DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia II: Return to Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

Nothing personal but unvote vote Matty, at the very least I'd like to know what pokemon he is and it's role and alignment... I feel the train here is on to something.

After his previous OMGUS vote on lolguy this role/character fishing is not looking good. Maybe lolguy had it right in the begining. I still think Despo is our best bet but could go with a Niel lynch as well.

Taltos, no worries. If I am wrong I am wrong. I have been amazingly wrong about several things in previous games. You think I am mafia because I am wrong about you? Or is there something else that leads you to believe I am mafia?

At Turin ... I agreed with his statement about random voting previously and Matty has been (even for a newbie) acting suspicious ... Besides it never hurts to know someone's role, character and alignment.

Especially as mafia. Helps with planning the kills and blocks and other shenanigans. So at this point do you think Matty is mafia or not?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matty, how many games have you played?

Basel, If you give lolguy a pass today who are you interested in lynching?

I'm not fully sure who I would vote for, but I don't trust the train on Matty. And I think Matty is in his first game, but I'm not sure.

I'm not fully sure who I would vote for, but I don't trust the train on Matty. And I think Matty is in his first game, but I'm not sure.

Lulz isnt there only 2 votes on Matty at the time of this comment?

"Maby he just wasn't round, but it is suspect, true..."

subtle defense of me. I don't need defending, even though your statement was completely invalid.

He's been around DM on other places... even here on the BT

I wasn't talking about Lolguy. Matty's Mabey he isnt around comment was about me even though I gave a reason (of lazyness) for why I was keeping my vote on Sunrise right below where I was called out.

Nothing personal but unvote vote Matty, at the very least I'd like to know what pokemon he is and it's role and alignment... I feel the train here is on to something.

After his previous OMGUS vote on lolguy this role/character fishing is not looking good. Maybe lolguy had it right in the begining. I still think Despo is our best bet but could go with a Niel lynch as well.

Taltos, no worries. If I am wrong I am wrong. I have been amazingly wrong about several things in previous games. You think I am mafia because I am wrong about you? Or is there something else that leads you to believe I am mafia?

At Turin ... I agreed with his statement about random voting previously and Matty has been (even for a newbie) acting suspicious ... Besides it never hurts to know someone's role, character and alignment.

Wow Niel... The worst case of role fishing ever.

Also Turin, Despo always tries to make an off hand comment about me day 1, so I'm getting a null read on him atm. I think Niel is the better way to go, I'm gonna continue to watch Matty though. After Niel's fishing he does look a bit cleaner though. Unvote Vote Niel

This should be correct.... Sorry I wasn't here much yesterday guys! I was packing. I shall also be scarce today as I am moving back to school.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Taltos (0): Matty

Matty (2): Taltos, BG, Firebird, Niel

Snowy (1): RandA,

Firebird (0): Volke

BG (0): Matty

Niel (1): Chuckles, Firebird

Chuckles (1): Niel, Basel

Sunshine (0): Firebird

Des (1): Turin,

Turin (1): Taltos

Not voting: Everyone else

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is August 20th, 5 PM EST.

I think you are mafia because you are quick to point out I am acting the same way in my one game before when I was mafia when my one vote was obviously a joke because no one had even said anything at that point in the game to make anyone suspicious. You either think I am incredibly stupid to behave similarly to what got me in trouble when I was mafia before, or you are just ceasing on a piss-poor reason to cast suspicions on anyone you can - that seems scummy.

Blech. I had been working on my response to this quote at work earlier, but lost it all when I accidentally hit f5. Well here we go again.

So, I'm slightly bothered so far by Turin's start to this game. It kinda seems like he's trying to use townie cred from a previous game to lay tracks for him to be a town leader this game. The manner in which he fos'd Taltos at the start of the game, and the way he brought up how he caught Taltos as scum last game really stands out. Turin is a good scumhunter, he shouldn't have to bring up last game to try and point out odd behavior from someone.

Watching him carefully right now.

