DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer

Luckers

Is there a way that the 13x13 thing on the Red sisters in the Black Tower could somehow unbind them from the Oath Road ? It seems to me they would be quite useless in battle on the Dark side if they can't attack without provocations.

I don't see how it would. The binding was the punishment short of severing during the AoL. Even Semirhage wanted to avoid it badly. I doubt she would have been too worried if they had known an easy way to undo it. If it comes out that the bondings actually come off, I bet the shadow was as surprised about it as we are. But it should not. 13X13 affects your moral compass more than anything else. Changing your mind doesn't matter one bit after your Oaths are already made.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a way that the 13x13 thing on the Red sisters in the Black Tower could somehow unbind them from the Oath Road ? It seems to me they would be quite useless in battle on the Dark side if they can't attack without provocations.

Moridin had three oath rods in his collection that Graendal could spot. One of them or an unseen fourth could have been sent to the BT for removal and probable reswearing of black oaths.

While we're on the subject of Verin, why didn't she just tell Egwene that an enormous army of Shadowspawn was heading to Caemlyn? Why was it necessary to only let Mat be the whistleblower?

She was trying to delegate. She was already giving Egwene the BA and Mesaana to deal with which is enough for anyone.

A better question might be: Why do we expect Verin to be more infallible than anyone else?

What did the place where he was killed have to do with the DO being unable to trasmigrate his soul?

Traitors die the ultimate death. I have just always to understand that to mean that once the traitor dies, the Dark One erases the traitor's thread permanently from the Pattern.

Not sure if this is really a simple question but I was thinking last night, if and when the Seanchan attack the White Tower again and should they capture Mesaana and put an a'dam on her, would that work? Does the one with the a'dam need to be of sound mind?

It would definitely hold her, but whether she could be used effectively is hard to say, since we have conflicting information on how much a damane controls her own channeling. Tuon was able to control Joline's channeling almost completely, but Renna seemed to need Egwene to comply with what she wanted Egwene to do.

-- dwn

What did the place where he was killed have to do with the DO being unable to trasmigrate his soul?

Traitors die the ultimate death. I have just always to understand that to mean that once the traitor dies, the Dark One erases the traitor's thread permanently from the Pattern.

It was said that the Dark One was unable to transmigrate him... not that he chose to have him un-transmigratable (yes, I just made that word up).

Who was the man Moiraine saw while waiting for Matt and Thom to show up?

Likely Moridin or one of Moridin's men. Moiraine also remembers him saying she wasn't the one he was looking for and as far as we know Lanfear was the only other person in there ergo, he was likely there for Lanfear. The fact that Cyndane makes her first appearance mindtrapped by Moridin also support this.

For the life of me I can't remember what group was voted to appear in AMOL...I remember there were 3-4 choices, and the army was to represent the fandom, we chose the winner, the banner, etc. Which of the groups won? I barely remember 1 of the options. I am asking because I think we'll see them pop up here in the next book to likely save the day with Lan or one of the other epic battle points. Does anyone remember or have a link to the results?

Likely Moridin or one of Moridin's men. Moiraine also remembers him saying she wasn't the one he was looking for and as far as we know Lanfear was the only other person in there ergo, he was likely there for Lanfear. The fact that Cyndane makes her first appearance mindtrapped by Moridin also support this.

I had thought it was Slayer, as we have seen him enter the tower itself.

No, we did not. We saw him head towards the tower in T'A'R while being chased by Perrin. He got near it and vanished. He did not stop, pull out a bronze knife and carve a door. Perrin simply assumed he'd gone in, and started trying to figure out how to do it himself, at which point Birgitte warned him off. The best explanation, considering that he had absolutely no reason to actually go inside (what with being a bit busy terrorizing the Two Rivers and hunting Fain) and the books never connecting him to the 'Finns in any other way, is that he was simply leading Perrin on and hoping he'd be dumb enough to enter and get himself stuck. All he had to do was insta-hop back to the Two Rivers, in just the same way as we've seen other people in T'A'R do.

