DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

You wake to find blood and carnage around you. You realise that you have to get on with the mission. So leaving those dead behind you head south towards Mordor. Even though Sauron is dead, you know that there a still foul things that wish to get their hands on the ring.

So down towards the Black Gates you go!

Som1 -  Radbag is dead

Thorkin – Merry is dead

Thorum – Aragorn is dead

TMD – Arwen is dead

Charis -  Ugluk is dead

Meesh – Denethor is dead

There are now 8 of you left

It takes 5 of you to lynch.

:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um.....*gulp*....wow.  :o

I forgot one of the axioms of Mafia: It's never over until it's over!

Right, so 8 of us left, and there cannot be more than one mafia left.  With that kind of a slaughter, one can only assume that a killer had the ring.  I wonder if I was also a target, thank the light for protecting me. 

Gonna go change my shorts and then have a reread.  :-\

Ok, I've taken liberties in adding what the Mod is likely in the process of doing as we speak....

Bold = Confirmed!  Italics = possible  Red = Scumbag  Brown = Solo  Green = Town

The Players:

1. Ellianora - claims Treebeard

2. TheMasterDude – Arwen is dead

3. Locke

4. mmeeshal – Denethor is dead

5. WWWwombat - Eowyn Killed by the Old Willow day 1

6. LedZepMan - Saruman Night killed Night 3

7. aemonkristen - Legolas

8. dragonsworn1991 Night Killed - Night 1

9. ed2funy - Gimli Night Killed - Night 2

10. ThorkinBarrimore – Merry is dead

11. Thorum – Aragorn is dead

12. Amadine - Frodo Night Killed - Night 2

13. MCS - Celeborn Night killed Night 3

14. Charis al'Aslan -  Ugluk is dead

15. Lia - Boromir

16. Tigs - Grima Wormtongue Day 4 lynched

17. Pookie - Gandalf

18. Al Jenn - Eomer - Day 1 Lynch

19. Marta Sedai - Faramir

20. Talm - claims Elrond

21. Blig Blog - Lugdush Killed in the Mines

22. Efrit - Grobag killed by an Ent

23. dapianoplay3r - foolish, hairy-footed character....Pippin?

24. Millon - Sauron - Day 3 Lynch

25. David Hermes - Sam - Night Killed - Night 2

26. Som1else -  Radbag is dead

27. Mynd - Elvish Presley

28. Adella - Theodin - Night Killed - Night 2

Um, yeah.  Locke, who do you think we should lynch?

I can see either Ellianora or Locke as the last bad guy. Or perhaps they are both bad guys. I really have a hard time believing the Ent claim. Ther are other main characters in the story that would fit better in this game. I'll be happy to throw a vote on either of the two.

Thorkin mate, you're dead :(

Locke, you need to give us hints to your character. At the moment I'm tempted to vote Locke, I'm still suspicious of him. I'll start doing a casing, just putting up his posts in one to see if I feel strongly enough about that or not. Anyone like to start on Ellianora or Player? Talm too, though I'm inclined to believe him at the moment as no one else has claimed Elrond.

Might be interesting, these are the votes by Locke, Player, Talmanes and Elli. I've included alignments, the #'s represent where in the vote they were. The total includes all votes made, including the un-votes.

Ellianora:

Day 1 initially votes for Mynd (town) 6/6 but switches her vote to Al Jenn (town) 19/20.

Day 2 votes Mynd (town) again 5/6.

Day 3 doesn’t vote (b/c of LoA?).

Day 4 votes Tigraine (mafia) 12/12 (majority [9] already reached but voted anyway?).

Player:

Day 1, initially votes Adella (town) 1/1 but switches vote to Al Jenn (town) 13/20.

Day 2 votes Mynd (town) 4/6.

Day 3, doesn’t vote.

Day 4, doesn’t vote.

Talm:

Day 1, no vote.

Day 2, no vote.

Day 3 votes Millon (mafia) 8/11.

Day 4 votes Tigraine (mafia) 4/12.

