DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia II: Return to Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing personal but unvote vote Matty, at the very least I'd like to know what pokemon he is and it's role and alignment... I feel the train here is on to something.

After his previous OMGUS vote on lolguy this role/character fishing is not looking good. Maybe lolguy had it right in the begining. I still think Despo is our best bet but could go with a Niel lynch as well.

Taltos, no worries. If I am wrong I am wrong. I have been amazingly wrong about several things in previous games. You think I am mafia because I am wrong about you? Or is there something else that leads you to believe I am mafia?

At Turin ... I agreed with his statement about random voting previously and Matty has been (even for a newbie) acting suspicious ... Besides it never hurts to know someone's role, character and alignment.

Especially as mafia. Helps with planning the kills and blocks and other shenanigans. So at this point do you think Matty is mafia or not?

So let me get this straight. Niel rolefishes, Turin questions him on it. Normal.

Niel says rolefishing is a great idea, and Turin agrees? Since when is rolefishing not scummy? Not to mention Turin backing off that easily....

Unvote, Vote Niel

FoS Turin

Turin, in my opinion isn't voting to keep up appearances in my opinion and Matty, I honestly believe is a Townie just from the overall performance from him... Then with EP I was hardpressed between him and you actually because you both have been borderline scummy ... But I chose you because you chose to place your vote off of preference. I chose BG and Snowweh because they both voted for me with out any evidence. Quote for you coming soon, to your local monitor. :wink:

Ignore the Turin part, I was half asleep when I wrote it and didn't see the sarcasm. Where is my lack of evidence? Nice try though :wink:

Nothing personal but unvote vote Matty, at the very least I'd like to know what pokemon he is and it's role and alignment... I feel the train here is on to something.

It is, is it? Fine, I'm Chinchou! :darkone:

Alignment and Role please. :smile:

http://bulbapedia.bu...nchou_(Pokémon)

Chinchou is here ... Looks unscummy to me! Any counterclaims???

Any special powers or are you a vanilla?

Chichou (spelling is poopy) is too cute to be Mafia.

This whole sequence is just crazy scummy. First there's blatant rolefishing, and he even asks him if he has special powers or is a vanilla, seems like setting Matty up with an easy defense. And after Matty claims Chinchou Niel completely buys it and says Matty must not be scum because... Chinchou is too cute to be mafia? :blink:

This is even more odd considering he tried fake claiming Teddieursa. He says it was a mistake... I dunno bout that.

Before I move on to the other parts of Niel's situation that looks weird tho, I wanted to focus on the character hints Matty was dropping earlier in the thread:

*sinks back into the shadows...*

Only evil pokemon sink into Shadows...

Vote Matrim

Only evil pokemon jumps to a conclusion that quickly...

Unvote Tal

Vote BG

And a frightened pokemon can also sink into shadows, if they're his natural habitat :tongue:

I didn't really say I like shadows! :outraged:

I merely hinted on liking dark places far away from civilisation!

He drops SEVERAL hints about being a pokemon that likes the shadows, but then claims a sea pokemon that is constantly flashing lights? Does no one else think that seems extremely sketchy?

And there has def been some other strange Matty and Niel interation this game:

Turin, in my opinion isn't voting to keep up appearances in my opinion and Matty, I honestly believe is a Townie just from the overall performance from him... Then with EP I was hardpressed between him and you actually because you both have been borderline scummy ... But I chose you because you chose to place your vote off of preference. I chose BG and Snowweh because they both voted for me with out any evidence. Quote for you coming soon, to your local monitor. :wink:

Not only did he buy Matty's claim instantly, but after Matty claims vanilla Niel is suddenly thinking his overall performance is townie?

*eyes Niel suspiciously...*

Has everyone signed up now anyway?...

Another strange interaction between the two, back on like page 3 or something. Inexperienced scum will often throw wink wink nudge nudge comments at each other at the very start of the game.

I know who I'm voting for on Day 2.

