DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Green Ajah Animal Appreciation Week] Favorite Animals

Songstress

banner_zps0fdd7111.jpg

I know this is going to be a controversial topic, but I just have to put it out there.  Cats are the best animal ever.

EVER.  :wink:

I mean, they're absolutely adorable!  How can you not squee over one of these?

cute15.jpg

Cats were worshipped in ancient Egypt, after all, and you can totally see why they deserve it!

bengal-cat-tunick.jpg

cool-cat-winter-snow-look.jpg

1317127613_0.jpg

And who can look at one of their larger cousins and not be impressed with the gorgeous majesty of the Big Cat?

tigres-albinos.jpg

african-lion-male_436_600x450.jpg

154573118_1_2_PGKJaSyH.jpg

So yeah.

Cats are the best animal ever.  Do you disagree?

Convince me otherwise!  What animals are your favorites?

Well, I do love cats, and you've made a very concinving case for them Tress :biggrin:

I have other favourite animals too though. Like dolphins! I love dolphins. They're so graceful, and happy, and elegant. And at the same time they are really hardcore; a pack of determined dolphins can take down a shark (or at least, that's what Animorphs taught me :biggrin: )

Another favourite is horses. I mean... Horses. They're fun, they're loving, they're fast, they can jump, they can be your best friend. They're lovely to look at twhen they run around; I looove how they move. And I also love how every horse has its very distinct personality, you can see it all over their face. Horses are awesome!

Cats are my favorites, by far! I love how independent they can be but still so cuddly, playful and sweet. I'm not much of a dog person at all, I don't dislike them but I do have a bit of a fear of them. I've only had one dog that I ever really loved but I had to get rid of her because she got uber jealous when I had my son. I found a wonderful home for her with an older couple with no kids and she's very happy and spoiled. I've always had a love of horses and hope that I can get one one day. Other than that, I really like farm animals. Chickens, goats, pigs, cows, sheep, I love them all. I think I'd be happiest on a farm, perhaps one day I can have a whole farm full of animals.

I love dogs, horses, and dolphins. My daughter wants to have a pet. (She's doesn't care what kind as long as they let her pet it.) Horses are majestic, and stick together. Dolphins protect one another and are fun to be around. Dogs are loyal, cuddly, and sense when you need them. I miss having a dog.

I grew up with digs, but due to a long road of circumstances, I've found my live for cats. Brandie kept telling me I should get a cat because it would help with my loneliness. At the point I would have rather had a dog, but I needed something more independent because I'm not home much. I finally found a cat that I've had for several months. My cat is truthfully one of my beat friends.

The love of an animal is something that doesn't go away. I often have bad days at work, but all of that goes away when I get home and my cat runs to the door to meet me.

I like all animals, but I think that my favorite are horses because they are kind and loyal. Dogs are too, but I can't go dogback riding. 

Well, you might be able to if you got a really big one like a great dane or mastiff *laughs* Those things are like pony sized!!

I grew up with digs, but due to a long road of circumstances, I've found my live for cats. Brandie kept telling me I should get a cat because it would help with my loneliness. At the point I would have rather had a dog, but I needed something more independent because I'm not home much. I finally found a cat that I've had for several months. My cat is truthfully one of my beat friends.

The love of an animal is something that doesn't go away. I often have bad days at work, but all of that goes away when I get home and my cat runs to the door to meet me.

:wink: I'm so glad you have such a great little furry buddy!

I really like birds but they don't go with cats very well. I had a couple of finches a few years ago, my cats ate them :sad: so no more birds for Brandie.

hard to say waht my favuorite other species is - its far easyy to say which oness i cant stand. I lovd our farm's pigs growin up, they wer alwys so frinedly and I especialy loved the piglets, just pickk them up and hold them and hug them; theyy made a big impresion on me because they wer so lovablle, but I loved all th othre animalls too for diferent reasons. I loved our cats too becuse they wer willing to cuddlle with me, thuogh on their own time lol, and amazingg hunters, I learned a bit of body languge from them, like staring peple down and growlin at them when angry (lol theyl usually back off if for no othre reason thatt they are extremly confused by such behaviour). Lol learned alot of body languge from other species, like using licking insted of kissing as signn of affection, and snarlinng when Im fightning; our animalls were some of my only constantt friends growing up (my others were my siblingss, prety much only friends of my own speciess ever near me on day to day basis), and they were nevre cruel to me like my siblngs could be somtimes, so I watchd and learned alot from them. So cant really choose a favuorite, almost all had or have somthing to teach me and thir all beautifull in their own way, so cant choose.

My sister-in-law had ferrets for a while, as did one of my college buddies.  They told me that when a ferret escapes, you'll find it in the absolute last place you'd think to look.  One time my sister-in-law found her ferret in the refrigerator. :blink:

Oh wow, that's so funny! :laugh:

I lost my hamster once when I was about 7. My parents tore the house up looking for it, they finally found it about 4 days later in the sugar bowl. I didn't get another hamster until I was in college... I lost that one too. I was playing with it and it ran under the dresser. When I moved the dresser to get him, he was gone and there was a hole at the base board just big enough for him to fit through. I set out food by the hole hoping he would come back but he never did and eventually I gave up. A couple weeks later my boyfriend (husband now :wub:) noticed a bad smell in the kitchen. We followed the smell to the refrigerator and moved it away from the wall and THERE WAS MY HAMSTER!! He had made himself a nest and everything, he was fat and happy just chillin in his nest but really stinking the place up so I gave him to a friend of mine who likes rodents. 