Locke:

Day 1, initially voted Pookie (town) 1/1 but switched his vote to Som1else (mafia) 1/3 and then to Al Jenn (town) 2/20, un-votes and re-votes Al Jenn 12/20.

Day 2 voted Adella (town) 4/9.

Day 3 voted Millon (mafia) 3/11 (interesting note: Millon's vote count says 12, anyone remember why?).

Day 4 voted Tigraine (mafia) 7/12 (Tigs vote count says 9, b/c that was all needed for majority I'm guessing?).

You wake to find blood and carnage around you. You realise that you have to get on with the mission. So leaving those dead behind you head south towards Mordor. Even though Sauron is dead, you know that there a still foul things that wish to get their hands on the ring.

So down towards the Black Gates you go!

Som1 -  Radbag is dead

Thorkin – Merry is dead

Thorum – Aragorn is dead

TMD – Arwen is dead

Charis -  Ugluk is dead

Meesh – Denethor is dead

There are now 8 of you left

It takes 5 of you to lynch.

:)

Be prepared, long post on Locke! If you don't want to read it, here are my final comments: I believe Locke is innocent based on his posts and I'd rather look at Elli, Talm or Player.  I think I'll case Elli next, I don't think she's contributed much and it should be quick.

Locke:

Vote Recap:

Day 1, initially voted Pookie (town) b/c she was #17 (joke vote) but switched his vote to Som1else (mafia) and then to Al Jenn (town).

Day 2 voted Adella (town).

Day 3 voted Millon (mafia).

Day 4 voted Tigraine (mafia).

Day 1 Posts:

Yum, yum, me herey here! :D

He was the first post after the game was open.

Oh, that's right, Day 1.

[glow=red,2,300]Pookie[/glow] for being 17. :D

Seems like a joke vote but Pookie is innocent, if he was Mafia, it’s an easy place to hide on Day 1, voting for an innocent as a “joke”.

[glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Everyone...except Meesh[/glow] because I trust none of you.  *looks around suspiciously*

However, he unvotes her quickly enough to another joke vote on everyone except his bonded(town).

Hm, good point Aemon.  You've convinced me.  [glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow] [glow=red,2,300] Al Jenn[/glow].

Aemon voted Al Jenn because he was Al Jenn. Then Meesh votes Locke because he’s changed his vote every post thus far, excepting his first.

*proves his innocence* :P

Well, you've been a big part of this being my favorite your birthday ever.....Er....*doesn't unvote*

Responding to Meesh, who said he was part of it being her best birthday ever.

No, not really.  *eats a grape*

In response to Mynd’s post voting for Ed.

Exactly.  If you had said ed2funy, then it would have made perfect sense.

Mynd asks why his last post didn’t make sense, Ed says it’s because Mynd didn’t spell his name correctly, Wombat called it semantics and then this post.

Neither of them look particularly scummy to me.

Talking about Mynd and Ed, responding to Wombat’s post.

Well, first of all, A LOT has happened since last I was here. :D

Secondly, [glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]  I doubt we'll manage to reach a consensus by the end of the Day, but it's still pointless to vote for someone one thinks is innocent.

[glow=red,2,300]al jenn[/glow] somthing just doesnt seem right about the way your playing

Yeah, this seemed REALLY scummy to me.  [glow=red,2,300]Som1else[/glow]  Also looking at Marta who seemed innocent to me at first but then started digging holes....

And for the record, I don't see Ed as all that scummy.  He is who he is. :D

Good call on Som1else and Ed. This is where he changes from his joke vote on Pookie, to Som1else. I don’t think if he was on Som1else’s team he would have planted this seed in the town’s mind and voted for the guy first. Once you put something out there, especially on Day 1 when the simplest things can snowball into a lynch, it would be stupid to get that out into the air.

Yes, he did, but wouldn't it look just as scummy to keep it on?  Unless, that is, you could provide a valid, believable reason for thinking that he actually IS scum.

This is regarding Mynd’s comment about TMD (town) jumping off of Al Jenn’s bandwagon as soon as Mynd called it such. Mynd responds by asking why Locke is defending TMD.