I called him out because the main thing he remembered was that I was trying to lynch him. He WAS MAFIA and had been leaving mafia signs all over( OMGUS, bandwagonning, defensiveness) That he started this game with an OMGUS which has not been moved, and was fairly defensive when I noted it without voting makes me more curious. that you are defending a little bit but only to the point that you can easily turn around and buss him if required is even more troubling. As is the fact that he is being quiet, not making any cases. I know that it hard for newer mafia players to make cases when they know that the cases are bogus. I have some trouble with it still. I would have been in a lot of trouble in GoT if the 3rd party hadn't showed up at just the right time to give me someone I could effectively case.

I am not trying in any way to use previous town flips to vett myself here. Each game is its own. but people are the same in things they will do. I actually have a little time this weekend so am playing more. your casting mild suspicion is troubling.

What's more troubling has been your interaction with Taltos this game. You keep saying he is exhibiting the same sort of behavior he did in the other game, in which he was scum, yet instead of voting him you simply lob the faintest of fos's. Then when he reacts to said fos you continue casting mild suspicion, the same thing you're accusing me of doing, on him without voting.

And I noticed something a little subtle in this part: You say that you still struggle to case well when you're mafia, even bringing up another game to support this, right as you're presenting a fairly large (for day 1) case on me. Really makes it look like you're trying to show that you must be town since you're apparently having no trouble casing this game.

The other thing that bothers me is that you say each game is it's own, yet you continuously bring up other games to support your points. Why are you still doing this? If each game is it's own, you shouldn't need to constantly reference other games to try and help your case out.

Despo, I believe flail was a reference to a mafia member under pressure lashing out all over the place. Not a real part of Pokemon canon. Of course I know very little about Pokemon so I am just playing mafia here. I just thought it odd he would say that all he remembered was my wanting to lynch him. He was mafia. Of course I wanted to lynch him. I was trying to help him learn the whole time too. I still think he can be a very good player. His actions had been similar to those last game so I noted it.

I am happy that you are not getting a pure town read on me. Maybe it is just an attempt to see mafioso behavior in what I do cause I read town to you according to your admission. Or maybe you are his more experienced teammate and helping him out by keeping him calm on his QT and casting doubt on me. :lan:

lolguy is channeling his inner wombat :tongue:

I'll admit that I am trying to look out more for your scumtells in games, the last two times you were scum you had me pretty much fooled the entire time (even in the GoT game I had a town read on you before I was recruited :tongue:).

But I still am worried that you have faintly fos'd a couple of players now, without casting votes. And don't you think it's a little early to say that Taltos' actions are similar to last game? He's posted like, 4 times now? Jumping the gun a bit, are we?

Also, lol @ me coming to the defense of a teammate as scum. You should know that my policy is always to bus at the first sign of trouble :laugh:

From what I can tell, you have to be a slippery little...uh, liar (pg-13) or not mind lying to be good at this game, which I am neither, so I am never going to be good at it and proudly so :tongue: .

You also have to be able to lie very well as an actor, and there's nothing shady about acting. Just look at this as a play or something, and play your part the best you can :wink:

(oh and btw, defensiveness is usually a pretty good scumtell, so unless you wanna start getting strung up by Turin again, I say you just blow it off and case who you think might be scum. Unless you really are scum, in which case disregard, and watch out for teh boogeyman! Rawr!)

Well I chose niel because of ......

:huh:

Eh?

I really wish it wasn't frowned upon to lynch first timers on day 1, cause right now you're kinda acting uberscummy

More questioning my motives. fair enough to be suspicious as no one is town until proven. I am just looking at what I see. His behavior matches what he exhibited as a mafia member in the first game. It is D1 and not much is going on. He is now being quiet perhaps at his teams request hoping that since it is only me so far it will blow over. Then you give him a bit of advice to make it look like you didn't already tell him that in your QT. adding the joke at the end in pure Despo style.

Then another shot at lolguy. put the light on someone else.

