DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

The only thing that I want from you, is to remember my past games, and notice that my playstyle this game, or in any future game, is not different from those, and therefore not a scum tell. This because I've been lynched several times because of my playstyle (which is pretty much stating my opinion about anything, including cases on other people, that then often gets called defending). I know it isn't all about me, but sometimes it feels like every single post is either mine, or directe at me, just because of how I want to play this game. The "guidelines" are also NOT meant to restrict you guys in any way, but only to explain why I play how I play.

I couldn't care less about your former games. Defending yorself based on your own supposed meta is as scummy as it gets.

Other people keep forgetting how I play. How else can I remind them that the way I am playing is NOT unique from this game?

Basel

Why?

Unvote.

So you REALLY want me to reveal on Day 1, less than 24 hours after the game starts?

I'm the cop.

By the way, Basel, I'm not overreacting, I ALWAYS explain things three times. That's just how I play, and I'd expect people to know that by now, and about being hyperdefensive, well, sorry, but I'm seeing the fastest Day 1 lynch ever coming right at me. And I don't want that, both because it's been happening so often recently, and because I'm the goddamn cop.

I think you have cause and effect confused here. You were seeing such a fast lynch BECAUSE you were being so incredibly defensive, not the other way around.

I were seeing a fast lynch because I was at L-2 within 24 hours after the game started, and for all I knew there could be two mafia lurking around, trying to finish me off before town even realized what's happening. I do believe most was already on it before though... They probably thought they saw an easy target because town believes everything but the things they should believe these days.

You were at L-2.

I was at either L-2 or L-1, Csarmi. So, yeah...

You were at 6 votes, 8 to lynch, so L-2. I don't think you were in any real danger of being lynched, not yet.

Are you seriously claiming that L - 2 isn't in danger of being lynched? A person can pick up two votes awfully fast.

And here you say that I AM close to a lynch. Contradicting yourself in one and the same post.

You seem unclear on how a contradiction works. First I said that you were seeing a fast lynch. Then I said you were close to a lynch. At what point do I say you aren't close to a lynch?

Er. Misread the first part. Thought you meant I wasn't close to a lynch and only thought I were.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I managed to find Ed's vote. REally liked his posts so far in general (a bit too much even), then for a derpy 15 minutes I believed he wasn't voting. Which would have been weird after him pushing Basel (for reasons I agree with btw).

While there - Talya, you were so verbal about how Cloud and Csarmi were suspicious, yet you aren't voting. Why is that?

I'll end here.

Not much more to see. Over-defensive play. Right now he's the Cop without a CC.

Don't like Salami's or Lenlo's play to keep stirring the pot so I'll keep my vote where it is for the moment.

Why not? Isn't that my job?

What about RTE?

Sure if you want to make it your job but the fact remains he's revealed.  We do not have a counter claim.  Time to stir a different pot. 

What about RTE?

Stir away.  Still like you or Lenlo at the moment.

Ley. I'm going to ask you once and nicely.

Stop acting like we were all idiots allowed to play with you under some specific conditions given by you.

Stop acting like it was all about you.

Stop insulting the entire game.

I object to your attitude. I object to you calling town lemmings completely unwarranted. I object to your "rules".

Could you play the game with us instead of against us? Thank you.

The only thing that I want from you, is to remember my past games, and notice that my playstyle this game, or in any future game, is not different from those, and therefore not a scum tell. This because I've been lynched several times because of my playstyle (which is pretty much stating my opinion about anything, including cases on other people, that then often gets called defending). I know it isn't all about me, but sometimes it feels like every single post is either mine, or directe at me, just because of how I want to play this game. The "guidelines" are also NOT meant to restrict you guys in any way, but only to explain why I play how I play.

Not sure your commentary is adding any value.  We get it.  You have a play style that has caused you to get lynched before.  Most can claim similar experiences.

You have claimed Cop.  Without a counter claim you will not get lynched.