As I read more of these posts, I’m starting to believe he is innocent, not mafia.

Yes, he did, but wouldn't it look just as scummy to keep it on?  Unless, that is, you could provide a valid, believable reason for thinking that he actually IS scum.

Why are you defending him? If he believed in his vote in the first place, he wouldn't have been so nervous about taking it off.

Because he doesn't seem scummy to me....I re-read the section where TMD voted and unvoted and I still don't see anything scummy about me and I don't understand what you see is scummy about him.  You said that he jumped off the bandwagon when you pointed it out, but I read up to the point where he unvoted and I didn't see you say anything about the Al Jenn bandwagon.  It seemed to me, rather, that he got off as everyone else was getting on.

Locke points out that TMD unvotes Al Jenn *before* Mynd makes the comment about it being a bandwagon by way of reasoning why he’s defending TMD and thinks he’s innocent.

Oh, that was what you were talking about?  Huh, somehow I managed to miss it.  However, I still hold my opinion.  That doesn't really change much in my mind.

Not sure what this was about specifically, it was right after Mynd’s post but I dunno.

Er, so if he flips scum before that post, it's okay?  And he'll be shunned for a week if he ever flips scum again?  [/smart alack remarks] 

As for Ed:  I agree with Adella about him.  This IS just how Ed is....he's not normal, so to speak. :D

First part referring to Adella and some comment she made about Ed and then defending Ed’s playing style.

DAY 1 VOTE:

Mynd: (4) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon

Al Jenn: (3) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS

Ed: (3)         Mynd Wombat Efrit

Wombat: (2) Lia Thorkin

Som1else: (2) Locke Pookie

Dragon: (1) Mynd TMD

Thorum: (1) Adella

Marta: (1) Meesh

Amadine: (1) Marta Millon

Locke: (0) Meesh

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

There are 28 players, it takes 15 to lynch.

Not voting:  Elli, Ed, Amadine, Tigs, Marta, Talm, bliggy, Efrit, Play3r, David H, Som1

Not signed in yet: Elli, David H

Som1else voted for Al Jenn, Talya!

I find that justification a bit iffy, Some1, so I'm still gonna keep my vote on you as Marta doesn't have any more votes on her than you. (I think)  My main suspicion is divided rather equally between the two of you.

And for the record, I find Mynd neither annoying or scummy seeing, although I could easily be totally wrong.

Som1’s justification is that he wasn’t making accusations, he was “clarifying” his vote on Al Jenn and then some rambling on Jesters.

*Bandwagons [glow=blue,2,300]Left[/glow]*

I'm laying some of my cards on the table, since we're down to a day to decide.

I'm currently voting for Som1else.  My first choice would be to leave my vote there, but reaching a majority might not happen if I do.

I would change my vote to Marta to reach a majority.  She is the other with votes who I believe may actually be scum. 

I would not change my vote to Ed, not even to reach a majority.  I believe him to be innocent. 

I would not change my vote to Mynd without some serious evidence against him beyond his reputation.  That doesn't mean I trust him or believe him innocent, but he does have the effect of getting people to think and those who are willing to look on their own aren't going to be led by the nose by him, but might be encouraged to look into something deeper as a result of his prodding.  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure of his allignment, but he can be useful regardless until we can figure it out.

Um, I agree with all of this...strangely. :D

Yeah, Marta and Som1 still my definite top 2 suspects, willing to go with either one.  HOWEVER, seeing as the bandwagon is on [glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow], and he's the only person withing lynching distance, my vote goes to him.  At least it'll give SOME useful information, although I don't really think mafia, but heh, you never know.  Might get lucky.

Also, about Adella, I don't really find her scummy, because if she was scum, then that would mean she'd be on a team with both Marta and Ed....which I think is a bit of a stretch.

Switches his vote to Al Jenn, supporting the bandwagon in order to reach a majority vote on day 1 and get a successful lynch. I agree with his last comment, it would be rather silly of Adella to defend Ed and Marta so strongly if they were all on a team together.

o.0

Who is Eomer and the other one?

And I chose right....does that mean I almost died?