You continue to say that Taltos is acting the same way he did as scum in a previous game, yet are trying to use this to springboard onto lynching me. If you think me and Taltos are linked, shouldn't you be voting him instead? After all, going in line with your theory an alignment flip on him could potentially give some info regarding me, where as a lynch on me wouldn't really give you anything on Taltos. Even if I DID flip as scum (which I wouldn't), my defense of Taltos could have been either defending a teammate or trying to attach to a townie. You're trying to do this backwards. If you think there's a connection between two people, you don't lynch the person doing the defending to get info on the other, you lynch the one being defended that way you can see if the connection was legitimate. Obviously if Taltos flipped scum at this point, things wouldn't look that good for me.

Seems to me like you're just trying to use the case on Taltos as an excuse to take me out, and your sudden tunnelvision on me supports this. And the bolded is just pure conjecture. You're just spouting whatever theories you think could help support your case. You're tunneling this hard on a townie this early in the game seriously makes me doubt that you could be anything other than scum.

And how could you not see what I quoted from lolguy as scummy? A bunch of others noticed it, and yet you try to make it seem like me pointing out an obviously strange post is somehow redirecting.

Man, I was kinda expecting a bit more spam from this game after what AH kept goin on about. Not complaining tho, just kind of weird lol.

I'm not really liking tthe quick build up on lolguy here. I know I originally fos'd him, but imo too many people are jumping on that bandwagon too quickly, and I haven't seen him post again since then so I don't know how he could be being evasive as Basel put it. In fact, I saw Basel try to use the same tactic as scum recently in another game, say someone was dodging or being evasive when they just hadn't posted in a while.

Another thing that stood out to me:

Why would EP leave his vote on Sunrise after being told that he had missed the OP which told us there were 4 scum? Scummy move imo.

This also seemed completely bizarre to me:

I

Explain properly please. It's not the done thing to lynch new players on D1 but saying things like that is likely to see that set aside

Yeah, this is pinging me a lot. If not Day 1, Day 2 you are looking like a viable lynch, lolguy.

If you're town, please try to do townie things, like scumhunt. If you're scum, please keep acting like such and make town's job easier :wink:

Which means you're town...

First Matty clears John on just bizarre reasoning (I'm not saying I think John is scum yet, but Matty should never have thought that post was worth claiming that John was town from), and then after EP tells him "Not necessarily", Matty responds with:

If he's not just acting like it ofcourse... :dry:

FoS...

(picture removed to make post look neater)

Why would he clear John them immediately FOS him? Or perhaps he doesn't quite understand how the fos thing works... /shrug

So far I'm wary of Turin, although tbh that was kind of a faint read on him, even for day 1, Basel, and EP. Sorry Basel, but I'm gonna use meta on this one.

Here you vote Basel because you saw him use this tactic in an earlier game? Saying that someone that made a vote with no real reason was being evasive when asked for said reason. This smacks of just picking a random thing on a random person and seeing if it gets traction. Any lynch will do as long as it isn't your team. curious.

Eh? You lost me with that sentence in italics. Either way, as you said yourself this is day 1, not a lot to go on, and recently I saw Basel do something I thought was similar in a game where he turned out to be scum. To clarify, in that game he said someone was dodging the questions or something like that, when the fact was they just hadn't posted in a while. Basel ended up being kind of an easy lynch that game (no offense Basel), so I was thinking it could be the same scumtell.

In that game tho, when I and others called him out for that move, he really didn't respond that quickly, and ended up getting strung up. Mebbe he just learned his lesson, but the fact that he responded so quickly to my vote and the manner in which he did, plus the fact that I thought he meant lolguy's absence from the thread when he was talking about evasiveness, when he gave an example of what he had been thinking on, were enough to have me reconsider

I'm not really liking tthe quick build up on lolguy here. I know I originally fos'd him, but imo too many people are jumping on that bandwagon too quickly, and I haven't seen him post again since then so I don't know how he could be being evasive as Basel put it. In fact, I saw Basel try to use the same tactic as scum recently in another game, say someone was dodging or being evasive when they just hadn't posted in a while.

