DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer

Luckers

My simple question:

What do we know about the Broken Crown?

Crown of Saldaea. Currently held/worn by Tenobia who is unmarried and has no issue. Next in line of succession is Davram Bashere, followed by his daughter whom we know as Faile.

I'm pretty sure that the broken crown refers to Min's viewing where she sees a wolf, a broken crown, and trees all around him. Presumably the broken crown symbolizes Manetheren, or possibly Perrin's refusal to take up leadership. The other common theory is Perrin being crowned king of Saldea due to Tenobia having no heirs, though I don't know how he could be Lord of the Two Rivers and rule in Saldea at the same time. I don't think we've ever had a description of what the crown of Saldea looks like.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Tarwin's Gap the only way into the northern lands along the Blight Border that we know of? I'm assuming that the Trolloc attack on Heeth Keep is the same one that Lan Charges at Tarwin's Gap, unless the entire Blight is not blocked off by mountains as I think by JRs map. Help plz.

*Update: I just reread introduction, and think I just answered my own question. Heeth tower sends its messengers to the next tower along the line south toward the Aesdaishar Palace in Chachin. At the same time, or perhaps just after, (dang time-line) in Maradon, Ituralde fights an unexpected battle of overwhelming odds. So my guess is YUP, plenty of open ground for hordes of Trollocs to travel tween. My bet is fists are attacking each city along the Blightborder. Which might mean Lans Charge at the Gap may be happening at the same time, as the Trollocs haven't crossed it.

Sry about double post, but I have another (or perhaps first) simple question which I CANT answer without digging in a book I don't have. Can wielders of the True Power sense one another channeling? From Grendals description, I didn't get the feeling they would. Can anyone see what the Watcher had to say about it?

Sry about double post, but I have another (or perhaps first) simple question which I CANT answer without digging in a book I don't have. Can wielders of the True Power sense one another channeling? From Grendals description, I didn't get the feeling they would. Can anyone see what the Watcher had to say about it?

Graendal can see the weaves when Moridin channels in front of her.

Graendal can see the weaves when Moridin channels in front of her.

Yes, I remember that now. But I meant in more terms of the glow woman see or the presence of a man holding saidin.

WH, Chapter 13:

Demandred flinched in spite of himself. That had been the True Power; he had felt nothing

heya, im not sure if this was asked before (i mean the general discussion topic similar to this, putting it here since im incluiding a spoiler)... since i joined the forum recently and theres way too many pages to check, sry if it was.

1 - how were/are ppl turned into darkfriends (at least before the forsaken were free, not sure if ishmael was free only during some time or always)? was it through Myrddraal that the "conversation" happened, since darkfriends dont necessarely know others?

2 - about ta'veren, does the idea of Ta'veren being the Creators "champions"? maybe its obvious from the fact that they only appear when the wheel needs them (they usually fight the "dark side", trolloc wars and the current struggle are the only ocasions i can think of ta'veren), or maybe its senseless. When rand/min go into darlin rebelius camp, min says the ta'veren influence events with a certan balance (good things vs bad things)... but from TGS, in arad domain since rand appears bad stuff happened while there wasnt any good counterpart (i think).. this could be from the fact that rand stops caring about consequences, and in the end thinking about destroying the pattern (doing DO job basicly, the oposite of Creater). This would explain events like the chapter "apples first" (think thats the name), and maybe that light stoping madness, meaning Rand would be in Creaters favor.

Well, once again, the second question might be senseless.. it crossed my mind like 15min ago and just thought i might aswell ask.

sry for my english, my syntax is quite awfull.

cumps

WH, Chapter 13:

Demandred flinched in spite of himself. That had been the True Power; he had felt nothing

Demandred doesn't have access to TP so this doesn't answer the question.

Another TP user can see the weaves but there's nothing in the text to indicate if another TP user can see a glow ala saidar or sense that TP is being held ala saidin.

I'd guess probably not - because that same Graendal PoV in ToM didn't mention it but that's not a guarantee.

I just ran across this:

Tamyrlin: Is Lanfear the only surviving person that is aware of how the Bore was created?

Maria: I don’t know. Mesaana or Demandred might know.

Now I'm wondering: In order to un-make the bore, will Rand need to know how it was created?

In other words, will he need Cyndane's cooperation and assistance to win the Last Battle?

heya, im not sure if this was asked before (i mean the general discussion topic similar to this, putting it here since im incluiding a spoiler)... since i joined the forum recently and theres way too many pages to check, sry if it was.

1 - how were/are ppl turned into darkfriends (at least before the forsaken were free, not sure if ishmael was free only during some time or always)? was it through Myrddraal that the "conversation" happened, since darkfriends dont necessarely know others?