Eomer was Rohan's king's (Theoden) nephew.  He ended up being heir to the throne when Theoden's son died and later became king when Theoden himself died.  Eowyn is his sister.

Well, first of all I'm disappointed I didn't get on after Al Jenn posted.  His posts were enough to convince me of his innocence (mainly the "I'm town" statement.  Although you do know that makes you a pretty easy target when you ARE mafia Al....)  Although, I suppose unvoting wouldn't change anything and having a random modkill wouldn't have been much of an improvement...so I suppose it's an acceptable ending. 

Umm....I think I had other thoughts, but it seems I've gone and forgotten them.... >.< 

(this game takes up so much time :D)

There's also the case of his bandwagon vote on Al Jenn Day 1. 

But anyway, at the moment, I don't know who to vote for with such split suspicions.  Well, wait to see what night and morning brings. (game wise)

Talking about Som1 again. I’m assuming the other person he’s talking about is Adella because of Meesh being forced to say she absolutely believed Adella was mafia, while Mynd said he absolutely believed her to be innocent.

Day 2 Posts:

Hm, wow.  Thoughts:

First of all, yay for the mafia NK! :D  Thank you mafia for you kind contributions to Townie success. :D

On the matter of Mynd:  Strange indeed.  Don't know whether it's a result of PR or some side effect of the ring or what, but it makes me a bit reluctant to vote for him....Really still don't know what to make of him, alignment wise.

Day 2 vote: Withholding for now as I'm not sure who to go for out of Marta, Adella, and Som1else. 

Ed and Mynd are lesser suspicions.

Here he is still talking about his suspicions of Som1, again I think that if he was on Som1’s team, he wouldn’t be putting it out in the town conciousness, nor would he still be harping on it still.

I'm going to [glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow], because Meesh is going to Bree and I like Meesh. :D

And, well, here we still are with few votes cast out and no consensus being close to being reached.  I'll go with [glow=red,2,300]Adella[/glow] for now, although I'd rather go with Marta or Som1else.  So if y'all switch your votes to one of those two, I'd be happy to jump on the bandwagon. :D

On a side note, if we DO end up lynching Adella, I have no idea what it would entail if she turns out to be innocent which is another reason I cast my vote reluctantly; the result could easily lead to just more confusion. (Which there is enough of already as Adella hasn't really popped out to be TOO suspicious, but Meesh seems so sure....)

Happy to jump on a bandwagon? Meesh took her PR very seriously, believing she had to make it look convincing or she would be modkilled. I decided to test fate a bit and make it obvious, to back up Meesh (since I had the same PR for another person, which, btw Mafia, just made me doubly sure that Adella, Meesh AND Marta were all innocent :P Edit: except when it didn’t >.< Marta’s playstyle made me wonder if she was recruited b/c I forgot there were no recruits ) and to make sure no one took me seriously.

Um, wow.  First of all, I think Borimir's idea is great, and we should all go along with it.... :D

Okay, so those character clue reveals do definitely indeed help, though, yeah, Meesh could still definitely be either way.  Hard to say.  Too bad we couldn't get any info from a lynch as the Day seemingly ended early. 

As for the Adella view's, it's ALSO hard to say which one is subverted.  The Plantir doesn't really seem all that trust worthy....but who knows.

And off to the Prancing Pony! :D

Plantir? He seems iffy on Meesh, if he was mafia, this is a good way to keep suspicion on the innocent but I can see an innocent feeling this way as well.

Day 3 Posts:

Wow, 4 NKed...and all Innocent.  That sucks! :-\

But I think I agree with Mynd's analysis of what went on here.  [glow=red,2,300]Millon[/glow]

And Meesh still seems innocent to me. 

Edit: Thank you Mynd.  That's useful/just plain nice. :D

Still? His previous post professed waffling and being UNSURE if she was innocent. He does immediately vote for Millon though.

Hum indeed.  Too bad we didn't get a vote count earlier so as to be able to deduce exactly who has it

This confuses me…how would a vote count deduce who has the ring? Am I missing something?

