DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

Surprising however how fast Liath follows Meesh. If one turns out to be mafia, the other should be our next try.

What's this? Are you now suggesting these two are in co-hoots?

Yes. Which is why I asked two or three posts later:

I must have missed something: what's so obviously "votable" about Adella?

And there still has been no answer to that 4 pages later...

Yes, some kind of 'heavy suspicion' by meesh. But nothing more or less. Either you claim finder or you don't.  Mafia is smart enough to see through semi-reveals. If you're not mafia, but have some info, it likely is only 'mostly true', or misinterpreted, or ...(also possible if he IS finder).

ALso, why Adella?

Meesh has pretty much claimed a finder type role. If we lynch Adella and she flips innocennt, we then proceed to lynch Meesh for leading us wrong. Ed has nothing to do with this.

Meesh, are you ok with what Aemonkitten says here?  Are you that sure about Adella? If she flips innocent, we lynch you?

See the earlier part of this post. There are so many ways  for meesh to get out of here, and (s)he's much too good a player not to succeed.

Mynd, how did you survive night?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that was a long read

I dont really have much to say right now other then Mynd and his PR he is on or something

I think it what happens when you get the ring

I think it corrupts you and makes you post all crazy like, unless your frodo I guess

thats what I think anyway

And before you ask

No i dont have your ring Mynd  :D

Checking in. Mynd's PR is doing my head in *facepalm*

Obviously he had the ring and lost it with the PR given as a result - well that's how i read it anyway.

I really don't think that it changes any of the suspicions on Mynd from Day 1. My scumdar still says Mynd and Som1, and to a lesser degree, Ed, Adella and Marta. Hopefully more information will come to light in the game and we can see where to go from there.

Mynd's PR is also doing my head in. :P As for how he survived the night, my guesses are either no one targeted him because of all the suspicion on Day 1 or he was protected by someone.

I am assuming that Meesh is claiming finder role. Though that was an odd reveal if she is, so I'm still not sure about Adella.

Mynd, how did you survive night?

How did Mynd survive the night? He was so set on the fact he was going to be NK'd.

.....As for how he survived the night, my guesses are either no one targeted him because of all the suspicion on Day 1 or he was protected by someone.

And, as many of you know, there is always method to my madness....and madness to my method.

Exactly! Why bother with someone who is likely going to get his arse lynched anyways?  Why slay a legend when you think him a mad fool?  And why would pro-town Myndrunner suddenly be so concerned with protecting his arse from a night kill?  More on that to come....we still need to hear from a few others before I discuss a certain confusing matter.  It will likely shed some light on who we should vote for.

AND THE BLOODY SQUIRREL HAS MY RING!!! LOOK AS SHE POINTS WITH HER TAIL AT ADELLA!  ACCUSING HER!!! You want the ring all to yourself, don't you Meesh?  You want the ring for your own, but you can't HAVE IT!

ITS MINE!!! MY PRECIOUS!!

IF Mynd is innocent, why in the world would the mafia kill him?  People are so suspicious of him that he's likely to be a lynch target until he's gone.  So IF he is innocent, there's a lynch the mafia won't be targetted with.  Better to kill off someone who has been actively targetting Mynd to try and further frame him.  Hence the reason I'm paying attention to people who keep asking "why is Mynd alive?"  They could be scum trying to frame Mynd or scum trying to distance themselves from Mynd, depending on Mynd's allignment.  I'm sure not all of you are scum, in fact I personally believe some of you are asking the question because Mynd was "so sure" he was going out, a rub it in kind of thing.  But it's a good place for scum to hide.  

I'd make the IFs bigger if it wouldn't be obnoxious to do so.  :P  Mynd's a wily player and I wouldn't put elaborate ruses (including faking PRs) out of the realm of possibility with him.  I'm just pointing out that there's a very logical and possible reason he's still with us that doesn't include healer protection or the "he's not dead because he's mafia" arguement.

Edit for new:  Of course, Mynd said nearly exactly this while I was typing all this up, but I wrote it so I'm posting it anyway.