2 - about ta'veren, does the idea of Ta'veren being the Creators "champions"? maybe its obvious from the fact that they only appear when the wheel needs them (they usually fight the "dark side", trolloc wars and the current struggle are the only ocasions i can think of ta'veren), or maybe its senseless. When rand/min go into darlin rebelius camp, min says the ta'veren influence events with a certan balance (good things vs bad things)... but from TGS, in arad domain since rand appears bad stuff happened while there wasnt any good counterpart (i think).. this could be from the fact that rand stops caring about consequences, and in the end thinking about destroying the pattern (doing DO job basicly, the oposite of Creater). This would explain events like the chapter "apples first" (think thats the name), and maybe that light stoping madness, meaning Rand would be in Creaters favor.

Well, once again, the second question might be senseless.. it crossed my mind like 15min ago and just thought i might aswell ask.

sry for my english, my syntax is quite awfull.

cumps

First : Mainly greed or foolishness for some they turn to the shadow in despair or lack of choice ( Verin Ingtar) it don't take much to turn weak will to the shadow , of course the shadow may use threat or the like .

Second: Ta'veren as Loail stated are not Creators "champions" this is Rand , they are people chooses by the wheel to shape the pattern in a way ; most are hero of the horn .

Rand bad effect on the pattern had been explain by Brandon Sanderson , With Rand you have not only a Ta'veren but the Dragon Reborn , and as some prophecies says the land is one with the dragon . Rand was utterly affected by the shadow (madness , guilt ,Morri plot) so it carries with him that growing darkness up to the end of Tgs .

I may be mistaken

Does anyone know when Mat gets out of the tower relative to the other time lines?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. While in interviews Team Jordan said by the end of ToM/start of aMoL the characters will be reunited (mostly), I think that's just the chars at the Fields of Merrilor. As we're unsure about the way time flows in the Land of the Finns I fear we'll just have to wait til Grady makes a hole in the air for Mat and Co

hi guys,

Was hoping someone could refresh my memory. What is the 13x13 process again? i remember it being said quite a lot in the 2nd book then it faded to nothing.

Also the Ashaman that Rand sent in with a disguise to the black tower - what happened to him? was he the one that Androl said that he had lunch with him and didn't seem the same?

Last question. The wierd spots of blight around perrin's camp - is that because Fain walked in that area?

Was hoping someone could refresh my memory. What is the 13x13 process again? i remember it being said quite a lot in the 2nd book then it faded to nothing.

13 df channelers channeling through 13 myrddraal to turn their victim (who must also have the channeling ability) to the Shadow. Or was it bring out his/her worst possible personality, which pretty much amounts to the same thing.

Since this is the forum for ask a simple question, I have one.

What happens to Brigitte when the Horn of Valere is blown in the final battle? Does she stayed bonded to Elayne, or does she go back to being attached to the Horn and TAR?

Nobody knows at this point. Several speculations, but no facts.

Since rand is tlaking about smashing em up |I assume he has all the remaining seals?

I thought maybe there was one still missing.

Top my head

1.Eye of the World - with the horn ect Given to the white tower Whole

2. Great Hunt - Held by Seanchen grabbed by Morianne

3&4. Dragon Reborn- 2 found there? 1 with Belal in Tear Another with Male Adam in Panach palace

5. Lord Of Chaos Taim brings one to Rand.

1 2 and 5 are OK?

3&4 broken.

I cant reber how many there are suppposed to be and who has them all now.

What happens to Brigitte when the Horn of Valere is blown in the final battle? Does she stayed bonded to Elayne, or does she go back to being attached to the Horn and TAR?

Probably not - it didn't work on Rand who is apparently a HotH.

It seems to work on them only when they're in TAR in between lives.

13 df channelers channeling through 13 myrddraal to turn their victim (who must also have the channeling ability) to the Shadow. Or was it bring out his/her worst possible personality, which pretty much amounts to the same thing.

I seem to remember that for the 13 DF channelers to work, they had to be linked in a circle (i.e. 13 female). However in the black tower, there are only male channelers, unless he managers to get some of the Aes Sedai to help.. but they weren't allowed to bond the ashaman, only dedicated and soldiers?

Probably not - it didn't work on Rand who is apparently a HotH.

It seems to work on them only when they're in TAR in between lives.

Rand was specifically reborn. Birgitte has the unique situation of being ripped from TAR, so technically she should still be a part of TAR; it's unknown if that will have an effect on her when the Horn is sounded.

As it is, I'm pretty sure RJ rafo'd this question at one point.

Archived