Stop directing the attention to yourself and hunt. 

Thanks in advance.

Sure if you want to make it your job but the fact remains he's revealed.  We do not have a counter claim.  Time to stir a different pot. 

What about RTE?

Stir away.  Still like you or Lenlo at the moment.

I meant Basel, see above.

I'm glad you like me.

Now as for getting back to scumhunting.

Len's "good job guys in running the cop up" reeks of scum.

Oppurtunistic Talya is oppurtunistic.

RTE's L-2 vote.

Basel's "Are you seriously claiming that L - 2 isn't in danger of being lynched? A person can pick up two votes awfully fast." pings. But only slightly on a re-read. Not sold on that one.

It reeks of scum why? Is it because I called people out on the stupidity of what they did, running someone up in under 8 pages and forcing them to claim? Sorry. Also you insistence that L-2 is not a danger zone is telling.

Yes I'm claiming that he was in no danger of being lynched.

And your wrong, im sorry. L-2 is very very close to being lynched and a good place to claim if your going to at all.

Len, RTE, Talya, Basel

Have we found the whole scum team already?

Well aint you just linin up lynchs.

I think the Basel vote to move Ley to L-2 to be the most sketchy of all the votes on the Ley train. It was a bit too early to go there with out a blatant slip from Ley. 

Ley, my two cents is to just stop and count to ten between reading and posting. knee jerk reactions almost always come off as over defensive.

vote Basel

But I voted in really big red. How'd you miss it? :sad:

Len saying that isn't a tell either way. People say it all the time. Keep that in mind as an addition to his other actions, not as a main tell.

Ley, seriously, we get that you play pretty defensive-sounding all the time. We get that you play a certain way are are adamant about your opinion, even if it gets you lynched. Stop saying it. Like Salamander said, focus on scum hunting.

L2 is a good time to vote. That being said, you'd assume town would not blind-lynch so soon into the game. If it was close to deadline, there'd be no question about his reveal. But, on the other hand, you'd not really expect two scum to jump on the end of a train like that.

Unvote Ley

Yours at least had some reasoning (though it was bad reasoning). Csarmi had NONE, except blatant bandwagoning.

Did it ever occur to you that he was just applying some pressure on you with his vote to see how you would react?

So you REALLY want me to reveal on Day 1, less than 24 hours after the game starts?

I'm the cop.

I understand why you claimed so early, but it was still unneeded and I think that when you are a Cop you should try to get the attention off you in a different way, and only claim when you absolutely have to and there is no other choice available. I didn’t see you try to do this now, and instead you continued on like you always do and it's giving me the impression of a townie who just messed up under pressure. Anyway, we will see sooner or later if you are speaking the truth or not.

To the last bit - One minute you understand why he claimed early and then tell him he shouldn't. How is he supposed to get attention off him, perhaps you can give him advice on that. Because I don't know (wouldn't have rules like that granted - but once people start in mafia, they tend to keep going, especially when the react, and we all know that Ley reacts!). so now you think he is a townie who messed up, how about he was put under pressure so early on, because this what people wanted. After all the Mafia might now know who the cop is, not good for town, maybe it was planned...something to think about. Look at others on that train as well and not just say Ley could have handled it differently, hind sight is wonderful. 

Have I suddenly become his mafia mentor or something? :P Yes, I understand why he had claimed, but it was still a wrong move. He shouldn't have reacted the way he usually does, because that will only get him lynched. Instead, he could try to adopt more of a less-reactive playstyle and stop being so defensive, and actually try to scumhunt. This might have gotten the attention off of him and onto someone else, saving our un-cc'd Cop from a lynch without having to claim.

How would the mafia know who the cop is? I haven't been around as long as you, but I can only think of one way the mafia team would know the role of a townie and that is through the use of Role Cop. We are still in Day 1 though and Tina has already said that this will be a fairly basic game with some added game mechanics like the Taint etc.