I don't know if this was asked before so please let me know. I have two simple questions:

1 - When Gawyn realises that Egwene is in danger and asks one of the women on duty to open a gateway from Camelyn, he notices how she closes the gateway behind him too fast, close enough for him to almost lose a leg. Is this a hint of a darkfriend within the Kin? Seemed a bit too obvious.

2 - The black thorns of madness in Rand's head are coated with white substance. Is this the Creator interfering directly in the events to heal Rand's madness? Or did he somehow heal himself?

Sorry if the questions are silly. I am very new to the series. Thanks!

I don't know if this was asked before so please let me know. I have two simple questions:

1 - When Gawyn realises that Egwene is in danger and asks one of the women on duty to open a gateway from Camelyn, he notices how she closes the gateway behind him too fast, close enough for him to almost lose a leg. Is this a hint of a darkfriend within the Kin? Seemed a bit too obvious.

2 - The black thorns of madness in Rand's head are coated with white substance. Is this the Creator interfering directly in the events to heal Rand's madness? Or did he somehow heal himself?

Not silly at all.

1. I thought it was b/c she was tired

2. Good question indeed. Maybe...

It was said that the Dark One was unable to transmigrate him... not that he chose to have him un-transmigratable (yes, I just made that word up).

Also the DO as not the power to erases thread for the pattern that Balefire only

1 - The gateway almost definitely cut off at the moment Perrin brought the dreamspike to Tar Valon.

2 - It's anyone's guess, but RJ has established that the Creator won't take any hand in anything. I tend to think the white light is just Nynaeve's visualization of the balance Rand achieved when coming to terms with his madness.

There are very few silly questions. If you want some, though, check out the Asmodean thread.

-- dwn

1 - The gateway almost definitely cut off at the moment Perrin brought the dreamspike to Tar Valon.

2 - It's anyone's guess, but RJ has established that the Creator won't take any hand in anything. I tend to think the white light is just Nynaeve's visualization of the balance Rand achieved when coming to terms with his madness.

There are very few silly questions. If you want some, though, check out the Asmodean thread.

-- dwn

Thanks! The DreamSpike makes a lot of sense.

ok this might be dumb but in what chapter does the tarna thing take place? read the book didnt see it unless its in one of the elane chapters cause i skim those a lot of times reading the book 2nd time now lol

thanks for putting up with this question as my name says i come with a bong

hahahahahahahaha :wink:

That would still fall under "Moridin's men" since Slayer is the two souled man that Moridin lends to Graendal along with the dreamspike.

ok this might be dumb but in what chapter does the tarna thing take place? read the book didnt see it unless its in one of the elane chapters cause i skim those a lot of times reading the book 2nd time now lol

Don't have any exact chapter number but it is near the end of the book. A Black Tower chapter from Pevara's POV.

Don't have any exact chapter number but it is near the end of the book. A Black Tower chapter from Pevara's POV.

Chapter 53: Gateways. Starts on page 771.

Chapter 56: Something Wrong is where the rest of that picks up and finishes. That's the second last chapter so just flip to the end and then skim back a a couple dozen pages.

comment: Concerning Moghedien's ability in Tel'aran'rhiod...even Mesaana says that Moghedien's ability in the dream outstrip Lanfear's ability...but that she would never attack Lanfear because of Lanfear's strength and skill in the One Power. This makes me think that although she was far superior, she still had her flaws in the dream. Perhaps when Nynaeve created the a'dam for her, she accepted that it was there immediately instead of denying it, which made it harder to undo since Nynaeve had already accepted that it was there.

Question:

1. So the Aelfinn and Eelfinn "eat" the ability to channel the One Power? This is why Lanfear died, and why Moiraine is reduced in ability?

Chapter 53: Gateways. Starts on page 771.

Chapter 56: Something Wrong is where the rest of that picks up and finishes. That's the second last chapter so just flip to the end and then skim back a a couple dozen pages.

yah know i probally read it and just didnt realize it with to crazy kids in the back ground its kinda hard to concintrate at times hahahahah

Archived