Charis, Lia is saying that whatever influenced Meesh to try to get Adella lynched, is doing the same thing to her for Marta.  So yesterday, Meesh was pushing for Adella not because of suspicions, but because of an external influence which is now being exerted upon Lia in an attempt to get Marta lynched....which would make me think that Marta is innocent.  As well as Meesh too, unless it's some plot, but I doubt that.

Edit:  Don't cults usually have recruiting ability though?  And did not our Mod say that there was no recruiting going on?

Charis, the baddie, is trying to throw suspicion on me and my claims as does LedZepMan. This should have alerted us >.<

Wooh! Mafia goes down! ;D 

Good job Mynd. :D

Any one else find it funny that we just lynched a supremely powerful dark lord? :D

Well, Led, you have your head on the chopping block now and I, for one, am not inclined to remove it.

Convincing, though will have to be.

Suspects LZM and points him out. LZM wants the finder to view him, probably because he knows he will show up as innocent, I’m guessing a Godfather role considering his character. However, someone does the opposite, and kills him!

Day 4 Posts:

Um, [glow=red,2,300]Tigraine[/glow]...definitely. :D

Nice to finally have such success in a mafia game. (assuming she flips mafia...which she, in all likelihood, will)

I also agree about going after Som1else for tomorrow; he's acted scummy from the start.

And nice suicide Led; let us lose a mafia in the night AND now the Day too! :D (assuming of course)

Doesn’t waffle about voting Tigraine. And plans on voting Som1 the next day, still suspicious of him.

Wow, NICE!  3 scum dead and just one Innocent...and the Innocent probably isn't even dead!  This is awesome! :D

Could easily be a Mafia or Innocent posting this.

OMG, NOW I get the Lost joke. That guy in the picture is named Locke in the show right?

1)Som1....by far.

He's my only real suspect, been son since Day 1.

As for the other 2, *shrugs* I dunno, nothing really sticks out.

Telling the truth, he has suspected him consistently throughout the game. And he’s right, the other mafia have been good at keeping low but they might come out if we case Elli, Player and Talm.

Final Thoughts on Elli: She's made 9 total posts in the game. That's sticking under the radar quite a bit and having LoA's is always a nice excuse for Mafia, she also seemed quite bent on Mynd. Despite all that, I'm putting her in my tentatively innocent pile with Locke, nothing in all of that to me screams scum and I'm more suspicious of Player then I am of her at this point.

Ellianora:

Claims to be Treebeard.

Day 1 Posts:

Her first post isn’t until page 24.

Curse you people for making me read 24 pages. :P

And yes, I'm finally checking in, I had to go on an unexpected, last minute LOA.

[glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] cause he practically spams more than ed.

Does this mean she’s back from this unexpected LoA? First vote against Mynd because of “spam”. This makes him mafia?

Next post, page 32.

I have to agree with Amadine's above post on Mynd. Mynd also claims that lynching ed would get rid of a lot of useless spam when lynching him(Mynd) would achieve the same thing.

Just my observations. ;D

Oh and [glow=blue,2,300]Left[/glow]

And in the interest of getting a lynch tonight [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] vote [glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow]

Amadine thinks Mynd looks scummy because he “called scum on the Al Jenn bandwagon to begin with, then he joined the scummy bandwagon and then he tried to redirect the bandwagon to Ed.

That looks to me like scum voting for scum then trying to redirect to an innocent.”

Elli agrees with this (Mafia trying to cast suspicion on a troublesome innocent?) She then unvotes despite agreeing with Amadine that Mynd looks scummy and jumps on the Al Jenn bandwagon. Of 28 players, you need 15 for a lynch and she lands at #17 (minus the unvotes and such), second to last and after the majority is reached. She could be trying to make sure some scum don’t unvote and let it go to random lynch but hmm.

Page 43:

Thanks Tayla. There is a PM waiting for ya.  ;)

Now see Mynd, this is selling yourself out by revealing you have a night action. Much more suspicious than asking when night ends.

Yes and no, a non-roled person could pm the Mod to ask a question. I don’t disagree with her though, it is much more plausible that Thorkin has a role because of that quote, then the other guy because he wanted to know what the deadline was. Though I did get your drift!