I have looked at the other people on his train and so far nothing special has stood out to me just yet. The happenings from this Day will prove to be more useful in solving the puzzle once we have a few deaders to help us connect the dots.

OK I managed to find Ed's vote. REally liked his posts so far in general (a bit too much even), then for a derpy 15 minutes I believed he wasn't voting. Which would have been weird after him pushing Basel (for reasons I agree with btw).

While there - Talya, you were so verbal about how Cloud and Csarmi were suspicious, yet you aren't voting. Why is that?

What do you mean by opportunist, doesn't explain anything at all. As for not voting, why should I have to vote right now. I don't want to, just because I see things and note them here does not mean I'm going to vote for them. Sometimes I like to take my time.

Unvote Ley

Yours at least had some reasoning (though it was bad reasoning). Csarmi had NONE, except blatant bandwagoning.

Did it ever occur to you that he was just applying some pressure on you with his vote to see how you would react?

I'm the cop.

I understand why you claimed so early, but it was still unneeded and I think that when you are a Cop you should try to get the attention off you in a different way, and only claim when you absolutely have to and there is no other choice available. I didn’t see you try to do this now, and instead you continued on like you always do and it's giving me the impression of a townie who just messed up under pressure. Anyway, we will see sooner or later if you are speaking the truth or not.

To the last bit - One minute you understand why he claimed early and then tell him he shouldn't. How is he supposed to get attention off him, perhaps you can give him advice on that. Because I don't know (wouldn't have rules like that granted - but once people start in mafia, they tend to keep going, especially when the react, and we all know that Ley reacts!). so now you think he is a townie who messed up, how about he was put under pressure so early on, because this what people wanted. After all the Mafia might now know who the cop is, not good for town, maybe it was planned...something to think about. Look at others on that train as well and not just say Ley could have handled it differently, hind sight is wonderful. 

Have I suddenly become his mafia mentor or something? :P Yes, I understand why he had claimed, but it was still a wrong move. He shouldn't have reacted the way he usually does, because that will only get him lynched. Instead, he could try to adopt more of a less-reactive playstyle and stop being so defensive, and actually try to scumhunt. This might have gotten the attention off of him and onto someone else, saving our un-cc'd Cop from a lynch without having to claim.

How would the mafia know who the cop is? I haven't been around as long as you, but I can only think of one way the mafia team would know the role of a townie and that is through the use of Role Cop. We are still in Day 1 though and Tina has already said that this will be a fairly basic game with some added game mechanics like the Taint etc.

I have looked at the other people on his train and so far nothing special has stood out to me just yet. The happenings from this Day will prove to be more useful in solving the puzzle once we have a few deaders to help us connect the dots.

The mafia wouldn't know who was cop, and I didn't say they did. Ley was pressured and revealed, he could have revealed anything, but unfortunately it was cop. he could have been doc, watcher etc...or vanilla, but every reveal is more useful to Mafia (they most likely know if they are telling the truth), we just have to guess and see if there is a cc. 

I agree he does need to try to adopt a less-reactive style, however he is still young and this is not like turning a switch off. he's already done it on the sign up thread, so people could easily see what was going to happen. But to blame him totally is a little naive. 

Basel

Why?

Unvote.

I'm the cop.

By the way, Basel, I'm not overreacting, I ALWAYS explain things three times. That's just how I play, and I'd expect people to know that by now, and about being hyperdefensive, well, sorry, but I'm seeing the fastest Day 1 lynch ever coming right at me. And I don't want that, both because it's been happening so often recently, and because I'm the goddamn cop.

I think you have cause and effect confused here. You were seeing such a fast lynch BECAUSE you were being so incredibly defensive, not the other way around.

I were seeing a fast lynch because I was at L-2 within 24 hours after the game started, and for all I knew there could be two mafia lurking around, trying to finish me off before town even realized what's happening. I do believe most was already on it before though... They probably thought they saw an easy target because town believes everything but the things they should believe these days.