Oh, and on the solo winner thing, it is possible to have more than one solo winner in the game, particularly if we're talking about solo roles without kills.  The survivor, for example.  http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Survivor  I point that role out in particular since I think it's a good fit for the character of Gollum.  If it came down to serial killer vs survivor, it would be a mod decision how to handle it, but for me, one has a kill and the other doesn't... pretty clear.  Lily's Disney game had quite a few solo roles in it, just as an example that many of you played in.

Pookie, your points about roles are valid....for a RING THIEF!  Give it back!! 

...but I would also like to add that this is indeed where the LOTR part of the game does become quite helpful.  Although her Modness did mention some creative liberties, it would be highly irregular for Gandalf to be mafia and Sauron to be an innocent.  So, looking at the list of possible characters as if I were going to mod this game, there are certain conclusions one could make.  For example, your point about Gollum and his solo win condition. 

I would contend that a Boromir character would be likely an innocent, very defensive about Gondor, and prone to using catapults.  His faith may falter, but his heart is true and he cares about his people. Make sense?

We have until Wednesday.  Let's hear from everyone before I cast in some additional information that might be helpful.  Curious thing about the Adella bandwagon......not a whole lot of people jumping on it. I would think a Marta or even Som1Else lynch would make more sense, but I do see what Meesh means about Adella being defensive.  Could just be her playstyle though. 

Anyways, I'm more prone to lynching [glow=red,2,300]Som1Else[/glow] at this point. 

That's what I'm still interested on. You haven't given any backup for your total surety that som1else is scum. Do you have a good reason? Because I've yet to see it at this point.

Although I did enjoy your conspiracies about Meesh. They made me lol.

With the sun creeping slowly over the sky, the group eventually come to the East Road. Unsure whether to venbture on it they hesitate. But decide that there are plenty of places to hide should they come across anything. So they continue the rest of the day down the road.

It isn't too long you come to a turning on the left and not too far down the road is the gates to the town of Bree. Your mouth waters at thought of having a beer in the Prancing Pony.

You now have a choice, to go to[glow=blue,2,300] Bree[/glow] or continue on the[glow=blue,2,300]East road[/glow].

You do have to reach a majority on this vote.

On my phone so will post again when I get home to my laptop.

Just want to get my vote for direction in now. (I can't see colors, we glow in blue right?)

[glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow] all the way! :D

Well I did intend to post again once I was home but stuff has happened IRL and right now I'm not really in the mood, nor do I have the energy, patience, or presence of mind, to participate in the game.

Probably won't for the rest of today (RL).  I've had a stressful weekend and yesterday pushed me over the edge and apparently insomnia hasn't helped my emotional stability at all, so yeah.

I'm really not in the mood for much online at all right now, just so you know.  You'll hear back from me when I've rested and got myself all together again, whenever that is.

[glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow]. It may be now that Gollum is dead, that the only players to gain access to the ring are townies. I don't recall any baddies getting a hold of the ring....Just something that popped into my head.

This bandwagon on Adella is surprising though. Needs to be thought on.

Ahhh yes, [glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow] for me please....and some cheddar perhaps?  Monterey Jack as well?  Oh, very nice spread!

Meesh is blaming offline issues on why she HAS THE RING!  And I believe she gave it to LIATHIANA!!!! Now LIa has the ring!  MY RING!! GIvE IT BACK!!

Yes indeed, LZM, this lynch on Adella needs more thought.  If we lynch an innocent this day, we may as well have blown it like the Horn of Gondor! 

OH, and tune in to G-Spot Radio starring Mystica and our own Mod, TALYA, every Saturday at 1pm Eastern (which is what, 8 or something GMT?) 

I think LEDZEPMAN has my RING now!!! Look at him!! He looks QUILTY!

I'm going to [glow=blue,2,300]Bree[/glow], because Meesh is going to Bree and I like Meesh. :D

And, well, here we still are with few votes cast out and no consensus being close to being reached.  I'll go with [glow=red,2,300]Adella[/glow] for now, although I'd rather go with Marta or Som1else.  So if y'all switch your votes to one of those two, I'd be happy to jump on the bandwagon. :D

On a side note, if we DO end up lynching Adella, I have no idea what it would entail if she turns out to be innocent which is another reason I cast my vote reluctantly; the result could easily lead to just more confusion. (Which there is enough of already as Adella hasn't really popped out to be TOO suspicious, but Meesh seems so sure....)

Archived