This also seemed crazy weird to me, that he would say something like this so early in the day when we didn't really have a great lynch candidate for day ONE yet.

Basically I think Niel and Matty had a little gambit going on where Niel would look like he was pressuring Matty, and Matty would reveal so that he could get pressure off of him quick. Niel backing off of him so quickly and then all of a sudden saying Matty seemed townie while EVERYONE else on his train seemed scummy?

Niel def looks like our best chance at lynching scum today, and his alignment can give us some good info on a couple of others as well

And after Matty claims Chinchou Niel completely buys it and says Matty must not be scum because... Chinchou is too cute to be mafia? :blink:

I thought this bit was particularly odd in a Pokemon-themed game. Aren't Pokemons all sort of cute? Aren't they intended to be cute? I don't know the them, but I do know they are made for maximum cuteness. (Okay, maybe the baddies aren't so cute. I will defer to the people here who know Pokemon on that part.) And Niel seemed to take Matty's claim at face value. He never seemed to really consider that Matty might be telling an outright lie as to who he is. Even granting that "Chinchou is too cute to be mafia", that by no means proves that Matty is really Chinchou.

No, it was a Thak game, either the Heroes vs. Villains one or the Executioner one, can't remember

You must be thinking of the executioner game, since I wasn't scum in the Heroes/Villains game... I was the mod.

Ok then yeah it was the Executioner game. Oh and I should have remembered you were the mod to the other one lol.

Edit to the above: And it just hit me, you mean my gambit with Lily, where we cased each other to our mutual deaths, right?

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. After being called out on your pressure of Lily, you never really came back and defended yourself. The fact that you responded immediately and have made other good points has given me a town read on you at this point.

Vote Niel He was totally rolefishing, and trying to find out who another player was. Seems scummy to me. Also he botched revealing himself. Not even sure if he is telling the truth on his reveal. Seems kinda like an attempt at keeping people from suspecting him by claiming town. He could be a Team Rocket, plus seriously? If you are revealing how do you reveal teh wrong pokemon? Why would you even reveal yourself this early in the game?

We haven't heard from Player, lolguy, Volke, Sunshine, and Rand in quite some time, and I don't even think Marsh has checked in yet. AH, can you poke him please? I think Volke and Sunshine said they were going to be busy I believe, but I'd like the others to chime in cause we're kinda close to someone being hammered and those people really haven't added to the discussion much

WEll despo I've been following the disscusion closely and well I'm trying to work out how the game works and it seems like a lot like politcs ( in some aspects) and I m ӥӧҬ really sure who to vote ϝσя ( or against I guess)

Yeah, sorry, it was India Day and we had this whole event, and I was performing, and everything was hectic, my mom and cousin were both MCs, my dad was helping with tech, we had a bunch of stuff going on, I tried to be as active as possible, but I could only do it on some parts of DM, my Aiel and WT activity have really been down. Anyways, I guess we just wait for his flip now. My opinion was also that he was scummy, the main part being him getting the wrong reveal, sounds like teammates told him to change it and then he did.

I love rolefishing because it seems a simple way to eliminate threats. One. Two, I was almost positive that Matty was telling the truth because AH doesn't seem to be picking "classic" or necessarily well known Pokemon and I am evidence of this along with the other kill. Erm what else. I'm a Town Blah Blah Blah ...

I find it difficult to believe all four mafia would jump straight on the bandwagon without a second thought. I think you're casting about a bit blindly for someone to deflect attention on to. I'm not entirely convinced of your guilt though, I'd like to hear more on why you think role fishing is a good thing

I find it difficult to believe all four mafia would jump straight on the bandwagon without a second thought. I think you're casting about a bit blindly for someone to deflect attention on to. I'm not entirely convinced of your guilt though, I'd like to hear more on why you think role fishing is a good thing

This... especially the bold.

done

I love rolefishing because it seems a simple way to eliminate threats. One. Two, I was almost positive that Matty was telling the truth because AH doesn't seem to be picking "classic" or necessarily well known Pokemon and I am evidence of this along with the other kill. Erm what else. I'm a Town Blah Blah Blah ...

