DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Green Ajah Animal Appreciation Week] Favorite Animals

Songstress

Awwwwwww, that fox is adorable indeed! Yeah, a burrowing outdoor animal would not be choice for me as a pet either. I'm not sure whether or not they are legal in Connecticut, but let's put it this way, I have a doggie. I have to take the doggie out on a regular basis, which usually means walking through the yard. The place the fox would probably have to be allowed to burrow in would be ... also the yard. I'd like to be able to cross the yard knowing I'm not about to tread in a hard to see foxhole and end up falling on my face or, worse, wearing the good ol' plaster boot. :)

Snakes are interesting creatures, although we don't get them around here that I've seen. While we're adding crawly things to our discussion, how about spiders? I usually like them, but a lot of folks I know are afraid of them.

I absolutely abhor spiders! *shivers just thinking about them*

We used to have parakeets. They would stare at their own reflection in the mirror for hours. :-)

Aww I miss having birds :sad:

Dogs are my number one, but I am a bit biased!

That's a very pretty dog, Hallia! *pets the pooch*

I have severe arachnophobia, so no, I don't like spiders much :tongue: I get anxious just if someone posts a picture of a spider on FB.

^^This. Yeah, I really can't stand them. I don't mind them if they're outside and at least 10 feet away from me, but I hate it when they get in my house or that terrible feeling when you're walking around outside at night and walk through a spiderweb... *shivers more*

I absolutely love cats, think I was one in a past life hehehe

but my favorite animals are owls and turtles, owls are wise and cute and turtles are so neat and stand for longevity.

so wisdom and longevity, sounds like the makings of a "Gud" long life  :tongue:  :biggrin:

I like rats.

rats_zpsfd928c1e.gif

They're intelligent, social and fairly easy to care for.  They adapt to a human presence pretty quickly and enjoy contact and exploration time.  I had one that used to enjoy sitting on my shoulder and grooming my hair.  They've also adapted to millenia of co-existence with humans and their diet has developed along a trajectory parallel to ours - they'll eat just about anything (this is often abused - I adopted a rescue rat from the shelter once whose last owner only fed her and her litter sugary cereals; most of the pups died of malnutrition or were eaten by each other.)  That said, rats present their own difficulties.  They can destroy just about anything if you aren't paying attention.  Rats also have their own unique health problems that develop very quickly and you have to be prepared for the shock that, almost over-night, your rat is deathly ill and won't be around for much longer.

I'm trying to convince my sister that my niece needs a rat or two in her life.

The picture shows a dragon! Can I use dragons as my favorite animal?! :D

One if my favorite characters I've ever roleplayed rode a silver dragon in a high level D&D 3.5 campaign. Since dragons in that format are highly intelligent shapeshifters that can take human form it was pretty fun to roleplay it out.

So favorite animal, silver dragon:

silver-dragon.jpg

For a slightly less fantastical creature. Percherons:

415135441_0e66bb0efe_o.jpg

Big horses that will actually carry someone my size without straining too hard.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived