DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Handwriting

Aiel Heart

1) Do we have a graphologist in the building? That'd be cool

2) I was talking about this with a few people somewhere else and thought it'd be a fun conversation/showcase thing here too

So, I have the handwriting of a 13 year old boy no matter which hand I use.

I'm actually ambidextrous but I prefer using my left hand when writing.

A lot of things like throwing an American football and using a computer mouse I can do with both hands about equally, then I actually tend to Sign with my right hand far more than my left.

Soooo here's cursive and print with my left and right hands. Right is lighter and shakier and takes a tad longer, but the end result looks about the same :P

handwriting.gif

(the bottom of the pic went weird somewhere in copying pasting and uploading, but I don't feel like fixing it right now :P )

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My handwriting is really confused. It changes within the course of a sentence, seriously, my note taking pages from my psych. class are so confusing, they look like a heap of different people have written them.

I also adopt traits of other people's handwriting when I write their name or something I strongly associate with them, it's kinda weird...

I'm right handed. :)

My handwriting depends alot on the pen I use. It's weird. I can't use ink pens or my handwriting looks like that of a desperately retarded gorrilla. Ball point pens only work if they have medium to think nibs. The fine nibbed pens make me want to claw my eyes out with a rusty spork.

1) Do we have a graphologist in the building? That'd be cool

2) I was talking about this with a few people somewhere else and thought it'd be a fun conversation/showcase thing here too

So, I have the handwriting of a 13 year old boy no matter which hand I use.

I'm 13 and happen to have very nice handwriting. :dry: I'm right handed.

I have the handwriting of a crack-addicted serial killer.

I cannot remain consistently in one type of font, sometimes even within a single word.

When I was learning to write, I had four different people trying to teach me to write 5 different styles of writing and it all jumbled into a big mass of awful.

I just tell people I don't have to write pretty, I am pretty. (or smart, whichever would win that argument).

The only camera I could use is extremely awful, so it is even more illegible than it normally is, but it is still illegible in real life - I sometimes can't read my own writing :P.

120824-135924.jpg

You told me what that said and i still can't read it.

I have terrible handwriting as well. I have to write a lot for work. I feel bad for the people that have to read it.

My handwriting also changes, depending on my mood and the type of writing implement I'm using. It's fairly decent when I use a pencil, ok when using a fineliner, but really ugly if I try to write with a ball point pen.

Ahaha this has turned out to become a study for me: :tongue:

I don’t know how to judge my handwriting :P My letters tend to levitate slightly when they feel like it… mostly legible I think, and I’ve found it’s a mix of my parent’s handwriting! I round off my n’s and a’s just like mom (who is right-handed like me), and Dad (left handed) has very cool yet very obscure handwriting. He does some of these medieval-dragony-rune-like letters that come from a fantasy obsession since a young age, and I loved to copy them Especially the big E I do like Dad XD

How do you know when you’re ambidextrous?? I’ve only ever learnt to write with my right hand, apart from doodling my name with my left or something. However I just tried writing with my left and – well it’s not a very nice print and the letters lean in different directions (looks like they’re partying) – but I wrote pretty fast, and got all the letters right…o.o I thought I’d somehow be writing in mirrorscript! XD

I do do a lot of physical work with my left, like lifting, raining my horse, etc, although when wielding an axe for firewood I use my right cos I know I have more control there :P

Here’s the same text with both hands for direct comparison:

bothhands.jpg

Then everything on one page:

allwritingz.jpg

Apparently normally my handwriting is normally a rounded blocky-kind, when I try and make it nice. My normal scrawl changes constantly, but at least I can always read it :P And left is complete opposite of right…spikey and tends to lean in the other direction XD

And an example of my random bunched up note-taking for schools stuffs :P I take coughrevengecough on my teachers this way :wink: and only write nicely in assessment final copies. :myrddraal:

shakyspearyscrawlies.jpg

I don’t normally pay attention to my handwriting…assessments do turn out ok, but letters and postcards and stuffs tend to start out nice and linked and ordered and quickly deteriorate into a jumping letter tantrum! :biggrin:

*HISSSSSS* It won’t let my rotate those first two, sorry >:(

This is a page of notes I made in a photography class.

scheimpflug_by_rian101.jpg

This is a flowchart I made describing the "argument" style of a classmate. I had a few beers in me at the time.

a_logical_means_of_nonlogic_by_rian.jpg

A poem in a constructed language called Laoris. The ferny characters on the bottom are the words in the Laoris script. Translation below the cut. :3

DSCN1258.jpg

"I will meet you in the gleaming evening,

I will adorn you in small flowers,

We will cut away the whispering dream

but I must find your grave."

My handwriting has actually improved. I also found that using a finer point ball pen gives me a lot more control when I'm writing and I prefer using a gel ink instead. It's not as messy and dries quicker so my handwritten material overall is vastly cleaner. I might write up a sheet to give you an idea of where I'm at now.

I have been told my handwriting is pretty good. will have to take pictures some time in near future. Have to write really slow with left hand and it still comes out uh..shaky at best....I am only ambidextrous with the computer mouse I guess. I had to practice on my handwriting and it too will change depending on mood and speed. Sometimes can't even read own handwriting when writing very fast. :tongue:

Archived