Despo, this might make a lot more sense if he had simply voted and then not posted at all since then. But when he was pressed for a reason, he did post, and avoided giving any explanation. In fact, it looks like he made a point of not giving any explanation. This post by him certainly seems evasive as far as I can tell.

Eh I really wouldn't call it evasive per se, but I can see what you mean. And I had seen that before, I just assumed you meant he was being evasive because he hadn't returned to the thread yet.

... I know. which is why I'm fos'ing EP for not removing his vote after being told about that

Maby he just wasn't round, but it is suspect, true...

That thing with Lolguy on Niel + 0 reason is also though and I'm leaning more to voting on him for day one...

Lolguy! Come and save yourself! ...

what? I posted right after Rand basically saying I was going to keep it there for the time... if you are going to try this tactic atleast don't fail at it. unvote vote Matty

That is a good point, even tho I don't like how you didn't remove your vote right after, it does kinda seem like Matty is trying to defend you while still making you look scummy. Altho... that kinda seems like too good of a play for a relatively new player. Sorry Matty.

Unvote for now. I still don't want to get lolguy lynched in his first day, but he def needs to come back and explain himself. AH, would you be able to poke him for us please?

No one bit on the Basel redirect so pull it back and cast suspicion on lolguy. Setting him up for later as a fallback D1 lynch( I really don't want to lynch the new guy but...) or an easy D2 lynch as the work will have been done today. Very much in line with mafia Despo. lol could even be mafia. as Despo says himself he is a big fan of bussing his teammates to look townie.

curiouser.

I already explained my reasoning for the unvote above, but I must say you are continuously trying to ascribe motives to my actions when you have nothing to back it up. I'm not setting anyone up for lynches, I'm commenting on the stuff I'm noticing on thread. You know, scumhunting. You on the other hand, are tunneling like crazy and are trying to set yourself up as the town leader.

Notice this:

Hmmmm..... Where IS everybody? What happened to my active BT players? *pout*

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Taltos (0): Matty

Matty (3): Taltos, BG, Firebird

Snowy (1): RandA,

Firebird (0): Volke

BG (1): Matty

Niel (1): Chuckles

Chuckles (2): Niel, Basel

Sunshine (0): Firebird

Not voting: everyone else

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is August 20th, 5 PM EST.

So Taltos OMGUS'd Matty, BG voted Matty for slinking into the shadows, EP voted Matty for defending him or buddying up if you will.

RandA "joke" voted JohnSnow because it is hot in Cali.

Matty OMGUS'd BG after "joke" voting Taltos

lolguy voted Niel with no reason after he had already failed to "joke" voted Matty due to lack of bold.

Niel waits and then OMGUS'd lolguy when it looks like everyone is suspicious but are lean towards the D1 noob pass. basel joins that train for lack of explanation.

You're trying to give everyone little voting recaps now, only painted from your perspective.Perhaps with all the newer players in this game you think you can get everyone to sheep onto your reasoning. I'm not buying it. I've never seen you act this way as town. Normally when town you hang back a bit at first, letting the game come to you and developing your thoughts over time.

The only thing I can think of is that you're either trying to set yourself up as the town leader to set up lynches left and right, or you're trying to draw enough attention to get a viewing on yourself.

not a lot to go on yet. I am suspicious of Taltos for his actions being similar to a time he was mafia. I am suspicious of Matty for his actions already noted and for his seming buddying to EP. I am somewhat suspicious of Basel for placing that second vote on lolguy. Mostly I am suspicious of Despo for his apparent defense of Taltos, his seeming setup of lolguy and his half hearted case of Matty.

Taltos, if not Matty then who would you like to lynch?

Vote Despo.

Notice how you ask questions of the others on your list, except for me? Apparently you don't want to give me the same shot at defending myself.

