DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My dear friends...when I return to Dragonmount...it will be with...

The Fisher King

a VENGEANCE!!!  ;-)

LoL - just kidding. It will be with a Full Review for A Memory of Light.

Until my first read through of this novel, however, (which should be within the next week - the Light willing) - I will be absenting myself from these wonderful forums as I have already (through mostly MY own fault) spoiled myself in a few unfortunate ways. So, as to remove temptation and pure chance from the equation, I am going to break a bit.

Dragonmount rocks. The people here rock. This place has been a good friend to me through some TOUGH times and I am grateful.

So, see you all soon...and: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-)

Fish

How have people been able to spoil things? I haven't noticed no spoilers yet, though admittedly I only ventured into the new spoiler board to see if there was a general quality thread, which I found, though it didn't really say much (though that may be because I skimmed it). 

Yeah, there's a large list of names in there. I'll go no further than that other than to say stay out of it for your own sake.

I've been really good so far, not really spoiled for anything, yet. Kinda bored of speculating/waiting so a break from DM seems like a good idea lest I'm tempted. At this point I'm just majorly nervous of massive disappointment like how I was after Deathly Hallows. Sigh, hopefully not though.

Edit: thanks for the warning. I thought about checking out the quality thread, but I wasn't too keen on testing my luck. Now I know to stay the heck away.

I accidentally clicked on the new board thinking it this one. And it was: Hey cool, new threads!

Opened the first one, and it was a warning by Luckers about full spoilers. Lucky for me, I got out of it without any spoilerage. And thank you Luckers for the going the extra mile for care.

I'm resisting.  I wonlt get mine till the 8th although it's sitting at the book store.  They said they signed an afidavit.

Once upon a time I had a friend who the hats in In-N-Out Burger and wanted one badly, not the ones they give out to customers, but the employee ones. No matter how charmingly we asked they would not give one up. Later that night I stopped in and saw one siing unattended in the backroom(locked, window in door). I bribed some idle employee 10$ to grab it for me.

In retrospect that was wrong, because someone might have had to pay for a new hat, but the book in question belongs to no one but you...

I accidentally clicked on the new board thinking it this one. And it was: Hey cool, new threads!

Opened the first one, and it was a warning by Luckers about full spoilers. Lucky for me, I got out of it without any spoilerage. And thank you Luckers for the going the extra mile for care.

I did the same thing but wasn't so lucky.  I was trying to get to this board and didn't realize that there were now two AMOL sections.  I was also paying attention to other stuff and not looking at what I was clicking.  Then I looked at the screen and saw something major in like three of four words.  Pretty pissed at myself for not looking out.  I'll probably stop reading much beyond D&D until next week.  Be careful folks!

Well, I'm staying here, and my will-power is up to the task of avoiding the spoiler board (Luckers did Barid and myself a solid by taking that board exclusively so we could avoid being spoiled--seeing as how he got an advance copy and we didn't).

As for being in Afghanistan, I think Audible is the best option. It's not optimal by any means, but it's better than waiting for UPS to deliver

I have failed miserably in my goal to avoid this site, you guys and all of the hype I need it...So I will continue to be here lol but never going back to the spoiler thread. Amazon actually delivers timely here but they will not ship until the 8th so I will wait and just get my fix from the post like these.

I've avoided the spoilers board, but I can't seem to tear myself away from this one. I fear that someone who has the book may pretend they haven't and make "predictions" here, though. I probably should leave.

I am keeping an eye on that. Such a thing will be met with fire, subtly.

Suffice to say, you will never hear them scream.

I have been pretty content with just continuing my reread(only on book 7....so screwed....) and have been waiting patiently. Have to admit, though, that seeing the spoiler board has tempted me over the past hour......I clicked on it and read the thread titles almost daring them to spoil anything for me. I will draw the line at actually clicking one one of them though.

I will.

I...will.....

Archived