DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not scum. I'm one of the four known innocents with Ed and Pookie. And I still have a favorable role for town.

Pookie, care to comment on this?  ;)

Thorum, you are REEEEEAAAAALLLLY gonna have to be convincing for me, one who sees into people's hearts, that you are beneficial in any way to us.  For the record, voting an inactive player is not convincing.

Read the bold:

I have no idea who to vote for, so I'll vote an unusually inactive player: bligblog.

And:

My role PM contained character names for all 4 of us.  Based on Ed saying he had 3 others who can vouch for him, I believe the role PMs to all of us contained all 4 character and player names.  So short answer, yep, I'm reasonably sure they know my allignment.

I also know the fourth innocent, but would advise him/her not to come out yet. We do not have to make it too easy for mafia because Mynd asks so nicely.

I can confirm that Thorum is one of the two I haven't been commenting on who also knew Ed, me, and the other.  I also believe  I have guessed his role (one that fits the character) and know how it might be confused for a non-town role, but it's only a guess and not from direct info I have.  I do think he might have taken my ring.... *eyes Thorum warily*

Oh, and Tigs, I know who the other roleblocker is (one of you probably has my ring!) and that person has been vouched for.  How many do you think we have in this game and would there really be 2 on the town side?  If there are more, do you think they have my ring?  *mumbles "I bet they do..."*

Fair enough...if Pookie is who I suspect, then that means Thorum must be in Pookie and Ed's fellowship.  I hope he takes my vote for him in stride!  :D

[glow=red,2,300]unvote Thorum[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]vote Tigraine [/glow]

With the luck that we have had (Gollum, Sauron, Saruman) I think we actually can afford to take a chance here. 

Hey kids!  Its time to play Metagame Math!!

(Mynd's long but enlightening and somewhat entertaining post!)

First, let's look again at Ye Ole' Roster of innocents and baddies.....(now with Mynd's hints and a minty fresh scent!)

The Players:

1. Ellianora

2. TheMasterDude

3. Locke

4. mmeeshal - Steward of Gondor

5. WWWwombat - Eowyn Killed by the Old Willow day 1

6. LedZepMan - Saruman Night killed Night 3

7. aemonkristen - L.Ron Hubbard

8. dragonsworn1991 - Gollum Night Killed - Night 1

9. ed2funy - Gimli Night Killed - Night 2

10. ThorkinBarrimore

11. Thorum - One ARRROGant bastard!

12. Amadine - Frodo Night Killed - Night 2

13. MCS - Celeborn Night killed Night 3

14. Charis al'Aslan

15. Lia - Faramir

16. Tigs

17. Pookie - Plays with LEGOS!

18. Al Jenn - Eomer - Day 1 Lynch

19. Marta Sedai - Boromir

20. Talm

21. Blig Blog

22. Efrit

23. dapianoplay3r

24. Millon - Sauron - Day 3 Lynch

25. David Hermes - Sam - Night Killed - Night 2

26. Som1else

27. Mynd - Did you see The Gift? Katie Holmes takes her top off! Sweet!

28. 28. Adella - Theodin - Night Killed - Night 2

Ok, those of you who have modded games can agree that in order for a game to be balanced (town/not-town) then there is usually a 1/3 ratio of scum to town.  THerefore, in a game with 28 players, it is very likely that there are 7 players who are not innocent.  With me so far? Good for you!

Now then, we have found 3 out of likely 7 scumbag players, in fact, it seems like we took out the three most dangerous, 1 solo-win and two ring leaders.  (HA! Get it? RING Leaders?)  Unfortunately, we have also lost 7 townies, as revealed by their demise. Without factoring in anyone's viewings or character reveals, there are likely only four non-townies left among our 18, giving us a ratio of about 2/7 scum to townies, which is an advantage for us.  This means that for every 7 of us, there are likely only two scum. Still with me?  No?  Well, I'll sum up....

Assuming that this is a well-balanced game, and with her modness at the helm, that is a guarantee..... (KISS KISS) ....then even without hints and findings, we have a pretty good chance at lynching a mafia even if we went with random.org....but we must get a lynch today. 

Ok, so now if we go back and look at YE OLE ROSTER and factor in findings, reveals, and educated guesses on who is who, our list of possible scumbags gets even shorter.  I think no one will argue that Marta, Lia, and Meesh are Boromir, Faramir, and the Steward respectively.  Ed2Funy was Gimli, and since Pookie and Thorum claim to be part of his...um...FELLOWSHIP, that leads me to believe that Legolas and Strider are among them.  Since Pookie's power seems to be somewhat of a tracker, I think we could say he plays with Legos and that Thorum is an Arrogant bastard.  The Spawn of Aerosmith must be their fourth team member.....maybe dude looks like a lady? 