Day 2 Posts:

(Day 1 last 46 pages! >.<  That means up to this point Day 1 is more than half of the posts in this game!):

Page 53:

Mynd's PR is also doing my head in. :P As for how he survived the night, my guesses are either no one targeted him because of all the suspicion on Day 1 or he was protected by someone.

I am assuming that Meesh is claiming finder role. Though that was an odd reveal if she is, so I'm still not sure about Adella.

Page 56:

[glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow]

I have no idea what to think. [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] unless someone gives a better argument.

Again, she votes Mynd. She seems to have been after him the entire game, though she’s had few posts.

Day 3 Posts:

Too. Much. Spam. :P

Also, please note that I will be on LOLA till Tuesday. I'll be on if I can, if not, not.

Day 4 Posts:

Page 75:

Ok, I am back off LOLA now, so I will be around and posting more often.

Thanks for leaving me like 20 pages to read. :P

Oh and [glow=blue,2,300]Moria[/glow]

Back from 2nd LoA, complaining again about how many pages she has to read. (it’s a game with 28  players, what did she expect?)

Interesting to note: Charis (mafia) puts Ellianora #1 on her suspects list, this makes me inclined to lean towards Elli being innocent. She also puts Player on her list as #3, though she could be tacking on a Mafia member so if they’re investigated, it makes her look innocent. Or it could mean Player is innocent as well. (Page 77)

Page 79:

has gollum died yet... I cant find it if he has but i seem to think he has

Yes, Gollum is dead, he was one of the first to get taken out.

As for my suspicions, some1else is top of my list, followed by Thorkin. Not too sure about dapianoplay3r, but will be keeping an eye on him.

Som1 is Mafia and I see that Mynd has dropped off of her suspicions. Thorkin is innocent though. She’s a bit suspicious of Player.

Page 81:

Since we're all giving out hints as to character.... I live in Fangorn Forest and despise Orcs. Hope that's enough of a hint with breaking the rule about revealing character.

Gives us hints to her character before it’s asked (I think) Mafia being proactive? But that would be taking a gamble there isn’t another player out there with that character who will counterclaim.

Well I was very much not active for the beginning of the game which is why at one point I posted an indefinite LOLA but then was able to get more involved. I can assure you it was not a fake LOLA either. I had extremely limited access to a computer for a bit, and then a family emergency. I can also reveal my role if necessary. I doubt it'll matter much now anyway.

OOOOH, my brain is very sleepy at the moment. >.< Do forgive me.

I am very sleepy, I'm going to go home and read a bit (Bartimeaus #2) and get to bed, I have to be up at 5:30 am. Could someone else do cases on Talm and Player? I don't have the time tonight >.<

Meanwhile, I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on [glow=red,2,300]Player[/glow].

This should be very easy to figure out, guys. If the game follows the same patter, the person who had the ring last night used it to kill off some innocents and will now have a PR about losing the ring. Talmanes has posted with no PR. We just need to hear from Elli, Player and Locke to figure out where the scum is. We have until 11 CST tonight to find them. The person that does not post gets lynched. It's that easy.

I can see either Ellianora or Locke as the last bad guy. Or perhaps they are both bad guys. I really have a hard time believing the Ent claim. Ther are other main characters in the story that would fit better in this game. I'll be happy to throw a vote on either of the two.

Why? Ent were somewhat central to the defeat of Saruman in the novels, why not have them as a character. The mod added on page 1 that Efrit was killed by an Ent, did you conviently forget that? Particularly as Mynd has been posting it everywhere these last few pages. I killed Efrit because people's arguments made me suspicious. My role is to view people, if they are an Orc, I kill them, if not, nothing happens.

Most everyone seems set on the fact that a mafia must have the ring. Why? Mynd had it and he's an innocent, so did Pookie, who was also innocent. Also [glow=red,2,300]player[/glow]

Aemon, I know you stole my ring! You STOLE IT!!!!!! Give it back you thieving scum!!!

Archived