Maybe that's why they call it "ferreting out" something when you're searching for it? LOL

Kitty person here, definitely. I've always loved the family's dogs (we've only had one at a time, but this is our fourth family dog in total since I was born), too, but if I had to pick between the two, I'd have to say the kitties. :)

Oh yeah, ferrets are adorable!! I hear they're also very mischievous :laugh: probably why I like them!

Tal, did you grow up on a farm? I'd love to have a farm one day.

yes I grew u p on a farm - wasnnt very big,as it mostlly was to feed family and helpp provide for the local area. Centred around ilvestock; owned dairry cows primarly, and some sheep, pigs, and chickens, and we had some cats to keep down mice and a dog for herding - lot of meat then, thuogh we had a small roatation of crops as well. 

Oh yeah, ferrets are adorable!! I hear they're also very mischievous :laugh: probably why I like them!

Tal, did you grow up on a farm? I'd love to have a farm one day.

yes I grew u p on a farm - wasnnt very big,as it mostlly was to feed family and helpp provide for the local area. Centred around ilvestock; owned dairry cows primarly, and some sheep, pigs, and chickens, and we had some cats to keep down mice and a dog for herding - lot of meat then, thuogh we had a small roatation of crops as well. 

That's the kind of farm I would want to have. Small but providing everything you need.

Kitteh!!! I love kitties! Dogs are close second and then dolphins. :)

We have a lot of cat fans here!

I love my doggy but also like cats, specially the bigger wild cats. They are so majestic and beautiful. Also love horses. My family owned a couple when I was growing up and I would ride in horse shows. It was a lot of fun and I got to show my own little quarter horse off. We also used to own a wild stallion that we sold to my uncle who trained her. She became a champion at the horse shows. She was very beautiful. I also like snakes. They have a beauty and personality all their own. Unlike what most people think they are not slimy and quite a few are very gentle and tame.

Everyone say "aaaaawww"!

5524685667_251838a6dd_z.jpg

one.jpg

tumblr_m76cwrVlrr1qjzfymo1_500.png

2240836940_b05af1e652_z.jpg?zz=1

800px-VulpesZerdaScratching_cropped.jpg

Fennec foxes has to be the cutest animals on the earth :wub:  I'm torn wether I'd like one as a pet or not though. Some people have them, and you can tame them to be pets. But it would feel wrong to me I think, to have an animal like that, that has no long history of being a pet. But they are cuuuuuute and I would love to meet some one day :wub:

I love my doggy but also like cats, specially the bigger wild cats. They are so majestic and beautiful. Also love horses. My family owned a couple when I was growing up and I would ride in horse shows. It was a lot of fun and I got to show my own little quarter horse off. We also used to own a wild stallion that we sold to my uncle who trained her. She became a champion at the horse shows. She was very beautiful. I also like snakes. They have a beauty and personality all their own. Unlike what most people think they are not slimy and quite a few are very gentle and tame.

I like snakes too! I've had to learn how to tell the difference between the poisonous and nonpoisonous (not so easy unless you get pretty close) around where I live because I get a lot of snakes in my yard. Most are nonpoisonous but I have found a copperhead, baby rattlesnake, and cottonmouth in my yard before. These I kill as humanely as possible. However I get much more nonpoisonous ones that are very fun to play with. Scarlet kingsnakes are my favorite, they're just so pretty! And then there's the grass snakes and the black snakes, those are pretty cool too. I actually found a blue one a couple months ago, it looked like a grass snake but it was blue! So pretty! There are also some that are brown with black stripes going down the length of their bodies. My cat has caught 2 of those (they like playing with the snakes too lol).

Everyone say "aaaaawww"!

Fennec foxes has to be the cutest animals on the earth :wub:  I'm torn wether I'd like one as a pet or not though. Some people have them, and you can tame them to be pets. But it would feel wrong to me I think, to have an animal like that, that has no long history of being a pet. But they are cuuuuuute and I would love to meet some one day :wub:

I actually looked into getting one of these, they're adorable! They're not legal to have in Georgia (last I checked) but I'm not sure I would have one even if they were. Although very cute, they are not very domestic. They have the need to burrow so you have to provide them with a safe place to burrow, like an outdoor enclosure with fencing all around and under the ground. That's quite a bit of work so until I want to take on another large construction project and drive to another state to find one I'll just have to be without. I would love to meet one though!

Awwwwwww, that fox is adorable indeed! Yeah, a burrowing outdoor animal would not be choice for me as a pet either. I'm not sure whether or not they are legal in Connecticut, but let's put it this way, I have a doggie. I have to take the doggie out on a regular basis, which usually means walking through the yard. The place the fox would probably have to be allowed to burrow in would be ... also the yard. I'd like to be able to cross the yard knowing I'm not about to tread in a hard to see foxhole and end up falling on my face or, worse, wearing the good ol' plaster boot. :)

Snakes are interesting creatures, although we don't get them around here that I've seen. While we're adding crawly things to our discussion, how about spiders? I usually like them, but a lot of folks I know are afraid of them.

Archived