DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unvote Ley

Yours at least had some reasoning (though it was bad reasoning). Csarmi had NONE, except blatant bandwagoning.

Did it ever occur to you that he was just applying some pressure on you with his vote to see how you would react?

So you REALLY want me to reveal on Day 1, less than 24 hours after the game starts?

I'm the cop.

I understand why you claimed so early, but it was still unneeded and I think that when you are a Cop you should try to get the attention off you in a different way, and only claim when you absolutely have to and there is no other choice available. I didn’t see you try to do this now, and instead you continued on like you always do and it's giving me the impression of a townie who just messed up under pressure. Anyway, we will see sooner or later if you are speaking the truth or not.

Yes he did have some pressure, but I don't believe anyone should have been ready to put him to L-1 (let alobe lynch him) without the game even starting...

I agree with this part. You aren’t doing a good job as town if you vote for a train without checking the latest VC.

Unvote Ley

Yours at least had some reasoning (though it was bad reasoning). Csarmi had NONE, except blatant bandwagoning.

Did it ever occur to you that he was just applying some pressure on you with his vote to see how you would react?

You missed his second point :)

"2. Except for the first vote of the day, or when we are in desperate need for a lynch, I will count every one of your votes as "on the person you think most scummy". "Just pressuring" is no reason for me. Pressure the one you think is most scummy, or pressure without votes."

That said, this whole thing is blown up unnecessarily. 

Vote Count

Cloud (1): Csarmi

RTE (1): Des

Ley (2):  Darthe, Basel

Darthe (1): Lenlo

Csarmi (2): NotBob, Ley

Not voting: Dice, Talya,  Ed,  Basel,  Pralaya, RTE, Csarmi, Via, Cloud, Turin 

With 15 players alive it takes 8 to lynch. 

Deadline is Friday 9 PM CET. (GMT +1)

Vote Count

Ley (4): Cloud, Turin, Darthe, Basel

Not voting: Dice, Talya,  Ed,  Basel,  Pralaya, RTE, Csarmi, Via

No deadline. 

Tina, is the vote count correct, you have csarmi and Basel as not voting and yet they both are?

Unvote Ley

So you REALLY want me to reveal on Day 1, less than 24 hours after the game starts?

I'm the cop.

I understand why you claimed so early, but it was still unneeded and I think that when you are a Cop you should try to get the attention off you in a different way, and only claim when you absolutely have to and there is no other choice available. I didn’t see you try to do this now, and instead you continued on like you always do and it's giving me the impression of a townie who just messed up under pressure. Anyway, we will see sooner or later if you are speaking the truth or not.

To the last bit - One minute you understand why he claimed early and then tell him he shouldn't. How is he supposed to get attention off him, perhaps you can give him advice on that. Because I don't know (wouldn't have rules like that granted - but once people start in mafia, they tend to keep going, especially when the react, and we all know that Ley reacts!). so now you think he is a townie who messed up, how about he was put under pressure so early on, because this what people wanted. After all the Mafia might now know who the cop is, not good for town, maybe it was planned...something to think about. Look at others on that train as well and not just say Ley could have handled it differently, hind sight is wonderful. 

Vote Count

Ley (4): Cloud, Turin, Darthe, Basel

Not voting: Dice, Talya,  Ed,  Basel,  Pralaya, RTE, Csarmi, Via

No deadline. 

Tina, is the vote count correct, you have csarmi and Basel as not voting and yet they both are?

Oops. I will check it. 

I have seen many jump in and put votes on, without taking too much note of the vote count. I've been away at work all day and when I saw how many he had I was surprised. Luckily it was brought up and I read the lot before responding, some may not. So his reasoning of claiming is pretty good with me. His validity is another thing

I'll show my validity by giving every day's result until I am dead. When I'm dead, you will know for sure that I'm the cop, and if I catch a scum, I suppose I finally have some credit too...

Ley, you won't ignore people's arguments if you believe they are pulled from air. In fact, you'll just argue against them until you're blue in the face, all the while claiming you're just trying to make your point clear. Let's not pretend otherwise.

As for your guidelines, they're a load of malarkey. Everyone will play the way they play. No one needs to post how they play, it's trivial and useless. In fact, every game you play, you'll face some sort of backlash for it.

By posting those "guidelines," you are saying you'll restrict your interactions with other players, and that means you will restrict general gameplay.

