DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

Rand stiffened. He'd known what he was doing, on some level, but to hear it explained was disconcerting.

Moridin explaining what it is to channel the True Power.

Good idea. I do have a question though. Is the use of past perfect fully consistent with this explanation? As a nonnative English speaker I've never been comfortable with these things. I mean, Rand didn't really know what he was doing when he was channeling TP in tGS (LTT did, however). He only fully understood what happened after VoG.

The tense is actually what led me in that direction. Even better would be "He'd known what he had been doing", but I'm not sure we can read so much into that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is obviously Rand and Avi.

This one makes sense.  His attempt to save more than a remnant of a remnant ends up destroying all, from her vision.  Pretty disconcerting.

Not what I meant but since there are kids around, I'll go with it lol.  

yeah, though the other did occur to me, I decided to take the high road with it :rolleyes:

Rand knows he was channelling the Dark One's essence (or HIM, as LTT put it), but how much does he really know about the TP? Considering only a very few were ever granted that particular boon, even during the War of Power, it's likely even LTT didn't know that much about it. Presumably far less than Moridin. There are a lot of possibilities beyond what we already know.

This is obviously Rand and Avi.

This one makes sense.  His attempt to save more than a remnant of a remnant ends up destroying all, from her vision.  Pretty disconcerting.

Not what I meant but since there are kids around, I'll go with it lol.  

yeah, though the other did occur to me, I decided to take the high road with it :rolleyes:

Better man than I.

I love reading this and seeing wich memories got guessed correctly and wich is waaaaaaaay off :laugh:

It's fun  - most of course a way off. And another thing is that a good many of them really wouldn't be worth considering if they weren't Memories. I didn't start reading the Memories until I was well into the book - some of the early ones I simply don't remember. Or some of the ones just now being released were scenes that I didn't really make note of while reading.

I love reading this and seeing wich memories got guessed correctly and wich is waaaaaaaay off :laugh:

It's fun  - most of course a way off. And another thing is that a good many of them really wouldn't be worth considering if they weren't Memories. I didn't start reading the Memories until I was well into the book - some of the early ones I simply don't remember. Or some of the ones just now being released were scenes that I didn't really make note of while reading.

Yeah there are some Memories here who people have read wayyyy more into than the actual setting!

Yes, it's Avi, of course but the real question is what "end" exactly she means here. The simplest would be Avi thinking that she might have to accept the future she saw in Rhuidean. But I'm pretty sure she means something else.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Aiel having to adopt the Way of the Leaf.

It's not nice to taunt people. Like kcf said, most of these are not really great clues. We've only been making wild guesses because we don't have anything better to do while waiting for the book; I doubt many people expected their answers to be correct.

Yes, it's Avi, of course but the real question is what "end" exactly she means here. The simplest would be Avi thinking that she might have to accept the future she saw in Rhuidean. But I'm pretty sure she means something else.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Aiel having to adopt the Way of the Leaf.

I don't see how the Aiel adopting the Way of the Leaf would be a required sacrifice for Rand to win the Last Battle.  Even ignoring Avi's Rhuidean vision where Rand won theLast Battle without the Aiel adopting the Way of the Leaf, any such adoption would need to occur post-Last Battle, as a pre-Last Battle adoption would not really help with anything.

It's not nice to taunt people. Like kcf said, most of these are not really great clues. We've only been making wild guesses because we don't have anything better to do while waiting for the book; I doubt many people expected their answers to be correct.

It wasn't meant as a taunt, but a tease. I never ment to offend anyone. I've been making my own wild guesses and I've had my own share of laughs over things I'd guessed seriously wrong. So no evil spirit intended, just some good natured teasing :)

Yeah there are some Memories here who people have read wayyyy more into than the actual setting!

lol

I wandered how long it would be before someone with the book gave in to the temptation to say something.

Now, please go away and laugh at us somewhere else :tongue:

This could be a realization of Egwene's dream of Rand cutting the straps holding the broken crystal sphere (early ToM). Maybe the Aiel have to be the main fighting force against the Shadow in the Borderlands and Blight; leading to the death of the majority of their spears. Maybe one of Rand's requirements of the Aiel would be to change their purpose from a weapon to a builder/servant of the people.

Archived