You were at L-2.

You were at 6 votes, 8 to lynch, so L-2. I don't think you were in any real danger of being lynched, not yet.

Are you seriously claiming that L - 2 isn't in danger of being lynched? A person can pick up two votes awfully fast.

And here you say that I AM close to a lynch. Contradicting yourself in one and the same post.

Len, RTE, Talya, Basel

Have we found the whole scum team already?

Are you sure you aren't Darthe?

Ley, bro i think you need to learn from history. If you keep getting lynched early and dont like it then you probably need to change something about ure game. If these rules of ures are a step in that direction fine, but i hope u note the reaction  they have gotten you and that they did not stop you from almost getting lynched. Take it as a lesson or hint or whatever and use it to build on.

Ley. I'm going to ask you once and nicely.

Stop acting like we were all idiots allowed to play with you under some specific conditions given by you.

Stop acting like it was all about you.

Stop insulting the entire game.

I object to your attitude. I object to you calling town lemmings completely unwarranted. I object to your "rules".

Could you play the game with us instead of against us? Thank you.

Not sure your commentary is adding any value.  We get it.  You have a play style that has caused you to get lynched before.  Most can claim similar experiences.

You have claimed Cop.  Without a counter claim you will not get lynched.

Stop directing the attention to yourself and hunt. 

Thanks in advance.

I completly agree with both Dice and Not Bob on this issue.

Unvote.

I'm the cop.

I think the most worrisome part about that reveal is that it doesn't say if role reveals are allowed or not in the rules.

Nice.

Generally, I think that if role and/or character reveals are not specifically banned, then they are allowed. So I fail to see what's to worry about here.

You were at L-2.

Now, after Csarmi said that Basel placed the L-2 vote I went back to check and he actually did. And yet he now appears to be FoSing Csarmi for saying that running someone up to L-2 isn't dangerous!

Vote Basel

What do you mean by opportunist, doesn't explain anything at all. As for not voting, why should I have to vote right now. I don't want to, just because I see things and note them here does not mean I'm going to vote for them. Sometimes I like to take my time.

Unvote Ley

I'm the cop.

The mafia wouldn't know who was cop, and I didn't say they did. Ley was pressured and revealed, he could have revealed anything, but unfortunately it was cop. he could have been doc, watcher etc...or vanilla, but every reveal is more useful to Mafia (they most likely know if they are telling the truth), we just have to guess and see if there is a cc. 

I agree he does need to try to adopt a less-reactive style, however he is still young and this is not like turning a switch off. he's already done it on the sign up thread, so people could easily see what was going to happen. But to blame him totally is a little naive.

@The green part: You sound almost as defensive as Ley :P

I just reread your post now and I must have misread the part where you say that the mafia might now know who the Cop is. Silly me. I agree with you that it's not entirely his fault, and that's why I also understand why he claimed because he was under a lot of pressure.

I found the way you told it to Salami pinging. He asked you why you aren't voting, and then you proceeded to explain in three sentences that you don't feel like voting. It looks like you are over-explaining yourself while there is no need for it.

But I voted in really big red. How'd you miss it? :sad:

Len saying that isn't a tell either way. People say it all the time. Keep that in mind as an addition to his other actions, not as a main tell.

Ley, seriously, we get that you play pretty defensive-sounding all the time. We get that you play a certain way are are adamant about your opinion, even if it gets you lynched. Stop saying it. Like Salamander said, focus on scum hunting.

L2 is a good time to vote. That being said, you'd assume town would not blind-lynch so soon into the game. If it was close to deadline, there'd be no question about his reveal. But, on the other hand, you'd not really expect two scum to jump on the end of a train like that.

I'm just very bad at not being the last person to say something about something...

Unvote Ley

I'm the cop.