Yeah Talya, sorry about that. Autocorrect hit me.

Oi. *catches kisses and cherishes them*

^_^

I'm doing pretty well. Slowly healing from my surgery. Still limping around. :sad:

I vote we look at Basel. To use some flashy mafia words, he was very opportunistic with his vote and used Ley's meta against him.

But we all know Ley plays like that.

Those guidelines are mostly meant to tell people that it's not because of my role that I play the way I play, but because of how I think about the game.

(I'm getting better at wording what my intentions with them are, lol. For some reason I couldn't quite explain it at first...)

Unvote Ley

I'm the cop.

Small note about "unvote Ley": It's of course preferencee, but both times I read it I blinked a bit before I realized it was an unvote.

And the quoted part reminds me of League of Legends. There too people constantly tell others they're doing bad, without explaining them how to do better next time.

Vote Count

Ley (2):  Darthe, Basel

Lenlo (1): Csarmi

Not voting: Dice, Talya,  Ed,  Pralaya, RTE, Via, Cloud, Turin 

Deadline is Friday 9 PM CET. (GMT +1)

Thanks, Talya. I think this is right. I missed Csarmi´s unvote.

Unvote.

I'm the cop.

By the way, Basel, I'm not overreacting, I ALWAYS explain things three times. That's just how I play, and I'd expect people to know that by now, and about being hyperdefensive, well, sorry, but I'm seeing the fastest Day 1 lynch ever coming right at me. And I don't want that, both because it's been happening so often recently, and because I'm the goddamn cop.

I think you have cause and effect confused here. You were seeing such a fast lynch BECAUSE you were being so incredibly defensive, not the other way around.

I think the most worrisome part about that reveal is that it doesn't say if role reveals are allowed or not in the rules.

Nice.

Generally, I think that if role and/or character reveals are not specifically banned, then they are allowed. So I fail to see what's to worry about here.

You were at L-2.

I was at either L-2 or L-1, Csarmi. So, yeah...

You were at 6 votes, 8 to lynch, so L-2. I don't think you were in any real danger of being lynched, not yet.

Are you seriously claiming that L - 2 isn't in danger of being lynched? A person can pick up two votes awfully fast.

Csarmi, it's happened before that I got lynched WAAAAAAY earlier than should have been the case. Last game I played, I got lynched 30 hours before the deadline, on Day 1. I've learned from that that sometimes (all too much) people don't go for the win, but for annoying someone or for themselves. That time, it was a TOWNIE lyching me (another townie, and I'm pretty sure I had a role AND claimed it) with more than a full day to go, on Day 1. It's stupid, and very anti-town (why not take all the time you have to decide on a lynchee?), but he did it.

I'll start here.  

I don't care what happened to you in a previous game.

Too often players play for themselves.  Some play for the lulz.  Some play for the strategy and others play to bully others.

We have all seen examples of poor play.  Blind lynch a cop for the lulz.  Sure.  As long as it settles some pre-conceived sleight at the hammer's mafia awesomeness.  Use RL excuses to remove heat.  Sure as long as my arch enemy dies before I do.  After a while you see it all.

Don't like it.  Don't play.

Basel

Why?

Unvote.

I'm the cop.

By the way, Basel, I'm not overreacting, I ALWAYS explain things three times. That's just how I play, and I'd expect people to know that by now, and about being hyperdefensive, well, sorry, but I'm seeing the fastest Day 1 lynch ever coming right at me. And I don't want that, both because it's been happening so often recently, and because I'm the goddamn cop.

I think you have cause and effect confused here. You were seeing such a fast lynch BECAUSE you were being so incredibly defensive, not the other way around.

I were seeing a fast lynch because I was at L-2 within 24 hours after the game started, and for all I knew there could be two mafia lurking around, trying to finish me off before town even realized what's happening. I do believe most was already on it before though... They probably thought they saw an easy target because town believes everything but the things they should believe these days.

You were at L-2.

I was at either L-2 or L-1, Csarmi. So, yeah...

You were at 6 votes, 8 to lynch, so L-2. I don't think you were in any real danger of being lynched, not yet.

Are you seriously claiming that L - 2 isn't in danger of being lynched? A person can pick up two votes awfully fast.

And here you say that I AM close to a lynch. Contradicting yourself in one and the same post.

Archived