DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

I recently re-watched two movies, but this time on Blu-Ray!!!!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  I liked it so much more the second time around.  I think that I watched it with a more open mind and less as the movie critic I profess to be.  It was entertaining and I remember why I like Lilly Collins so much. New Score: 7/10

Avatar.  This blew my mind.  I saw it in 3D in theaters, and really didn't like it.  Again, I think I watched it with a much more open mind than when I saw it in theaters.  It looked SO GOOD on Blu-Ray, I couldn't believe it.  New score: 7.5/10

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a bunch of movies, and need to update.

Robin Hood Really good, great cast and director.  I like how it was a prequel to the "classic" version of Robin Hood, and it set up a sequel very nicely.  I like the twist that Scott gave the normal story, how Robin wasn't the son of a Lord that returns from the Holy Lands with glory.  I like how his father was a revolutionary and how he fights his way to becoming a champion of the people.  The only part that I didn't like was how the French "surrendered" to him and how suddenly everyone loved him.  It's like, he went from being a nobody to a hero in the space of one battle.  I can understand how it mattered to the plot (the reason Prince John hates him and makes him an outlaw), but I still wasn't a big fan of that plot detail.  Overall though, I really liked it and can't wait for the sequel.  8/10

Transformers 2  Hated it, over-the-top special effects, bad acting and plot direction, bad character development, random/chaotic scenes and plot twists.  I liked the Stealth Bomber Transformer (The Ancient One), but that's about it.  3/10

How to Train Your Dragon Incredible!  One of the best movies I've seen in years and definitely the best I've seen this year.  It was fantastic: it looked great, the voice cast was top notch, the story was beautiful, it was hysterical, and it captivated me.  I wish I could have seen it in 3D (I know this makes me a hypocrite, but it was so good!)  10/10

I just went on a film course for a week so my movie watchng increasd a load. I went and saw a film called exite through the gift shop. Its the banksy film about street art and it was amazing! Banksy is great and i realy liked him. The film made me want to become a street artist it was that cool

I also just saw nine the musical. It was ok but i didnt get into it. Maybe i just wasnt in the mood but i thought it was a bit ful of itself. I also watchd st trinians 2. The first one was gud. This one was just a quick money grabber and i was dissappointd.

meh ...  the cartoon is better for sure; but it was a decent adaptaion imo

i didn't like the actors potrayal of some of the characters, but the main element was there.

best i can say is atleast M.Night is doing better with Airbender than Wanrer Bros is doing with Harry Potter.

I disagree. You have to view harry potter as separate from the books. Bar the first few films the series isnt bad. They have actually done really well since they basically started blind. The last book wasnt even in production so they had no clue where it was going. Its about the only time ill defend a movie over a book and im not even a hp fan

actually, i'll disagree until i'm blue in the face about this and you won't change my opinion; my veiws on Warner Bros nd their treatement of the HP series is that their treating it like a $2 hooker.  

if it were to be viewed as seperate from the books then they wouldn't keep the exact title of the books.  movies which are baised on books are supposed to be a visual depection of the book, not where you keep to the concept and then add scenes and switch around the things that happen and how they happen.  the movie HBP was an utter disgrace and failure to the seires.  

to say they started blind is giving them an excuse for their failure at living true to the series.  with SS came to the big screen OoTP was about to come out so yes they had plenty of info to get through th first 3 books.  to say they've done well, if you've read the series (especailly with HBP) is wrong.

honestly, i was okay with the movies until HBP, and DH's looks like it will be worse.  trust me, i'll have a page & 1/2 describing why when it comes out.

*grumbles*  not to mention the lack of a battle and the focus one tween angst instead of the real point of the book

*eyebrow twitches* 

and now they get all money hungry and split a book that isn't even that long into two movies.  OoTP and GoF shoudla been 2 movies.  DH's can easily be one

I watched The Losers and thought it was lots of fun.  I also rented and watched The Vampires Assistant.  I thought it was a different movie but I was pleasantly surprised.  And the cast did a real good job.  No hammy performances which look real possible considering who the star was.

• 2 weeks later...

I have indeed. I love that film! ;D

Timms: Wasn't he a nancy, sir?

Hector: Foul, festering, grubby-minded little trollop! Do not use that word!

[Hector hits Timms on the head with an exercise book]

Timms: But you use it, sir!

Hector: I do, sir, I know, but I am far gone in age and decrepitude.