DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

3) Because I was misled.  I'm sure that's never happened to anyone in any game before now.  ::)  I guess it's a crime to be wrong.

2) Because I'm pretty sure Talya herself said that the ring could either make you stronger or double your power, or else confuse you or something like that, someone go find the quote I don't want to.  So maybe if you don't believe Mynd, you could believe the Mod.  That might be a good idea.

1. Um, yeah, you probably weren't reading anything Mynd said if you didn't grasp the implications.  Mynd had the ring.  He had a PR the next day.  We know he wasn't faking it because now Millon has it, and if they're working together and making up a PR than they'd more than likely be scum, and you should still want to lynch one or the other of them for it.

Mynd was able to view 2 people when he had the ring (and he was right, wasn't he?  He said Adella was Theoden, and guess how she flipped when she died?  Theoden.  There is no way he could've known that if he was lying.)  So he knows it doubles his power, and he's been able to prove it.

So, since we had 2 kills of the exact same kind, with the same description and everything, and then next thing we know Millon is posting with the exact same PR Mynd had after he'd had the ring...

Hmm...who else could have had a double-killing power?  Talya's too smart to just give 2 kills a night to one person normally, that would be silly.

Tigraine is sticking up for Millon, she's scum.  I'm still not voting because I'm trying to make a point, but Tigraine is next on my list.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, thank you for the explanation but it was dripping with attitude, I could do without that next time.  ;)

Second, I have no idea if Millon is town or not...my only point was that we also have no idea if you or Mynd are either.  I still don't understand how Mynd knew that your information would be wrong. How did he know that he wasn't the one being lied to...it smells of teamwork to me and I'm just trying to get a read on the situation.

My vote stands, you got quite aggressive there with me just asking everyone a question that is automatically answered in any other mafia game I've ever played.  When someone claims any sort of finding ability and claims someone is scum, if the accused flips innocent, the accuser gets lynched.

I never claimed finder ability.

I am not a finder.

I have never been a finder.

I have no finding ability whatsoever.

Is that good enough for you?

Yes, I have attitude, because not being able to vote the way I want really sucks, okay?  So I want other people to do it for me, and people are refusing, so I'm getting antsy, because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want people to do the right thing here because it helps me and it helps everyone else who's not scum too.

Mynd didn't know that I was wrong, he said he had contradictory information and that he wanted to find out which of us was right.

I WILL go back and find that quote for you, where he said himself he believed my claiming that Adella was scum, but that he was pretty sure one of us had to have been misled or lied to because we couldn't both be right.

I understand that you can't argue your point, I just do not understand why you would say with complete surety that someone is scum without some type of finding ability.  I know that you can't explain it...I am just putting my cards on the table.

Well fine, like I said, I have no real true issue with being lynched, it's just people refusing to acknowledge the validity of Mynd's points that irks me.

So if I end up lynched, at least that clears my name, and maybe you can start listening to the people you should be listening to.

Hmmm, I don't know what I can or can't say about Day 2, but I'm already skirting a modkill, mostly to try and prove which side of this game I'm on as a player.  So I'll say that it was...necessary...for me to do my best to get Adella lynched.

And after that, no, I really can't argue my point, although I will say that Myndrunner is right about a great many things, if you should care to read what he's said since this Day phase started (which, you may call "nonscummy spam" but I haven't seen any spam from him at all toDay).

Hmm. Alot to think about. We have mynd who claims he knowr the roles of more people than he could have posribly viewed. Which is three. But is accurate in his deduction about the double nk. Which couldnt have come from anyone but the ring holder. And badly placed stab wounds would fit in with the description of a hobbit from lnng ago. But why give an old dead hobbit a night kill? Why put an old and long dead hobbit in a the game when he is clearly dead long before the current setting of the story started. MILLON IS A LLL.

We have mynd who claims he knowr the roles of more people than he could have posribly viewed. Which is three.

People drop hints, he's basically saying "Here's who everyone is based on who they've hinted at, plus who I've viewed."

I know I deliberately dropped a hint about my character (it was kind of a really obvious one, too) when Mynd asked me to.  Lia dropped a huge hint about her character after Mynd accidentally said Adella was Boromir.  He corrected himself later and said she was Theoden instead, so the mess-up was human error, not LLL, since he was right about Adella.

I never caught any hints Charis left, but I guess Mynd did....

Basically my point is he's not claiming to know roles, he's actually keeping track of who's "claimed" what character so far.

Which is helpful, since goodness knows I forget things like that.

And God knows I shouldn't really be defending Mynd because people will wonder what's up, but I have reason to know that he's a good guy and telling the truth and he's RIGHT, and if people will just LISTEN to him...

*takes deep breaths*

I am having fun in this game.  I am having fun in this game.  I am having fun in this game.

This game is bad for my blood pressure. :D :P

[glow=red,2,300]unvote Meesh                 vote Millon[/glow]

After rereading from the dawn on a new Day, I can see where Mynd's conclusion comes from and I guess it's a good way to test what Mynd is saying.  I do not see how it is possible for Mynd to know everyone's alignment...just seems like that would make the game pretty pointless.  Time will tell if we've made the right decision.

Oh my. A lot HAS happened.

Lets see..

Double NK. Thats interesting.

That means a scummy had the ring, as deduced my Mynd, and due to Millon's inane Babbling, Its a small wonder as to who. Mynd was insane yesterday, after I suppose he had the ring to double his actions?

therefore

[glow=red,2,300]Millon[/glow]

Million had the ring.  The person who killed Sam and Gimli had their actions doubled.  That person was not a good guy.  