Incidentally, I'm noticing some faint defense of Mat here. You say my case on him was halfass, or something like that, and then lob a softball question at him at the end. You know that he is a newer mafia player, that he is going to respond that he hasn't been in that many games, so it's like you're setting up an easy out for you to withdraw your fos from him.

More to follow

pre-edit: apparently have too many quotes here, gotta remove some...

Eh, screw it. I'm too sleepy. I'll post my other thoughts later. The main thing I was gonna bring up tho are some inconsistencies with Mat's claim. Remember when he was hinting at a pokemon that liked the shadows? I don't see how that would fit with the pokemon he claimed, a sea pokemon that flashes lights.

There was other stuff too, but I'll reread again later to remind myself of what I was going to say

For now, I'll just Vote Turin. I would vote Matty cause a flip on him would tell us more about Turin as well, but I kind of have to extend to him the same courtesy I'm giving to other newbies.

That's your gift for the day from me Matty :wink:

Especially as mafia. Helps with planning the kills and blocks and other shenanigans. So at this point do you think Matty is mafia or not?

So let me get this straight. Niel rolefishes, Turin questions him on it. Normal.

Niel says rolefishing is a great idea, and Turin agrees? Since when is rolefishing not scummy? Not to mention Turin backing off that easily....

Unvote, Vote Niel

FoS Turin

Vote Niel, acting suspiscious from what I can gather...

Turin asked him if he thinks me mafia or town... Niel said he had to check something and hasn't sufficently stated what he thinks, if he had said he thinks me town, he'd have to back down, this would be uncomfortable for him if he would be mafia...

Eh? You lost me with that sentence in italics. Either way, as you said yourself this is day 1, not a lot to go on, and recently I saw Basel do something I thought was similar in a game where he turned out to be scum. To clarify, in that game he said someone was dodging the questions or something like that, when the fact was they just hadn't posted in a while. Basel ended up being kind of an easy lynch that game (no offense Basel), so I was thinking it could be the same scumtell.

In that game tho, when I and others called him out for that move, he really didn't respond that quickly, and ended up getting strung up. Mebbe he just learned his lesson, but the fact that he responded so quickly to my vote and the manner in which he did, plus the fact that I thought he meant lolguy's absence from the thread when he was talking about evasiveness, when he gave an example of what he had been thinking on, were enough to have me reconsider

I'm about to do a full re-read to figure out who I want to vote, but before I do, Des, I'd just got to wondering if you are talking about Razen's Disney game here.

So let me get this straight. Niel rolefishes, Turin questions him on it. Normal.

Niel says rolefishing is a great idea, and Turin agrees? Since when is rolefishing not scummy? Not to mention Turin backing off that easily....

Unvote, Vote Niel

FoS Turin

My last comment was stating that mafia want to know players roles to help with night actions. Therefore role fishing is scummy. I stated that although I prefer a Despo lynch I am more than willing to go along with lynching Niel.

Maybe John Snow really does know nothing.

All right. I am gonna vote Niel. I didn't care much for his role-fishing. Role fishing is generally scummy, and he seemed to push it a bit hard. I'm looking at the whole Turin/Despo interaction, and thinking this could go either way. They both have good points on each other, but they are both good, experienced players, so I'm not seeing much to tilt the balance enough to see which one is right. If either is right, or if they aren't both scum trying o distance. It's only D1, I want more info on them.

If he names me mafia, he needs a good reason...

I backed down, AH accidentally counted it ... Hence I was voting for two people. :dry:

Anyway, I believe role-fishing (I have a VERY nice ROD) is awesome revealing Mafia if pressured enough.

I could accuse you all of doing the same at the moment. :dry:

Vote Niel, acting suspiscious from what I can gather...

Turin asked him if he thinks me mafia or town... Niel said he had to check something and hasn't sufficently stated what he thinks, if he had said he thinks me town, he'd have to back down, this would be uncomfortable for him if he would be mafia...

I went back to check if you mentioned anything about not knowing anything about Pokemon .... I couldn't find anything so I removed my vote.

Archived