If you still don't know who my sweet butt is, then you obviously need a star in a bottle to guide your path. Aemonkitten also shares my knack for not aging despite our ages, and we both have pointy ears.

So, let's look at the remaining players who haven't hinted or been viewed by anyone.  I think it is safe to assume that the likely remaining 4 scum are among these:

Som1else, Efrit, Bliggy, Talm, Tigs, Locke, MasterDude, Thorkin, and Elli. 

This gives us a 1/2 chance of lynching a scum even if we pick a name at random.  I am leaning towards Some1else as our next lynch, but Tigs vote on Thorum almost seems like a "kick rocks" vote, or that of a mafia without a leader and already resigned to losing the game. 

So...um, yes.  Let's lynch Tigs.  If we get a successful lynch, then healers will not need to waste a healing on me.  I will be quite protected!  ;)

DAY 4 VOTE

Tigs: (5) Meesh Pookie Aemon Talm Mynd

Thorum: (2) Mynd Som1 Tigs

Ed: (1)  Thorkin

bliggy: (1) Thorum

As the day goes on you come to a point where you must choose which way to go. Do you go over the ice covered Caradhras or do you go into the Mines of Moria

You must vote, either [glow=blue,2,300]Moria[/glow] or [glow=blue,2,300]Caradhras[/glow]

You know Thorum.  He's a ring stealer, I tell you!  But I don't play with Legos (though I'd like to!  yum!) because I think he covets my beard.  Hey, maybe the ring's in my beard?  *starts looking*

Hmm?  What's that?  Focus on the game?   Well, I looked at that list of Mynd's (also checked his fingers to see if he was wearing my ring, but I bet it's in his coat) and there are a few on there I would speak for so far.  Well, speak for as far as their role or playing are concerned, I'm pretty sure one of them has my ring!  *looks carefully*  If you don't mind sharing, Mynd, (and giving back my ring!) did you view Led last night?  It might tell me something about one of those listed if you didn't.  He probably has my ring!

Barring new info, I would vote for Som1else come morning.  I bet that's who stole my ring!  I also wonder about Elli and TMD.  They're quiet and wouldn't the person who stole my ring be spending all their time staring at its beauty??

Edit for new:  Urk.  Both options stink.  [glow=blue,2,300]Caradhras[/glow] because I don't want to play with the Balrog.  :P

How many are required for a lynch?  It doesn't matter cause I don't know if I will be back on before you all vote so I'm gonna go ahead and reveal...I have a redirecting power.  If someone tries to use a NA against me then I can redirect it to someone else.  I redirected to Thorum last night.  That's why when Pookie came forward, I voted for Thorum  :-\

[glow=blue,2,300]Moria[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Tigraine[/glow]

We know you can't name your character Som1else, neither can the rest of us :P And revealing before we're even done with the day? O.o 1 person mentioned voting you, you being so defensive is VERY suspicious.

A tower guard?  I find it quite hard to believe that out of an array of major characters in this game, Som1else decides to bluff being a tower guard without any powers.  I will look into someone else tonight and let us know the results....unless I am convinced otherwise.

Also, Tigs will soon to join her master Saruman after this lynch.  ;)

Um, [glow=red,2,300]Tigraine[/glow]...definitely. :D

Nice to finally have such success in a mafia game. (assuming she flips mafia...which she, in all likelihood, will)

I also agree about going after Som1else for tomorrow; he's acted scummy from the start.

And nice suicide Led; let us lose a mafia in the night AND now the Day too! :D (assuming of course)

Moria also Tigs I know your scum, Don't try to hide it you know it's true.

and about my character I am a member of the tower gaurd (can't name who) but have no powers.

8. You CANNOT reveal your CHARACTER. However you can reveal your role, should you wish to do so.

As far as I know, no names were ever given to the tower guard, some1. I also believe from what I quated from the OP that everyone is roled in this game. I don't think vanilla is even an option. I'll be very comfortable lynching you tomorrow.

As far as I know, no names were ever given to the tower guard, some1. I also believe from what I quated from the OP that everyone is roled in this game. I don't think vanilla is even an option. I'll be very comfortable lynching you tomorrow.

Actually, I did see in the film that they listed Tower Guard #1 and Tower Guard #2 in the credits, so maybe Som1else really is the Tower Guard.

...or he's a LLL. 

I'll take door number 2 for $1000, Alex!  ;D

Archived