DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tor is based in NYC (EST).

I don't know what's the deal, but for what it's worth Barid didn't have an entry for today in his template (I just added it earlier). He might've knew in advance they weren't going to do anything today. Does anyone remember seeing something like that anywhere?

EDIT: tip of the hat to nirth

"What did you do when one power failed, the thing you relied upon to raise you above the common folk". 

as far as i know, typically knights or important people carry swords. common folk don't so much, being out in town or on the farm or what ever they do, they probably don't carry swords that often. it stands out that the Black Tower forces loyal to rand have trained with the sword. should channeling somehow be rendered not possible, the BT battle would be very interesting. i'm probably wrong, but i'm going to go ahead and say the forces use this to their advantage Being outnumbered by those loyal to Taim.

"Run, Bela," Faile said. "If you've kept any strength back, now is the time to use it. Please. Run, girl. Run."

Well so much for midnight release.  Ummm... how does Faile end up on Bela?...  Bela is in the White Tower stables right now right?

Well considering Bela is Demandred, she can Travel. Obviously.

Could the "one power failing" be hypothetical?

Androl to the two rivers group.

When the one power fails, because you are out numbered, you switch to something else: good two rivers longbows

swords, all of rands guys are trained in the sword.

Could the "one power failing" be hypothetical?

Androl to the two rivers group.

When the one power fails, because you are out numbered, you switch to something else: good two rivers longbows

swords, all of rands guys are trained in the sword.
androl makes arm guards for bowmen and the two rivers men are the only ones mentioned as being 100% on logain's side and their bows were mentioned. They will be used to take out some guards, I guarantee it.

There is actually new memory out "What did you do when one power failed, the thing you relied upon to raise you above the common folk".

Expect for wanting to replace the last you with yourself, leaves me sorta unaffected.

That can only be Aes Sedai PoV. But naming that person is difficult as super girls still too connected to common ppl, Pevara doesn't really fit, Siuan and Leanne don't fit after stilling, kinda lost their arrogance there. Moraine and Cadsuane are even worse fit.

Could it be Elaida PoV? She is arrogant and feels entitled enough for the thougth while being damane would explain the failing of one power.

Rand says something similar to Taim in LoC when Taim balks at teaching the men how to use swords. Taim replies that he had followers to rescue him, but we all known Rand got through pretty much on his own.

Two Rivers is probably going to be a pretty big target for the Shadow, because of the main characters. Attack it, and you distract most of the main cast, which could divert the forces of Tar Valon (under Egwene), the Seachan (under Mat) and most of the dragonsworn (under Rand). It's a strategic importance.<br /><br />Hopefully those walls Perrin made can hold up.

Fain already tried this and Perrin isn't worth the effort, or at least he's on the move to Merillor.

I'm surprised that no one's considered that Bela might not be carrying Faile.  What if another is on Bela, incapacited and needing to escape?

I'm sorry, but I can't see the quote working unless Faile is actually riding Bela and therefore directing her movements.  Otherwise she's just speaking aloud to a horse as if expecting it to understand her.  (Yes, Bela is a horse, not the Creator or the DO or the Champion of the Light or what have you.)

Faile has never met Bela to my knowledge (and in all likelyhood has never even heard of her so far), so I hope she isn't suddenly Bela's best friend just by proximity like something in the vein of Rand suddenly being impressed with how great a spymaster Balwer was from a half day of being in the same camp with him.

I'm surprised that no one's considered that Bela might not be carrying Faile.  What if another is on Bela, incapacited and needing to escape?

I'm sorry, but I can't see the quote working unless Faile is actually riding Bela and therefore directing her movements.  Otherwise she's just speaking aloud to a horse as if expecting it to understand her.  (Yes, Bela is a horse, not the Creator or the DO or the Champion of the Light or what have you.)

Faile has never met Bela to my knowledge (and in all likelyhood has never even heard of her so far), so I hope she isn't suddenly Bela's best friend just by proximity like something in the vein of Rand suddenly being impressed with how great a spymaster Balwer was from a half day of being in the same camp with him.

If it is in a situation of desperateness then I can envisage it occurring. Say she is in desperate need of a horse to carry Perrin to safety, she asks for a horse from someone she is given Bella (currently available) who is a "sturdy and dependable horse" and then she urges Bela saying the sentence.. In context it can fit in I would say. As Terez said the "Memories can be easter eggs", effectively they may not be what they seem on the surface. I would say it is common to urge a horse on like that, especially in a context of where she is extremely desparate. What else would she say? "Come on horsey" or something?

Archived