Fool of a Took!  Did you not read where I vouched for Aemonkitten AND Adella being innocent?  And for the record, I had EVERYONE pegged as scum on Day 1.  Or, weren't you reading that either?

While I do agree that it is quite questionable that Meesh (Steward of Gondor) was so gung-ho about lynching Adella/Theodin, I smell manipulation here.  There could be a Wormtongue giving us mis-information or controlling ones thoughts.  

Either way, Millon is the much clearer target.  He had the ring, which doubled his night action, which he used to kill both Gimli and Sam.  AND now he votes Meesh, the only other bandwagon option, to save his skin at L9?  I beg you to challenge that he is the best choice for lynch.  

Please do try.

[glow=red,2,300]Millon[/glow]  (Thanks Meesh)

I've only read up to this point. Suffice it to say I believe Meesh, because of the bolded part which will also explain why...

I believe Marta is Mafia and thus want to lynch her. Oh yes, I so believe this, how could anyone doubt it. It is so obvious. Bla Bla Bla.

Catch my drift? *sighs*

What the?!  ??? I am so confused...

1. Um, Mynd - I know you love naming ppl, but Took that I am, I cant claim the name you're giving me. He would be a relative. ;)

2. Lia - what the hell? We're debating Millon vs Meesh and you throw in a Marta? o_O

All I know is that all the suspects have M as their initial, and M = mafia.  ;D

My current thoughts:

Meesh was totally convinced Adella was scum and pushed a lynch, but she flipped innocent. I can get the part about being misled - esp with Wormtail -- oops -- WormTongue (damn, I'm Harry Potter obsessed) whispering in your ear. It makes sense. But, now she's passionately advocating for blindly following Mynd's leading. I mean... I dont know. Mynd seems innocent enough to me in this Day, but still... He cant possibly be wrong? We should all just listen to him? I find that hard to swallow.

Millon is doing absolutely nothing to defend himself.  ::) He hasnt denied any killing at all. Again - it could be vig or mafia. If it's vig, doesnt the random killing only happen once? I dont think I've played a mafia game where the vig could kill everyday...? Oh wait... I did. Once in the last Buffy game. Hmmm... Ok. Then, yea, I can see where he would be dangerous. *eyes Millon*

Marta - I dont know how she shot up the list today. Maybe Lia can explain a bit more. Unless Lia is insinuating Marta is Wormtongue? (Someone pls clarify!)

I'm not sure any of these people are Town. Yet, there has to be one among the three who's a greater threat. I thought it was Meesh since she seemed to have lied about Adella. Now, I'm just getting a headache.  ::) And I really hate being ambivalent with my votes. People who have played with me know that I'm willing to change it if there's enough evidence, but not randomly. I will hold my vote for now.

I'll probably not get on much tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to read!  :P But, I dont care. Tomorrow I go for my ultrasound and hopefully I'll be able to find out if I'm having a boy or a girl! It's my first and my husband and I are super stoked.  ;D 

Charis: Read the bold in my last post, consider Meesh's strange behavior yesterday, consider my strange and SARCASTIC behavior today, put both together with the bold.

I wonder if their is a cult in the game? Charis's comments make me think she's not so innocent.

*hugs Charis*

That's so exciting! :D

Game:

*deletes everything she was going to say because of Lia's post*

What she said.

And possibility considered, though I was going to go the explaining (AGAIN) route, which would've wasted my time, possibly. :D

Charis, Lia is saying that whatever influenced Meesh to try to get Adella lynched, is doing the same thing to her for Marta.  So yesterday, Meesh was pushing for Adella not because of suspicions, but because of an external influence which is now being exerted upon Lia in an attempt to get Marta lynched....which would make me think that Marta is innocent.  As well as Meesh too, unless it's some plot, but I doubt that.

Edit:  Don't cults usually have recruiting ability though?  And did not our Mod say that there was no recruiting going on?

I'll help spell it out since you and Meesh are under constraints.  ;)  

Lia and Meesh were both given PRs which required them to vote for and lobby for the lynching of specific people (or perhaps people they believed innocent).  Based on Meesh's posts today about not being able to vote for who she wants to, I'm guessing that either she can't vote or (more likely) that there would be an effect that prevents the person from being lynched if she does vote for them.  The part that I'm not sure of is if this is for a limited time or for the whole game.

I think Mynd has also said that Marta *hinthint*Likes Catapults*hinthint* which would also somewhat confirm her innocence.

It doesn't have to be a Cult, it could just be a bad guy found in a surprising place...

But Charis, one thing I wanted to say was this: I am NOT advocating "blindly" following Mynd.  I'm saying, don't just ignore him because he's Mynd and you were annoyed by him earlier.  I'm saying, LISTEN to him.  READ what he says.  THINK about it.  It makes sense!

And there's as much evidence as you could ask for to vote for Millon, short of a finder coming forward and saying "I viewed him, he's scum" so it's not just randomly shifting votes.

You can lynch Millon, to see if both Mynd and myself (for so strongly supporting Mynd) are so horribly wrong.  It won't be the end of the game if Millon's innocent with a vig kill instead of scum with a dirty kill.

But if I'm horribly wrong about thinking Mynd's on the right track, then I might as well leave the game because I have no idea what's going on at all, then.  About me, about the game, about anything. *shrugs*

It's the best I can do to put my firm support behind Mynd and say that I have reason to strongly believe he's right, and that's literally the best I can do.

Archived