waste a view on you. Note that I was also interested in the reactions (nothing noteworthy).

Des says he has reads on Ley and Lenlo

But he doesn't say what sort of reads now does he? I assumed he meant scummy.

So your original comment on the validity of a Cop view was a fabrication?

Not sure I understand the question.

I said that cop view wouldn't work on me on N1. To be more specific, the cop would get no result.

No fabrication.

So, this part is still accurate?  I thought you were playing silly.

Vote Count

Lenlo (3):  Des, Talya, Csarmi

Basel (6): Ed, Turin, Cloud, Ley,  Lenlo, Dice

Not voting:  Pralaya, RTE, Via

6 hours and 35 minutes left. 

To reiterate for NotBob (our Lord Dragon knows why he needs it again)

Announcement:

• I am town. I win with town. That's the only way I can win.
  • If a cop views me tonight (N1), he won't be able to get a result on me.*
*The cop won't find me because I'll be hiding. I'm so afraid of the shadows that I don't dare to go out in the night.

Archived