DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

Two things come mind. First, Rand might've heard that VOICE before; whether he did or not, we'll finally have our answer,

I'm also hoping that we will but a couple of people in this thread claimed that according to some interviews the VOICE at the end of tEoTW will never be explained.

Not true. Harriet just asked Brandon to keep quiet about it, to the point that he wouldn't confirm or deny it was addressed in the book.

Thanks. Nobody provided quotes in that thread supporting the claim that the VOICE would not be explained but it was still unsettling.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seemed to be cracks into nothingness. They drew the light in, sucked it away. It was as if he was looking at fractures in the nature of reality itself.

I wonder if Rand's looking at the seal's

That was one of my first thoughts. 

But I remember a trip to Shayol Ghul with one of the forsaken (Demandred?) about the holes, the caverns in the ground that could swallow a man or a group of men, all hissing steam. I can only imagine what the place looks like the closer we get to the end, with the ground pockmarked and the power of the GLotD sucking in all light, and hope.

I like this memory.. either way!

They seemed to be cracks into nothingness. They drew the light in, sucked it away. It was as if he was looking at fractures in the nature of reality itself.

not at the seals. I would say he is looking at the Bore.

not at the seals. I would say he is looking at the Bore.

I agree. It's got to be the Bore/Shayol Ghul.

First thing I thought of was holes in the pattern, as the pattern slowly begins to be destroyed.

I just don't get the observation of "nothingness". It seems like bad sci-fi of someone saying a black hole looks pretty and then the smarty pants in the room points out they're just looking at an accretion disc. But that could be said of most of the DO's influence so I choose to let it go.

LTT's justification for proceeding with his plan to place the Seals without the aid of the female Aes Sedai.

i like this one

Except we know from the SaSG that there was much more time than that. Months at least...

It could be an exaggeration. The female Aes Sedai think there is at least enough time for a plan, but Lews Therin pretty much thinks its zero-hour and the strike now or die.

LTT's justification for proceeding with his plan to place the Seals without the aid of the female Aes Sedai.

i like this one

Except we know from the SaSG that there was much more time than that. Months at least...

It could be an exaggeration. The female Aes Sedai think there is at least enough time for a plan, but Lews Therin pretty much thinks its zero-hour and the strike now or die.

True, but again the way it is written we know that:

SaSG

The final defeat was at hand; the will of the people to resist was fading, and should any one of the three major offensives commanded by Forsaken break through the end would be only a matter of time, perhaps as little as months.

The offensives had not yet broken through and if they did the end could have come in "perhaps" months. Good call though on him trying to persuade people with exaggeration. It actually fits with what know of LTT from the later part of the series when we realized he wasn't as perfect as initially made out.

Today's memory is - "We'll remember those who fell, and we'll tell our children how we stood when the clouds turned black and the world started to die. We'll tell them we stood shoulder to shoulder, and there was just no space for the Shadow to squeeze through."

Man very bleak and worrisome.

Today's memory is - "We'll remember those who fell, and we'll tell our children how we stood when the clouds turned black and the world started to die. We'll tell them we stood shoulder to shoulder, and there was just no space for the Shadow to squeeze through."

Man very bleak and worrisome.

I love this, very evocative of a phalanx formation. Which kind of makes it sound like a field commander is saying it. I don't see it being Mat, Rand, Egwene, or Aiel.

It sounds like Lan(or Nyneave rallying Malkeri after Lan has fallen maybe) or Perrin. I could see it being Elayne, but it would be a shame to waste such a great line on the princess.

I hope it's Perrin, now that he has embraced being a leader fully it would be a great battle cry for him. And if he is rallying Two Rivers men, it would just be perfect.

Archived