What other kill? You are the first person to die, unless I've forgotten a day kill somewhere along the line.

Eh? You lost me with that sentence in italics. Either way, as you said yourself this is day 1, not a lot to go on, and recently I saw Basel do something I thought was similar in a game where he turned out to be scum. To clarify, in that game he said someone was dodging the questions or something like that, when the fact was they just hadn't posted in a while. Basel ended up being kind of an easy lynch that game (no offense Basel), so I was thinking it could be the same scumtell.

In that game tho, when I and others called him out for that move, he really didn't respond that quickly, and ended up getting strung up. Mebbe he just learned his lesson, but the fact that he responded so quickly to my vote and the manner in which he did, plus the fact that I thought he meant lolguy's absence from the thread when he was talking about evasiveness, when he gave an example of what he had been thinking on, were enough to have me reconsider

I'm about to do a full re-read to figure out who I want to vote, but before I do, Des, I'd just got to wondering if you are talking about Razen's Disney game here.

No, it was a Thak game, either the Heroes vs. Villains one or the Executioner one, can't remember

If he names me mafia, he needs a good reason...

I backed down, AH accidentally counted it ... Hence I was voting for two people. :dry:

Anyway, I believe role-fishing (I have a VERY nice ROD) is awesome revealing Mafia if pressured enough.

I could accuse you all of doing the same at the moment. :dry:

@Bolded: :blink:

How are people voting for you role-fishing? You're really looking pretty suspicious right now...

OK this is going to be my last vote ...

Yes I am Sentret, MY BAD I'M SOOOOO SORRRYYYYY I was looking at another Pokemon related thingy and got confuzzled :wacko: :wacko:

unvote

Listen well to me Sentret, Vanilla Town!

sentret.jpg

Turin sticks out along with several other members who stick out like lions in a swan competition (yes that's original)

Why you ask because naturally everyone would defer to him in the BT ... So it happened with him and the rest of the mafia .... Who hopped on to me REALLY fast ! I will go back and check the primary suspects ... Remember there are FOUR MAFIA so the other 3 knowing I was a Townie with a halfass excuse to be lynched jumped onto the Train to get it into gear. Then everyone else concurred with this fabricated logic. Turin, Snowy, Basel and BG. They are the four that seem the most-mafiaish to me... My rolefishing has nothing to do with anything besides my well being ... Again my apologies for the role mix-up ... RL and DM start to merge after awhile...

VOTE TURIN

First of all, you didn't red your unvote, so I believe your vote on Turin counts. Second, as Basel pointed out, Turin aint voting you. Third, the fact that you are building up his influence in the BT just makes me think you're going along with his plan of setting him up as a town leader. Fourth, voting him when he's not even voting you gives you an easy out to remove your vote once you realize he didn't vote you. Fifth, to the bolded: So you're saying the ENTIRE scum team jumped on your team?! That's a pretty extremely unlikely scenario bro... and the way you say "the other 3" could be you referring to Turin as known scum, which worries me even more about his alignment, but it also could be a slip on your part, in which case you mean the other 3 besides yourself.

All of this is really kind of silly tho, because your botched reveal is really the scummiest thing we have so far today, especially combined with the role fishing and a couple of other things I found. I'll post them in a sec, but for now Unvote, Vote Niel

Except that Turin isn't even voting for you, Niel. And since there are currently five people who are voting for you, how do you arrive at which of them are scum? You don't even mention EP or Matty, so what absolves them in your eyes? You seem to have chosen randomly from the people voting you and picked three.

This connects to what I was going to back and pull up for yall, be back in a sec

Yah I know ... I thought I saw a nice little pattern, but as usual I was babysitting and could've gotten plenty confused ... :wacko: But anyway yah I REALLY botched this game... It's much easier in RL...

What other kill? You are the first person to die, unless I've forgotten a day kill somewhere along the line.

Again wrong game ... Right message partially...

Archived