DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

Sid, I think you're partly right. If Faile isn't with Bela, then 'said' is a poor choice of words. She might 'murmur' it, or think it, but she wouldn't 'say' it. Unless, of course, she just slapped an unconscious Perrin on Bela's back, and this is her send-off.

Regarding the OP failing, the important bit is 'elevate above the common folk'. This can't be the AM talking about how best to make do without the Power. It's about standing and rank, and there's a fair bit of arrogance in the phrase (which isn't necessarily a bad thing. A president, for example, has to be somewhat arrogant. So does any of the wonder-kids, really).

I just had a thought. What if they're speaking of the weirdness in the Power around Ebou Dar? Say, Mat discussing the way the Empire operated without the benefit of its damane, for that period of time? Weak, I know, but one could make it work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be the scene BS was talking about in that Twitter exchange? (no5)

BRANDON SANDERSON

Just wrote a scene with Bela in it.

This scene is one that RJ left instruction for in his notes; it gave me shivers when reading

You can't link the search results. You have to click on the link for the entry and then add the entry number to the end of the url, like so:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=46#58

Obviously, many people noticed this memory was a reference to Rand's first use of the Power. A teaser:

This is one of many instances in the book where Brandon uses something RJ wrote in a previous book. On my reread I'm making a list of them.

I have read so many series where the evil lord etc has entered the hero's mind and attempts to subvert him to the shadow. It would not have been a Sci fi/fantasy series without that :)

But the background behind this quote is probably far more subtle especially as it was most likely done by RJ. Of course Rand is never going to be subverted by the DO at this point especially with such blatant lies, after all that Moridin and Lanfear have attempted to turn Rand.. I do not believe that this is what it seems on the surface. But I really do not have any ideas what he could be talking about atm.

Two things come mind. First, Rand might've heard that VOICE before; whether he did or not, we'll finally have our answer, but more importantly -- Rand had to think that the VOICE was helping him then. How would he react to hearing it in the Pit of Doom? By the way, I don't doubt that the DO believes this about himself; as RJ once said, villains can be most insidious when telling the truth.

Secondly, am I the only one whose mind jumped to Demandred, using the DO's megaphone?

Obviously, many people noticed this memory was a reference to Rand's first use of the Power.

That was my first reaction too. But I agree with Sid - it's weird to give this line to Faile given that she's never seen Bela before.

Two things come mind. First, Rand might've heard that VOICE before; whether he did or not, we'll finally have our answer,

I'm also hoping that we will but a couple of people in this thread claimed that according to some interviews the VOICE at the end of tEoTW will never be explained.

but more importantly -- Rand had to think that the VOICE was helping him then. How would he react to hearing it in the Pit of Doom? By the way, I don't doubt that the DO believes this about himself; as RJ once said, villains can be most insidious when telling the truth.

Secondly, am I the only one whose mind jumped to Demandred, using the DO's megaphone?

Lol, that's always fun to reread.

A bit behind, no real new thoughts to add to most of them.

"What did you do when one power failed, the thing you relied upon to raise you above the common folk".

Don't think it's a DF and the phrasing's wrong to be Elaida, although I think a Suffa pov could be interesting. Also don't think it's WF or WO as they are far more integrated with the 'common folk' and don't see themselves as above. Could be either Ashaman or AS, context (Cads lesson) makes Ashaman more likely, but if so it's a new pov from a neutral member - Androls group consists mostly of 2R men, they're not going to have developed this viewpoint. Can see AS thinking it more easily, but again a new pov character (possibly Lelaine?).

@MrBlack

... Taim was likely turned via a 13x13 circle after he was freed. That may explain why Bashere was wary of whether Taim was actually Taim when they encountered each other in front of Rand.

Can't see a 13x13 being raised to Chosen. I think Taim chose it for himself a long time before he was rescued, he has admitted to using Compulsion on non-Channelers.

Humankind did not have days remaining, but hours.

Today's Memory.  Pretty self-explanatory.  Bad stuff happens.  Although, this is on a world-scale.  Couldn't be the Trollocs no army would wipe out a world-spanning species in a few hours.  Has to be a Dark One event.  My guess is that the Dark One waits for the solar eclipse (or perhaps was responsible for moving the earth / moon into position) and then holds it there, so one side of the world bakes while the other side is steeped in night.  Could be anything though really.  Maybe all the food in the world disappears after Rand breaks the Seals.

LTT's justification for proceeding with his plan to place the Seals without the aid of the female Aes Sedai.

i like this one

I also like this one.

Two things come mind. First, Rand might've heard that VOICE before; whether he did or not, we'll finally have our answer, but more importantly -- Rand had to think that the VOICE was helping him then. How would he react to hearing it in the Pit of Doom? By the way, I don't doubt that the DO believes this about himself; as RJ once said, villains can be most insidious when telling the truth.

My first thought was.....what is the funniest way possible to make that another character using the BIGMANVOICE!.

I decided that the fanrage would be amazing if Hoid got a hold of the DO megaphone and proceeded to tell Rand the only truth in WoT is a cameo from Brandon's books.

I think some might burn Brandon at the stake :laugh:

Obviously, many people noticed this memory was a reference to Rand's first use of the Power.

That was my first reaction too. But I agree with Sid - it's weird to give this line to Faile given that she's never seen Bela before.

It's not weird in context.

Two things come mind. First, Rand might've heard that VOICE before; whether he did or not, we'll finally have our answer,

I'm also hoping that we will but a couple of people in this thread claimed that according to some interviews the VOICE at the end of tEoTW will never be explained.

Not true. Harriet just asked Brandon to keep quiet about it, to the point that he wouldn't confirm or deny it was addressed in the book.

Archived