DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

^ god don't remind me how aweful that movie was in comparison the to book *shakes head*

okay, so i just watched A Nightmare on Elm Street and it was okay.  the CGI was awesome! and i absolutley LOVED the shout outs to the original!!  as well as the back story on Fred.

however, i'm not inclined to want to rush out and see the sequel in theaters, and i didn't find it all the scary, no more than the original anyway.

had i been younger and watched it, i would've been scared, but not at 25yrs.  infact on Friday i watched the original "Nightmare on elm Street" for the first time that way i knew what all the hype was about.

it's a good movie, don't get me wrong, and did justice to the name sake.  besides, i'm glad hollywood is finally over the laughable japinese "horror" film fetish its had; even if they are re-making the classics.

I've seen that, it's fantastic. Freaked the hell out of my hubby though. :D

Watched Crash, The Terminal and Avatar. I've seen the latter two before, both still very good! First time I've seen Crash, was quite impressed actually. I didn't think I'd like it, but I did.

Just watched Being John Malkovich and good god was it weird.  I felt awkward, perverse, disgusting, uncomfortable, and weird just watching it.  I probably would have turned it off about 30 minutes into it if I had been the only one watching it.  Netflix thought I would like it, but I really didn't.    It was boring and dragged on and on and all the characters were so pitiful; Charlie Sheen was the only performance I truly enjoyed, although Malkovich's performance was terrific (his role was so off-putting, though).  It's hard to describe this movie.  However, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.  4/10

Also, watched Field of Dreams the other night.  I didn't like it either.  Too sappy and lame and Costner's wife's performance was terrible and unbelievable (in the bad way).  5/10

No worries Alaksuleiel, I very much want to see it and expect to laugh.

I've got a few movies to catch up on.

I watched Bull Durham the other night.  It was a really funny baseball comedy starring Tim Robbins, Kevin Costner, and Susan Sarandon.  It was well made, well acted, and the laughs are spot on.  8.5/10

I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus and I have to say that I enjoyed it.  I saw where Terry Gilliam was trying to go, but unfortunately he wasn't able to get there.  It was definitely a trippy movie, and I'm sure it would be a crazy one to see on acid (if you're into that sort of thing).  Heath Ledger was great, as were Jude Law and Johnny Depp - Colin Farrell was the only one who didn't really fit into the foursome (acting wise, his style was a little off from the rest), but that may be because it was up to him to reveal the true nature of Tony's character.  It looked fantastic, the acting was good for the most part, the story was entertaining, and it wasn't too insane.  Overall, I would definitely recommend it.  6.75/10

I then watched Three Days of the Condor with Faye Dunaway and Robert Redford.  This beauty was made in the 1970's and is a conspiracy thriller directed by Sydney Pollack.  What can I say, Dunaway and Redford were great in their roles.  Redford plays a CIA analyst who gets caught up in the middle of a murder/whodunit conspiracy and he doesn't know who's trying to kill him.  Max Von Sydow is great as the assassin; although he shows a little too much heart to be completely believable as someone capable of killing men and women in cold blood.  Overall it was very good, if a little predictable.  8/10

Tonight I watched Once again; it's been too long and I'm going to see The Swell Season in concert in a week, so I felt a burning need to watch it again.  This movie is bloody brilliant.  If you haven't seen it, GO SEE IT!!!.  It's one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The acting is great, even though the cast is a bunch of nobodies, the direction is fantastic, even though it was shot on a shoestring budget, and the music is INCREDIBLE!!!  In this charming contemporary musical helmed by John Carney, a street musician (Glen Hansard) in Dublin, Ireland, strikes up a friendship with a migrant street hawker (Markéta Irglová), and the duo ends up composing and recording a series of songs over the course of a week. The tunes mirror their burgeoning romance and help the young busker release his musical passions. The actors wrote the tunes they perform, winning an Oscar for their efforts.  I can't plug this movie enough.  10/10, 100/100, 1000/1000!   GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Valentines Day was an awesome movie!!!  worth the rent.  its a chick flick that even guys will enjoy, atleast bubba didnt seem to mind it too much.  all the actors are great and it really reminded me of 'Love Actually'. 

Ninja Assassin  meh.  not my cup of tea.  bubba enjoyed it, but i've never been a fan of the kung fu genre.  specail effects were decent in it, also the english in it was understandable with out the old 2 min delay.  lots of blood though and as typical of kung fu movies, the plot was really lacking.

Just watched The Pianist (2002) with Adrian Brody.  I have to say, I loved this movie.  It was emotionally devastating; Brody gave an unbelievable performance as a Jewish Pianist who gets caught in Poland during the Nazi takeover.  His struggle to survive is the basis of the movie, and it's beautifully told.  The movie looks amazing, the cinematography is terrific, the lighting creates a bleak landscape of terror, horror, and destruction.  The music is stunning, with fantastic piano pieces from the masters of the classics, from Bach to Chopin.  I have to give mad props to Brody though, for bringing the entire movie together with a stunning performance.  The movie is sure to be great on it's own, but it's Brody that makes is incredible.  I literally can't praise him enough...my mind is blown.  Sure, it's about the Holocaust, so it's emotional viewing, but it's fantastic and truly a tribute to humanity.  Please, watch it.  5/5

I went for a twofer at the $ theater last night.  I saw Date Night and Alice in Wonderland and I really enjoyed them both.

Date Night was a comedy about The Fosters (Tina Fey & Steve Carrel) and how when they steal another couples reservation at a restaurant, they are mistaken for a couple of blackmailers and have to run from these guys trying to kill them and at the same time figure out how to fix everything.  It was a lot funnier than I expected; Fey and Carrel were really hysterical and definitely made the movie.  I couldn't stop laughing the whole movie through.  Definitely worth seeing.  7.75/10

Alice in Wonderland was one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.  It has an all-star cast and a solid plot.  I really enjoyed watching it and will probably buy it on blu-ray when it comes out.  Tim Burton is usually hit or miss with me, but he definitely did a great job with this one.  7.5/10

just watched Beyond the Gate which is a movie based on the 1994 Genocide in Rawanda.  it's a very sad movie, and makes me even more mad at the UN than i was before i watched it.  i've since looked up facts about the genocide and the movie by all accounts is rather factual.

what was very interesting and neat was that they had survivors of this event on the actual film crew. 

just watched Beyond the Gate which is a movie based on the 1994 Genocide in Rawanda.  it's a very sad movie, and makes me even more mad at the UN than i was before i watched it.   i've since looked up facts about the genocide and the movie by all accounts is rather factual.

what was very interesting and neat was that they had survivors of this event on the actual film crew. 

Did you ever see Hotel Rwanda?

not yet,  i actually caught the ending of Beyond the Gate on show time, and wanted to catch it from the beginning even though i cried alot.  the UN and French are majorly f'd up.

is Hotel Rawanda more of a Documentary??

one thing you have to understand about me krak, i cry easily at movies.  heck i cried when Nemo's mom died.

when i looked up the Rawanda Genocide, i saw the movie title come up.  i'll certaintly look into it.

oh BTW, beyond the gate was actually filmed at the location that massacre happened at.  i applaude and admire the surivivors for being brave enough to go back there