This shows that the town play is wrong. If playing like I usually do gets me lynched, then shouldn't people look for other things? As far as I know, you're supposed to lynch people because the behave different from what you would expect them to. If I don't behave different from what you expect me to do, why lynch me?

Unvote.

I'm the cop.

I think the most worrisome part about that reveal is that it doesn't say if role reveals are allowed or not in the rules.

Nice.

Generally, I think that if role and/or character reveals are not specifically banned, then they are allowed. So I fail to see what's to worry about here.

You were at L-2.

Now, after Csarmi said that Basel placed the L-2 vote I went back to check and he actually did. And yet he now appears to be FoSing Csarmi for saying that running someone up to L-2 isn't dangerous!

Vote Basel

Well, if that ain't a nice catch...

unvote vote Basel

ok, not as much use as I first thought, cos I misjudged the numbers slightly, but anyway, this was my thought.

I am prone to beleive that there was one or two mafia voting Ley before he revealed, wether to run a quick lynch, or buddy town or whatever, their votes wouldn't stand out in all the other quick voting.

These are the people who were voting Ley, in the order they voted

Cloud

Turin

Darthe

Desp

Csarmi

Basel

now that means that there are two (or maybe three if there was only one mafia voting Ley) out of the people not voting Ley.

not voting Ley

Dice

Talya

Ed

NotBob

Lenlo

Pralya

RTE

Town:

Ley and me

so yes, I am aware that I have just divided everyone into two roughly equal groups and said there are two mafia in each, but it was a much better idea when I thought for some reason there were people voting Ley (I got confused with the number needed to lynch) . when that second group would only have had five people in it.

But still, I think there's a good chance that three out of those seven are mafia, maybe only two. And this is a list generated from gameplay, not just randomly picked names.

3) I like this train. unvote vote Ley <-- note, edited the vote tag for the sake of the quote

So no other reason for voting than you like his train, and yet he already has quite a few votes by this point. Looks like you are trying to get a quick lynch or a reveal1, which you got. And then you complain he revealed too early. Ley is a jumpy player, I think it was quite obvious in what he would do2. that or you are both in it together to get the real cop to reveal, and make you look good.

1) Attributing me some assumptions are we? I'm glad you know why I voted him.

2) You're assuming people would know how Ley would react. It's not that you know it. It's that I know it.

You were at L-2.

I can see why he claimed, not saying I believe him, but3 I wouldn't jump back with a vote on him after a reveal so quickly. how about play the game a bit more, than rushing to lynch a possible Cop. If he is lying he will be caught out sooner or latter.

3) Playing both sides are we?

@Darthe - post restriction

To be honest, I don't even know what is swearing and what isn't swearing in english.

Also, it's not clear to me what's wrong with that post. Is it that BS is a swearword (if that's a swearword)? Is it the tone of the post? Not a clue. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break this nonsense rule somewhere along the line because it's all fair that Tina says that if I'm unsure about something, then I shouldn't post it, but I wouldn't even have been unsure about posting that sentence. I wouldn't have had any doubts or second thoughts about that.

Now as for him having to claim at L-2, I gotta disagree there. While L-2 is usually the right point to claim at, that doesn't apply here.

There was nothing common about this situation. Yes he did have some pressure, but I don't believe anyone should have been ready to put him to L-1 (let alobe lynch him) without the game even starting...

I have seen many jump in and put votes on, without taking too much note of the vote count. I've been away at work all day and when I saw how many he had I was surprised. Luckily it was brought up and I read the lot before responding, some may not. So his reasoning of claiming is pretty good with me. His validity is another thing 4

4) Playing both sides again.

Exactly, when I get chance I'm going to check on all those that voted Ley, But Cloud and Csarmi stand out for the moment5

5) Way to go, throw out some FoS and vote no one.

IN general, my main problem is that

• your word twisting rubs me the wrong way - the way you attribute thoughts to people, not sure I can explain better
  • sitting both side of the horse
  • throwing out FoS but not voting

Archived